523 Main St
Rapid City, SD 57701Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.botticelliristorante.net/
- Phone: 6053480089
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Saturday: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Aleaha Ghere
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our back dining room can be reserved for large groups, and our smaller semi-private room, dubbed the "Love Room", can seat up to twelve for a more intimate dining experience.
- Private Party Contact: Drew Manzer 6053480089
A word from Botticelli Ristorante
Since opening it's doors in November of 1997, Botticelli Ristorante Italiano has proudly served Rapid City, South Dakota. Surrounded by the Historic Black Hills, the Badlands, home to Mount Rushmore and the annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, the area is host to over three million tourists a year. Our menu is inspired by the traditional classic flavors of Sicily and the subtle complexity of Tuscany. We serve fresh seafood daily, including our Signature Cioppino. Our commitment to our customers is to provide them an extraordinary dining experience. We are grateful for our client patronage and look forward to serving you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Botticelli Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
- Good date restaurantMikeyDined on 2/14/2014I took my girlfriend here for Valentine's Day. We had to wait about 25 minutes (even though we had reservations) but there was space at the bar to sit and have a glass of wine while we waited. The food was excellent and the portions were generous. Dessert was very nice also - one of the only places in Rapid City where you can have a canolli.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as you're going to getdaveDined on 1/25/2014MY wife and I had a date night here on a Saturday night. We were very pleased with Botticelli's. The wine list had a good selection of wine from the US and Italy, and I liked how they were broken down by region. Having not been to Italy I won't comment on the food's authenticity, but it was very good. I had a spicy chicken sauce dish and it was perfect. A nice spice presence without being eye - watering ( I like habanero for your own judgement). We had a great waiter so I hope you get him. The restaurant is dim and they have a sign requesting that you leave your cell phones put away (which we violated just enough to make sure nothing was happening back at the ranch, and no one said anything). All-in-all a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedRuffattoDined on 1/25/2014I have found that I can always expect excellent food, wine, service at Botticelli's. Will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- Wonderful Italian foodTraceyDined on 11/4/2013We've eaten here several times. The food is always great and it's a beautiful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Botticelli a Very Pleasant SurpriseGregDined on 10/14/2013My wife and I were visiting friends in Rapid City, while celebrating our anniversary. We went to Botticelli and the food was fantastic. My cioppino was loaded with seafood in a light broth, while my wife's pollo sorrentino was spicy and the chicken moist. The staff was very friendly and service prompt. You have to use an alternative website to view the menu as their website seems to be down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Meal on a Cold NightEpicureanLadyDined on 10/7/2013I greatly enjoyed the bruschetta and entree. Wine was excellent. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great food when it finally arrives26pt2runnerVIPDined on 8/30/2013Two of us dined. One of us really liked their meal, the other thought it was just OK. It took nearly 90 minutes for our entrees to show up however. Waaay too long, so we won't be back. Sorry.Special Features:
- The basics are there but unrefinedCrustyCurmudgeonVIPDined on 8/21/2013Botticelli stands out in South Dakota because it's different - & it's not bad. The menu & setting are an oasis in a land of cheap chains. The ingredients are fresh & good, the wine list fine and fairly priced, the service friendly & helpful (although firmly in the "Are you done with that yet?" school). The bruschetta was OK, my caprese was bland (basil wasn't fresh), my wife's fish was OK & my vegetable lasagna was fair. Thankfully they had great cannoli & drinkable espresso. In SD, it's special - but most neighborhood Italian places in NY, Philly, Chicago, SF etc leave it far behind. The owner, chef & staff clearly intend to be great. They need a trip to South Philly to understand what they could be with a little work & home grown basil.
- A real let downTeddy1977Dined on 7/27/2013This Italian resturant was very disappointing. When first walking my thoughts were outdated, dark, dingy and cluttered. Our waiter was somewhat attentive, to get our good took a good 1.5 hours. The bread basket was not appealing at all. The bread was chewy and no taste(stale) the food itself was so unappealing we did not eat it. In my opinion this resturant was overpriced and very lucky it is on Main Street or otherwise it would be out if business!Special Features:
- Real ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2013We came by recommendation of our Hotel and Tripadvisor. Thanks to Opentable we had a Reservation - which we highly recommend. We had Caprese/Bruscetta as Starters - both delicious. Veal piccato came as entree for both of us - was good. To the end we shared a Tiramisu - just the way it should be. With the meal we had a San Pelligrino and a fine wine from the longer wine list with both US and Italian wines. Service was okay - especially as it was a busy Saturday night - but could be improved. We had a great diner in a real Italian restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Eveningmusicman1Dined on 6/8/2013We were traveling from Kansas City and fell into Boticelli. It was awesome! Food was creative and delicious with a diverse wine list. The mussel appetizer was especially amazing and the mussels were HUGE... could have been a meal by itself Our server was outstanding: very attentive without being cloying. We give it a high mark all the way around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who Woulda Thought?BuntzVIPDined on 6/5/2013Who expected to find good Italian food in Rapid City, SD? Certainly not "big eastern seaboard city" me, but I did. We were part of a coach tour that over-nighted there and 4 of us ate very well at Botticelli. So much for any stereotypes I might have had. Good food and good service; the only thing lacking was wine, but I suppose you can't have everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, right size portionsCookinCheriDined on 5/16/2013First time dining and very impressed! The food was excellent and the service was great! The interior of the building needs remodeling & decor could use an update but the atmosphere was quiet & we enjoyed our evening very much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server was nice but the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/11/2013Server was nice but the food was bland. Fresh, but bland.
- The food was pretty good.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013The food was pretty good. I wasn't a fan of how they added balsamic to everything. I think it took away from the flavor of my food and they should ask if you want it on. The service was pretty bad. All our server did was take our order. She didn't even bring our food out or fill our water. She didn't ask how we were doing or anything. We were her only table when we got there and she didn't get another till we left so there was no excuse for that. I actually witnessed her digging in her purse to grab a cigarette and lighter and walking out to smoke. I have no problem with someone taking a smoke break if they actually check on their table first. But she never did.Special Features:
- We love this Italian restaurant!LoveFiletsDined on 1/22/2013We love this Italian restaurant! It's consistently good at the right price!Special Features: