1321 South Congress Ave
Austin, TX 78704Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://botticellissouthcongress.com/
- Phone: 5129161315
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm -10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm -11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: For catering contact Andrew Botticelli at the restaurant.
- Private Party Facilities: Contact us for catering and private dining information.
- Private Party Contact: Andrew Botticelli 5129161315
A word from Botticelli's
Botticelli’s South Congress is a fun and tasty Italian restaurant located in the heart of the exciting "SOCO" district. Botticelli's serves fresh and delicious Italian food combining old family recipes with new, inventive ones. Andrew and Matt Botticelli are the proud owners and are made even more proud by the food that Botticelli's delivers through its amazing staff. There are both an intimate dining room up front and a large beautiful beer garden out back, where there is live music Thursday through Saturday night. Full menu is available inside or out and at either bar. Look forward to seeing you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Botticelli's - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Botticelli's reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (69)special occasion (60)fit for foodies (57)neighborhood gem (54)great for outdoor dining (44)notable wine list (23)hot spot (20)good for groups (14)late-night find (13)vibrant bar scene (10)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- GloriousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/22/2014I lived in Italy for a bit and this sweet spot is very like going down into a great old basement somewhere in Tarquinia and having a wonderful meal ! I have a friend who is also a food friend and this is our go to place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodLeroyDined on 10/18/2014Returned to Bottacelli's for a special night out. It was a good as we remembered - very good service, great food (good selection on menu), excellent wine selection and we were inside so it was quiet enough for our old ears to have a nice conversation. Went early as it was a t.u. football evening game, but still had problem finding parking nearby - no "Handicapped" spaces along the curb in that block. Enjoyable evening - reminded us of the two years we lived in Rome. Will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian neighborhood gemHoustonFoodieDined on 10/17/2014Had a delicious dinner here. The beet salad was excellent. The waitress recommended a wonderful wine that I hadn't heard of before. 3 of us had pasta dishes and 1 had the lamb. All were terrific! I loved how there were plenty of options on the menu for our vegetarian daughter. We ate inside but the patio looked really fun, too. There was a wedding that night so it was more crowded outside that it would normally be. I would definitely recommend this place to friends and we will return on another visit to Austin!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceHudjulVIPDined on 10/10/2014had a great dining experience-knowledgable service, wonderful presentation of food plus delicious. All staff was friendly and willing to serve..Special Features:
- We love this restaurantJillVIPDined on 10/4/2014This is our go-to restaurant. The atmosphere is warm and relaxed; the service is attentive; the food is yummy, and the Pino Nero always hits the spot. There is a small but lively bar inside, along with more formal tables; outside, there is another bar, live music and more informal seating.Special Features:
- Consistently very good in many waysBottsDined on 9/30/2014I don't feel like writing a review right now..but I will say Boticellis has been excellent for at least the last 4 years. I love it and the service has remained very good. The patio is terrific.Special Features:
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We celebrated our anniversary and everything was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian restaurant-No Pizza?Cafe2meDined on 9/26/2014This place was highly recommend to me by a work associate.It can be really easy to blink & miss this place...right near the continental club so look out for that sign. It's super cute and quaint with a bar outside and music playing. My boyfriend & I sat inside and got really excited when the bread and olive oil came out. The bread was really good except for it had a certain sweetness I wasn't crazy about, I also wanted more herbs & spices in the olive oil dip for my bread.As a starter we ordered the Botticelli bread and loved it! We were quite disappointed when we found out an Italian place doesn't have pizza! We ordered chicken Caesar salad and lasagna and were continually unimpressed.I can't say I'm excited to go back & was also pricey.Special Features:
- Consistently GreatKermDined on 9/25/2014The highlights are the beet salad, shrimp and polenta, and the butternut squash ravioli with the sage brown butter sauce!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesStevenMelanieVIPDined on 9/23/2014We have been twice to Botticelli's and have not been disappointed either time. The service is both courteous and knowledgeable. Try the lamb - it's amazing.Special Features:
- GREAT!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014It was a wonderful experience for my wife's 40th birthday. Food was amazing (swordfish and ravioli dishes). Wine was good (I'm not an expert). Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best duck in townJBertramDined on 9/17/2014We were blown away by the food and the service. We have been to B's on several occasions but this was the best yet. The extremely knowledgeable waiter steered me away from a chicken dish to the duck/duck confit ravioli and it was the best meal I've had in a long time. Wife had the scallops and she raved as well. Terrific.Special Features:
- GREAT FIND!!!!ElyseVIPDined on 9/13/2014The whole family went out to celebrate a birthday and it was wonderful. The food was fabulous and they had several items that worked for vegetarians. Will go there againSpecial Features:
- Bart GriffinMrBLGDined on 9/13/2014We had a wonderful anniversary dinner. Family and friends had highly recommended it. We had purchased gift cards for a friends birthday. Our table was ready right on time. We were never rushed, starting with a martini and appetizer. Our server was very good. She willing gave us her opinion and she was spot on each and every time. From the appetizer to the main meal. We topped it off with a great desert. Fantastic experience!!Special Features:
- Always GreatSloMoJoDined on 9/13/2014We've been there many times and it is always outstanding. Every few months when we go the menu always seems to be new with most entrees and starters we haven't seen. The wait staff is awesome and always excellent. We've never had a bad waiter or waitress because they all seem to really love what they do and are proud to work at such a great place. We'll continue to go back as well as go to their sister restaurant across the street Little Barrel and Brown which is also excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasurable experienceBergeDined on 9/11/2014Great experience. The atmosphere was warm and private, and our waiter was responsive and helpful. He even took the time to explain each dish on the menu to us. The main course was top notch. I got the Pansotti di Fungo, a mushroom stuffed pansotti. If you like mushrooms, this is the dish for you! The Pollo con Pesto was also great. The chicken was incredibly tender. Probably some of the best chicken I've had in Austin. My only complaint is with the bread served before the meal. It was a bit stale and drenched in oil. Other than that, 5/5. Also check out Winflo Osteria. Comparible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My kind of placeFromRivieraDined on 9/9/2014My husband and I ate inside in a booth as it was still a bit warm for the outdoors. I enjoyed the quiet, intimate atmosphere inside...great for talking and relaxing. Our waiter was wonderful, offering tastes of wine before ordering and giving dinner suggestions. I loved the lasagna with Italian sausage and my husband said his lamb was good (a compliment from him). All considered, this little restaurant on So Congress exceeded our expectations. I hope to return on our next trip toAustin.Special Features:
- Great happy hour from 5-7!Kristin912Dined on 9/9/2014Servers were very warm and welcoming, food was terrific! Great outdoor area in the back that's shaded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodrestauranthoppperDined on 9/7/2014The place is small and casual right on Congress. The food is fantastic and the waiter we had was great. Will definitely go back to try other dishes. We did go on a Sunday night and the restaurant was about half full, may explain the great service. Definitely recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Italian RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/4/2014The atmosphere was great for a romantic dinner. Our waiter was friendly and knowledgeable. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Austin Dining at its BestkidADined on 9/4/2014The food is always good and has one of the most comfortable atmospheres for an upper scale restaurant. Inside is intimate and not to noisy. Outside dining in the back is wonderful under the old oak trees. The small stage in the back always has a good band. The music is a nice touch to incorporate the heart of what Austin is all about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodHudjulVIPDined on 9/3/2014We always enjoy the food/presentation. We love the small/intimate space. Wonderful experienceSpecial Features:
- newtosocoDined on 8/28/2014beautiful girl that i was with made the food and ambience perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum, good grubremac3131Dined on 8/25/2014Had not been before, but friends had constantly pushed us to go. Glad we did. A true gem on Congress. Clean, dark, quiet, had everything we were looking for to celebrate my wife's birthday. Good job! We'll be back...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/19/2014Great food, ambience and service! We went to Botticelli's to celebrate my daughter's graduation from UT and it was a very special dinner! The duck was especially superb! I highly recommend this restaurant and look forward to my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular foodNVfoodieDined on 8/17/2014Botticelli's is a wonderful restaraunt! The food was outstanding. Every dish ordered (7) was expertly prepared and tasted better than wonderful. The lamb chops and the wild boar entrees are two of the best dishes I have ever eaten. Aaron, our server was excellent! He is very professional and very good at what he does. I wish he could be my server at every restaurant I are at. Overall, Botticelli's is a great restaurant. The food is great. The ambiance is great. The staff is great. I will definitely be ba soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Botticelli's Delivers!DesmojedDined on 8/16/2014Some friends and I were looking for a new place to try and saw Botticelli's featured on Esquire's show "Best Bars in America". So, we drove from San Antonio and man, was it worth it. A great start to a fantastic night. First, props to Chelsea who took excellent care of us noobs. We sampled several awesome cocktails (eg "Blues on the Rooftop") as well as the tequila-grapefruit shooters. The Botticelli Bread is legendary and the 4 of us decided on an ocean tour of mussels, fire shrimp and scallops. It is some of the best food/drink we've had in a long while. We've already decided we'd drive the hour to get here just for Botticellis! The ambiance is great - small, intimate family restaurant feel with a beer garden out back and live music.Special Features:
- Best Italian Food I've had in TexasRiverAgDined on 8/14/2014Haven't had this good of Italian food since a little gem we ate at in Boston years ago. It was fantastic. Huge portions for the $! Great service. Perfect beer garden in the back with live music. Wife had the butternut squash ravioli and I had the pasta dish (Tagliatelle con Polpette). Phenomenal! We'll be craving this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit of Italy in Austin...EastcoastsnobDined on 8/8/2014As a bit of a food snob who grew up in Jersey, visiting NYC constantly. I have also lived in Boston, L.A, and dined in San Francisco and Chicago numerous times. This is amongst the best Italian restaurants I've ever been to! Save room for the suffed bread appetizer. Outstanding!Special Features:
- Excellent Place with Amazing Food!FuntimesDined on 8/1/2014Loved our experience. Will go the there again when we are back in Austin. The Manager was so nice and gave us a free cheese tray and offered dessert because we had to move our table over a few inches to accommodate a larger group. Excellent food!!!! Go if you have the chance :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingLeonardoDined on 7/26/2014We had to wait 20 minutes for a table when we had already made reservations through Open Table. There was no room at the bar for all of us to sit and the noise level was very high. When we were finally seated we had to wait about an hour for our main course to arrive. During that time, we could not really visit without shouting because of the background noise. The food was good though and the staff were pleasant and friendly.
- Fabulous everytime!FoodieforlifeDined on 7/25/2014My favorite restaurant on South Congress, I Love it so much it is always my go to spot. Excellent all the way around!! Keep it up, don't change anything about it. :)Small, intimate setting. Great deck out back for live music. Excellent Northern Italian cuisine in the heart of South Austin what else could you want. The fact that it keeps the true small restaurant style as if you are really dining in Italy is quite special to me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner ExperiencejonsdadDined on 7/23/2014I'm glad I made the reservations here for dinner for me and my girlfriend. It had everything I wanted from an Italian restaurant. The feel, ambiance, music - all was perfect. And dinner was delicious. I will be recommending this gem to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Food in AustinFrequentDinerDined on 7/22/2014I've been to this restaurant twice now and it's by far the best Italian restaurant in Austin. The pasta is homemade and every dish from the salads to the entrees is very flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieforsureDined on 7/20/2014Great vibe. Small, excellent service, fantastic food!!!Special Features:
- Wonderful European style restauraHudjulVIPDined on 7/11/2014Service was delightful,knowledgable and helpful, all three courses were delicious-both visually and tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!TeamclarkDined on 7/9/2014Boticelli's is one of our favorites for a nice dinner out with a few friends. They always have great specials and lasagnas. Great atmosphere for visiting.Special Features:
- UnbelievableToddDined on 7/7/2014This is our new favorite place! Food is the best anywhere I've had in Austin. Butternut squash pasta is RIDICULOUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!BrowniePointsDined on 7/5/2014For our anniversary, my girlfriend simply wanted Italian food. Botticelli's was recommended to me by a friend so I made a reservation. It was a wonderful experience from start to finish! The hostess accommodated our outdoor seating request (despite the dinner rush) and our server was amazing. Awesome food, wonderful light outdoor music, great cocktails. It made for a perfect anniversary evening. Thank you Botticelli's! We'll be coming back!Special Features:
- Excellent!TxRomanticDined on 6/28/2014Very creative and delicious menu choices, and great service. It's a small place, so make a reservation. A new Austin gem!Special Features: