1321 South Congress Ave
Austin, TX 78704Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://botticellissouthcongress.com/
- Phone: (512) 916-1315
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm -10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm -11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: For catering contact Andrew Botticelli at the restaurant.
- Private Party Facilities: Contact us for catering and private dining information.
- Private Party Contact: Andrew Botticelli 5129161315
A word from Botticelli's
Botticelli’s South Congress is a fun and tasty Italian restaurant located in the heart of the exciting "SOCO" district. Botticelli's serves fresh and delicious Italian food combining old family recipes with new, inventive ones. Andrew and Matt Botticelli are the proud owners and are made even more proud by the food that Botticelli's delivers through its amazing staff. There are both an intimate dining room up front and a large beautiful beer garden out back, where there is live music Thursday through Saturday night. Full menu is available inside or out and at either bar. Look forward to seeing you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Botticelli's - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Botticelli's reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (66)romantic (64)special occasion (58)neighborhood gem (55)great for outdoor dining (46)notable wine list (24)hot spot (24)good for groups (14)late-night find (12)vibrant bar scene (11)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Nice place, but no sides with meals. A bit rushed.DaleDined on 11/21/2014We wanted a romantic dinner, and it is a nice place. However, we were in and out of that restaurant in 45 minutes. Seems a little fast for an $80 bill. Small meals come with no sides at all. A side salad is $8 extra, but should be included with an entree. The bread on the table was very good and included, though. Happy hour prices do not apply to the normal dining room, only the bar. Good service. Reasonable beer prices.Special Features:
- Decent but pricey ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/21/2014The food was good - but not outstanding (less so, given the high price point of the entrees). The highlights of the meal: scallops appetizer with beets and garlic puree, and the meatballs. The pasta sauce with the meatballs was bland, unfortunately. The ravioli stuffing (mushrooms, spinach) was excellent but the past itself was underdone (definitely not al dente) and the sausage meager. The restaurant could be romantic, but only if you are seated in the booths. The tables in the middle of the room are very close together - hope you like your neighbors! Service was fantastic. We never wanted for anything, but also didn't feel like anyone was hovering.Special Features:
- Sad dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014Salad (although well presented) was boring. Risotto was mush. Our food was lukewarm and would have been tastier had it been hot. Waiter said he'd comp us dessert, but we were still charged for it. Whipped cream with cheesecake was unrecognizable.
- MatthewVIPDined on 11/18/2014overall our experience was fair. the food was ok- some dishes most certainly better than others. the waitstaff bringing water seemed to be intoxicated which made us feel very uncomfortable.
- StephenDined on 11/15/2014We were referred to Botticelli's by a colleague. I told him we wanted to have a nice night out with great food, a nice atmosphere but not a stuffy, over-priced venue that would break the bank. Boy was he right on the money! The food was fabulous, the atmosphere is cozy and intimate. I highly recommend Bottecelli's for all of the above and then some. We look forward to going back in warmer weather where we can enjoy the offerings of the Beer Garden out back either before and/or after dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time, but Certainly Not the Last TimeBrowner56VIPDined on 11/13/2014This was our first time dining at Botticelli's and we were very pleased with our entire experience. We found the menu to be deep with a number of interesting and inventive dishes. The two we ordered--the Pork Saltimbocca and the Venison Gnocchi--were delicious and perfectly prepared. Our server was outstanding: he explained the dishes very well and steered us toward a bottle of wine that complemented our meals nicely. All together, this was a satisfying meal and we will look forward to returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Lasagna anywhere in town.oraystricklandVIPDined on 11/12/2014Best Lasagna anywhere in town. Ever changing, but always great. Super friendly staff. Hostess will call you if time needs adjusting due to flow. Nice touch. My favorite Italian in Austin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food, great staff, nice decorderekDined on 11/7/2014Visited as part of a trip to Austin, and would highly recommend a visit. The food quality is awesome, the staff are really cool and the whole experience was really good. I would also recommend booking on line - very hassle free.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeTurkDined on 11/7/2014I found this place before I arrived in Austin for my fiancé and I anniversary, and it was a great find. Food was awesome, service was fast and everyone working there was friendly and making sure we had everything we needed. We would 100% go back if we ever come back to Austin, which seems likelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!kandjDined on 11/7/2014Its so hard to find a restaurant with the kind of ambiance Botticelli's has. Cozy tables, perfect lighting, outstanding service, PLUS great cocktails, wine and amazing food. We had a wonderful time and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- missed dessertroxanneDined on 11/6/2014Wine, bread and dinners were all delcious. The place filled up shortly after we arrived and our waiter became less attentive. As a result, we missed out on dessert because we had to leave to make a show. Inwould dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationBDayDined on 11/2/2014Our dinner engagement was to celebrate my wife's birthday. There were six family members in attendance. We started in the Beer Garden and later had dinner indoors. It was a nice, casual setting in the Beer Garden to kick off the evening. The food and service during dinner were fantastic. great place to celebrate an event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/28/2014Fantastic food - fresh ingredients and wonderfully prepared!Special Features:
- Dinner before raceHuneDined on 10/25/2014Great place. Accommodated husband's request for light and healthy pre-race carb load.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite Austin Eatery/MeeteryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/23/2014We use to come here for special occasions only but it's too good to save. Matt & Co. We love ya!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GloriousgeejennyDined on 10/22/2014I lived in Italy for a bit and this sweet spot is very like going down into a great old basement somewhere in Tarquinia and having a wonderful meal ! I have a friend who is also a food friend and this is our go to place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodLeroyDined on 10/18/2014Returned to Bottacelli's for a special night out. It was a good as we remembered - very good service, great food (good selection on menu), excellent wine selection and we were inside so it was quiet enough for our old ears to have a nice conversation. Went early as it was a t.u. football evening game, but still had problem finding parking nearby - no "Handicapped" spaces along the curb in that block. Enjoyable evening - reminded us of the two years we lived in Rome. Will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian neighborhood gemHoustonFoodieDined on 10/17/2014Had a delicious dinner here. The beet salad was excellent. The waitress recommended a wonderful wine that I hadn't heard of before. 3 of us had pasta dishes and 1 had the lamb. All were terrific! I loved how there were plenty of options on the menu for our vegetarian daughter. We ate inside but the patio looked really fun, too. There was a wedding that night so it was more crowded outside that it would normally be. I would definitely recommend this place to friends and we will return on another visit to Austin!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceHudjulVIPDined on 10/10/2014had a great dining experience-knowledgable service, wonderful presentation of food plus delicious. All staff was friendly and willing to serve..Special Features:
- We love this restaurantJillVIPDined on 10/4/2014This is our go-to restaurant. The atmosphere is warm and relaxed; the service is attentive; the food is yummy, and the Pino Nero always hits the spot. There is a small but lively bar inside, along with more formal tables; outside, there is another bar, live music and more informal seating.Special Features:
- Consistently very good in many waysBottsDined on 9/30/2014I don't feel like writing a review right now..but I will say Boticellis has been excellent for at least the last 4 years. I love it and the service has remained very good. The patio is terrific.Special Features:
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We celebrated our anniversary and everything was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian restaurant-No Pizza?Cafe2meDined on 9/26/2014This place was highly recommend to me by a work associate.It can be really easy to blink & miss this place...right near the continental club so look out for that sign. It's super cute and quaint with a bar outside and music playing. My boyfriend & I sat inside and got really excited when the bread and olive oil came out. The bread was really good except for it had a certain sweetness I wasn't crazy about, I also wanted more herbs & spices in the olive oil dip for my bread.As a starter we ordered the Botticelli bread and loved it! We were quite disappointed when we found out an Italian place doesn't have pizza! We ordered chicken Caesar salad and lasagna and were continually unimpressed.I can't say I'm excited to go back & was also pricey.Special Features:
- Consistently GreatKermDined on 9/25/2014The highlights are the beet salad, shrimp and polenta, and the butternut squash ravioli with the sage brown butter sauce!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesStevenMelanieVIPDined on 9/23/2014We have been twice to Botticelli's and have not been disappointed either time. The service is both courteous and knowledgeable. Try the lamb - it's amazing.Special Features:
- GREAT!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014It was a wonderful experience for my wife's 40th birthday. Food was amazing (swordfish and ravioli dishes). Wine was good (I'm not an expert). Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best duck in townJBertramDined on 9/17/2014We were blown away by the food and the service. We have been to B's on several occasions but this was the best yet. The extremely knowledgeable waiter steered me away from a chicken dish to the duck/duck confit ravioli and it was the best meal I've had in a long time. Wife had the scallops and she raved as well. Terrific.Special Features:
- GREAT FIND!!!!ElyseVIPDined on 9/13/2014The whole family went out to celebrate a birthday and it was wonderful. The food was fabulous and they had several items that worked for vegetarians. Will go there againSpecial Features:
- Bart GriffinMrBLGDined on 9/13/2014We had a wonderful anniversary dinner. Family and friends had highly recommended it. We had purchased gift cards for a friends birthday. Our table was ready right on time. We were never rushed, starting with a martini and appetizer. Our server was very good. She willing gave us her opinion and she was spot on each and every time. From the appetizer to the main meal. We topped it off with a great desert. Fantastic experience!!Special Features:
- Always GreatSloMoJoDined on 9/13/2014We've been there many times and it is always outstanding. Every few months when we go the menu always seems to be new with most entrees and starters we haven't seen. The wait staff is awesome and always excellent. We've never had a bad waiter or waitress because they all seem to really love what they do and are proud to work at such a great place. We'll continue to go back as well as go to their sister restaurant across the street Little Barrel and Brown which is also excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasurable experienceBergeDined on 9/11/2014Great experience. The atmosphere was warm and private, and our waiter was responsive and helpful. He even took the time to explain each dish on the menu to us. The main course was top notch. I got the Pansotti di Fungo, a mushroom stuffed pansotti. If you like mushrooms, this is the dish for you! The Pollo con Pesto was also great. The chicken was incredibly tender. Probably some of the best chicken I've had in Austin. My only complaint is with the bread served before the meal. It was a bit stale and drenched in oil. Other than that, 5/5. Also check out Winflo Osteria. Comparible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My kind of placeFromRivieraDined on 9/9/2014My husband and I ate inside in a booth as it was still a bit warm for the outdoors. I enjoyed the quiet, intimate atmosphere inside...great for talking and relaxing. Our waiter was wonderful, offering tastes of wine before ordering and giving dinner suggestions. I loved the lasagna with Italian sausage and my husband said his lamb was good (a compliment from him). All considered, this little restaurant on So Congress exceeded our expectations. I hope to return on our next trip toAustin.Special Features:
- Great happy hour from 5-7!Kristin912Dined on 9/9/2014Servers were very warm and welcoming, food was terrific! Great outdoor area in the back that's shaded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodrestauranthoppperDined on 9/7/2014The place is small and casual right on Congress. The food is fantastic and the waiter we had was great. Will definitely go back to try other dishes. We did go on a Sunday night and the restaurant was about half full, may explain the great service. Definitely recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Italian RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/4/2014The atmosphere was great for a romantic dinner. Our waiter was friendly and knowledgeable. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Austin Dining at its BestkidADined on 9/4/2014The food is always good and has one of the most comfortable atmospheres for an upper scale restaurant. Inside is intimate and not to noisy. Outside dining in the back is wonderful under the old oak trees. The small stage in the back always has a good band. The music is a nice touch to incorporate the heart of what Austin is all about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodHudjulVIPDined on 9/3/2014We always enjoy the food/presentation. We love the small/intimate space. Wonderful experienceSpecial Features:
- newtosocoDined on 8/28/2014beautiful girl that i was with made the food and ambience perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/26/2014This is my fav italian spot in Austin!! Such a lil gem. A must go - fresh items daily!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum, good grubremac3131Dined on 8/25/2014Had not been before, but friends had constantly pushed us to go. Glad we did. A true gem on Congress. Clean, dark, quiet, had everything we were looking for to celebrate my wife's birthday. Good job! We'll be back...Special Features: