Bottega Napa Valley
6525 Washington Street Suite A9
Yountville, CA 94599Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Bottega Napa Valley
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.botteganapavalley.com/
- Phone: 7079451050x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:30am -2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm -
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Chiarello
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Kellie Magna at 707.754.4467 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Bottega Napa Valley
Chef Michael Chiarello has returned to his culinary roots by creating seasonal farm-to-table Italian cuisine reflecting the bold flavors of Chiarello’s heritage in his signature style 1st made famous at Tra Vigne in the 90’s. An award winning chef/vintner & Food Network host, Chiarello celebrates his Italian roots and the Napa Valley with a menu echoing his long practice of using the finest locally/sustainably produced food. Located in Yountville, in the heart of the Napa Valley, Bottega’s extensive wine list represents hard-to-find favorites of the Valley and interesting Italian selections. Chiarello restored the integrity of an old 1800’s estate by uncovering beautiful hard wood floors, timber beams, old brick walls and windows. The inviting dining room is accented with reclaimed antiques, warm fabrics and eclectic light fixtures lending to the restaurant’s old world comfort.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bottega Napa Valley - Best Restaurants in Yountville ›
Bottega Napa Valley reviews from OpenTable diners
737 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (518)special occasion (403)great for outdoor dining (379)notable wine list (358)romantic (271)good for groups (230)hot spot (220)great for lunch (185)neighborhood gem (160)vibrant bar scene (108)scenic view (57)great for brunch (45)late-night find (37)kid-friendly (25)Show More
- DisappointingfoodkingDined on 10/20/2014The service wasn't very good. Our waiter as one in our party pointed out was "flighty", he would appear, ask us something and before we could answer he was gone. Only to return a few minutes later with the same question. I was still eating my appetizer salad when my next course appeared. It was just more or less dumped next to the plate I hadn't finished. Some of the food was OK but for the most part it was disappointing. We had actually planned on another visit but that idea was quickly scrapped. I guess I was expecting more from Bottega and it's famous owner. Sadly, both left much to be desired.
- Why us?LoveeatingDined on 10/19/2014We waited several months for this reservation, it was our anniversary and we were visiting CA for the first time. As we planned our trip, we spoke with friends who visit Nappa once a year and we and heard from several that Bottega was a must do. To say the least we did not have the evening we expected. As we arrived the hostess was very nice and we only waited about 5 minutes to be seated, this was a great start. When we sat down we both sat in food that had been left on the seat. This was not our complaints thougH, I will clarify my complaint by saying that the food was absolutely phenomenal. Our problem was the service which was absolutely awful. I will not lump all the servers into this category just our own.Special Features:
- Foodie HeavenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014This was the best meal I have ever had. Everything was perfect. It was great sitting next to people and talking about the food that we/they ordered. We sat where we could see the kitchen which was great for cooks. We started with the Il Piatto di Salumi e Formaggi, loved the fresh cheese from Tomales Bay. I had the Polenta Under Glass, it was very smooth and creamy. My husband had the Insalata di Frutta con Ricotta; outstanding and fresh. I had the Risotto del Giorno which had a ragu on top that was very good. The best was the Maiale “Spagnolo” alla Griglia Grilled acorn fed pork shoulder loin with stone fruit mostarda, parmigiano potato passata, crispy prosciutto, the Pork melted in your mouth. We will return any time we are in the area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 10/19/2014Our first time here for lunch. The whole experience was lovely - outdoor seating, delicious cocktails, creative pastas, and friendly service. It made for a perfect end to our weekend. Don't miss the polenta appetizer or the special risottos!I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014Great food, even better service, very accommodatingSpecial Features:
- awesomemarieDined on 10/18/2014Michael Chiarello is a food genius! We had lunch here when visiting Napa Valley and it was absolutely delicious. Would eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Napa Valley Hot SpotCinzinDined on 10/18/2014Great service, food and company ! I selected Bottega as the restaurant for the 20th Anniversary Celebration of our Women's Investment Club. Excellent choice !!! The restaurant was busy ....but they still were very attentive to our requests. Most had never been there.....but will all return !!!Special Features:
- AmazingSimonpikeVIPDined on 10/17/2014The ravilo was one if the best things I have ever eatenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2014Had dinner here several years ago and it was terrific. Recommended it to friends several months ago and they were underwhelmed. Had dinner here the other night and it was a different experience. Service was poor, wrong food sent to the table, inattentive service. Food was fair, at best. prrhaps success and celebrity means you can deliver a mediocre product?? Ther seeming better options in the valleySpecial Features:
- Wonderful evening at BottegabmarieVIPDined on 10/17/2014Our group of four had an amazing dinner experience at Bottega! The salumi and cheese and octopus appetizers were amazing. Our waiter was slightly over the top but nonetheless he selected some nice entrees for each of us. The sommelier also paired our food with some nice wines. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yountville favoriteBistroDined on 10/17/2014We book Botegga at least once every trip out here. Food and ambiance wonderful !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/17/2014We loved Bottega!! We ordered the sushi special for an appetizer - delicious - we wished there were more! I ordered the pork loin which was described as steak-like - and it did not disappoint - it was melt in your mouth delicious. My husband ordered the short-ribs, which we felt were good, but definitely not as good as the pork. It is a loud restaurant, but we were seated in a corner so we felt we were able to talk to each other without raising our voices. They had an amazing wine list, and the food was delicious. Would definitely come again!Special Features:
- TERRIFIC!!WhatsupDined on 10/17/2014We had hear about Bottega and it superseded our expectations! Celebrated a birthday here and the food was just DELICIOUS and the special HAPPY BIRTHDAY note on the table when we were seated was a very nice touch. Definitely a repeat for us!Special Features:
- Bottega must be experiencedCuriousDinerDined on 10/16/2014If anyone is considering a trip to wine country, you must stop in at Bottega in Yountville. My husband and I had dinner on a beautiful Fall evening inside the dining room. It's everything you would imagine when you think of California wine country; exposed brick, homegrown ingredients, laid-back and great service. The taglierini bolognese pasta and calamari friti are both mouth-watering musts. The brussel sprout salad was so fresh, and makes one wonder why you would ever purchase bottled dressing ever again. The ambience is intentionally perfect... whether you're looking for a romantic evening or dining with friends, you'll find it here. Skip Napa as this is THE PLACE to dine in wine country. Picturesque, aromatic, beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful foodMainefoodie67Dined on 10/16/2014Food was exquisitely prepared and presented in an elegant yet relaxed atmosphere. My favorite restaurant from our trip to Napa Valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolynCarolynVIPDined on 10/15/2014Stunning restaurant with stellar decor We had no wait time and seated at lovely corner table Matt our server was a little of his mark but our bread water and all the little details were tended to nicely. The asparagus appetizer was fabulous along with the Antoinette salad. Gnocchis and the ravioli were out of this world and the finale of the tiramisu words can't describe!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2014We ate here for our honeymoon 3 years ago and returned for our 3rd anniversary. It was just as good as we remembered. Excellent meal and the chocolate soufflé was awesome and worth the 3 year wait. It is our favorite Napa eating spot and hopefully we won't have to wait so long to return. Highly recommend itSpecial Features:
- Delicious!AnnaDined on 10/15/2014We were lucky to get a reservation here as it was fully booked the whole week we were in town. The portions are small as is typical with fine dining, but the food was perfectly prepared. Great pasta, salad, and desserts. Definitely worth a trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Higher ExpectationsExpectedMore4DinnerDined on 10/14/2014The food good, but lacking the flair and expected presentation. The personnel from welcome through service were okay, but not as refined in customer service as we expected. The restaurant's old world charm was diminished by having, who seemed to be the "Dinning Room Czar", pace back and forth in the dinning room watching all the servers every move. His behavior made us feel uncomfortable for the servers and limited as to our time to dine. We have seen Chef Michael Chiarello on the Food Network, so planned our out of town trip for a very special experience. Overall, Bottega lacked the personal attention, warmth and bold flavors we expected.
- Anniversary dinnerKC19Dined on 10/13/2014We went to bottega for an anniversary dinner. The food was good although I was expecting it to be excellent. Our server was polite but really didn't go the extra mile. The atmosphere on the outside area is very nice. Usually a restaurant will comp you a dessert if you are there for a special occasion but we were not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Our Favorites'HungryBobVIPDined on 10/12/2014This is one of our favorite restuarants in Yountville. You will need to get a reservation far in advance since it is so popular but you will not regret eating here. Great service even greater food. Put this one on your list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yet Another Great ExperiencereefboyDined on 10/12/2014I brought friends from the east coast and they loved it. I come to Bottega about 3-4 times a year and am never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, no focus on detailJim2010VIPDined on 10/12/2014The staf are well trained and really friendly. This restaurant has become a little tired, chipped decanters, knowledge they are busy and don't really need to try. Has become more a a place to get food rather than somewhere that used to be "special" Needs cleaned up!! We notified them that this was our 33rd wedding anniversary. We help a party there for our 30th and wanted to go back. NO ONE said a thing yet the day before the Baci restaurant staff in Healdsberg made a point of saying Happy Anniversary to my wife and I, hostess, manager, waiter. Bottega just needs to start listening to customers again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative Menu ItemsILovetoDineOutVIPDined on 10/11/2014Not your average Italian restaurant.... menu is varied and creative. Chef Chiarello creates an array of amazing dishes. An exciting atmosphere, an occasional Chef sighting (!!) and fantastic service from an attentive, friendly staff made this our favorite restaurant in Napa Valley!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food and ServiceSaintJohnsMIGuyDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I made this the last stop on our 25th anniversary trip and were glad we did. The server was phenomenal, great at recommending options and wines. The food was delicious and we enjoyed the dinner tremendously. I have not seen a more well organized and efficient staff as at this restaurant. Definitely a highlight of our trip. If you are in Napa, do find the time to make it to Bottega for a great dining experience.Special Features:
- great foodMimaDined on 10/11/2014The food was excellent and th service was great I was. Celebrating a special BIRTHDAY and the staff provided me with a BIRTHDAY card and a special hand written message on my dessert plate. My only regret is that I didn't meet MichaelSpecial Features:
- Great end to perfect week in Napa.DsusiDined on 10/10/2014Devine lunch! The 4 of us loved our courses. Antipasto for 4 was devoured. The corn pasta dish was absolutely amazing. It was the perfect way to end our amazing vacation in Napa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Make sure you can find it!CaroleandAlanDined on 10/9/2014This place was wonderful but almost impossible to locate at night. Didn't help that when we called to say we were late and lost no human voice would answer the phone. Totally worth hunting for, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentScottDined on 10/9/2014We had a great time. The food was delicious. We had two appetizers two pasta dishes and two entrees because we couldn't choose. The pork tenderloin was cooked perfectly. I would re recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Napa valley restaurantluvyummyfoodDined on 10/9/2014My new favorite dining experience in the area. We enjoyed Pasta with Bolognese (excellent sauce with veal and pork) and Orichetti with clams also very tasty. We started with the brussel sprout salad flavored with lemon and almont, yummy. Oh and starter dip for bread we loved as well. Enjoyable atmosphere, cross between old and modern. Housed in a brick building, comfortable seating, classy. Service excellent. Will be back. Oh yes Tiramisu a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hugh hallHughandSueDiningDined on 10/8/2014My wife and I were visiting from Rhode Island and we specifically booked a reservation at Bottega. Michael Chiarello is a master at creating a great dining experience and he didn't disappoint. This was one of the best dining experiences I have ever had. The atmosphere, dining outside, the good and wine from beginning to end was spectacular. I hope we can get back here next year to recreate this special moment in our trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentVIPDined on 10/8/2014Would've received 5 stars if it weren't for 1 dish where the lasagna was slightly burnt.Special Features:
- Beautiful find in YountvilleRMarieJDined on 10/7/2014My friend recommended this place to me after a day in Napa, and boy was I not disappointed! Great ambience, lovely food, great service. Yountville is quickly becoming one of my favorite spots to visit when I spend the day in Napa.Special Features:
- Thought it would be betterFunnyfaceDined on 10/7/2014Was looking forward to eating at the Bottega as we love food...it is our greatest pleasure going out to dine at wonderful restaurants we here about. We came down from BC Canada looking forward to our dinning at the Bottega but was very disappointed in our meal...it just seemed like we could go to a food chain and get the same thing...very sad to say it. But the servers were great.Special Features:
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/6/2014Bottega is a highly rated, restaurant in Napa Valley. The service is excellent and the food is good. I wouldn't say it was the best food that we ate while in the Napa/Sonoma area but it is a great place for chef prepared cuisine and much more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid choiceOntheroadDined on 10/6/2014Great food. Spacious, so we were not eating right next to other patrons. Wonderful, knowledgable server, though the drinks could have come a little faster. Amazing food. Fun part of town. The area was enchanting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal in NapaTinaDined on 10/6/2014We dine at Bottega every time we come to Napa and its always our favorite. When you arrive a chunk of bread is brought to the table with an amazing mixture of olive oil, garlic, cheese and parsley (delicious). We shared the meat and cheese appetizer with dried grapes which was really good and beautifully presented. For entrées -I had the whole grilled fish and my husband had the chicken (which he said was spicy and delicious). Bottega remains our favorite restaurant every time we come to Napa Valley. We've never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late night find….Ironsoul9Dined on 10/5/2014Booked a late night reservation here based on several "best restaurant" in Napa area comments earlier that day. What a delight! Loved the atmosphere and the food was excellent! (Short Ribs/Polenta) of course. Outstanding wine list and the staff was superb!Special Features:
- All around great evening mealMspltDined on 10/5/2014Lovely atmosphere inside and out, attentive service and fabulous food. All six meals of our party were wonderful and got compliments to include "best pasta I have ever eaten." My husband's melon and prosciutto appetizer was a delicious surprise, quite unique and very flavorful. I could write more, but you get the idea. Very nicely done. This was our second visit, and we will definitely go back on future visits.Special Features:
- Good Food but very poor service!KarenDined on 10/5/2014Nice place to go. Beautiful inside & out. Food very good but could not wait to leave due to waiter being so poor.Special Features: