Bottega Napa Valley
6525 Washington Street Suite A9
Yountville, CA 94599Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Bottega Napa Valley
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.botteganapavalley.com/
- Phone: 7079451050x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:30am -2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm -
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Chiarello
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Kellie Magna at 707.754.4467 or email: email@example.com
A word from Bottega Napa Valley
Chef Michael Chiarello has returned to his culinary roots by creating seasonal farm-to-table Italian cuisine reflecting the bold flavors of Chiarello’s heritage in his signature style 1st made famous at Tra Vigne in the 90’s. An award winning chef/vintner & Food Network host, Chiarello celebrates his Italian roots and the Napa Valley with a menu echoing his long practice of using the finest locally/sustainably produced food. Located in Yountville, in the heart of the Napa Valley, Bottega’s extensive wine list represents hard-to-find favorites of the Valley and interesting Italian selections. Chiarello restored the integrity of an old 1800’s estate by uncovering beautiful hard wood floors, timber beams, old brick walls and windows. The inviting dining room is accented with reclaimed antiques, warm fabrics and eclectic light fixtures lending to the restaurant’s old world comfort.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bottega Napa Valley - Best Restaurants in Yountville ›
Bottega Napa Valley reviews from OpenTable diners
733 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (521)special occasion (400)great for outdoor dining (378)notable wine list (354)romantic (269)good for groups (232)hot spot (231)great for lunch (186)neighborhood gem (161)vibrant bar scene (106)scenic view (55)great for brunch (43)late-night find (37)kid-friendly (19)Show More
- Great food a mustOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/27/2014WE were is NAPA for 4 days and this is a must eat. Great food what can you say. WE plan our trip to make sure we go to eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/27/2014Amazing restuarant - Great food, Great Service! This will be my new place to go to in Napa!Special Features:
- gigi3boysDined on 10/27/2014They were very accommodating and we all loved our food and dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2014This restaurant was incredible.. from the impeccable service, to the mouth-watering food, to the extensive wine list... It did not disappoint! WOW!Special Features:
- Good food. Loud kitchenDallasDined on 10/25/2014The spaghetti allow Sophia Loren was very bland. But my husband had the Bolognese was very good. Highly recommend that. The wines by the glass were extensive. The seats by kitchen are very loud. Recommend sitting in other room. Server was ok. Not great. Not friendly. The restaurant seems to be overrated. Been to better in yountville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerBritt08Dined on 10/25/2014We celebrated an anniversary at Bottega on Friday and really enjoyed it. The food was wonderful, the wine list was plentiful, and the service was excellent. What a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014Every time we come to Napa, we always have lunch here. This is the first time that we got seated in the patio and love it more. I had the fresh fish of the day and it was phenomenal. Will be back here again!Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/25/2014Second time coming to Bottega, this time was for lunch. I live in San Francisco and coming to Napa always feels like a vacation and with vacations I love to eat! Bottega never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMGSushiLoverVIPDined on 10/25/2014A wine tour recommended the braised short ribs so my hubby and I shared that. I've spent all day looking for the recipe online. It was delicious and my seafood preferring husband even loved it. You MUST eat here. If we ever make it back to Napa this will be a visit.Special Features:
- MemorableTXwineNdineDined on 10/24/2014Second time here and just as amazing as the first! The braised short rib is the best anywhere! The parmesan garlic spread with bread is something I can't stop thinking about....and the great thing is I bought some next door to take home! Will definitely be back everytime I visit the area :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved it!caliztaDined on 10/23/2014We had impeccable service, and the yummiest food I've had in a long time. Definitely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big disappointment!euniw84Dined on 10/23/2014This will actually be my first review for a restaurant but when open table asked my opinion I couldn't resist! There was an article I read that listed restaurants to dine before you die. Knowing I was going to napa and saw bottega on the list made me so excited! We ordered the grilled octopus and polenta appetizers. They both were underwhelming and bland. In fact the only tasty thing we ate was the spread that was provided with the bread! For dinner I had the fruitti DE mare and my husband had the orecchiette clam pasta with sausage and broccoli rabe. Well, the presentaion was nice for both plates but the flavor was lacking completely. Unfortunely the only thing we were left with was the underwhelming and bland flavors in our mouths.Special Features:
- quadkellDined on 10/23/2014Wonderful food and wonderful service. The atmosphere was calm and relaxed. Knowledgeable staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/21/2014food was so good. the waiter was also made the night. he had the best suggestions and stories. would go back!Special Features:
- Bottega YountvilleDiabloTonyDined on 10/21/2014I'm afraid once-good Bottega's reputation has preceded itself. Our meal on Tuesday night was an embarrassment to say the least. We had special guests who are both oenophiles and foodies and the food was bad for all. I started with a hamachi appetizer that was both too salty and microscopic in size: 3 very small thin slices of fish served on a brick for $17.00. I suppose being minuscule could be considered a blessing since it was over-salted. Then one of our guests and I had a Frutti di mare seafood stew that was absolutely flavorless. Again it was expensive $28.00 and very small in size. Considering the blandness, that might also be considered a blessing. My wife's Mediterranean Sea Bass was both bony and flavorless.
- WendyDined on 10/21/2014Our food was amazing. Our wine was amazing. Our waiter was amazing!Special Features:
- I cant say enough about Bottega.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014The food was awesome, the wine was delish, the service was professional. If you want to great dining experience, come to Bottega.Special Features:
- DisappointingfoodkingDined on 10/20/2014The service wasn't very good. Our waiter as one in our party pointed out was "flighty", he would appear, ask us something and before we could answer he was gone. Only to return a few minutes later with the same question. I was still eating my appetizer salad when my next course appeared. It was just more or less dumped next to the plate I hadn't finished. Some of the food was OK but for the most part it was disappointing. We had actually planned on another visit but that idea was quickly scrapped. I guess I was expecting more from Bottega and it's famous owner. Sadly, both left much to be desired.
- Why us?LoveeatingDined on 10/19/2014We waited several months for this reservation, it was our anniversary and we were visiting CA for the first time. As we planned our trip, we spoke with friends who visit Nappa once a year and we and heard from several that Bottega was a must do. To say the least we did not have the evening we expected. As we arrived the hostess was very nice and we only waited about 5 minutes to be seated, this was a great start. When we sat down we both sat in food that had been left on the seat. This was not our complaints thougH, I will clarify my complaint by saying that the food was absolutely phenomenal. Our problem was the service which was absolutely awful. I will not lump all the servers into this category just our own.Special Features:
- Foodie HeavenProFoodieDined on 10/19/2014This was the best meal I have ever had. Everything was perfect. It was great sitting next to people and talking about the food that we/they ordered. We sat where we could see the kitchen which was great for cooks. We started with the Il Piatto di Salumi e Formaggi, loved the fresh cheese from Tomales Bay. I had the Polenta Under Glass, it was very smooth and creamy. My husband had the Insalata di Frutta con Ricotta; outstanding and fresh. I had the Risotto del Giorno which had a ragu on top that was very good. The best was the Maiale “Spagnolo” alla Griglia Grilled acorn fed pork shoulder loin with stone fruit mostarda, parmigiano potato passata, crispy prosciutto, the Pork melted in your mouth. We will return any time we are in the area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 10/19/2014Our first time here for lunch. The whole experience was lovely - outdoor seating, delicious cocktails, creative pastas, and friendly service. It made for a perfect end to our weekend. Don't miss the polenta appetizer or the special risottos!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experience but...MaggieDined on 10/19/2014The food selection was amazing. However, this is where I found fault. The items on the menu seemed more of a tasting than an actual menu for dining. As if you should truly order one thing from each area to get the most from the restaurant and its extravagant palate. My starting dish which was 3 pieces of asparagus, some cream sauce with an egg. It had a few sprinkles of some bacon. Tasted nice, but I am sure it would seem more filling with say...6 pieces of asparagus. For this price anyway. I then received a Ricotta pasta type dish again same deal. Not enough food for your palate. Order more and you will feel full. Overall, nice experience, just wish ya got more to fill the belly! I probably wouldnt go back again for that reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014Great food, even better service, very accommodatingSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I ate here while on vacation. We sat outside because inside seemed a bit noisy. The waiter that we had was amazing and did not rush us through our meal. He was able to describe each dish as if he had cooked it himself and was extremely helpful with our decision making process. He also recommended a dessert wine, not something I typically order, that was outstanding. Other servers were also very attentive and helpful. Both our meals were delicious, I would definitely recommend this restaurant and would go back myself.Special Features:
- awesomemarieDined on 10/18/2014Michael Chiarello is a food genius! We had lunch here when visiting Napa Valley and it was absolutely delicious. Would eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Napa Valley Hot SpotCinzinDined on 10/18/2014Great service, food and company ! I selected Bottega as the restaurant for the 20th Anniversary Celebration of our Women's Investment Club. Excellent choice !!! The restaurant was busy ....but they still were very attentive to our requests. Most had never been there.....but will all return !!!Special Features:
- AmazingSimonpikeVIPDined on 10/17/2014The ravilo was one if the best things I have ever eatenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2014Had dinner here several years ago and it was terrific. Recommended it to friends several months ago and they were underwhelmed. Had dinner here the other night and it was a different experience. Service was poor, wrong food sent to the table, inattentive service. Food was fair, at best. prrhaps success and celebrity means you can deliver a mediocre product?? Ther seeming better options in the valleySpecial Features:
- Wonderful evening at BottegabmarieVIPDined on 10/17/2014Our group of four had an amazing dinner experience at Bottega! The salumi and cheese and octopus appetizers were amazing. Our waiter was slightly over the top but nonetheless he selected some nice entrees for each of us. The sommelier also paired our food with some nice wines. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yountville favoriteBistroDined on 10/17/2014We book Botegga at least once every trip out here. Food and ambiance wonderful !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/17/2014We loved Bottega!! We ordered the sushi special for an appetizer - delicious - we wished there were more! I ordered the pork loin which was described as steak-like - and it did not disappoint - it was melt in your mouth delicious. My husband ordered the short-ribs, which we felt were good, but definitely not as good as the pork. It is a loud restaurant, but we were seated in a corner so we felt we were able to talk to each other without raising our voices. They had an amazing wine list, and the food was delicious. Would definitely come again!Special Features:
- We visit Bottega every year!Laceywil2Dined on 10/17/2014Each year we visit Napa, we can't by-pass Bottega. The polenta under glass is so delightful and flavorful. The first courses and entrees are even better. I have not had a single dish that I did not like at Bottega. The service, presentation, and flavors are impeccable.Special Features:
- TERRIFIC!!WhatsupDined on 10/17/2014We had hear about Bottega and it superseded our expectations! Celebrated a birthday here and the food was just DELICIOUS and the special HAPPY BIRTHDAY note on the table when we were seated was a very nice touch. Definitely a repeat for us!Special Features:
- Bottega must be experiencedCuriousDinerDined on 10/16/2014If anyone is considering a trip to wine country, you must stop in at Bottega in Yountville. My husband and I had dinner on a beautiful Fall evening inside the dining room. It's everything you would imagine when you think of California wine country; exposed brick, homegrown ingredients, laid-back and great service. The taglierini bolognese pasta and calamari friti are both mouth-watering musts. The brussel sprout salad was so fresh, and makes one wonder why you would ever purchase bottled dressing ever again. The ambience is intentionally perfect... whether you're looking for a romantic evening or dining with friends, you'll find it here. Skip Napa as this is THE PLACE to dine in wine country. Picturesque, aromatic, beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful foodMainefoodie67Dined on 10/16/2014Food was exquisitely prepared and presented in an elegant yet relaxed atmosphere. My favorite restaurant from our trip to Napa Valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolynCarolynVIPDined on 10/15/2014Stunning restaurant with stellar decor We had no wait time and seated at lovely corner table Matt our server was a little of his mark but our bread water and all the little details were tended to nicely. The asparagus appetizer was fabulous along with the Antoinette salad. Gnocchis and the ravioli were out of this world and the finale of the tiramisu words can't describe!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2014We ate here for our honeymoon 3 years ago and returned for our 3rd anniversary. It was just as good as we remembered. Excellent meal and the chocolate soufflé was awesome and worth the 3 year wait. It is our favorite Napa eating spot and hopefully we won't have to wait so long to return. Highly recommend itSpecial Features:
- Delicious!AnnaDined on 10/15/2014We were lucky to get a reservation here as it was fully booked the whole week we were in town. The portions are small as is typical with fine dining, but the food was perfectly prepared. Great pasta, salad, and desserts. Definitely worth a trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Higher ExpectationsExpectedMore4DinnerDined on 10/14/2014The food good, but lacking the flair and expected presentation. The personnel from welcome through service were okay, but not as refined in customer service as we expected. The restaurant's old world charm was diminished by having, who seemed to be the "Dinning Room Czar", pace back and forth in the dinning room watching all the servers every move. His behavior made us feel uncomfortable for the servers and limited as to our time to dine. We have seen Chef Michael Chiarello on the Food Network, so planned our out of town trip for a very special experience. Overall, Bottega lacked the personal attention, warmth and bold flavors we expected.
- Anniversary dinnerKC19Dined on 10/13/2014We went to bottega for an anniversary dinner. The food was good although I was expecting it to be excellent. Our server was polite but really didn't go the extra mile. The atmosphere on the outside area is very nice. Usually a restaurant will comp you a dessert if you are there for a special occasion but we were not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.