246 10th Ave
New York, NY 10001Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bottinonyc.com/
- Phone: 2122066767
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Alessandro Prosperi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Bottino offers full catering services, with optional staffing, rentals, etc., for gallery, corporate and private events.
- Special Events: Private dining spaces are available for 18-80 guests, and buyout for 100-200 guests.
A word from Bottino
At Bottino, Danny Emerman and Alessandro Prosperi offer classic and eclectic Tuscan Italian cooking and a boutique wine selection in a striking mid-century modern decor. The beautiful patio and garden is the center piece of the restaurant. Steps from the vibrant West Chelsea Gallery Scene, Bottino has been an art world dining institution since 1996. Bottino is the spot for lunch or cocktails after the galleries, or an intimate dinner with friends and family.Continued
Private rooms available for special events.
Private rooms available for special events.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bottino reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (44)great for outdoor dining (44)good for groups (28)fit for foodies (26)romantic (26)special occasion (18)great for lunch (17)great for brunch (11)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (5)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- AttitudeOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/29/2014Worst service I have ever experienced at a NYC restaurant in over 20 years
- Food was a bit disappointingEpicuriousDined on 8/23/2014The cavatelli was ordinary, at best, but the service and ambience were fab!Special Features:
- ClosedNothappyDined on 8/19/2014Despite confirmation of our reservation. Arrived at restaurant and found it closed for renovations.
- Unexpected garden area!MimieatsDined on 8/14/2014From the entrance on 10th Ave , you would not guess that there is a lovely garden eating spot in the back. The food was well prepared and delicious. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing indeedbobkatDined on 8/13/2014Have been hearing about Bottino for nearly 10 years but never made it. Now I just don’t get it, unless the kitchen has really fallen off. Literally every other entree was flavored with red pepper, either for the heat or just the taste. How lazy is the chef? Though my branzino was not so laden, the greens accompanying it were. And the fish itself was a narrow, rather dry little filet. My husband’s chicken had the red pepper flavoring but the tasted more like deli cold cuts. Also had confusion over wine ordering that seemed to stem from a reluctant waiter, whose attitude was just a bit too cool. No returns there.
- Nice pre-theater experienceEmCeeDined on 8/12/2014I men my companion at 7. I told the waiter we would be attending the nearby "Sleep No More" performance at 8, and asked for suggestions on what would be quick. He recommended everything but the chicken and lamb. We both had fish (tuna and salmon). Both came out on the double and were cooked perfectly. There was even time for dessert (berries for her, caramel gelato for me).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magnifico!BonnieYDined on 8/7/2014Every appetizer on this menu kicks some serious butt--and comes out practically in minutes! When we went, we had the burrata, sardines, the fritto misto...and then I had the orechiette pasta with rapini and guanciale. The outdoor seating in the gazebo was charming, and we were lucky to be there on a crisp summer night. Service was very prompt and courteous--I enjoyed everything about this place. There was also a large birthday party of maybe 20 people in a separate room--clearly enjoying themselves.Special Features:
- pleasant outdoor diningGourmande44VIPDined on 8/2/2014I reserved this table for 8 with 15 mins notice on a Saturday evening after walking the high line. Antipasti were delicious, with octopus salad and squid as tasty add-ons. Use of fennel was inspired. All food was nicely prepared and the desserts were delicious. Overall a very pleasant surprise in the city.Special Features:
- homesweethomeDined on 7/31/2014Always a welcome place to dine. Friendly, relaxed, attractive, convenient to Chelsea art scene. Reliably good food. Non-threatening atmosphere. You will be glad you stopped by.Special Features:
- foodie1500Dined on 7/31/2014pretty space... service was warm and welcoming.. nice garden.. moderate level of noise.. food was mediocre.. setting better then the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a real gemrcinnycVIPDined on 7/30/2014The lovely outdoor garden is a charming quaint oasis in an otherwise uninspiring neighborhood..the menu is not extensive..but everything offered is very good,the ambiance is casual and relaxing.Special Features:
- birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2014i invited 5 people and we got 5 appetizers which were great for sharing. beets and burrata were both great. however the entress were wildly underwhelming. I got the lobster linguine special and it was dry and flavorless. it was a little too loud, but still cozy. the outside looks marvelous.Special Features:
- Nothing specialJuv3001VIPDined on 7/18/2014Brought family here, the service well... Not sure we could call it service it was a woman who brought us things when we asked with a look of annoyance who disappeared later so we could not get another drink or water. My salmon was mediocre. Really a boring restaurant food wise
- OliviaVIPDined on 7/15/2014Really great waiter (from Australia) - very glad he spotted that they had not given me gluten free pasta as that would have been the end of my night (I am severely allergic). Thank you!Special Features:
- Fantastic Spot!ahimelsVIPDined on 7/15/2014Great food, great service, great prices--it's all here! If I weren't moving out of NYC, I would definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Perfect experiencenjfoodieVIPDined on 6/28/2014Ate near the garden area, very relaxing and attractive. Energetic atmosphere but we easily enjoyed conversation with friends/relatives we hadn't seen for a while. Food was excellent. Great evening, good value, delightful. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Perpetually PerfectHappycamper1VIPDined on 6/27/2014Bottino is the treasure of west Chelsea. Delicious healthy northern Italian food; extra friendly and efficient wait staff; great lively (but not too lively) ambiance whether at lunch, dinner, or the bar area; interesting crowd of art gallery and neighborhood regulars mixed with foreigners, etc. And it has been around for years but stays fresh, comfortable, youthful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunch and mealsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Great lunch experience. Always a good time. My go-to spot.Special Features:
- lovely dinner in ChelseaGorgeousDined on 6/26/2014We had a very nice midweek dinner @Bottino. The bartender was great and our waitress was also very nice. The food is very good and I recommend the Tuna entree. The lasagna was also delicious. They have a charming outdoor garden but it was too humid out for us so we sat inside under a large skylight. A very enjoyable dinner!Special Features:
- I Won't Be BackHSLinNYCDined on 6/22/2014This used to be a top-notch restaurant with exciting food and attentive service. It's now no better than 100 other less expensive Italian joints. Octopus appetizer was good, but fresh fettucine with lobster was very disappointing -- small pieces of lobster in a boring red sauce. At this point, they're just going through the motions.
- Great GemTBF40VIPDined on 6/19/2014They are always consistant with the menu and always able to get you in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chelsea gemtm1949VIPDined on 6/17/2014This is a place where I take friends and business guests whenever I am stuck for a place where I know the food is good, the wine is priced moderately, the ambiance is pleasant and it has an outdoor area. It rarely fails me, and inevitably my guests laud the food and the ambiance. Service, however, could be better, more consistent. The other night we waited for 20 minutes for salad to be brought to the table, and a waiter was not to be found for long stretches of time when trying to close the bill. To the restaurant's credit, they did bring an extra glass of wine (though why not bring one for each guest?). More often than not, things work much more smoothly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK Food, OK serviceNinjaDined on 6/15/2014I took my husband and children out for father's day dinner. We arrived about 15 minutes early and was told to go walk around until 545pm. Upon our return there was already 5 tables filled with people. We aasked for a small plates for our bread, 20 minutes later we finally received one after I asked another server.Special Features:
- Solid choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/11/2014Above average portion sizes, good quality, fair prices. No wonder they are busy!
- Beautiful outdoor settingPANewYorkerDined on 6/7/2014Bottino did not disappoint and it exceeded my expectations. My party of 8 was seated in the garden and it was the perfect setting with the lights and trees surrounding us. The food was exceptional and so was the service. The service went above and beyond with no pressure to hurry us along and even gave suggestions on where to go out afterwards in the area. I highly reccomend eating here and sitting in the garden.Special Features:
- Awesome!JennyRDined on 6/6/2014Bottino was a great find! Went with a group of 10 people and had a wonderful experience! The food was excellent, great wine selection and the ambiance was perfect! Dark mood lighting yet full of beautiful candlelight. It can be great for groups but also great for a romantic dinner for two! I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrammagDined on 6/6/2014First time at Bottino - just a brief omelet lunch before the High lIne trek. Good omelet, pleasant ambience - but not sufficient to judge more of the menu.Special Features:
- Always ExcellentStevieMacVIPDined on 6/3/2014This place is great on all levels-and reasonably priced. Always a place to go back to.Special Features:
- Mostly pretty greatPrimadonnaDined on 5/30/2014Requested a garden table but a party of 54 made that not possible. Food was great but for one thing- My lobster fettuccini was loaded with lobster meat but the al dente pasta was two minutes away from just undercooked. Frito misto was a terrific starter for the table. But a minute after we got it they were bringing our salads. A friend had warned us about being rushed out but we sent the salads back to the kitchen and after that the timing of courses was better and service was very good overall. When the large party left the garden the dividers were removed; our table was right on the edge of the garden area which was lovely. Shared a lemon tart with a generous scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream. Will go back and try for the garden again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice setting, respectable foodMMCQVIPDined on 5/28/2014The overall experience at Bottino was nice. But not great. Service was slow, although the staff was quite friendly.
- Loved Bottino!nicknameVIPDined on 5/23/2014We enjoyed dinner Thursday so much that we came back on Friday!
- Second Time AroundReneeVIPDined on 5/14/2014If you're walking by you would not know this nice restaurant is there. It's a convenient location with a very nice menu.Special Features:
- Great find! Hole in the wallTitan799VIPDined on 5/13/2014I came here for a dinner with co-workers and some out-of-town colleagues in May 2015. The place is perfect for a fun, easy work dinner, and a place that won't raise question marks on the expense report. The food was perfect, tasted great, and the wines were quite enjoyable, as well. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- uninspiredRP62Dined on 5/11/2014The Mother's Day menu was tasty but uninspired. I felt like I was at a catered event.
- Great findLeslieDined on 5/9/2014Picked this place without knowing anyone who'd gone before. Food was delicious, ambiance was nice and service was great. One thing that really stood out was when they brought my coffee they'd forgotten the milk. When I asked for milk they not only brought it but also brought me a fresh cup of coffee. I thought that was really taking it up a notch. We plan to go back, the lasagna was DELISH!Special Features:
- Great fresh food!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/5/2014Really fresh tasting Italian restaurant near the high line. A perfect place to settle down with friends after a spring walk in the sunshine. I think this was the best food we had during our visit.Special Features:
- The following 482 reviews are from the Bottino reviews archive.
- Great 10th Avenue ChoiceM3147Dined on 5/3/2014A late night reservations following a performance at a nearby comedy club. Not familiar with this area along 10th Ave with its mix of some marginal retail and high rise housing, so I was a little uncertain about my decision as we were walking toward the address. However, We were very pleasantly surprised when we arrived. The decor is modern and appeared to be recently updated. The front bar area provides a quieter drinking/dining alternative to the rear dining area. The main dining area was nice, but a bit noisy due to two rather large groups (20 or so each) seated on either side of the room. Service was excellent and the dishes were very good ... Two pasta dishes and rack of lamb, which was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LarryVIPDined on 4/29/2014This is a welcoming spot a little off the beaten track in Chelsea. The back enclosed patio is especially attractive. The food offerings are standard Italian and well prepared. I would defitely return should Ibe in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- always greatfinedinerVIPDined on 4/23/2014Reliable standby when in Chelsea for great pasta, good wine and great Italian food. Service, even when crowded is attentive, water glasses always re-filled, wine always replenished. And prices are fair. Happy to recommend. Beet salad was delicious.Special Features:
- neighborhood gemguacVIPDined on 4/19/2014Great service and food. Very friendly staff. Always love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.