Bottega Napa Valley
6525 Washington Street Suite A9
Yountville, CA 94599Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Bottega Napa Valley
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.botteganapavalley.com/
- Phone: 7079451050x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:30am -2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm -
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Chiarello
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Kellie Magna at 707.754.4467 or email: email@example.com
A word from Bottega Napa Valley
Chef Michael Chiarello has returned to his culinary roots by creating seasonal farm-to-table Italian cuisine reflecting the bold flavors of Chiarello’s heritage in his signature style 1st made famous at Tra Vigne in the 90’s. An award winning chef/vintner & Food Network host, Chiarello celebrates his Italian roots and the Napa Valley with a menu echoing his long practice of using the finest locally/sustainably produced food. Located in Yountville, in the heart of the Napa Valley, Bottega’s extensive wine list represents hard-to-find favorites of the Valley and interesting Italian selections. Chiarello restored the integrity of an old 1800’s estate by uncovering beautiful hard wood floors, timber beams, old brick walls and windows. The inviting dining room is accented with reclaimed antiques, warm fabrics and eclectic light fixtures lending to the restaurant’s old world comfort.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bottega Napa Valley - Best Restaurants in Yountville ›
Bottega Napa Valley reviews from OpenTable diners
713 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (475)special occasion (406)great for outdoor dining (364)notable wine list (333)romantic (275)good for groups (221)hot spot (190)great for lunch (179)neighborhood gem (149)vibrant bar scene (101)scenic view (54)great for brunch (49)kid-friendly (30)late-night find (29)Show More
- Most excellent diningTarponDined on 9/28/2014This was a great part of the Napa Valley experience we enjoyed this past week. The grounds and the dining area are impeccable as well as the staff. I had flowers sent to our table from when I made the reservation. The staff was real complementary about that touch and enjoyed the fragrances as well as my Lady and I. We will return to this establishment next year, maybe even met Mr. C!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!DcGeorgiaGalVIPDined on 9/26/2014We had a fabulous meal at Bottega. The food is amazing and the ambience is bustling and fun. Our service was very aloof.. Had to literally find our waiter several times during the course of the meal but truly, the Brussel sprout salad is incredible along the with truffle fries. Definitely worth every penny!Special Features:
- Best date nightDateNightMustDined on 9/26/2014Could not have asked for a better place to have a wonderful date. Murph was an amazing server that made us feel very special, like we were VIP's. Could not have had a better night of food and good company and great service.Special Features:
- Small portions.NestorVIPDined on 9/25/2014The food was average and the portions very small. The noise was extremely loud and some of the guests close to us were rowdy and nobody from the restaurant bothered to control them.Special Features:
- absolutely wonderfuldjhdjhVIPDined on 9/25/2014we were visiting from Texas and celebrated my husband's birthday here. food and service were wonderful. great wine list. waiter was very helpful and very good with wine selections. We both had starters, shared a pasta dish for the first course and had our own second course. Risotta of the day and the lamb were perfection. I would highly recommend.Special Features:
- ExcellentMidwestMPHDined on 9/24/2014Wait staff was very knowledgable and enthusiastic about the menu and wine pairing. Food was amazing. Would definitely recommend a stop when visiting Napa Valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday blissMPboVIPDined on 9/24/2014Took some friends for a birthday lunch...most had not been to Bottega before!!! Where overwhelmed with everything.. Food excellent, service a little slow, but all in all great day!!Special Features:
- Great service cocktails and foodKathbDined on 9/23/2014The outdoor seating area was comfortable and well set up for privacy between tables. Food and cocktails were excellent. Service attentive. It was a real treat to be given a GF menu without asking ( had mentioned it in the reservation). Server Craig was amazing. Loved the wine too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatCarolVIPDined on 9/22/2014We enjoyed a lovely evening w/ great wine, food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Best Meal In Napa ValleyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/21/2014We spent four days in Napa Valley, and dined at a number of the high profile restaurants in Yountville and St. Helena. Our favorite overall meal was dinner at Bottega. This restaurant is currently firing on all cylinders. The quality of all dishes was excellent. Extensive and well chosen wine list. Fine dining and professional service in a casual, friendly atmosphere. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- susiekVIPDined on 9/20/2014We had a fantastic experience at Bottega, from start to finish. When we arrived 30 minutes early for our reservation, they didn't bat an eye, and immediately took us to our table. Our server was personable and knowledgeable, elevating the dining experience. The meatballs were a memorable appetizer, cooked rare but with incredible flavor. I ordered the taglialini, and it reminded me how good pasta is supposed to be (but unfortunately, rarely is)--al dente, with an amazing meat and mushroom sugo. It was the perfect plate of pasta. The burger was also excellent. I live in SF, but am already planning a trip back to Bottega!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!Rp1221Dined on 9/19/2014The food is sooo delicious!!! Excellent wine list and excellent entrees on the menu. And the dessert was sooo good!! Highly recommend eating here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Live2EatVIPDined on 9/19/2014This was our second time here. We had calamari forr an appetizer and it was great, the squid ink spread was great. The bread and its accompaning garlic spread was great as well. My wife had the short ribs adnd I had the frutti di mare, both were fantastic. The lava cake for dessert was pretty good, but then again I am not a chocolate lover. We would definitely come back!!Special Features:
- Fantastic Italian foodAntoniaADined on 9/19/2014I have been to restaurants of other celebrity chefs and they really were just tourist traps. I had to try this one since it is owned by one of my favorite chefs. I'm so glad I did. The food was fantastic! If you are in the napa area, you have to try this it... I'm happy to say that it is NOT your typical celebrity chef restaurant. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Napa GemBillDined on 9/18/2014My partner and I have been to this restaurant on several occasions. On every occasion the food has been very good. It is creative and well presented. The wine list is well thought out and not overly long or ponderous. On this particular visit the service was not up to par. We were greeted nicely and take quickly to our table (we had a reservation). Once seated we were given a menu and wine list. It took a few minutes for our waiter to introduce himself and offer a beverage. We asked for water and received that fairly quickly. The waiter did not return to the table for at least 10 minutes before taking our beverage order. Long waits were experienced between each course which we did not see occurring at other tables. Disappointed.Special Features:
- Didn't meet expectationsAC17Dined on 9/17/2014We had high expectations since Bottega was highly recommended bt the concierge of our hotel and it was so difficult to get a reservation. Also being run by famous chef we hoped it would be spectacular. However food was just average and service was barely average.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/17/2014Good, not great. Appetizers were very good, but the entrees were just okay. Service was attentive, but they brought one wrong entree. Disappointing, because previous visits were much better. Unsure if we will return
- Food was Fantastic!Julie85Dined on 9/17/2014The food was AMAZING! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone for lunch or dinner. The outdoor seating was great. The service was very good. We don't normally order an appetizer, entrée and desert, but we definitely did here! The pasta dishes were great and cooked perfectly! This was a great find!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Spectaular food, amazing cocktails and wine and best of all the service was outstanding. We were in Yountville for a week and htis was our favorite by far!!!Special Features:
- Enjoyable nightTraveller01Dined on 9/16/2014It's all about the food - and it was really good, together with excellent service. Thank you.Special Features:
- Expected morewineNdineDined on 9/15/2014The atmosphere was wonderful, the service was a little rushed and impersonal. The food was a mixed bag. Good tomato salad, too sour brussel sprout salad, good lamb but too thick and gummy ravioli with too little filling. Had expected more from the hypeSpecial Features:
- ToastVIPDined on 9/14/2014Food is always amazing. I have been there several times, and this was the first time that the server just seemed annoyed with everything. But that won't stop me from returning on my next visit to Napa. One of my favorite restaurants!Special Features:
- Great placeJerryDined on 9/14/2014Outstanding food and exceptional service. Will go again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinnerFoodie912Dined on 9/13/2014The braised short ribs were excellent! Found a tasty bottle of our favorite wine for a fair price. Expected a better caprese for such a widely known Italian restaurant. Loved the complimentary Parmesan spread for bread. All in all a delight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellencetomuchtravelVIPDined on 9/13/2014Excellent! Every aspect... Excellent! Service was outstanding! Server had a deep knowledge about ingredients and taste characteristics. Wine list was excellent and well priced. Management was attentive and actively involved in the whole production. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome0524Dined on 9/13/2014The food and service are outstanding. Portion size is perfect. Not too much, not too little. Presentation is beautiful.Special Features:
- Service not greatLuvfoodDined on 9/13/2014Otherwise would be a 5. Sat for about 40 minutes waiting for drink order. Sat another 20 minutes before waiter came to take order. Waiter not attentive tax all till time to order dessert and bring check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrongmissusb702Dined on 9/13/2014Enjoyed a dinner to celebrate wedding anniversary. Service attentive and professional. Food was expertly prepared, tastefully plated, and so flavorful. All entrees sounded so wonderful, was a bit difficult to decide what to have. Had the lamb rack prepared as suggested by waiter, even though when appeared it was rarer than I liked. Was not disappointed; it was tender and just firm enough and the polenta it was served on was smooth as silk. Husband had the "falling of the bone" (literally) short ribs. Only disappointment was that a wine we had there previously was no longer offered. Understand, tho, that with so many fantastic wines available, they have to keep their wine list current.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bottega DeliversjimnanyDined on 9/13/2014This was the 4th time we have eaten at this restaurant and it was enjoyable every time. Always hard to get into but not impossible. Make reservations a week + in advance. Wait staff have always been on top of their game and the food was also very good. Not an overly large, but adequate menu with several interesting items. It might be a bit sophisticated for young children but there have been children there on most occasions and nobody was bothered or seemed to react negatively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatThomasDined on 9/13/2014We came in with high expectations but came away disappointed. The food was very good but not exceptional. The noise level was loud enough to bother us-- background music was noisy and too disco. The service was good but we felt a bit rushedSpecial Features:
- Great for groupsRSFTravelerVIPDined on 9/13/2014We came with a group of 12 and were treated to the private wine cellar dining room. The bread with Parmesan was delicious, and we enjoyed the charcuterie board, the tomato salad, octopus, salmon risotto, bolognese pasta, short rib cheeseburger and many other dishes. Great service, good iced tea, tasty fare and a cool dining room. We would definitely return.Special Features:
- BottegaFoodaliciousVIPDined on 9/13/2014Luv Bottega! My husband and I had the Grilled Short Rib Cheeseburger for lunch. I think I heard angels singing when I took a bite! It was AWESOME. Go & order it!Special Features:
- Great food, but a little loud...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014We loved the food and wine. Overall ambience, style, and setting was wonderful. Unfortunately, the set up makes it very difficult for a party of two to enjoy a conversation when seated next to or near large groups (those of 6 or more). We were not the only two top that felt the noise volume was a little over the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bottegacatfishDined on 9/12/2014It's a happening place. Always delicious - never been disappointed in food or service. My only complaint is the noise level - very loud, but not sure what can be done to improve it. It's a world class establishment that I've never grown tired of. Great place to bring out of town guests. I do have one suggestion which is lowering the corkage fee for us locals - it's steep!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dineatBottegaDined on 9/12/2014Our server, Ed, was great. The menu is very creative and food is deliciousSpecial Features:
- DisappointmentCam77Dined on 9/11/2014Beautiful place. Pretentious waiter couldn't be bothered with us, it was 9pm and must have been past his bedtime. Food inconsistent. Appetizers very good.. Try polenta under glass. Pastas over cooked over seasoned. Skip the farfalle and raviloa. Risotto very tasty . Chicken was OK. Go to dunkin donuts for dessert if you want zeppoles, theirs are better. Oh and be prepared to be told the correct way to eat them.
- fair, would not revisitgardenfoodieDined on 9/11/2014Food was ok, so many better choices in the Napa Valley. Would have a higher rating if it was located in a suburban town. Waiter did not do anything to add to the experience. Was a little impressed with himself. Would not recommend or revisit unless a friend dragged me there.
- Very disappointedALC1986Dined on 9/10/2014My husband and I were so excited to eat at Bottega while in Napa, but were sadly very disappointed. The ambiance in the restaurant was fantastic, but the food and the service were lacking. My husband ordered the duck and it was extremely dry. I ordered the gnocchi for my main course and it was bland. Also, service was very slow. We were at the restaurant for 1 1/2-2 hours and only ordered 2 courses of food.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/10/2014Bottega is not the same. Polenta under glass is a much smaller portion and lacked a vibrant taste. The cavatelli dish was uninspiring and would have been chopped on the Food Network. Our waiter was not attentive and looked like he just crawled out of a bar. Michael is not bringing his A game at Bottega.Special Features:
- The Cal-Italian ExperienceLarryTVIPDined on 9/10/2014Celebrity Chef Michael Chiarello's flagship, the food here marries together the best of the old and new world seamlessly. Nice sized portions, well prepared and well presented. Certainly worth a visit. The Tiramisu is exceptional.Special Features: