1321 South Congress Ave
Austin, TX 78704Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://botticellissouthcongress.com/
- Phone: 5129161315
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm -10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm -11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: For catering contact Andrew Botticelli at the restaurant.
- Private Party Facilities: Contact us for catering and private dining information.
- Private Party Contact: Andrew Botticelli 5129161315
A word from Botticelli's
Botticelli’s South Congress is a fun and tasty Italian restaurant located in the heart of the exciting "SOCO" district. Botticelli's serves fresh and delicious Italian food combining old family recipes with new, inventive ones. Andrew and Matt Botticelli are the proud owners and are made even more proud by the food that Botticelli's delivers through its amazing staff. There are both an intimate dining room up front and a large beautiful beer garden out back, where there is live music Thursday through Saturday night. Full menu is available inside or out and at either bar. Look forward to seeing you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Botticelli's - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Botticelli's reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (68)romantic (66)neighborhood gem (56)fit for foodies (53)great for outdoor dining (46)notable wine list (34)good for groups (18)hot spot (15)late-night find (12)vibrant bar scene (11)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- newtosocoDined on 8/28/2014beautiful girl that i was with made the food and ambience perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum, good grubremac3131Dined on 8/25/2014Had not been before, but friends had constantly pushed us to go. Glad we did. A true gem on Congress. Clean, dark, quiet, had everything we were looking for to celebrate my wife's birthday. Good job! We'll be back...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/19/2014Great food, ambience and service! We went to Botticelli's to celebrate my daughter's graduation from UT and it was a very special dinner! The duck was especially superb! I highly recommend this restaurant and look forward to my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular foodNVfoodieDined on 8/17/2014Botticelli's is a wonderful restaraunt! The food was outstanding. Every dish ordered (7) was expertly prepared and tasted better than wonderful. The lamb chops and the wild boar entrees are two of the best dishes I have ever eaten. Aaron, our server was excellent! He is very professional and very good at what he does. I wish he could be my server at every restaurant I are at. Overall, Botticelli's is a great restaurant. The food is great. The ambiance is great. The staff is great. I will definitely be ba soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Botticelli's Delivers!DesmojedDined on 8/16/2014Some friends and I were looking for a new place to try and saw Botticelli's featured on Esquire's show "Best Bars in America". So, we drove from San Antonio and man, was it worth it. A great start to a fantastic night. First, props to Chelsea who took excellent care of us noobs. We sampled several awesome cocktails (eg "Blues on the Rooftop") as well as the tequila-grapefruit shooters. The Botticelli Bread is legendary and the 4 of us decided on an ocean tour of mussels, fire shrimp and scallops. It is some of the best food/drink we've had in a long while. We've already decided we'd drive the hour to get here just for Botticellis! The ambiance is great - small, intimate family restaurant feel with a beer garden out back and live music.Special Features:
- Best Italian Food I've had in TexasRiverAgDined on 8/14/2014Haven't had this good of Italian food since a little gem we ate at in Boston years ago. It was fantastic. Huge portions for the $! Great service. Perfect beer garden in the back with live music. Wife had the butternut squash ravioli and I had the pasta dish (Tagliatelle con Polpette). Phenomenal! We'll be craving this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit of Italy in Austin...EastcoastsnobDined on 8/8/2014As a bit of a food snob who grew up in Jersey, visiting NYC constantly. I have also lived in Boston, L.A, and dined in San Francisco and Chicago numerous times. This is amongst the best Italian restaurants I've ever been to! Save room for the suffed bread appetizer. Outstanding!Special Features:
- Excellent Place with Amazing Food!FuntimesDined on 8/1/2014Loved our experience. Will go the there again when we are back in Austin. The Manager was so nice and gave us a free cheese tray and offered dessert because we had to move our table over a few inches to accommodate a larger group. Excellent food!!!! Go if you have the chance :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingLeonardoDined on 7/26/2014We had to wait 20 minutes for a table when we had already made reservations through Open Table. There was no room at the bar for all of us to sit and the noise level was very high. When we were finally seated we had to wait about an hour for our main course to arrive. During that time, we could not really visit without shouting because of the background noise. The food was good though and the staff were pleasant and friendly.
- Fabulous everytime!FoodieforlifeDined on 7/25/2014My favorite restaurant on South Congress, I Love it so much it is always my go to spot. Excellent all the way around!! Keep it up, don't change anything about it. :)Small, intimate setting. Great deck out back for live music. Excellent Northern Italian cuisine in the heart of South Austin what else could you want. The fact that it keeps the true small restaurant style as if you are really dining in Italy is quite special to me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner ExperiencejonsdadDined on 7/23/2014I'm glad I made the reservations here for dinner for me and my girlfriend. It had everything I wanted from an Italian restaurant. The feel, ambiance, music - all was perfect. And dinner was delicious. I will be recommending this gem to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Food in AustinFrequentDinerDined on 7/22/2014I've been to this restaurant twice now and it's by far the best Italian restaurant in Austin. The pasta is homemade and every dish from the salads to the entrees is very flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieforsureDined on 7/20/2014Great vibe. Small, excellent service, fantastic food!!!Special Features:
- Wonderful European style restauraHudjulVIPDined on 7/11/2014Service was delightful,knowledgable and helpful, all three courses were delicious-both visually and tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!TeamclarkDined on 7/9/2014Boticelli's is one of our favorites for a nice dinner out with a few friends. They always have great specials and lasagnas. Great atmosphere for visiting.Special Features:
- UnbelievableToddDined on 7/7/2014This is our new favorite place! Food is the best anywhere I've had in Austin. Butternut squash pasta is RIDICULOUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!BrowniePointsDined on 7/5/2014For our anniversary, my girlfriend simply wanted Italian food. Botticelli's was recommended to me by a friend so I made a reservation. It was a wonderful experience from start to finish! The hostess accommodated our outdoor seating request (despite the dinner rush) and our server was amazing. Awesome food, wonderful light outdoor music, great cocktails. It made for a perfect anniversary evening. Thank you Botticelli's! We'll be coming back!Special Features:
- Excellent!TxRomanticDined on 6/28/2014Very creative and delicious menu choices, and great service. It's a small place, so make a reservation. A new Austin gem!Special Features:
- Nice birthday dinnerluvgoodfishDined on 6/28/2014Wonderful food! We had the botticelli bread, mixed greens salad, and the mushroom stuffed ravioli. Everything was fantastic! The flour less chocolate cake was a great finishing touch. Noise level was a little higher than I expected for a "romantic" restaurant, and the tables are quite close together, but altogether it was a good place for a birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu itemsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014interesting twist on dishes. The food was very tasty and the service was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great date night spot!LDinAustinDined on 6/20/2014We went here for an anniversary dinner. The setting is very intimate. We sat in a booth, and it felt very private. The noise level that night was high, but not in a bad way. People were bustling around, coming in and out from the back patio area. The food was excellent and we were stuffed by the end. We had the Botticelli bread, which was amazing and very filling. I had the duck ravioli - I would highly recommend - and my boyfriend had the daily lasagna. For dessert, they gave us a choice of any dessert for free, and we had the panna cotta - divine! It was like a cross between a marshmallow and vanilla ice cream. Overall, a great experience.Special Features:
- AllstareaterDined on 6/19/2014I have been to this restaurant several times and keep coming back for date nights. It's one of my favorites in Austin because it's right in the middle of South Congress but it's a wonderfully classy little nook. I've loved everything that I have had on their menu, but their duck is my absolute favorite. I'm sure I'll be back again in a few weeks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lepetitpommefritteDined on 6/15/2014Food and service were great. Portions are large. You could consider several appetizers and splitting an entre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Botticelli's DinnerTrexdancerDined on 6/15/2014We had reservations for Father's Day dinner. We ordered 4 different entrees which were all good, but the lamb chops were the exceptional! We made reservations early in the evening (5pm) to avoid big crowds/noise & it was perfect! The place is pretty small with a small outdoor patio/seating. We sat in a booth inside that was cozy and intimate. Overall, the meal, service and atmosphere was great. My husband & I and our 2 teenage boys enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service makes or breaksJo308VIPDined on 6/14/2014Been here a few times and love the garden and music in the evenings. Food is pretty classic Italian, and often very good. This visit we had a waiter who didn't smile, and while relatively efficient he was clearly not as engaged as others serving nearby tables. He made an error on the bill, and we found out it was his 2nd day when a manager came to apologize and sort it out (she was lovely). Everyone has to start somewhere however communication is critical ....and try smiling!Special Features:
- Romantic AtmosphereMsSassyDined on 6/13/2014A cool Austin dining experience! Lovely staff and AMAZING food. I enjoyed the lightly baked Salmon with Rozu and a wonderful ceaser salad paired with Proseco and ending with a delightful Tirramisu desert. I would recommend this place to any newbies to Austin or like myself..a homegrown austinite! loved it!Special Features:
- Favorite Italian place in AustinOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/12/2014This is a place I love to go and took my parents who were in from out of town. They absolutely loved it. Much better food and atmosphere than vespaio in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/12/2014Good fine as well as wine, will definitely come backSpecial Features:
- The Best Italian We've Had in YearsRaywood2004Dined on 6/6/2014The service, food, and overall atmosphere was outstanding! Great live music outside. Very reasonably priced. Prompt service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningatxdinerDined on 6/6/2014We had a lovely time. Our server helped navigate us through the Italian wine list and find us the perfect glass to go with our meal.
- Small, good food, good value, quietTxTravelerDined on 6/3/2014The service was knowledgeable and attentive but not intrusive, the restaurant is small and busy but, unlike many in the SoCo area, quiet enough for conversation without shouting. I had a meatballs-and-pasta dish; my dinner companions had one of the day's specials, a lasagna dish. The three of us shared a loaf of "Botticelli's original" bread -- it's stuffed with cheese, peppers, etc., -- as an appetizer, and a bottle of Chianti. Everyone praised the food, which seemed inspired by family recipes, and portions were generous. Prices were fair -- the entrees we chose were about $20 each; some daily specials can be more. Wines started in the low $30s. Note: Only street parking is available in this bustling area of shops and restaurants.Special Features:
- YUM!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/2/2014One of my favorite restaurants in town! The service is great and everything on the menu is always delicious.Special Features:
- ChefsusieDined on 5/31/2014We had a wonderful birthday celebration!! Food was fantastic, service was great and bloody mary's are the best of any where in Austin.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationBonappetitDined on 5/30/2014This is our go-to place for special occasions. Always great and very romantic. Special kudos to the bartender, Brett.Special Features:
- AustindishDined on 5/29/2014The food was good, however it was not as good as when I first visited the restaurant when it opened. Did it change owners? I will return to eat outside. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2014Stopped in here after an early show at Continental Club next door. Great seared duck entree & our server was exceptionally helpful and knowledgeable. Noise level off those concrete floors is pretty harsh, making even talk across the table difficult.Special Features:
- Botticellis in MaykjdelDined on 5/23/2014We chose Botticellis for a birthday celebration and had a group with one 3 year old in it. They handled the split timing (kids eat first) and the fact that one of our party was late. They let us shift tables and were very flexible. Their daily fish special was excellent.Special Features:
- Delicious Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/21/2014A great place to enjoy a special occasion or just a night on the town. Conveniently located on South Congress. Helpful waiter. . . Logan helped us choosing a wine to pair with our meal. I had the sea bass, which was exceptional. The Caprese Salad was also very good. Only complaint is that we were too full to enjoy a dessert. We will be back. We chose to go because of Restaurant Week. On the curb appeal, it's not always easy to get a parking place because of backing into a spot, especially for the parking-challenged drivers!Special Features:
- excellent service and great food!GerryDined on 5/20/2014The outdoor garden dining area is terrific. Nice casual setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Botticelli's is a great ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2014Botticelli's is the perfect ambiance for dining with a special person, special occasions, and a great place to dine with clients. Between traditional hot spots such as the Continental Club and across the street from authentic South Austin meeting place, Jo's, guests feel they're a part of the 'hood. As neighbors in the hottest zip code in Austin, 78704, Botticelli's is where we bring our friends to expierience South Austin.Special Features: