Bottega Napa Valley
6525 Washington Street Suite A9
Yountville, CA 94599Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Bottega Napa Valley
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.botteganapavalley.com/
- Phone: 7079451050x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:30am -2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm -
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Chiarello
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Kellie Magna at 707-754-4467 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Bottega Napa Valley
Chef Michael Chiarello has returned to his culinary roots by creating seasonal farm-to-table Italian cuisine reflecting the bold flavors of Chiarello’s heritage in his signature style 1st made famous at Tra Vigne in the 90’s. An award winning chef/vintner & Food Network host, Chiarello celebrates his Italian roots and the Napa Valley with a menu echoing his long practice of using the finest locally/sustainably produced food. Located in Yountville, in the heart of the Napa Valley, Bottega’s extensive wine list represents hard-to-find favorites of the Valley and interesting Italian selections. Chiarello restored the integrity of an old 1800’s estate by uncovering beautiful hard wood floors, timber beams, old brick walls and windows. The inviting dining room is accented with reclaimed antiques, warm fabrics and eclectic light fixtures lending to the restaurant’s old world comfort.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bottega Napa Valley - Best Restaurants in Yountville ›
Bottega Napa Valley reviews from OpenTable diners
729 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (477)special occasion (413)great for outdoor dining (358)notable wine list (335)romantic (286)good for groups (210)great for lunch (186)hot spot (185)neighborhood gem (143)vibrant bar scene (103)scenic view (58)great for brunch (51)kid-friendly (33)late-night find (28)Show More
- Didn't meet expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014We had high expectations since Bottega was highly recommended bt the concierge of our hotel and it was so difficult to get a reservation. Also being run by famous chef we hoped it would be spectacular. However food was just average and service was barely average.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/17/2014Good, not great. Appetizers were very good, but the entrees were just okay. Service was attentive, but they brought one wrong entree. Disappointing, because previous visits were much better. Unsure if we will return
- Enjoyable nightTraveller01Dined on 9/16/2014It's all about the food - and it was really good, together with excellent service. Thank you.Special Features:
- ToastVIPDined on 9/14/2014Food is always amazing. I have been there several times, and this was the first time that the server just seemed annoyed with everything. But that won't stop me from returning on my next visit to Napa. One of my favorite restaurants!Special Features:
- Great placeJerryDined on 9/14/2014Outstanding food and exceptional service. Will go again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinnerFoodie912Dined on 9/13/2014The braised short ribs were excellent! Found a tasty bottle of our favorite wine for a fair price. Expected a better caprese for such a widely known Italian restaurant. Loved the complimentary Parmesan spread for bread. All in all a delight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellencetomuchtravelVIPDined on 9/13/2014Excellent! Every aspect... Excellent! Service was outstanding! Server had a deep knowledge about ingredients and taste characteristics. Wine list was excellent and well priced. Management was attentive and actively involved in the whole production. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome0524Dined on 9/13/2014The food and service are outstanding. Portion size is perfect. Not too much, not too little. Presentation is beautiful.Special Features:
- Service not greatLuvfoodDined on 9/13/2014Otherwise would be a 5. Sat for about 40 minutes waiting for drink order. Sat another 20 minutes before waiter came to take order. Waiter not attentive tax all till time to order dessert and bring check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrongmissusb702Dined on 9/13/2014Enjoyed a dinner to celebrate wedding anniversary. Service attentive and professional. Food was expertly prepared, tastefully plated, and so flavorful. All entrees sounded so wonderful, was a bit difficult to decide what to have. Had the lamb rack prepared as suggested by waiter, even though when appeared it was rarer than I liked. Was not disappointed; it was tender and just firm enough and the polenta it was served on was smooth as silk. Husband had the "falling of the bone" (literally) short ribs. Only disappointment was that a wine we had there previously was no longer offered. Understand, tho, that with so many fantastic wines available, they have to keep their wine list current.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bottega DeliversjimnanyDined on 9/13/2014This was the 4th time we have eaten at this restaurant and it was enjoyable every time. Always hard to get into but not impossible. Make reservations a week + in advance. Wait staff have always been on top of their game and the food was also very good. Not an overly large, but adequate menu with several interesting items. It might be a bit sophisticated for young children but there have been children there on most occasions and nobody was bothered or seemed to react negatively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatThomasDined on 9/13/2014We came in with high expectations but came away disappointed. The food was very good but not exceptional. The noise level was loud enough to bother us-- background music was noisy and too disco. The service was good but we felt a bit rushedSpecial Features:
- Great for groupsRSFTravelerVIPDined on 9/13/2014We came with a group of 12 and were treated to the private wine cellar dining room. The bread with Parmesan was delicious, and we enjoyed the charcuterie board, the tomato salad, octopus, salmon risotto, bolognese pasta, short rib cheeseburger and many other dishes. Great service, good iced tea, tasty fare and a cool dining room. We would definitely return.Special Features:
- BottegaFoodaliciousVIPDined on 9/13/2014Luv Bottega! My husband and I had the Grilled Short Rib Cheeseburger for lunch. I think I heard angels singing when I took a bite! It was AWESOME. Go & order it!Special Features:
- Great food, but a little loud...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014We loved the food and wine. Overall ambience, style, and setting was wonderful. Unfortunately, the set up makes it very difficult for a party of two to enjoy a conversation when seated next to or near large groups (those of 6 or more). We were not the only two top that felt the noise volume was a little over the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bottegacatfishDined on 9/12/2014It's a happening place. Always delicious - never been disappointed in food or service. My only complaint is the noise level - very loud, but not sure what can be done to improve it. It's a world class establishment that I've never grown tired of. Great place to bring out of town guests. I do have one suggestion which is lowering the corkage fee for us locals - it's steep!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dineatBottegaDined on 9/12/2014Our server, Ed, was great. The menu is very creative and food is deliciousSpecial Features:
- DisappointmentCam77Dined on 9/11/2014Beautiful place. Pretentious waiter couldn't be bothered with us, it was 9pm and must have been past his bedtime. Food inconsistent. Appetizers very good.. Try polenta under glass. Pastas over cooked over seasoned. Skip the farfalle and raviloa. Risotto very tasty . Chicken was OK. Go to dunkin donuts for dessert if you want zeppoles, theirs are better. Oh and be prepared to be told the correct way to eat them.
- fair, would not revisitgardenfoodieDined on 9/11/2014Food was ok, so many better choices in the Napa Valley. Would have a higher rating if it was located in a suburban town. Waiter did not do anything to add to the experience. Was a little impressed with himself. Would not recommend or revisit unless a friend dragged me there.
- Very disappointedALC1986Dined on 9/10/2014My husband and I were so excited to eat at Bottega while in Napa, but were sadly very disappointed. The ambiance in the restaurant was fantastic, but the food and the service were lacking. My husband ordered the duck and it was extremely dry. I ordered the gnocchi for my main course and it was bland. Also, service was very slow. We were at the restaurant for 1 1/2-2 hours and only ordered 2 courses of food.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/10/2014Bottega is not the same. Polenta under glass is a much smaller portion and lacked a vibrant taste. The cavatelli dish was uninspiring and would have been chopped on the Food Network. Our waiter was not attentive and looked like he just crawled out of a bar. Michael is not bringing his A game at Bottega.Special Features:
- The Cal-Italian ExperienceLarryTVIPDined on 9/10/2014Celebrity Chef Michael Chiarello's flagship, the food here marries together the best of the old and new world seamlessly. Nice sized portions, well prepared and well presented. Certainly worth a visit. The Tiramisu is exceptional.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceFarndogVIPDined on 9/10/2014We've wanted to get to Bottega on previous trips to Napa Valley, but this was the first time. Great food and service! The Parmesan spread for the bread is fabulous, along with the pork and apple dish, and polenta under glass. We've eaten a lot of places in the valley and this may be our favorite.Special Features:
- Great nightNeighborhoodVIPDined on 9/10/2014We had a table of 8 and were seated in a small room. It was perfect. We all loved our meals. Thanks for a perfect dinner!Special Features:
- Needs leadershipJamesVIPDined on 9/9/2014Surprising with such a reputation that my experience was so average. From a bartender who clearly was too busy to take care of his customers at the bar (1 bartender who continuously made comments and barked at servers and did not offer a second drink when asked for a menu) to average disconnected food in the restaurant. Even when cold food was returned, management continued stocking side stations instead of leading their restaurant and talking to customers.Special Features:
- Great for special occasionsDiningDined on 9/9/2014I took my girlfriend here for her birthday and had a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy in NapaRedmarnaDined on 9/9/2014With no surprise, Michael Chiarello makes your meal at Bottega a wonderful experience. Food, wine, ambiance all are the components for a great time. I especially loved the Raviolo as my first course. Don't miss Michael's delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Indifferent service.dineraceDined on 9/9/2014Had excellent food. Very imaginative. Great fresh ingredients. Not the standard fare. Patio dining was marred by bothersome flies. Service was competent but not especially friendly. Patrons who ordered wine seemed to get all the attention. Great food but not a stellar dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday Blues :(OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2014Booked this restaurant, was unsure at beginning, should have gone with my gut. As a group, only 1 out of 4 diners thought it was okay. Maybe I ordered the wrong dish? Also the restaurant was very quiet, but guessing Monday a slow day. We went for drinks on Sunday and that was a better night. Our server was a little miserable, that also made the night awkward on Monday. I would have to try it again next time I visit Wine country just to be fair.Special Features:
- Bottega is a gem!!pdxfoodieDined on 9/8/2014Wonderful restaurant in all aspects of fine dining. Great food and service, the server was very helpful in our wine selection. Would definitely recommend Bottega as a place to dine while in Napa Valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The "BEST"OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014One of the best restaurants I have ever eaten at. This includes food, service, and ambience. Surprisingly, very affordable in the scheme of things. Less expensive than some of the other restaurants in Napa Valley. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Not imoressedMammamoranoDined on 9/7/2014The atmosphere was delightful. But I personally am a foodie and I was not impressed! Had a short rib with 3 dry polenta balls with 2 tbs. of sautéed greens. Meat was dry polenta balls were tasteless. The greens were okey. I don't mind the cost but the food did not meet my expectations. So sorry to have to write this, but you asked. Now, we also went to Tra Vigne and I will give you a 👍up.....thank you Marlene 💋
- SonomaguyDined on 9/7/2014Food was very good but not exceptional. Wine list is very thin for "by the glass".Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Everything we had was delicious, next time in this area we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best meals everOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/7/2014Bottega was our must-do on our trip and we were not disappointed. We elected to go for lunch and easily got a weekend reservation. The server was friendly, knowledgeable and extremely helpful, and the food was absolutely delicious. We had the salumi and cheese platter, shaved Brussels sprout salad, oriecchette and smoked and braised short ribs, and enjoyed each dish immensely, as well as the peach sage torte and tiramisu. I would highly recommend Bottega to anyone in the general area looking for a wonderful meal in a delightful setting.Special Features:
- Great AgainJemonfuVIPDined on 9/6/2014We are fortunate to have eaten here a few months ago. This weekend did not disappoint. The service was great, the food was fabulous. We will be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Napa LunchThanksDined on 9/6/2014This was out second trip. Great food and service again. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yountville gemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Bottega is just simply wonderful. The ambience, service and, of course, the food are top notch. We are repeat customers (primarily lunch) and it is always a pleasure. If you haven't tried it and are in the area, it's a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hostess?KjkpDined on 9/5/2014Server was great food awesome but we wanted to run at hostess desk. It was I'm too busy for you. No eye contact. No acknowledgment. No guidance on where to wait for our table. Once we figured that out all was enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little differentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/5/2014It was not exactly what I expected after visiting a few other restaurants in Napa so far this week. It feels a little more "commercial" than the downtown restaurants. The menu had a good variety, but I personally feel like it tried to be too creative or too complicated, it doesn't allow the natural flavors to shine through as much.