Bottega Napa Valley
6525 Washington Street Suite A9
Yountville, CA 94599Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Bottega Napa Valley
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.botteganapavalley.com/
- Phone: 7079451050x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:30am -2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm -
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Chiarello
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Kellie Magna at 707-754-4467 or email: email@example.com
A word from Bottega Napa Valley
Chef Michael Chiarello has returned to his culinary roots by creating seasonal farm-to-table Italian cuisine reflecting the bold flavors of Chiarello’s heritage in his signature style 1st made famous at Tra Vigne in the 90’s. An award winning chef/vintner & Food Network host, Chiarello celebrates his Italian roots and the Napa Valley with a menu echoing his long practice of using the finest locally/sustainably produced food. Located in Yountville, in the heart of the Napa Valley, Bottega’s extensive wine list represents hard-to-find favorites of the Valley and interesting Italian selections. Chiarello restored the integrity of an old 1800’s estate by uncovering beautiful hard wood floors, timber beams, old brick walls and windows. The inviting dining room is accented with reclaimed antiques, warm fabrics and eclectic light fixtures lending to the restaurant’s old world comfort.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bottega Napa Valley - Best Restaurants in Yountville ›
Bottega Napa Valley reviews from OpenTable diners
710 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (465)special occasion (418)great for outdoor dining (343)notable wine list (324)romantic (299)good for groups (195)great for lunch (182)hot spot (172)neighborhood gem (133)vibrant bar scene (99)scenic view (58)great for brunch (51)kid-friendly (31)late-night find (27)Show More
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014We had a reservation and ended up having to wait 20 minutes to be seated. The service was terrible and the food was the biggest let down. Do not get the spaghetti and if you order the ravioli, you should note, there is only one.Special Features:
- Delicious but pretty slowOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014Had reservations here and still had to wait over 30 minutes to be seated and the hostess was not very welcoming or apologetic about it. The food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/31/2014The food was very good, but the experience was terrible. It was extremely hot inside, and we had flies buzzing us the entire meal. Our waiter never refilled our drinks, so we stayed hot and thirsty for the entire meal.Special Features:
- Dinner service is betterIrmsVIPDined on 8/31/2014I have recently dined here before for dinner with my wife and we always had excellent service. This past weekend we had 2 friends visiting from L.A. And wanted them to experience great Italian food for lunch here. We were having a great time and enjoyed our food, but our server forgot about us and didn't really check upon us to see if we needed anything else. I asked for more bread twice, and when be brought it he placed it one of my plates instead of grabbing a new serving plate. Also, the server brought out 2 out of 4 dishes instead of all 4 at the same time, so we waited until we got the rest. All together we were there for 2 hours which was too long and didn't need to take so much time. Dinner service is far better than lunch.Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerHogWinoDined on 8/30/2014My wife had the lamb chops and I had the pork shoulder. Both were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrylocksDined on 8/30/2014Always good but very good on this visit! Will be back soon.Special Features:
- Impeccable service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We received two visits from the general manager, simply checking on our level of satisfaction. Matthew, our server, was attentive, funny and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food!SMayerVIPDined on 8/29/2014Best food I've had in the area. Everything we had was fantastic. I had the pork shoulder and after one bite was making my wife try it. Never do that. And the short rib burger she ordered was to die for. Definitely will be backSpecial Features:
- FantasticjcjmcVIPDined on 8/28/2014Had a lovely dinner at Bottega. Our server/sommelier, Eric, was knowledgable and engaging. He helped us select an amazing dinner and paired a wine with each course for each of us that both complimented the food and challenged our palate. The polenta under glass appetizer was unique and not to be missed. I will be craving that giant ravioli with the egg and truffles until we return to the valley. Other highlights were the lamb with fig entree and the Brussels sprout salad app. Highly recommend a visit to Bottega-- not to be missedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/28/2014We were so disappointed with the whole experience here. The food was ok but nothing special - especially compared to the other restaurants within walking distance of it. It was so noisy there that we could not even hear the server describe the specials. And, we were seated about 3" away from two other couples on each side of us. It was just not a good experience on any level.Special Features:
- Overall good food, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/28/2014We really enjoy this restaurant and were pleased that prior service issues have been resolved. Not so great was the lazy omission of removing the chalaza from the yolk in the ravioli. Too bad, because it was a great dish right up to that awful bite. Polenta under glass, octopus, and all else were delicious!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/28/2014Amazing food & service. I look forward to coming back for more!Special Features:
- Off the chartsDavidDined on 8/27/2014Exceptional. Ambiance, service, quality...perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OK!DegustatorDined on 8/27/2014Visited the restaurant with another couple for dinner after a day crusing through Nappa. In short, the food is just OK. Was not impressed with their portions nor the taste. It's wasn't terrible.......just an OK restaurant with somewhat weird presentation choices, such as, in glass jars which really did not suite the dish or compliment it for sharing (tiremessu in a jar didn't work)
- Not HappyOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/27/2014The waiter made a comment to one of the diners regarding the truffle fries that I had ordered on the menu. As he made the comment, he looked at me with a smirk, and said, " The truffle fries are useless." If the waiter has a negative opinion about a menu item, he should either keep it to himself, or express to management offline away from diners. I didn't catch the waiter's name, but he was heavy set with light sandy brown hair and a moustache.Special Features:
- Aug 27 visitLovItalianDined on 8/27/2014We were seated within 5 min of our reservation, but took 1/2 hour to get a drink and wine. My Branzino was excellent, but my wife's lamb chops were rare and blah- we cook them at home with parsley- garlic crust so much better. Appetizers were great. Overall a little too hyped and a little too big a restaurant to rate 4 stars on ambience, service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- if you like italian...JerseyBluesVIPDined on 8/27/2014We enjoyed a lovely anniversary dinner at Botega. I had a glass of Chiarello ' s cab and have to say it was outstanding if not a little pricy at $34 a glass. The grilled octopus was the highlight and a close second was the smoked and braised short ribsSpecial Features:
- yummymekare27Dined on 8/27/2014food was fantastic!!! the brussell sprout salad was mind blowing! who knew those little buggers could taste so great! the risotto was perfect with a mushroom sauce and the short ribs were perfectly tender! what a dinner!!!Special Features:
- A lovely experienceCatalinaDined on 8/26/2014This restaurant was recommended by a friend, and after dining there I can understand way. Everyone in our party of four enjoyed their meals, as well as the interesting conversations with the wait staff. Definitely will return, and will absolutely recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better choices availableNashvilleWineCoupleDined on 8/26/2014While the food was OK, it wasn't stellar. What was really subpar was the service. It was slow and when food did arrive, it was simply dropped on the table with the server mumbling about what it was while beating a hasty retreat. Yountville has many better choices. We wouldn't go there again and would not recommend it.
- Lovely wine country dining!MarinfoodieDined on 8/25/2014Love this restaurant. Capable staff, delicious food, beautiful room. Also love the seasonal changing menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great low key, casual dining!TravelCam2014Dined on 8/25/2014A lovely casual option in yountville, still jolly good food & service, but a nice alternative to some of it's more full on neighbors!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to be a great placeeat2bhappyDined on 8/25/2014This is the 3rd or 4th time my wife and I have eaten at Bottega. Every time has been excellent and the food a new experience. It is hard to choose, but everything is fresh and of the highest quality. My wife had the whole Branzino fish this time and declared it better than the same dish at Mario Batali's Esca restaurant in NYC. She also had the Octopus appetizer and it was as tender as could be. We have never been disappointed here and always find something new and exciting to try for the first time.Special Features:
- WonderfulMsnicol1Dined on 8/24/2014A big hit with our group. Didn't even know it was Chiarello, so that was bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10 year anniversaryzjivaroDined on 8/24/2014Took my wife and friends here on a recent visit to Napa and it was as expected, stylish, Napaesquest, inviting, romantic, great service, wonderful appetizers, would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhenomenaljessDined on 8/24/2014I wanted to try Bittega on our last trip out to Napa but they were full! This time I made sure I made it a must and made reservations ahead. They are so professional as they call to confirm days ahead and are extremely accommodating to any request! The good was phenomenal and out if this world! Definitely a must to go to! Made our anniversary fantastic:) love Michael Chiarello as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely!TM82VIPDined on 8/24/2014We had a lovely meal at Bottega. One of the best wine lists we have ever seen, and a beautiful space. The food was good overall, some better than others. Grilled octopus starter was just ok. Caprese was beautiful and delicious - definitely a highlight. Farfalle with peekytoe crab and peas was fresh and light. Lamb entree was good. Pork entree was epic - we have never seen or had a pork preparation like that, even in Spain. Service was excellent. While we were waiting to be seated, we saw/heard the Manager address the hostess very rudely/curtly for several minutes. She even told him that we could hear him, and he didn't stop. Definitely one of the most unprofessional things I have ever seen in an upscale restaurant.Special Features:
- great napa findluvfoodDined on 8/24/2014The food was so wonderfully prepared, with the taste from each bite of the dishes was bursting with flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 8/23/2014We were excited to be dining Bottega and to celebrate our niece's 21st birthday with a special bottle of French wine from her birth year. Our experience did not live up to expectations. Our server appeared annoyed and rushed and set an unfortunate tone for the evening. We were seated at an outdoor table near a bussing station. Table would have been ok had it not been for unfriendly greeting by host and server. Sommelier was very nice but our attempts to contact him in advance and drop off wine for decanting were unsuccessful. Will not return to Bottega on future visits to wine country. Food was fine, but service was disappointing particularly for such a highly regarded restaurant.Special Features:
- Good food, bad service.sharonbVIPDined on 8/23/2014The porchetta was excellent, and the other food very good. Service was not; woman at front desk was unfriendly and inexact about our table. It took us forever to get an order in, receive food, etc. We ordered a bottle of wine; waiter asked us what brand of wine we had brought in from the bar. We weren't sure, as the bartender was busy, so we just asked for Pinot. The waiter thought it was one kind, but offered "to bring us clean glasses, anyway" for the new bottle. I have never had a waiter suggest that I drink out of used glasses for a new bottle of wine - inexcusable! I saw other people waiting around forever for food or for a server to notice them - I won't be back. Used to go for lunch, but then Michael Chiarello was on-site.Special Features:
- Met our expectationsBigfoodogVIPDined on 8/23/2014Many great places to eat in the Napa region but this one is a must try, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Fabulous!MALNDined on 8/23/2014This was our second visit, but a first for our friends. We had a fabulous meal! We enjoy drinks at the bar, were escorted to our table, ordered appetizers and salads to share, meals, and even a dessert or two. Everything was done with professionalism and sophistication and tasted fabulous. A definite place to return to again and again. Thank you.Special Features:
- Amazing dinnerWinefoodie2Dined on 8/22/2014We have been to Bottega before, but we never sat outside or had the polenta. Oh my gosh, it was Awesome! We will definitely be back, next time for my husbands birthday in October!Special Features:
- PerfectDarCVIPDined on 8/22/2014Wanted to try this place for a while: came tonight with a special out of town guest ... We shared an heirloom tomato and buratta salad that was out of this world. The polenta was fantastic and even the asparagus side was great! My friend got the pork special which was amazing! Great wine and excellent service on an incredible outdoor patio - the perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at BoteggaNJWinoDined on 8/22/2014Really enjoyed dinner at Bottega. Meal was excellent - flavors were amazing. Murphy was a great waiter! Really enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio dining is superbLoveNapaareadiningDined on 8/22/2014We really having meeting friends for a jovial time on the large patio. It's fun, the food is great and always a great wine list. Super great pick!Special Features:
- Fantastic meal!Ladibugg237Dined on 8/21/2014We highly enjoyed our dinner at Bottega. We started with a tuna tartare/sashimi appetizer, which was a perfect start to the meal. We followed by sharing the lasagna and the bronzini. I recommend sharing as the dishes came out separately and were a great size to share. Everything about dinner was wonderful, from the food to the view. I highly recommend this restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A total disappointment.Napa123VIPDined on 8/21/2014From start to finish, this restaurant was a complete disappointment in every way. The food quality and taste were both terrible. The flavors were horrible and poorly executed. These flaws could have been helped slightly if the food quality used wasn't as poor quality as it was.
- Excellent dining experience!LisaDined on 8/21/2014Ambiance. Impeccable service. Unique presentation of plates. Extensive wine list. Been wanting to try it for past couple of visits to Napa. Was not disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family visitNapa99peaks1palDined on 8/20/2014This is my second visit and was supprised again with a great experience - service was very nice- food had fresh favors- pasta was perfect- thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.