Bottega Napa Valley
6525 Washington Street Suite A9
Yountville, CA 94599Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Bottega Napa Valley
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.botteganapavalley.com/
- Phone: 7079451050x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:30am -2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm -
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Chiarello
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Kellie Magna at 707-754-4467 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Bottega Napa Valley
Chef Michael Chiarello has returned to his culinary roots by creating seasonal farm-to-table Italian cuisine reflecting the bold flavors of Chiarello’s heritage in his signature style 1st made famous at Tra Vigne in the 90’s. An award winning chef/vintner & Food Network host, Chiarello celebrates his Italian roots and the Napa Valley with a menu echoing his long practice of using the finest locally/sustainably produced food. Located in Yountville, in the heart of the Napa Valley, Bottega’s extensive wine list represents hard-to-find favorites of the Valley and interesting Italian selections. Chiarello restored the integrity of an old 1800’s estate by uncovering beautiful hard wood floors, timber beams, old brick walls and windows. The inviting dining room is accented with reclaimed antiques, warm fabrics and eclectic light fixtures lending to the restaurant’s old world comfort.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bottega Napa Valley - Best Restaurants in Yountville ›
Bottega Napa Valley reviews from OpenTable diners
738 reviews since May 17, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (487)special occasion (426)great for outdoor dining (363)notable wine list (347)romantic (301)good for groups (208)great for lunch (187)hot spot (187)neighborhood gem (140)vibrant bar scene (104)scenic view (61)great for brunch (49)kid-friendly (33)late-night find (27)Show More
- Great for groupsRSFTravelerVIPDined on 9/13/2014We came with a group of 12 and were treated to the private wine cellar dining room. The bread with Parmesan was delicious, and we enjoyed the charcuterie board, the tomato salad, octopus, salmon risotto, bolognese pasta, short rib cheeseburger and many other dishes. Great service, good iced tea, tasty fare and a cool dining room. We would definitely return.Special Features:
- bottegacatfishDined on 9/12/2014It's a happening place. Always delicious - never been disappointed in food or service. My only complaint is the noise level - very loud, but not sure what can be done to improve it. It's a world class establishment that I've never grown tired of. Great place to bring out of town guests. I do have one suggestion which is lowering the corkage fee for us locals - it's steep!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014Our server, Ed, was great. The menu is very creative and food is deliciousSpecial Features:
- DisappointmentCam77Dined on 9/11/2014Beautiful place. Pretentious waiter couldn't be bothered with us, it was 9pm and must have been past his bedtime. Food inconsistent. Appetizers very good.. Try polenta under glass. Pastas over cooked over seasoned. Skip the farfalle and raviloa. Risotto very tasty . Chicken was OK. Go to dunkin donuts for dessert if you want zeppoles, theirs are better. Oh and be prepared to be told the correct way to eat them.
- fair, would not revisitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2014Food was ok, so many better choices in the Napa Valley. Would have a higher rating if it was located in a suburban town. Waiter did not do anything to add to the experience. Was a little impressed with himself. Would not recommend or revisit unless a friend dragged me there.
- Very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/10/2014My husband and I were so excited to eat at Bottega while in Napa, but were sadly very disappointed. The ambiance in the restaurant was fantastic, but the food and the service were lacking. My husband ordered the duck and it was extremely dry. I ordered the gnocchi for my main course and it was bland. Also, service was very slow. We were at the restaurant for 1 1/2-2 hours and only ordered 2 courses of food.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/10/2014Bottega is not the same. Polenta under glass is a much smaller portion and lacked a vibrant taste. The cavatelli dish was uninspiring and would have been chopped on the Food Network. Our waiter was not attentive and looked like he just crawled out of a bar. Michael is not bringing his A game at Bottega.Special Features:
- The Cal-Italian ExperienceLarryTVIPDined on 9/10/2014Celebrity Chef Michael Chiarello's flagship, the food here marries together the best of the old and new world seamlessly. Nice sized portions, well prepared and well presented. Certainly worth a visit. The Tiramisu is exceptional.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceFarndogVIPDined on 9/10/2014We've wanted to get to Bottega on previous trips to Napa Valley, but this was the first time. Great food and service! The Parmesan spread for the bread is fabulous, along with the pork and apple dish, and polenta under glass. We've eaten a lot of places in the valley and this may be our favorite.Special Features:
- Great nightNeighborhoodVIPDined on 9/10/2014We had a table of 8 and were seated in a small room. It was perfect. We all loved our meals. Thanks for a perfect dinner!Special Features:
- Needs leadershipJamesVIPDined on 9/9/2014Surprising with such a reputation that my experience was so average. From a bartender who clearly was too busy to take care of his customers at the bar (1 bartender who continuously made comments and barked at servers and did not offer a second drink when asked for a menu) to average disconnected food in the restaurant. Even when cold food was returned, management continued stocking side stations instead of leading their restaurant and talking to customers.Special Features:
- Great for special occasionsDiningDined on 9/9/2014I took my girlfriend here for her birthday and had a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy in NapaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/9/2014With no surprise, Michael Chiarello makes your meal at Bottega a wonderful experience. Food, wine, ambiance all are the components for a great time. I especially loved the Raviolo as my first course. Don't miss Michael's delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Indifferent service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014Had excellent food. Very imaginative. Great fresh ingredients. Not the standard fare. Patio dining was marred by bothersome flies. Service was competent but not especially friendly. Patrons who ordered wine seemed to get all the attention. Great food but not a stellar dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bottega is a gem!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/8/2014Wonderful restaurant in all aspects of fine dining. Great food and service, the server was very helpful in our wine selection. Would definitely recommend Bottega as a place to dine while in Napa Valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The "BEST"OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014One of the best restaurants I have ever eaten at. This includes food, service, and ambience. Surprisingly, very affordable in the scheme of things. Less expensive than some of the other restaurants in Napa Valley. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Not imoressedMammamoranoDined on 9/7/2014The atmosphere was delightful. But I personally am a foodie and I was not impressed! Had a short rib with 3 dry polenta balls with 2 tbs. of sautéed greens. Meat was dry polenta balls were tasteless. The greens were okey. I don't mind the cost but the food did not meet my expectations. So sorry to have to write this, but you asked. Now, we also went to Tra Vigne and I will give you a 👍up.....thank you Marlene 💋
- SonomaguyDined on 9/7/2014Food was very good but not exceptional. Wine list is very thin for "by the glass".Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Everything we had was delicious, next time in this area we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best meals everOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/7/2014Bottega was our must-do on our trip and we were not disappointed. We elected to go for lunch and easily got a weekend reservation. The server was friendly, knowledgeable and extremely helpful, and the food was absolutely delicious. We had the salumi and cheese platter, shaved Brussels sprout salad, oriecchette and smoked and braised short ribs, and enjoyed each dish immensely, as well as the peach sage torte and tiramisu. I would highly recommend Bottega to anyone in the general area looking for a wonderful meal in a delightful setting.Special Features:
- Great AgainJemonfuVIPDined on 9/6/2014We are fortunate to have eaten here a few months ago. This weekend did not disappoint. The service was great, the food was fabulous. We will be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Napa LunchThanksDined on 9/6/2014This was out second trip. Great food and service again. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yountville gemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Bottega is just simply wonderful. The ambience, service and, of course, the food are top notch. We are repeat customers (primarily lunch) and it is always a pleasure. If you haven't tried it and are in the area, it's a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hostess?KjkpDined on 9/5/2014Server was great food awesome but we wanted to run at hostess desk. It was I'm too busy for you. No eye contact. No acknowledgment. No guidance on where to wait for our table. Once we figured that out all was enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little differentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/5/2014It was not exactly what I expected after visiting a few other restaurants in Napa so far this week. It feels a little more "commercial" than the downtown restaurants. The menu had a good variety, but I personally feel like it tried to be too creative or too complicated, it doesn't allow the natural flavors to shine through as much.
- Bottega 2014 wine tripTop5nightDined on 9/5/2014Bottega is always a must go place when in Napa. the food and service were top notch just what you would expect from them. You have to try every course and a great bottle of wine before you will let your self leave. Awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing at best...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014Food was ok, nothing superb. Not what was expected from a restaurant of this status. Wife's lamb was bland and overcooked. Our service was horrible, guy was running around like crazy. Not a complete loss, risotto was excellent and the prices were fair. Still cant recommend for a busy evening.
- SpectacularWineDivaDined on 9/5/2014Michael Chiarello does not disappoint. The polenta under glass was amazing and the short rib meatballs were the best meatballs I've ever eaten. The risotto was so good I wanted to lick the plate. I've been to this restaurant at least 6 times, and it is consistently fabulous. Highly recommend for anyone going to Napa.Special Features:
- Favorite Napa Valley restaurant!JeffinMDRDined on 9/5/2014Even if you're not hungry, go to Bottega for their ricotta gnocchi! Honestly, the best Italian entree I have EVER had in my whole life. I usually order an order for appetizer, and then another for my main entree. Can't have enough! Melts in your mouth!Special Features:
- YummmmMelissaDined on 9/3/2014Didn't know where to go for my birthday dinner and Bottega was recommended by one of the wineries we stopped at. So glad we decided to go there. What a beautiful place and delicious food! They serve this garlic spread with their bread which I couldn't stop eating, it was SO good. My boyfriend and I both got the braised short rib and shared the truffle fries. Everything was delicious! For dessert we shared the tiramisu, which was different than any tiramisu I've ever had. There was a thin layer of chocolate in some of he layers which added a crunch. Very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service took away from foodwinendineVIPDined on 9/3/2014We recently hosted family for lunch at Bottega. While the food was excellent, the waiter's lack of eye contact and apparent lack of interest detracted from the experience . We had to ask for bread - he looked like he would rather have been somewhere else. The table behind us had a very loud guest also which did not make the dining experience a memorable one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Wine & FoodSMULawyerDined on 9/1/2014Wow. First time and it was amazing. Food was great and the wine list is excellent. Loved the Giana Zin so much we came back the next day & bought more from Napa Style.Special Features:
- Disappointing....WDW6314Dined on 9/1/2014We had looked forward to visiting this restaurant, but we were very disappointed with the food. I think in an effort to be "inventive" the lost the actual taste of the dishes.
- overratedmissedDined on 9/1/2014All of our friends loved this place. There were three of us and the seating was ok. the "water glasses" were heavy metal and quite unattractive for drinking water from. The food was delicious and unique. However they served the truffle fries BEFORE dinner which made us so full that it was difficult to enjoy the more subtle foods. There were seats outside which I think might have made the ambience better and that might have set the tone for the dinner.Special Features:
- Wedding Weekend Special Mealnorcalfoodie2Dined on 9/1/2014Our daughter and new son-in-law joined us for lunch at Bottega on Labor Day, on their wedding weekend. Always one of our favorite spots for special occasions, Bottega lived up to our lavish praise to our two guests, who live in Washington, DC. The service was impeccable, our waiter friendly, well-informed, and not intrusive. I had two dishes I'd not tried before, the brussels sprouts salad--so inventively prepared!--and the pesce di jorno, a perfectly prepared sole. All four of us felt that we'd been treated to the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BottegaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/1/2014Service was excellent. Food was very good. Gnocchi and risotto were delicious.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014We had a reservation and ended up having to wait 20 minutes to be seated. The service was terrible and the food was the biggest let down. Do not get the spaghetti and if you order the ravioli, you should note, there is only one.Special Features:
- Delicious but pretty slowKMS213Dined on 8/31/2014Had reservations here and still had to wait over 30 minutes to be seated and the hostess was not very welcoming or apologetic about it. The food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad experienceJW3700VIPDined on 8/31/2014The food was very good, but the experience was terrible. It was extremely hot inside, and we had flies buzzing us the entire meal. Our waiter never refilled our drinks, so we stayed hot and thirsty for the entire meal.Special Features:
- Dinner service is betterIrmsVIPDined on 8/31/2014I have recently dined here before for dinner with my wife and we always had excellent service. This past weekend we had 2 friends visiting from L.A. And wanted them to experience great Italian food for lunch here. We were having a great time and enjoyed our food, but our server forgot about us and didn't really check upon us to see if we needed anything else. I asked for more bread twice, and when be brought it he placed it one of my plates instead of grabbing a new serving plate. Also, the server brought out 2 out of 4 dishes instead of all 4 at the same time, so we waited until we got the rest. All together we were there for 2 hours which was too long and didn't need to take so much time. Dinner service is far better than lunch.Special Features: