Bottega Napa Valley
6525 Washington Street Suite A9
Yountville, CA 94599Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Bottega Napa Valley
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.botteganapavalley.com/
- Phone: 7079451050x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:30am -2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm -
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Chiarello
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Kellie Magna at 707-754-4467 or email: email@example.com
A word from Bottega Napa Valley
Chef Michael Chiarello has returned to his culinary roots by creating seasonal farm-to-table Italian cuisine reflecting the bold flavors of Chiarello’s heritage in his signature style 1st made famous at Tra Vigne in the 90’s. An award winning chef/vintner & Food Network host, Chiarello celebrates his Italian roots and the Napa Valley with a menu echoing his long practice of using the finest locally/sustainably produced food. Located in Yountville, in the heart of the Napa Valley, Bottega’s extensive wine list represents hard-to-find favorites of the Valley and interesting Italian selections. Chiarello restored the integrity of an old 1800’s estate by uncovering beautiful hard wood floors, timber beams, old brick walls and windows. The inviting dining room is accented with reclaimed antiques, warm fabrics and eclectic light fixtures lending to the restaurant’s old world comfort.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bottega Napa Valley - Best Restaurants in Yountville ›
Bottega Napa Valley reviews from OpenTable diners
697 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (459)special occasion (413)great for outdoor dining (338)notable wine list (318)romantic (299)good for groups (191)great for lunch (177)hot spot (169)neighborhood gem (130)vibrant bar scene (97)scenic view (56)great for brunch (50)kid-friendly (30)late-night find (25)Show More
- FantasticjcjmcVIPDined on 8/28/2014Had a lovely dinner at Bottega. Our server/sommelier, Eric, was knowledgable and engaging. He helped us select an amazing dinner and paired a wine with each course for each of us that both complimented the food and challenged our palate. The polenta under glass appetizer was unique and not to be missed. I will be craving that giant ravioli with the egg and truffles until we return to the valley. Other highlights were the lamb with fig entree and the Brussels sprout salad app. Highly recommend a visit to Bottega-- not to be missedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off the chartsDavidDined on 8/27/2014Exceptional. Ambiance, service, quality...perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OK!DegustatorDined on 8/27/2014Visited the restaurant with another couple for dinner after a day crusing through Nappa. In short, the food is just OK. Was not impressed with their portions nor the taste. It's wasn't terrible.......just an OK restaurant with somewhat weird presentation choices, such as, in glass jars which really did not suite the dish or compliment it for sharing (tiremessu in a jar didn't work)
- Not HappyOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/27/2014The waiter made a comment to one of the diners regarding the truffle fries that I had ordered on the menu. As he made the comment, he looked at me with a smirk, and said, " The truffle fries are useless." If the waiter has a negative opinion about a menu item, he should either keep it to himself, or express to management offline away from diners. I didn't catch the waiter's name, but he was heavy set with light sandy brown hair and a moustache.Special Features:
- Aug 27 visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014We were seated within 5 min of our reservation, but took 1/2 hour to get a drink and wine. My Branzino was excellent, but my wife's lamb chops were rare and blah- we cook them at home with parsley- garlic crust so much better. Appetizers were great. Overall a little too hyped and a little too big a restaurant to rate 4 stars on ambience, service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- if you like italian...JerseyBluesVIPDined on 8/27/2014We enjoyed a lovely anniversary dinner at Botega. I had a glass of Chiarello ' s cab and have to say it was outstanding if not a little pricy at $34 a glass. The grilled octopus was the highlight and a close second was the smoked and braised short ribsSpecial Features:
- yummyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2014food was fantastic!!! the brussell sprout salad was mind blowing! who knew those little buggers could taste so great! the risotto was perfect with a mushroom sauce and the short ribs were perfectly tender! what a dinner!!!Special Features:
- A lovely experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014This restaurant was recommended by a friend, and after dining there I can understand way. Everyone in our party of four enjoyed their meals, as well as the interesting conversations with the wait staff. Definitely will return, and will absolutely recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better choices availableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014While the food was OK, it wasn't stellar. What was really subpar was the service. It was slow and when food did arrive, it was simply dropped on the table with the server mumbling about what it was while beating a hasty retreat. Yountville has many better choices. We wouldn't go there again and would not recommend it.
- Lovely wine country dining!MarinfoodieDined on 8/25/2014Love this restaurant. Capable staff, delicious food, beautiful room. Also love the seasonal changing menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great low key, casual dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014A lovely casual option in yountville, still jolly good food & service, but a nice alternative to some of it's more full on neighbors!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to be a great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2014This is the 3rd or 4th time my wife and I have eaten at Bottega. Every time has been excellent and the food a new experience. It is hard to choose, but everything is fresh and of the highest quality. My wife had the whole Branzino fish this time and declared it better than the same dish at Mario Batali's Esca restaurant in NYC. She also had the Octopus appetizer and it was as tender as could be. We have never been disappointed here and always find something new and exciting to try for the first time.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014A big hit with our group. Didn't even know it was Chiarello, so that was bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10 year anniversaryzjivaroDined on 8/24/2014Took my wife and friends here on a recent visit to Napa and it was as expected, stylish, Napaesquest, inviting, romantic, great service, wonderful appetizers, would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhenomenaljessDined on 8/24/2014I wanted to try Bittega on our last trip out to Napa but they were full! This time I made sure I made it a must and made reservations ahead. They are so professional as they call to confirm days ahead and are extremely accommodating to any request! The good was phenomenal and out if this world! Definitely a must to go to! Made our anniversary fantastic:) love Michael Chiarello as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely!TM82VIPDined on 8/24/2014We had a lovely meal at Bottega. One of the best wine lists we have ever seen, and a beautiful space. The food was good overall, some better than others. Grilled octopus starter was just ok. Caprese was beautiful and delicious - definitely a highlight. Farfalle with peekytoe crab and peas was fresh and light. Lamb entree was good. Pork entree was epic - we have never seen or had a pork preparation like that, even in Spain. Service was excellent. While we were waiting to be seated, we saw/heard the Manager address the hostess very rudely/curtly for several minutes. She even told him that we could hear him, and he didn't stop. Definitely one of the most unprofessional things I have ever seen in an upscale restaurant.Special Features:
- great napa findOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014The food was so wonderfully prepared, with the taste from each bite of the dishes was bursting with flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/23/2014We were excited to be dining Bottega and to celebrate our niece's 21st birthday with a special bottle of French wine from her birth year. Our experience did not live up to expectations. Our server appeared annoyed and rushed and set an unfortunate tone for the evening. We were seated at an outdoor table near a bussing station. Table would have been ok had it not been for unfriendly greeting by host and server. Sommelier was very nice but our attempts to contact him in advance and drop off wine for decanting were unsuccessful. Will not return to Bottega on future visits to wine country. Food was fine, but service was disappointing particularly for such a highly regarded restaurant.Special Features:
- Good food, bad service.sharonbVIPDined on 8/23/2014The porchetta was excellent, and the other food very good. Service was not; woman at front desk was unfriendly and inexact about our table. It took us forever to get an order in, receive food, etc. We ordered a bottle of wine; waiter asked us what brand of wine we had brought in from the bar. We weren't sure, as the bartender was busy, so we just asked for Pinot. The waiter thought it was one kind, but offered "to bring us clean glasses, anyway" for the new bottle. I have never had a waiter suggest that I drink out of used glasses for a new bottle of wine - inexcusable! I saw other people waiting around forever for food or for a server to notice them - I won't be back. Used to go for lunch, but then Michael Chiarello was on-site.Special Features:
- Met our expectationsBigfoodogVIPDined on 8/23/2014Many great places to eat in the Napa region but this one is a must try, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Fabulous!MALNDined on 8/23/2014This was our second visit, but a first for our friends. We had a fabulous meal! We enjoy drinks at the bar, were escorted to our table, ordered appetizers and salads to share, meals, and even a dessert or two. Everything was done with professionalism and sophistication and tasted fabulous. A definite place to return to again and again. Thank you.Special Features:
- Amazing dinnerWinefoodie2Dined on 8/22/2014We have been to Bottega before, but we never sat outside or had the polenta. Oh my gosh, it was Awesome! We will definitely be back, next time for my husbands birthday in October!Special Features:
- PerfectDarCVIPDined on 8/22/2014Wanted to try this place for a while: came tonight with a special out of town guest ... We shared an heirloom tomato and buratta salad that was out of this world. The polenta was fantastic and even the asparagus side was great! My friend got the pork special which was amazing! Great wine and excellent service on an incredible outdoor patio - the perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at BoteggaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014Really enjoyed dinner at Bottega. Meal was excellent - flavors were amazing. Murphy was a great waiter! Really enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio dining is superbLoveNapaareadiningDined on 8/22/2014We really having meeting friends for a jovial time on the large patio. It's fun, the food is great and always a great wine list. Super great pick!Special Features:
- Fantastic meal!Ladibugg237Dined on 8/21/2014We highly enjoyed our dinner at Bottega. We started with a tuna tartare/sashimi appetizer, which was a perfect start to the meal. We followed by sharing the lasagna and the bronzini. I recommend sharing as the dishes came out separately and were a great size to share. Everything about dinner was wonderful, from the food to the view. I highly recommend this restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A total disappointment.Napa123VIPDined on 8/21/2014From start to finish, this restaurant was a complete disappointment in every way. The food quality and taste were both terrible. The flavors were horrible and poorly executed. These flaws could have been helped slightly if the food quality used wasn't as poor quality as it was.
- Excellent dining experience!LisaDined on 8/21/2014Ambiance. Impeccable service. Unique presentation of plates. Extensive wine list. Been wanting to try it for past couple of visits to Napa. Was not disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family visitNapa99peaks1palDined on 8/20/2014This is my second visit and was supprised again with a great experience - service was very nice- food had fresh favors- pasta was perfect- thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pickyeaterpickyeaterDined on 8/20/2014Our second time here. Excellent as always. We tried for a 6-6:30 reservation but we were told there was no room. We turned up anyway at 6 pm and we were seated right away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't Live Up to HypegratefulvegDined on 8/18/2014We wanted to love Bottega - every review we read online praised the restaurant so we expected a really delicious and satisfying meal. Unfortunately, we found the food bland, the cream sauces watery, and the homemade pasta under-cooked. When we sent back a dish because no one at our table liked it, our waiter generously replaced it with a different dish. However, overall, our experience with our waiter was disappointing. He never made eye contact with us (very strange) and lacked the energy and warmth of the waiters we experienced at many other Napa Valley restaurants. If you want great Italian food in Napa, it definitely exists! But Bottega isn't it.
- Italian with a California TwistStephanieDined on 8/17/2014We had an excellent meal at Bottega. The gnocchi reminded me of my Grandmother's and the short ribs were cooked to perfection. Bottega is simple food that is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a treat...RickDined on 8/17/2014We were in Napa for a family reunion, but had a night to ourselves before we left. We found Bottega and, as my title says, "What a treat." The food was superb, service fabulous, and just a wonderful evening. Hats off to Bottega!Special Features:
- Amazing as AlwaysdelicioVIPDined on 8/17/2014Bottega, once again, provided a superior experience. The food, service and ambiance are amazing. Bottega should be a "go-to" place for anyone living in the Bay Area.Special Features:
- Still Outstanding !JackMackVIPDined on 8/17/2014It has been 3-4 months since last visit to Bottega. Nothing has changed except heirloom tomatoes in caprese salad were more in season. Short rib cheeseburger still best burger anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would I Return? I Don't Know.JimBDined on 8/16/2014Greeting by staff was perfect and the server was polite. When we were served the antipasti, the insalata mista was overly salty and had to be remade (a salty salad???), primi piatti orders were completely mixed up and needed to be sorted out. One order, the uni pasta, was completely incorrect and the correct dish had to be made while the other 3 plates were left on the table. The server quickly admitted that the mistake was her's alone. Food wise, my fettuccine was just good, overly rich - to the point that I was full only after a few bites. Those who ordered the pasta with meat sauce complained of saltiness and lack of sauce relative to ground beef. My wife, however, absolutely loved the sea urchin pasta. We are likely not to return.Special Features:
- Gnocchi to die for2BudsVIPDined on 8/16/2014And I know gnocchi! The one restaurant I was hyped up about visiting on my first trip to Napa, did not disappoint in any regard.
- Out of this world!!!!HaitiDined on 8/16/2014We had a terrific dinner at Bottega. The service was phenomenal, the wine delicious and the food extraordinary!!!! Make sure you order the ravioli with the egg yolk topped with a burnt butter sage sauce! We will definitely be back. The only thing missing was that we did not get to see the chef.Special Features:
- Benne!freddyperryDined on 8/16/2014We have visited Bottega many times. It is always very special. I always try something new and I have never been disappointed. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- Not a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014We were expecting much more from this famous restaurant.Special Features: