1331 second ave
New York, NY 10021Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bottegany.com/
- Phone: 2122885282
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm
Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 1!:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Carlos Contte
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Bottega
There is a neighborhood feel to this friendly Upper East Side Restaurant. Old fashion cuisine, exceptional wine list and warm attentive service. Bottega Restaurant serves fresh, flavorful upscale Italian dishes prepared from the finest ingredients. If you have a special occasion to celebrate, or a business meeting, our menu offers more to choose from. We look forward to sharing our passion for good food and warm service and welcome you as our guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bottega reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (28)great for outdoor dining (18)fit for foodies (9)good for groups (9)special occasion (7)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (5)romantic (5)notable wine list (5)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Fantastic italian in the area!ZviDonatVIPDined on 10/22/2014Very italian food, fantastic service, wine prices are normal ... Very good resturante!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice FindHate2cookVIPDined on 10/13/2014Been passing this restaurant for sometime and decided to give it a try. From the moment we walked in til we left, service was friendly and welcoming, food was very good and portions quite ample. My only complaint was that the special fish was $12 more than any of the other fish items on the menu. Many restaurants do this, but I really think it should be pointed out. Prices in general are in line with other comparable restaurants, until you get to the specials. I had the salmon, which was a regularly offered dish and it was excellent. My friend had the special halibut, which was equally as good, but not worth a third more. I would, however, definitely recommend and I will go back.Special Features:
- Comfortable, pleasant serviceFlacoDined on 10/11/2014Great place to meet friends, come together with family for a moderately priced meal. Several big round tables will seat large groups make a change from the cramped space at most NYC restaurants. Service is friendly and attentive. The food is dependable. Solid wine list with a bias towards Italian reds. Reasonable parking in the next block up on 2nd Ave.Special Features:
- Nice place for dinnerFirsttryDined on 9/24/2014We had a very pleasant dinner, the evening was quiet, which allowed us to hear what we said! Food and service were good.Special Features:
- Authentic ItalianFoodieNJDined on 9/24/2014Not a veal parm joint, this Italian eatery is more refined, classic Italian. We had nice salads and fish dishes. The service was attentive. Outdoor sidewalk seating is available. A nice local spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service/Great Food!JerryinokcDined on 9/20/2014We found this restaurant to be a great find! The service was outstanding...attentive, yet not intrusive. Our waiter had a great sense of humor! The food was equally outstanding. The portions large but had that home-cooked feel. Honestly, especially in NYC, the value received was incredible. I mostly agree with the other reviewers on sitting outside during "rush hour", but we sat outside and found it not overly noisy. Very family oriented place that is warm and welcome!Special Features:
- Local GemLuv2eatVIPDined on 9/13/2014Have had many many enjoyable meals here. The wait staff is very friendly and efficient. The food always good with creative specials. The Veal Milanese is particularly outstanding as are their fish dishes. Sitting outside is a bit noisy as is most 2nd Avenue locations these days. Overall, I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, friendlySunscreen101Dined on 9/6/2014We liked our entrees very much, which were well-prepared and generously sized. Service was a bit slow but staff was pleasant and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- small thingsquickieDined on 8/30/2014the menu is varied, with good fish choices. the small things--linen napkins, tasty dipping oil, cookies at the end--make a difference. And make Bottega worth returning to.Special Features:
- ExcellentMargieGDined on 8/21/2014Italian food at its best. Waiters knowledgeable friendly and not over attentive but right there when you need. Will definitely return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good FOOD, many choicesnewyorker10021VIPDined on 8/18/2014Italian restaurant with ample menu items of fish, poultry, beef pasta. Everfything good. it's a great choice in this neighborhood if live there, but also the best choice after visiting a patient at Memorial Sloan Kettering, or New York Hospital. Sotheby's is also close by , so after you have bid for, and bought a treasure there, walk over to Bottega to celebrate.Special Features:
- Good Food and friendly serviceEvelynDined on 8/11/2014I find the food to be good and consistent. It is a comfortable restaurant.Special Features:
- DependableKriegsVIPDined on 8/9/2014After dining in this restaurant many times since its opening I have yet to experience food or service which has been less than satisfactory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 strikes and I'm outdsgnchickVIPDined on 7/9/2014We used to eat at bottega once or twice a month when it opened. Our last couple of meals were disappointing, so we hadn't dined there since the winter. As we like to support our local places, we decided to give it another try. Clearly a mistake. My special squid ink pasta was bland and soggy, and with flavorless fish.It's as if they don't season the food at all. The swordfish was ok, and the avocado salad was nicely dressed. Shocked that my salad fork was returned to the table for reuse ( I had left it on my plate).
- The following 155 reviews are from the Bottega reviews archive.
- Ecellent RestaurentlobsterDined on 6/21/2014We went with friends, and we all enjoyed the food, and the surroundings. We can't wait to go back. The veal linguini and clam sauce was excellent, and the veal with salad was outstanding. the wine list was reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- convenient and deliciousNYCatDined on 6/20/2014Great Italian food. Attentive waiters. Lovely wine list. However, got an outside table for our group and the noise level from the street was high. Restaurant is located next to a busy local bus stop on Second Ave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bottega in NYCJannie99Dined on 6/19/2014Bottega was a lovely place to eat dinner. Both the service and the food were great.Prices were fairly reasonable for New York City. One friend had the filet of sole and loved it. Another had 1/2 of a huge serving of pasta primavera and took enough home for dinner the next night. I had the gnocchi which was incredible, so very soft with a delicious sauce! We chose to eat inside as it's very noisy at the outside tables. We shared a serving of chocolate gelato which is one of best I have ever eaten.Special Features:
- Absolutely Phenomenal!JessicaandthecityDined on 5/28/2014My experience with this marvelous restaurant started after a recommendation from my best friend. I was looking for an intimate, elegant, and receptive accommodation to take my most family members after my graduate school graduation. I could never have imagined that my dining experience would have all of said qualities and more. I could not have been more impressed with our waiter, Juan. His delightful personality, professionalism and pitch perfect wine selections made our night feel truly special. My evening was capped off with a visit to our table by the manager, Antoni, who not only took the time to engage us in conversation, he remained attentive throughout the evening. Bottega has now become my absolute favorite NYC restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Restaurantalfresco44Dined on 5/27/2014We were celebrating 4 birthdays and this was the perfect place. It's a charming restaurant with delicious food and excellent service. I've been here a few times and is consistently good. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great neighborhood spotBeachcomberVIPDined on 5/12/2014Wonderful neighborhood eatery. Quality of the food and service were excellent. The outdoor seating is very pleasant.Special Features:
- very good and reasonably pricedchasVIPDined on 5/7/2014Early mid week dinner for my first visit. Wonderful food great service very reasonably priced. Will be backSpecial Features:
- A wonderful neighborhood ItalianUESfoodieVIPDined on 5/1/2014Four of us celebrated a lovely birthday dinner at Bottega on a recent weeknight. The staff was pleasant, attentive and professional. The maître-D was charming and the room was spacious and well-designed. Each of us enjoyed our meal immensely. The pasta, fish and meat choices were superb. We will definitely return and bring more friends and family with us.Special Features:
- Great local ItalianlornieVIPDined on 4/25/2014Reliable neighborhood food. Pasta was perfectly cooked . Moderate prices make this a regular go to place with good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/24/2014As usual ----everything was delicious and service very professional!!Special Features:
- I had the experience in diningLilyDined on 4/8/2014I had the experience in dining at Bottega last night and was very satisfied with everything. We sat near the bar on the right side and the decor of the restaurant is appealing to the eye. We enjoyed our dinner very much. The taste and presentation was delightful. I also was very pleased with the managers kindness. He was very polite and courteous which made our evening quite enjoyable. I actually dined here two years ago and was not happy with the manager. Needless to say, I took a chance in coming back because I enjoyed the food and was happy to see a new face. We will definitely be coming back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We've been to Bottega severalsilverfoxDined on 4/5/2014We've been to Bottega several times - and this was probably our last. The waiters wanted to take our drink order before we even sat down. We were rushed through a very mediocre dinner. Our bill was thrown on the table in a leather case, and picked up by another waiter running by - before we had a chance to look at it or put down our credit card. They try to rush you through dinner so they can turn the table over. Not a nice evening out.
- Early Saturday nite with grandkidsstevieDined on 4/5/2014We were visiting from Boston. We were seated immediately. Service was terrific. Grandkids well take care of by staff. I had swordfish and it was excellent. My wife had baby clams and linguini. There was barely any clam meat in the shells and many were empty. Given the price it was a mixed bag---at least use clams with meat in them.Special Features:
- We love Bottega - have beensilverfoxDined on 3/22/2014We love Bottega - have been there several times - highly recommend itSpecial Features:
- potentially greatPelizaDined on 3/22/2014it looks good, staff is good. But the food is not. Too bad
- A local's perspectiveColleenVIPDined on 2/15/2014Bottega is a solid addition to the upper east side restaurant scene. I've gone a few times now, and have never been disappointed. The decor is great. The walls are filled with wine bottles. It's casual enough that you could wear jeans, but if you felt like wearing a jacket you'd fit in fine that way too. The food is upscale Italian, very well made, but also affordable. I've always had great service. This is a restaurant I will return to again and again.Special Features:
- Service and food were excellent.AnnDDined on 2/8/2014Service and food were excellent. Lovely atmosphere and reasonable prices. Restaurant had a lot of ambience. Would definitely recommend to friends and look forward to returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is never a fail!rossamaVIPDined on 2/7/2014Such great food! Amazing staff! Really love this neighborhood gem. Food is always fresh and I love their daily specials. Proces are fairly reasonable as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food....fantastic serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/5/2014So nice to have an excellent Italian restaurant, beautifully designed and well priced, in the neighborhood. They did an especially fine job this week when we, a party of ten, celebrated a friend's birthday It is a gem amidst the chaos of Second Avenue that will shine even brighter once the construction is finished.Special Features:
- Friendly bar atmosphere and lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2014This is the second time we have eaten dinner here (we've been in several times for a glass of wine at the bar), and we will definitely be back. Staff is very accommodating, and the food is delicious. This evening's special was lamb osso buco, and it was falling-off-the-bone tender.Special Features:
- Consistency and AmbienceSharihVIPDined on 1/19/2014Always a great meal. Exceptional customer service. They do it right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceCommishVIPDined on 1/14/2014This week my group experienced delicious food and excellent service for our large dinner party. Always accommodating - whether at the bar or in the dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just What We WantedSJCRDined on 1/11/2014We were celebrating a birthday but didn't want anything too formal. Bottega was perfect. The ravioli special was particularly delicious as was the zucchini soup. The wait staff was attentive without pretensions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- for good food and conversationfussyfemaleVIPDined on 1/8/2014This restaurant deserves to survive the construction along 2nd Avenue. It is a gracious place, with table placed far apart and the food and service are excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful dinner...Marq04VIPDined on 12/30/2013We enjoyed almost everything about this place. Food and service were excellent. The only thing that is a bit strange is that their wines are stored standing up in shelves in the dining room. This means that the red wines are served at room temperature (72+) versus cellar temperature (55+). While it makes the restaurant look pretty, this seriously takes away from the enjoyment of the wine. But everything else was absolutely perfect! We will be back soon. We will just bring our own wine and pay the corkage fee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been here severaldsgnchickVIPDined on 12/28/2013We have been here several times before, unfortunately, this visit was extremely disappointing. My friend's salad was overdressed, and the food was bland to the point of tastelessness (a bolognese sauce is supposed to be pretty zesty ). I knew it was a bad meal when my carb-phobic friend started to eat the bread dipped in the (complimentary) sun dried tomato sauce - it was the only thing we enjoyed.