Bottega Napa Valley
6525 Washington Street Suite A9
Yountville, CA 94599Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Bottega Napa Valley
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.botteganapavalley.com/
- Phone: 7079451050x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:30am -2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm -
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Chiarello
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Kellie Magna at 707-754-4467 or email: email@example.com
A word from Bottega Napa Valley
Chef Michael Chiarello has returned to his culinary roots by creating seasonal farm-to-table Italian cuisine reflecting the bold flavors of Chiarello’s heritage in his signature style 1st made famous at Tra Vigne in the 90’s. An award winning chef/vintner & Food Network host, Chiarello celebrates his Italian roots and the Napa Valley with a menu echoing his long practice of using the finest locally/sustainably produced food. Located in Yountville, in the heart of the Napa Valley, Bottega’s extensive wine list represents hard-to-find favorites of the Valley and interesting Italian selections. Chiarello restored the integrity of an old 1800’s estate by uncovering beautiful hard wood floors, timber beams, old brick walls and windows. The inviting dining room is accented with reclaimed antiques, warm fabrics and eclectic light fixtures lending to the restaurant’s old world comfort.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bottega Napa Valley - Best Restaurants in Yountville ›
Bottega Napa Valley reviews from OpenTable diners
674 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (439)special occasion (397)great for outdoor dining (336)notable wine list (311)romantic (288)good for groups (181)great for lunch (172)hot spot (162)neighborhood gem (124)vibrant bar scene (92)scenic view (56)great for brunch (55)kid-friendly (32)late-night find (25)Show More
- Italian with a California TwistOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014We had an excellent meal at Bottega. The gnocchi reminded me of my Grandmother's and the short ribs were cooked to perfection. Bottega is simple food that is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a treat...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014We were in Napa for a family reunion, but had a night to ourselves before we left. We found Bottega and, as my title says, "What a treat." The food was superb, service fabulous, and just a wonderful evening. Hats off to Bottega!Special Features:
- Amazing as AlwaysdelicioVIPDined on 8/17/2014Bottega, once again, provided a superior experience. The food, service and ambiance are amazing. Bottega should be a "go-to" place for anyone living in the Bay Area.Special Features:
- Still Outstanding !JackMackVIPDined on 8/17/2014It has been 3-4 months since last visit to Bottega. Nothing has changed except heirloom tomatoes in caprese salad were more in season. Short rib cheeseburger still best burger anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gnocchi to die for2BudsVIPDined on 8/16/2014And I know gnocchi! The one restaurant I was hyped up about visiting on my first trip to Napa, did not disappoint in any regard.
- Out of this world!!!!HaitiDined on 8/16/2014We had a terrific dinner at Bottega. The service was phenomenal, the wine delicious and the food extraordinary!!!! Make sure you order the ravioli with the egg yolk topped with a burnt butter sage sauce! We will definitely be back. The only thing missing was that we did not get to see the chef.Special Features:
- Benne!freddyperryDined on 8/16/2014We have visited Bottega many times. It is always very special. I always try something new and I have never been disappointed. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- Not a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014We were expecting much more from this famous restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/14/2014The food was awesome and the service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Really, Really Fantastic!ChristinahzVIPDined on 8/13/2014Can't say enough about this! Our server was very ontop of things and suggested some favorites from the menu. We started with the heirloom tomatoes and Burrata which was excellent. The tomatoes were some of the best I've ever had, so fresh and a variety of tastes. He had their signature short rib dish which was excellent and I had the rack of lamb that I loved so much I wish I could eat it every week. We will definitely be back on our next trip to Napa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1230Dined on 8/13/2014Great experience. Excellent service, dinner was delicious. We really enjoyed the evening and will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Justified hype!gourmand153Dined on 8/13/2014Bottega is a rare restaurant that lives up to the hype. I was quite amazed. Great food, superb service, great food, excellent wine list, and did I mention the food was great? And for a decidedly high-end restaurant, the prices were in line with what one received. From the appetizer - polenta under glass? - how could I not order that; tasty and fun, but then I like to mix my own concoctions: the polenta (deliciously creamy and topped with mushrooms) is served in a small mason jar; You stir it up, spoon it on your plate, and garnish it yourself with bits of fried cheese and a rich sauce. YUM...through a perfect risotto and an exquisite grilled whole fish, to a sorbet finish the meal was superb. 5*, 2 thumbs up, whatever means GREAT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our tripMhsulliDined on 8/13/2014Wife, daughter and I enjoyed dinner there after visiting two wineries during day. Frutti de Mare for me, lasagna for wife, whole black bass (Branzino) for daughter. All excellent tho fish a touch too salty... Side dishes as well as dessert perfecto!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An incredible meal!JanetSDined on 8/13/2014The dinner we enjoyed at Bottega on 8/13 was without the doubt the best of our week-long vacation in California wine country. I would go so far as to say that it not only exceeded our expectations, but re-set them. The meal we had the previous night at a restaurant with a Michelin star paled in comparison. Everything at Bottega was amazingly good -- from our tasty appetizer plate of salumi and cheese to our magnificent main course, a pork shoulder loin with stone fruit. Dessert lived up to the rest of the meal. Put simply, Bottega is not to be missed. My husband and I look forward to returning several times during our next visit to the area.Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2014The food-- my God, the food! Everything we ate was amazing. We tried: Brussels sprout salad, arugula-stone fruit salad-- both delicious. Balanced, surprising flavors. The ricotta gnocchi were like fluffy pillows of ricotta. For dessert, the tiramisu was a layered made-to-order treat with the perfect amount of coffee flavor without overwhelming and the lady finger cookie layer was still crunchy. But the very best part of the meal was the pork dish with the stone fruit mostardo. OMG. The pork was crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, paired with the creamiest, smoothest potato puree I've ever felt on my tongue, paired with sweet caramelized stone fruits--enjoyed together it was the perfect bite, arguably the best thing I've ever eaten!Special Features:
- Bottega lives up to the hypeSeriousEaterDined on 8/13/2014We dined for early lunch in August. The food is outstandingly fresh and well prepared. There is nothing like a dining experience with experts in charge of the food and drink. As was our experience in most of the restaurants in the valley. This was an over the top experience!Special Features:
- Great Restaurant!LuvdinnersDined on 8/12/2014We had a really lovely evening dining here. Would definitely go back if we are in the area again.Special Features:
- Less could be moreOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/12/2014We tried this restaurant based on a friends recommendation. It is a beautiful place with very attentive staff. We were overwhelmed by the breadth of the menu and the breadth of the ingredients in each dish and the very, very long wine list. We eat at high end restaurants all over the world. Sometimes less is better. The appetizers were the best course. The meat and cheese tray and the brussel sprout salad were very tasty. The entrees were good too some of the flavors got lost in the complexity.
- Anniversary DinnerFogTownFoodie2Dined on 8/12/2014Party of 4. Great service. Food was all delicious, layered favors and textures. Corn fettuccine was not well liked by anyone but after telling server, took it off our tab. best dish, definitely the pork shoulder steak. Great value for what you get. Dinner for 4 with appetizers, wine and desserts was same price as Ad Hoc for 2.Special Features:
- AMAZING Risotto SpecialCristyVIPDined on 8/11/2014I can't praise the risotto special enough. Light, airy and fluffy bites of clouds. Not the usual cream-heavy dish I'm used to back home. Delicious!Special Features:
- Fabulous anniversary dinner!Marq04VIPDined on 8/10/2014What a memorable night on the porch at Bottega. We have been here many times and while we missed the performance of iconic-waiter Murph (who is off on Sundays and Mondays), we had a spectacular anniversary dinner. Everything was perfect, including the side vegetables and the red wine (2011 Frank Family Reserve Zinfandel)...which was served at the right (cellar) temperature (about 58 degrees). We plan to come back again as soon as we are able.Special Features:
- Very DisappointedMBinBostonDined on 8/10/2014Was really looking forward to Bottega but it was not a good experience. Hostess was not pleasant and barely made eye contact. Server was haughty and not at all helpful. Noise level was crazy loud (Sunday evening). My entree was farfalle pasta with Peeky Toe crab - completely tasteless and bland. I am Italian - have traveled to Italy and I know pasta - this was not up to par at all. My husband had rack of lamb - it was very tender and he liked it but we both agree that the overall attitude here is that you should feel lucky just to dine here. There are SO many fantastic restaurants in the area - skip it and move on!
- SeniorcyclistseniorcyclistDined on 8/10/2014First courses were lackluster and dissapointing. Calamary was ordinary and accompanied with an octopus ink aioly that had no discernable flavor. Asparagus course also was uninspired. The entres were excellent except that the polenta on one of them arrived tepid warm. We had duck confit and rack of lamb. Enjoyed an especially good Taylor Port and confection plate for desert. Our server was terrific. She was very attentive and timed everything carefully.Special Features:
- Good but there are othersnew2meDined on 8/10/2014I really liked the idea of eating at Michael Chiarello's restaurant. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and I picked this place. The fettuccine dish was good but liked a flavor punch. Too mild on the palate. However, the short ribs were a slam dunk. I guess with the advance notice of a celebration, the restaurant could have given a free prosecco drink to toast. Maybe I am becoming a food snob and I don't know it. Napa offers so many other great places, I think I will give them a try.
- Great MealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014What a wonderful way to end the day after touring the wineries of Napa. We had a 6:45 reservation and were seated promptly. Great food, wines and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/10/2014The food was excellent as was the service. We had an extremely obnoxious, loud, young couple next to us. The staff could have done something to get them under control or ask them to leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad tablepufferfishVIPDined on 8/10/2014I have been to Bottega numerous times. Per usual, the food was delicious and beautifully prepared and served. The service left much to be desired. We waited a long time to have our order taken and received little attention during the meal. However, the worst part of the experience was related to the table we were given. I had requested a quiet table, but was placed in a high traffic area with nearly everyone in the restaurant walking right behind my chair. I was bumped into by two of the wait staff. As well, the noise level was deafening.
- Not their best nightOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/10/2014One of our favorite spots, but disappointed for first time...food was slow coming out, and was under seasoned; never a problem in many visits. Table next to us was served food that was cold... Again, uncharacteristic for a very good restaurant...will be back, but will expect better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best pasta everkensfDined on 8/10/2014This was one of the best pasta dishes I have ever had. Served perfectly al dente-I had a robust pasta dish with clams and fennel sausage. Seating was outside as requested but quickly found us a table inside after a few flies were buzzing around our table. Can't blame them for that. One of the many times you can say "it was well worth the price" in the very cuisine competitive area of Yountville!Special Features:
- Authentic Southern Italian CuisineItalianFoodiesDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I have waited a while to finally get a chance to have dinner at this fabulous restaurant. We were not disappointed. From the moment we walked in, we right away sensed this evening dining experience would be second to none. Everyone that that we came into contact were extremely polite, cordial and welcoming. As we gazed on the menu, we recognized a number of starters and entrees that would be of interest to us. Our server Eric, was by far very knowledgeable and somewhat a storyteller. The extensive selection of wine was impressive. Once arrived the food did not disappoint! My wife and I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone that is looking to enjoy a great Italian dinner in a beautiful setting of the Napa Valley.Special Features:
- Good food but fast serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014My husband came here for an early dinner after a quick stop to pick up a wine club shipment. The restaurant was pretty slow given our early dinner reservations. The servers were over quickly to take drink orders and we had barely sit down. I appreciate the enthusiasm but I like to have a minute to review the cocktail and wine list prior to making my order. The food came out quickly as well. Everything tasted great just would have preferred a slower service. Felt we were being rushed out for the 7 o'clock reservations.Special Features:
- One of the great restaurants in CAOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/9/2014Bottega never fails. The food is excellent and is only outdone by the superb service of the staff. I don't think I have seen service levels that are better than Bottega. We were a group of 8 and everyone had really wonderful food. My short rib was a touch dry, but was still pretty good. It was my wife's birthday and they made her feel very special indeed. Thank you Bottega!Special Features:
- Highlight of our Napa stayJuliaDined on 8/9/2014Insane deliciousness. We had a simple salad (The Antoinette), the grilled octopus, lobster-corn risotto and sea urchin cavatelli. We lapped everything up. Tiramisu is a beloved dessert and something I've never liked. Here, it was delicious. Service was excellent and everyone was professional. They definitely strive not to be too friendly, which is okay. The inside is cool and understated. Outdoors is where the richer colors and that famous al fresco feeling is.Special Features:
- Great 20th AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014We very much enjoyed our experience at Bottega, Napa. The food was perfectly prepared and the service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Our meal was very nice. The atmosphere very comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasta dissappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/8/2014Have dined here may times, but never tried the pasta. One of the dishes had clams and fennel sausage which were a great combo, but the pasta they used was orchiette, and it was to thick and chewy, a fettuccini would have been better. the bolenese was very dry. Everything else was great.Special Features:
- Loved the pillowsDoloresVIPDined on 8/7/2014We ordered the gnocchi which were like little pillows of air. So delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A dream come trueElleyaelDined on 8/7/2014I have been an admirer of chef Chiarello since I saw him first on food network. His style of cooking reminded me of my trip to Italy, and he he did not disappoint. The food and service was impeccable. My husband and I will definitely be back, with friends!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticfishDined on 8/6/2014Doesn't get better than this, try the Duck outstanding..........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High expectations not quite met!dinerDined on 8/6/2014The service was very attentive and appropriate. The food was good, but did not meet the very high expectations established by the restaurant's reputation. The biggest issue was the noise level. People at a near-by table, who apparently were known to the staff, were extremely loud. This distracted not only us, but people at other tables in the vicinity with whom we commiserated. Given the option of returning to this restaurant, we probably would not.Special Features: