Bottega Napa Valley
6525 Washington Street Suite A9
Yountville, CA 94599Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Bottega Napa Valley
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.botteganapavalley.com/
- Phone: (707) 945-1050
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:30am -2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm -
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Chiarello
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Kellie Magna at 707.754.4467 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Bottega Napa Valley
Chef Michael Chiarello has returned to his culinary roots by creating seasonal farm-to-table Italian cuisine reflecting the bold flavors of Chiarello’s heritage in his signature style 1st made famous at Tra Vigne in the 90’s. An award winning chef/vintner & Food Network host, Chiarello celebrates his Italian roots and the Napa Valley with a menu echoing his long practice of using the finest locally/sustainably produced food. Located in Yountville, in the heart of the Napa Valley, Bottega’s extensive wine list represents hard-to-find favorites of the Valley and interesting Italian selections. Chiarello restored the integrity of an old 1800’s estate by uncovering beautiful hard wood floors, timber beams, old brick walls and windows. The inviting dining room is accented with reclaimed antiques, warm fabrics and eclectic light fixtures lending to the restaurant’s old world comfort.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bottega Napa Valley - Best Restaurants in Yountville ›
Bottega Napa Valley reviews from OpenTable diners
708 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (521)special occasion (390)notable wine list (350)great for outdoor dining (348)romantic (281)good for groups (232)hot spot (228)great for lunch (180)neighborhood gem (163)vibrant bar scene (104)scenic view (55)great for brunch (40)late-night find (36)kid-friendly (19)Show More
- We just keep coming back!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/26/2014Despite the fact that there are so many incredible dining establishments in the Napa Valley. Bottega is always our go-to for a sure fire, absolutely incredible meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bottega: the best meal every timePrgirl10VIPDined on 11/25/2014Michael Chiarello's Bottega delivered (again) for the best meal of the week!!! An amazing 5 courses and the best Irish waiter in the state -- who made everything on the menu sound so amazing we had to order it. YUM! Coming back Friday for lunch before heading home it's THAT good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BottegaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014The great thing about this restaurant is that the menu is full of items that you do not find at every single other restaurant. Creative dishes, elegantly prepared and the service is superb. No rushing, lots of insightful help from patient waitstaff. Really a great dinner. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't take kids as there is zero accommodation.JohnBDined on 11/22/2014They have chocolate and milk, but a 4 Star kitchen "unable to make chocolate milk for my 3 year old, despite sending $$100's. Broken high chair for 1 year old. Slow service and unapologetic. I have been to Bottegga at least 10 times. I won't be back!Special Features:
- Slight let downOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/22/2014I had high hopes for Bottega because I heard so many wonderful things about it from friends and online reviews. I came here for a late lunch with a group of friends for my birthday and was unimpressed. The restaurant itself is very beautiful and Tuscan inspired but the food was just okay and extremely pricey for what we got. My group of 9 people had shared appetizers and each ordered an entree and it came out to about $50 a person for lunch. The appetizers were very tiny and many people didn't even get to taste some of the items. Lunch portions were also small and even the smallest eater at our table finished her plate. I feel that we would have had a better lunch experience across the street at Ad Hoc.
- Bottega Rocks!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014If you love excellent food paired with the right wine(s) and great service, you want to go to Bottega! From the time we arrived, the staff was welcoming and the atmosphere and ambiance were warm and cozy. We knew immediately, we chose the right restaurant for a romantic and delicious dinner. We sat down and our server, Oscar, came over to greet us. All I can say is Oscar is amazing! He is very knowledgeable of all the menu items and guided us through all of our decisions. We loved every item we selected!! The Chef uses fresh local seasonal ingredients prepared and presented to perfection. We started with the Wood Grilled Octopus, followed by the days Ravioli selection and the Pork entree. Each item was expertly presented by the staff by giving a full description of the dish as it was placed on the table. Every single bite on every single plate was a yummy party for the tastebuds. Oscar recommended the perfect wines for us with our food, and at the end of the evening he even took time to make us a list of recommended local and boutique wineries to visit over the weekend. Bottega rocks both delicious food and wonderful service! This restaurant is definitely on the "do again" list!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining in Napa ValleyGooberguyDined on 11/21/2014This was our first visit to Bottega which was recommended by my son who visits Napa Valley on a regular basis on business. We were happy with the ambiance, decor, and certainly the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrankieDined on 11/19/2014The food was excellent in a nice surrounding. The service was great with good suggestions. Great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingBrunaDined on 11/18/2014A comida é incrível. Entrada pedimos o polvo (que desmancha na boca) e a burrata, muito boa e bem temperada. Prato principal massa com vongole,, incrível e uma outra massa. Tudo estava maravilhoso, fresco, atendimento impecavel!!2 entradas + 2 massas + 1 garrafa vinho= usd 120 ( sem gorjeta). As carnes são um pouco mais caras!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerNormDined on 11/18/2014Service was outstanding and dinner was great as always. The Polenta under glass is one of my favorites. The Short Ribs were outstanding as well. The gelato for desert hit the spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great and cosy restaurantKFLfromHKDined on 11/17/2014Great foods and cosy environment especially with the fire places all around. We particularly like the whole fish and short ribs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food at Bottega is incredible.SFGirlDined on 11/16/2014Starting with the Aspargi cabonara appetizer to the freshly made pasta and the molted lava cake, everything at Bottega is delicious. This was my second time at the restaurant and they never disappoint. The food is incredible, the service is impeccable and the ambiance is pleasant. I highly recommend Bottega.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointment!!!BlavelleDined on 11/16/2014Disappointment. This place only lives on its owner's fame. The wait staff is young and not knowledgable. The food is okay but definitely not great. Don't waste your time.
- Not what I expectedShirlucasDined on 11/16/2014I was expecting much more because of the popularity of the chef. The food was mediocre. Maybe it was just a bad night. The linguine with meat sauce was the best of all of the 5 things ordered. My fish was very over-cooked which I consider an important sign in judging the quality of a restaurant. Cocktails and wine were great but I wouldn't go to a restaurant just for these. The fact that our server was to familiar didn't help at all.
- A decimate favoriterenocrewDined on 11/15/2014I love Bottega, food is amazing and the service is to notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatEllenDined on 11/15/2014Good food and good service. Nice variety to choose from. Noise level is high if you eat inside but outside is very nice. It was not a warm day but our table was by a fireplace so it was very comfortable. Definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dineatBottegaDined on 11/15/2014Our lunch was delicious and our waiter, Ed was very helpful. We are planning a family lunch two days after Christmas to celebrate a birthday. We are going to be eating in the wine room that holds about 12 people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mehOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/13/2014I have eaten here a few times and have always enjoyed the food and immaculate service, however on my last visit, the service was not that great. I only saw the server once after placing my order and he merely just looked in my direction. I was a bit disappointed that I got my bill quicker than the server refilling my water goblet. The food was good as usual, but just was not real pleased with the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandinglifeisgoodDined on 11/12/2014We were seated outside on the patio by the fireplace. Service, food, ambience just lovely and perfect! The shaved brussel sprouts, the braised cheeseburger with frites were awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not live up to its billingOscarDined on 11/11/2014Beautiful restaurant. Good food server was nice and efficient but seemed his interest level in our party of 2 was not there. He explained our entre options like he was reading off a list. No enthusiasm.
- Just okMarkDined on 11/11/2014I was a little disappointed. Small portions and. Itching stood out to me. With so many great restaurants nearby I would not recommend this one.Special Features:
- Poor experiencejrobinsonVIPDined on 11/10/2014We have been to this storied restaurant many times but this visit did not go well. My wife ordered a lasagna that turned out to be very spicy. She cannot eat spicy and we were not advised by our waiter that the dish was spicy. We switched plates. Our waiter seemed preoccupied with other diners and was mostly invisible. I had a great pasta but the wife did not like it. Very disappointing.
- Birthday CelebrationYuliaRuDined on 11/10/2014The restaurant is beautiful, we got seated at a nice table by the window. The food overall was excellent and the service was good too. Very attentive staff. My main complaint is my boyfriend never ordered a dessert, yet we got charged for a $20 dessert he never ordered. we assumed he got it because of a slight mishap with our first order, but not the case. Other than that we would come back the food was delicious. It's also nice to sample some local wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/9/2014I've always wanted to try Bottega, but every time when we were up there, there wasn't any reservations available. We were lucky this time to be able to make a reservation, food was amazing and our server is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How long till I can get backRandRDined on 11/9/2014It's obvious why this is one of the most famous restaurants in the country. It's spectacular. You can tell this place is different when you watch the staff flurry by like gears in a well-oiled engine. The food is artwork. The braised short ribs melted in your mouth. The chicken was beyond compare. The lasagnetta was like it had been perfected by generations of Italian grandma's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always PerfectFPepoonVIPDined on 11/9/2014Every time we are in the Napa Valley, we stop at Bottega and it is always perfect. Whether inside or out, the setting is beautiful and service is flawless. My go-to dish is Polenta under Glass, which never disappoints. My husband always gets a pasta special; the pasta is house-made, always creative, always well-balanced. The wine list is wonderful and the prices are fair. I had the risotto special. I make my own risotto and am very picky about it, but Bottega is one place where I can order the risotto with confidence that it will be correctly prepared and properly served. This risotto had veal shank and marrow butter, and was the best risotto I have ever had, anywhere.Special Features:
- Outstanding !CiccioDined on 11/8/2014Great service, ambiance and food! Michael Chiarello doesn't disappoint. Menu is mix of comfy italian standards and unique versions using local and timely ingredients. Had the corn fettuccine with local chanterelle mushrooms and the rack of lamb over polenta. The polenta was the best I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding restaurantPmagVIPDined on 11/8/2014Had dinner last week. We visit every time we come to Napa. Always a great experience.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/8/2014I went to Bottega with a group of 4 for dinner this weekend and we unanimously agreed it was a disappointing experience. We are all food enthusiasts and enjoy everything from a classic hole in the wall to a Michelin starred pairing menu. Unfortunately, Bottega felt like many other celebrity chef restaurants that have become glorified chain restaurants living off reputation. The cocktails were uninspired and watered down, including a vodka martini that was room temperature by the time it arrived. Likewise, the food was average with the exception of a few signature dishes like the Polenta Under Glass. The server was helpful with both the menu and the wine list, but disappeared for long periods of time. All in all, a very mediocre meal.Special Features:
- GoodSFresidentDined on 11/8/2014My previous visit was excellent throughout. However I took a star or two off this visit because: 1) the hostess neglected us when seating us while other parties seated ahead of us (we had reservations) and bus person was too eager to take plates especially with food still on it; 2) asparagus side dish was slightly over cooked; and 3) octopus appetizer was delicious but it only had one small tentacle in the order. I hope my slight downgrade is a temporary one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, but pricey.yumyumDined on 11/7/2014My husband and I went for dinner to celebrate our 24th Anniversary. Our wait staff was great. He was very knowledgable about pairing the wines, thus I had 4 glasses of amazing wine. The food was good. The postions were tiny. They were playing disco music in the dining room, which seemed odd to me…I'd go for lunch, if I were to return.Special Features:
- Wonderful FoodSfgfoodDined on 11/7/2014The Iberian pork was exquisitely delicious and well prepared. The decor of the restaurant is warm and inviting. Service was well- timed.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceCBSSpotterVIPDined on 11/6/2014A great chef , spectacular dinner and wonderful service. One of many great restaurants in the Napa area but our favoriteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing anniv dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/6/2014Murph was our server. We were seated right on time. options of food and wine well explained. Great interaction w Murphy and the meal blew us away. Ashamed I didn't order dessert.Special Features:
- service excellencesmcqDined on 11/5/2014Superb food, atmosphere. Our server was excellent and made a special meal even more impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food2nd2no1Dined on 11/5/2014Sitting close to the bar was very noisy and a bit too dark. The food was great. I think the waiter had trouble hearing our order due to a large party nearby. Overall it was good. The short rib was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeLocaldinerVIPDined on 11/5/2014Stopped for lunch on the way to wine tasting. Had the mozzarella and burratta appetizer, my wife had sushi. Had octopus salad and pasta as mains. Food was very good and presented creatively. Service was very good. The octopus salad was an appetizer but it arrived perfectly timed with my wife's main. Fantastic setting. Outdoor but had many tables in full shade. Easily the best execution of outdoor dining that a pale person could be comfortable and my wife able to enjoy the sun.Special Features:
- delicious food and cool atmospherecampy23Dined on 11/4/2014Everything we had was great including a risotto special and short rib meatballs. The cocktails were also really great and original. Our server was a little weird and talked so much he might as well have sat with us, but other than that we really enjoyed our experience. Only thing to note is the place totally cleared out by like 10pm which we weren't expecting living near ManhattanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't live up to the hype!BummedinPBDined on 11/4/2014Mediocre menu. What he makes on tv looks much better than what this menu offered. Food lacked proper seasoning which affected the taste giving it a mediocre experience from appetizer to dessert. Recommended by several people. Maybe they had a different menu? I had a crab pasta & the asparagus dish for an appetizer. The crab had a strong odor & the dish itself was pretty tasteless. Also had the asparagus appetizer & the asparagus was quite crunchy & a little more bitter. It wasn't awful but I was looking for more than okSpecial Features:
- Yountville GemgagmeDined on 11/3/2014Second visit here and everything was much improved. Very popular spot so reserve early if you want a table at a "normal" time for dinner. Both of us had fish courses and fish appears to be their forte. Was not impressed with meat dishes last time there.Special Features: