246 10th Ave
New York, NY 10001Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bottinonyc.com/
- Phone: 2122066767
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Alessandro Prosperi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Bottino offers full catering services, with optional staffing, rentals, etc., for gallery, corporate and private events.
- Special Events: Private dining spaces are available for 18-80 guests, and buyout for 100-200 guests.
A word from Bottino
At Bottino, Danny Emerman and Alessandro Prosperi offer classic and eclectic Tuscan Italian cooking and a boutique wine selection in a striking mid-century modern decor. The beautiful patio and garden is the center piece of the restaurant. Steps from the vibrant West Chelsea Gallery Scene, Bottino has been an art world dining institution since 1996. Bottino is the spot for lunch or cocktails after the galleries, or an intimate dinner with friends and family.Continued
Private rooms available for special events.
Private rooms available for special events.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bottino reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (39)great for outdoor dining (35)good for groups (27)romantic (22)fit for foodies (21)special occasion (16)great for lunch (12)late-night find (7)notable wine list (7)great for brunch (6)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Consistent!BillyKlubDined on 10/27/2014Have now been here 3 times in two months and the food gets better everytime!Special Features:
- mgmt fixed it right away...ShaShaVIPDined on 10/24/2014We were a group of 4, 2 of us had eaten here multiple times in the past -- we love the food and the ambience especially in the outdoor garden. When we ordered a very nice bottle of Amarone - a beautifully supple and mature red Italian wine - the waitress arrived with small cheap glasses - unsuited to the quality of the wine as it needed to breathe... when we requested appropriate wine glasses she said they were all out. After we persisted a second time and said it did not do the wine justice -- management took over, provided a different waitress and the proper glasses. Dinner was very nice and our buoyant mood was sustained. We had a lovely time and i will continue to strongly recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:
- Rolled with us nicelyC2NYCarrieDined on 10/18/2014Selected Bottino based on friend's recommendation & was not disappointed! Booked a table for 12 a month or so in advance, final dinner for a girls weekend. Thanks to hurricanes & other obstacles beyond our control we watched our party of 12 dwindle to 9 the day of our Saturday night reservation; then traffic & a broken down cab resulted in our party not fully assembling until almost an hour after our reservation time. Mentioned as I read other reviews about the inflexibility of the restaurant; we experienced the complete opposite! The wines recommended were enjoyed by all; everyone was nibbling off of each others plates & gushing about the delicious food! Beet salad, filet & the cheese plate were divine! I will gladly return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014food was good however nothing extraordinary. We had many staff coming by our table throughout the night but did not have any one waiter/waitress who we felt was actually looking after us. A few times we felt like we didn't know who to ask for more wine, parmesan cheese etc.
- Rude WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014When waiter found that my friends (who don't drink) would not be ordering drinks, he hurried us along and was rather rude.Special Features:
- AwesomeLdesbrisayDined on 10/4/2014Lovely as usual! Can't say more how wonderful this place is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/30/2014Very accommodating , pretty spot. Salads perfectly dressed. In ice wine list.ook forward to going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfriendly serviceNy1992foodieDined on 9/28/2014Our waitress could not have been more unwelcoming to our group. She was INCREDABLY rude. It was obvious that she was doing the bare minimum required because the tip was included in the bill as our party was more then 6 people. Taking our order, she essentially ripped the menus out of our hands and served us drinks by slamming the glasses on the table. I've never been to a restarunt where the staff was this rude. We won't be coming back.Special Features:
- Very Good, Near Chelsea PiersOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014The waiters at this restaurant were friendly and knowledgeable, and the food was good. The specials not surprisingly were better than the standard items from the menu. The warm bread pudding flavored with creme anglaise was unconventional but lovely -- crispy on top, with custard in the body of the pudding.Special Features:
- How have I not been here before?RajatVIPDined on 9/5/2014I can't believe it's taken me so long to eat at this place -- I'm so glad I finally did. It was a random find, but it is such an institution in the art-scene world. The bar is comfy and not pretentious, with plenty of room, and fantastic drinks (I recommend the pompelato...sp?). Their pastas were all starchy and cooked to al dente, with fresh sauces and flavoring. I had the cavatelli (yum!). I tried the melanzane rigatoni, and I wish I'd ordered that instead! Four of us split the affogato, which was a huge mistake, because it was so delicious. The service was amazing -- our server was hospitable and welcoming. Considering that this was Fashion Week, the dining room was full of good looking people and a great environment over all. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & serviceChrisVIPDined on 9/5/2014I will be returning soon for the memorable pastas and incredible Frito Misto. It arrived with no sauce but after tasting the seafood & veggie delights, sauce was clearly not necessary. Each flavor was enhanced by the light fry. So simple and so enjoyable! Nicely priced wine list as well!Special Features:
- AttitudeOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/29/2014Worst service I have ever experienced at a NYC restaurant in over 20 years
- Food was a bit disappointingEpicuriousDined on 8/23/2014The cavatelli was ordinary, at best, but the service and ambience were fab!Special Features:
- ClosedNothappyDined on 8/19/2014Despite confirmation of our reservation. Arrived at restaurant and found it closed for renovations.
- overall not a good experiencesumart1Dined on 8/17/2014The food was bland and had to add salt and pepper to make it taste like something decent. Our table was partly inside and outside and therefore we were surrounded by mosquitos, getting bit multiple times. Not a very pleasant experience at all and although this was only my 2nd time dining there, I would not go back.
- Unexpected garden area!MimieatsDined on 8/14/2014From the entrance on 10th Ave , you would not guess that there is a lovely garden eating spot in the back. The food was well prepared and delicious. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing indeedbobkatDined on 8/13/2014Have been hearing about Bottino for nearly 10 years but never made it. Now I just don’t get it, unless the kitchen has really fallen off. Literally every other entree was flavored with red pepper, either for the heat or just the taste. How lazy is the chef? Though my branzino was not so laden, the greens accompanying it were. And the fish itself was a narrow, rather dry little filet. My husband’s chicken had the red pepper flavoring but the tasted more like deli cold cuts. Also had confusion over wine ordering that seemed to stem from a reluctant waiter, whose attitude was just a bit too cool. No returns there.
- Nice pre-theater experienceEmCeeDined on 8/12/2014I men my companion at 7. I told the waiter we would be attending the nearby "Sleep No More" performance at 8, and asked for suggestions on what would be quick. He recommended everything but the chicken and lamb. We both had fish (tuna and salmon). Both came out on the double and were cooked perfectly. There was even time for dessert (berries for her, caramel gelato for me).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magnifico!BonnieYDined on 8/7/2014Every appetizer on this menu kicks some serious butt--and comes out practically in minutes! When we went, we had the burrata, sardines, the fritto misto...and then I had the orechiette pasta with rapini and guanciale. The outdoor seating in the gazebo was charming, and we were lucky to be there on a crisp summer night. Service was very prompt and courteous--I enjoyed everything about this place. There was also a large birthday party of maybe 20 people in a separate room--clearly enjoying themselves.Special Features:
- pleasant outdoor diningGourmande44VIPDined on 8/2/2014I reserved this table for 8 with 15 mins notice on a Saturday evening after walking the high line. Antipasti were delicious, with octopus salad and squid as tasty add-ons. Use of fennel was inspired. All food was nicely prepared and the desserts were delicious. Overall a very pleasant surprise in the city.Special Features:
- homesweethomeDined on 7/31/2014Always a welcome place to dine. Friendly, relaxed, attractive, convenient to Chelsea art scene. Reliably good food. Non-threatening atmosphere. You will be glad you stopped by.Special Features:
- foodie1500Dined on 7/31/2014pretty space... service was warm and welcoming.. nice garden.. moderate level of noise.. food was mediocre.. setting better then the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a real gemrcinnycVIPDined on 7/30/2014The lovely outdoor garden is a charming quaint oasis in an otherwise uninspiring neighborhood..the menu is not extensive..but everything offered is very good,the ambiance is casual and relaxing.Special Features:
- birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2014i invited 5 people and we got 5 appetizers which were great for sharing. beets and burrata were both great. however the entress were wildly underwhelming. I got the lobster linguine special and it was dry and flavorless. it was a little too loud, but still cozy. the outside looks marvelous.Special Features:
- Nothing specialJuv3001VIPDined on 7/18/2014Brought family here, the service well... Not sure we could call it service it was a woman who brought us things when we asked with a look of annoyance who disappeared later so we could not get another drink or water. My salmon was mediocre. Really a boring restaurant food wise
- OliviaVIPDined on 7/15/2014Really great waiter (from Australia) - very glad he spotted that they had not given me gluten free pasta as that would have been the end of my night (I am severely allergic). Thank you!Special Features:
- Fantastic Spot!ahimelsVIPDined on 7/15/2014Great food, great service, great prices--it's all here! If I weren't moving out of NYC, I would definitely be going back.Special Features:
- The following 505 reviews are from the Bottino reviews archive.
- good but tireddougVIPDined on 6/30/2014good food, great location, outdoor dining (sort of)... but very tired and worn down. has seen better days for sure.
- Perfect experiencenjfoodieVIPDined on 6/28/2014Ate near the garden area, very relaxing and attractive. Energetic atmosphere but we easily enjoyed conversation with friends/relatives we hadn't seen for a while. Food was excellent. Great evening, good value, delightful. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Perpetually PerfectHappycamper1VIPDined on 6/27/2014Bottino is the treasure of west Chelsea. Delicious healthy northern Italian food; extra friendly and efficient wait staff; great lively (but not too lively) ambiance whether at lunch, dinner, or the bar area; interesting crowd of art gallery and neighborhood regulars mixed with foreigners, etc. And it has been around for years but stays fresh, comfortable, youthful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunch and mealsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Great lunch experience. Always a good time. My go-to spot.Special Features:
- lovely dinner in ChelseaGorgeousDined on 6/26/2014We had a very nice midweek dinner @Bottino. The bartender was great and our waitress was also very nice. The food is very good and I recommend the Tuna entree. The lasagna was also delicious. They have a charming outdoor garden but it was too humid out for us so we sat inside under a large skylight. A very enjoyable dinner!Special Features:
- I Won't Be BackHSLinNYCVIPDined on 6/22/2014This used to be a top-notch restaurant with exciting food and attentive service. It's now no better than 100 other less expensive Italian joints. Octopus appetizer was good, but fresh fettucine with lobster was very disappointing -- small pieces of lobster in a boring red sauce. At this point, they're just going through the motions.
- Great GemTBF40VIPDined on 6/19/2014They are always consistant with the menu and always able to get you in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chelsea gemtm1949VIPDined on 6/17/2014This is a place where I take friends and business guests whenever I am stuck for a place where I know the food is good, the wine is priced moderately, the ambiance is pleasant and it has an outdoor area. It rarely fails me, and inevitably my guests laud the food and the ambiance. Service, however, could be better, more consistent. The other night we waited for 20 minutes for salad to be brought to the table, and a waiter was not to be found for long stretches of time when trying to close the bill. To the restaurant's credit, they did bring an extra glass of wine (though why not bring one for each guest?). More often than not, things work much more smoothly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK Food, OK serviceNinjaDined on 6/15/2014I took my husband and children out for father's day dinner. We arrived about 15 minutes early and was told to go walk around until 545pm. Upon our return there was already 5 tables filled with people. We aasked for a small plates for our bread, 20 minutes later we finally received one after I asked another server.Special Features:
- Solid choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/11/2014Above average portion sizes, good quality, fair prices. No wonder they are busy!
- Beautiful outdoor settingPANewYorkerDined on 6/7/2014Bottino did not disappoint and it exceeded my expectations. My party of 8 was seated in the garden and it was the perfect setting with the lights and trees surrounding us. The food was exceptional and so was the service. The service went above and beyond with no pressure to hurry us along and even gave suggestions on where to go out afterwards in the area. I highly reccomend eating here and sitting in the garden.Special Features:
- Awesome!JennyRDined on 6/6/2014Bottino was a great find! Went with a group of 10 people and had a wonderful experience! The food was excellent, great wine selection and the ambiance was perfect! Dark mood lighting yet full of beautiful candlelight. It can be great for groups but also great for a romantic dinner for two! I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrammagDined on 6/6/2014First time at Bottino - just a brief omelet lunch before the High lIne trek. Good omelet, pleasant ambience - but not sufficient to judge more of the menu.Special Features: