1729 Maryland Ave
Baltimore, MD 21201Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://bottega1729.com/
- Phone: 4437085709
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Farm to Table, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout
- Private Party Facilities: Private dinners are welcome.
They are served family style, and the entire restaurant is yours.
- Private Party Contact: Adrien 2013031854x
A word from Bottega
BOTTEGA BYOB's daily changing menu is based on the Tuscan philosophy of fresh, seasonal and simple cuisine. Two or three ingredients for each dish. All our flour based pasta such as tortelli and tagliatelle are hand made in house. We only use the best locally sourced meats and freshest fish.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Bottega - Best Restaurants in Station North ›
Bottega reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (125)neighborhood gem (95)special occasion (53)romantic (50)hot spot (37)late-night find (15)good for groups (6)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Special EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014Came to celebrate my 50th birthday with my close girlfriends. The food, ambiance and the service were spectacular! Thank you Bottega for a lovely memory and goodness, don't ever take the tagliatelle off the chalkboard. I've only had comparable in Italy! Brought some beautiful wines to enjoy with the perfect meal. Love the BYOB!!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/25/2014Definitely a foodie find. Bottega's Chef delivers perfection. I do kind of wish they had a wine list but this makes the meal less expensive so that's kind of a plus. The duck leg was amazing. Loved those flavors. And the boar pasta was on point. We ordered another one after we finished the first! And the salted caramel pie was unbelievable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceAndyDined on 9/24/2014There was a short wait for a table in the crowded, small restaurant. The staff especially Ruth were very accommodating. The chicken liver crostini and ricotta-spinach malfatti (dumplings) shared by our party of six were absolutely fantastic. Enjoyed also individually to varying degrees of satisfaction were seafood cioppino (good), braised lamb neck (best), roasted chicken (spicy), and three pappardelles, one with ragout of duck (good), one with ragout of wild boar (very good), and one more simply sauced with tomatoes (also good). Wedges of pie were enjoyed for dessert. One was a dense lemon-scented ricotta cheesecake. Another, even better, included chocolate and sea-salted caramel. Overall, the evening was a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place...2nd timeLaPieVIPDined on 9/24/2014This was our second time visiting Bottega. Another amazing meal! Lamb shank melts in your mouth, and salted caramel chocolate pie / lemon ricotta cheesecake are the perfect endings.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/23/2014Great place! Wonderful, fresh food, good service and BYOB. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unique and consistentShortHornDined on 9/23/2014We enjoyed our third visit to Bottega last night. Because the menu is small but variable, we enjoy picking a past favorite to go with a flavor we haven't tried yet. So far the "greatest hits" are the pork cheeks (who knew they would be so sweet and succulent?), the chicken livers, and the caramel chocolate pie ... but the nettle pasta made the biggest impression! Try it all ... they know how to cook and didn't delegate when they became "the next beg thing".Special Features:
- An exceptional dining experienceLisaSVIPDined on 9/13/2014Bottega has become one of my favorite restaurants in Baltimore. It never fails to please. In fact, each time I go I swear the foods gets better. I highly recommend the spinach malfatti and whole roasted branzino while it lasts.Special Features:
- go for the foodlocalVIPDined on 9/10/2014This is a very small restaurant with a funky decor. You need to embrace the setting. The food is amazing.Enjoy BYOB is a real plusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem!SpeakeasyVIPDined on 9/9/2014I have been looking forward to going to bottega but their reservations are limited due to limited seating. I am so glad I finally had the chance to go! It's byob which I actually enjoy. I had a beet starter and a spinach pasta and it blew my mind. Chris our server was knowledgeable, friendly, and efficient. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal in BaltimoreErinDined on 9/9/2014Every time I eat here, the meal always tops the previous experience. The crostinis, salads, pastas and chocolate caramel pie are always tasty. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/9/2014This was my 3rd visit to Bottega. I always enjoy the food and the casual setting. It is like going to a friend's house for dinner. The only downside is that the menu does not change much. For instance, the pastas have been the same each time even though they, including the Malfatti are good. Overall, still an excellent place to go and the BYOB is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/5/2014Just go there and eat, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- DanBaltimoreDined on 9/5/2014Great food. Best lamb shank I've ever had. BYOB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great Baltimore gem!!!LacontessamaryDined on 9/5/2014Excellent food and service.....reminded me of many of my Tuscan/ Florentine dining experiences!!!!! The waitress could not have been nicer and accommodating! As an artist I would like to see the one plain wall perhaps faux finished and some of the decor looks unfinished ......probably because they are always sooooo booked and busy they ran out of time to finish the decor!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem!sushiloveVIPDined on 9/4/2014Had been looking forward to dining here for months...so glad it finally happened! We were the first table to enter and by the time we left the place was full with the next reservation waiting on the front benches. Service was stellar and the food matched. We tried a bit of everything on the menu...beef tartar (ordered by the 10 year old!), welks, rabbit roulade, two pappardelle dishes--one boar ragu, one duck ragu and had to save room for dessert. We'll definitely be back! Thanks for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- AwesomeMercyManDined on 9/2/2014Funky, casual atmosphere Massively flavorful food Incredibly creative selections Easy going but prompt service Kind of feels like having a friend serving you award winning food at their newly refurbished row home. Our new favorite restaurant, hands down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rustic yet progressiveIcemanDined on 8/30/2014This place is great. It feels more like you're eating at someone's house. Hearty. Delicious. Going to be perfect for fall and winter. Best service I've had in a while. Looking to go back w more people. And it's byob w no corkage so you don't spend $150 for two people. Only problem is trying to get a reservation bc they only seat 15. So plan ahead or eat late after the movies at Charles theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/24/2014love the concept and the fresh, delicious food. front of house, friendly and welcoming and the kitchen lived up to expectations based on the reviews.Special Features:
- A real gem!xinaruthVIPDined on 8/8/2014Bottega is a diamond in the rough on their block - but it's worth the trip! If you eat NOTHING ELSE, by all means, get the Malfatti. It should be required eating, as once you have that dish, you just know you'll be back for more. Service and ambience are both equally charming. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Such a different place!AnonymousVIPDined on 8/7/2014The most important thing, of course, is that the food is outstanding. Add the fact that it's BYOB and you have a marvelous restaurant that's well-worth the cost, which is quite fair for the quality of food. To get all that, you must be able to deal with a certain level of quirkiness. You, the customer, must follow Bottega's rules for the privilege of dining: difficult reservation times, polite but indifferent service, and dining on a schedule (this is not the kind of place you can linger between courses or eat your first course and then decide what to eat next). Some may find the pace too quick. But, don't eat here as a prelude to something else; it is the main event for the evening, even if your reservation is for 6:00. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Peculiar menu on chalk boarddvikibDined on 8/6/2014I literally could not find an entree that appealed to me for dinner on their very limited chalk board menu. I had chocolate caramel pie only which was good but odd for dinner. My friend liked her small portion of beef cheek pasta (no bread was offered). She was told no pie was available for her after she finished her meal. The pies still needed to sit for another half hour. This was a little over an hour after the restaurant opened. Why would the pies not be ready when you only carry 2 desserts? It is BYOB but I did not know that and we were only offered water to drink. I fixed myself dinner when I got home. I eat out at least twice a week but I will not be returning. The high ratings on open table mystify me.
- Incredibly deliciousFeedMeDined on 8/2/2014This was our second time to Bottega and it was as great as the first visit. We had a larger group, 8 of us. I like that the menu changes because it sort of makes you order something new and not fall back on something you tried and enjoyed during a previous visit. We had the tomato panzenella, beef cheeks, pappardelle with rabbit, shrimp with polenta, and of course the salted caramel pie. Our server was great--we all felt like we were at his house. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ValueJackVIPDined on 8/2/2014This was our first time at Bottega, and we will definitely be returning soon. Terrific quality food and a very inventive menu. We highly recommend this dining experience. And the fact that it is BYO makes it an even greater value.Special Features:
- Great FoodClarksburgNJDined on 8/1/2014This restaurant is all about serving what is fresh at the market today. Wonderful tastes and preparation. Very inexpensive, BYOB. We had a 4 course outstanding dinner for $60 a person. Do not come here for the ambiance, it is very rustic and small. 8 small wooden tables and chairs. It is like eating in someone's old kitchen. This is just to let you know it is all about the food, we quite enjoyed the casual setting. Be on time, it is so small they have it timed perfectly for your arrival. Would definitely come back. Off the beaten path neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Bottega is not to be missedDondiDined on 8/1/2014An extraordinary find--intimate, unpretentious setting, small but wonderful selection of appetizers and entrees, fresh, creative. Felt like I was traveling in Europe and came upon a treasure. Omnivores and vegetarians are treated to a memorable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little GemWorthTheDineDined on 8/1/2014By far, best food had for the price in quite a long time. Often a restaurant's reputation or recommendations from a variety of sources have caused me to have high expectations for a chef/restaurant and at minimum an expectation of walking away satisfied - and often, I am left disappointed. That was certainly not the case with Bottega and I will be looking for the next opportunity to return... if I can get a reservation! The fact that the restaurant is BYOB is icing on the cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieVIPDined on 7/31/2014Spectacular food. Comically rude service. The waiter ignored us for the first 15 minutes, which is very hard to do in such a small restaurant! It almost felt like a skit from Saturday Night Live. On the other hand, the owner was lovely.Special Features:
- BurtDined on 7/30/2014Finding a parking space on the street directly in front of Bottega was the beginning of a good evening. The blackboards list the evening's options, several small plates and a few entrees. We chose an eggplant appetizer and one featuring beets. Both delicious. Entrees of a rabbit stew and pappardelle, followed by a dessert of ricotta and blueberries completed a tasty dinner. It's BYOB, so bring beer or wine. Service was terrific and friendly. There are eight tables, well spaced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummieBaltimoronDined on 7/29/20142nd timer here, superlative words cannot begin to characterize the food at Bottega. Best short ribs I've ever had. Do yourself a favor and come with an empty stomach, and plan to feast. Order several pre-entrees to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dinner In BaltimoreOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2014We have dined here several times and it just keeps getting better. And the first time we went was perfection! A must try when in Baltimore, and it's BYOB so bring a white and a red and get ready for a melt-in-your mouth evening. Order one of everything and share, if you can!
- No salt and pepper required!FoodiesonabudgetDined on 7/25/2014My husband had wanted to try this place since they opened... It's quaint 8 table restaurant and open kitchen make it a casual, yet extremely personal experience. Our meal was in every way perfect! Every aspect was delicious and most importantly, perfectly seasoned. No salt and pepper required! We would definitely recommend a reservation, since it is limited seating. My husband and I witnessed numerous people being turned away due to lack of reservation and Bottega being booked solid for the night. We can't wait to eat there again, over, and over again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great resturant, poor execution.StienburgDined on 7/23/2014Had heard great things about Bottega and was very excited to go. Ambience is awesome, everything seemed great. Ordered Paperdella with duck as a starter. It looked amazing. My first bite of pasta was still fairly underdone, subsequent bites got better. Thought it was still a buy under seasoned. We got two entrees - a shrimp and clam risotto and braised rabbit legs. The risotto was cooked very well. If I had a complaint about that dish was that there were 4 shrimp in it...not big ones either. At $26.00 I would expect a touch more. The rabbit legs were over done and lacked seasoning. I really wanted to like this place and it wasn't terrible but I expected more for a $64.00 tab.
- Love love loveRobTrombleyDined on 7/23/2014You won't find any better food in Baltimore. I'm looking at you Woodberry. The price, the farm to table menu, the staff, I wouldn't change a thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer ComfortForageAheadDined on 7/17/2014We started with an anchovies crostini that was well balanced with a pickled onion. This was paired with a smoked bluefish salad that was spot on with simplicity, just butter lettuce and the fish. While my date was powdering her nose, I took the liberty of ordering the duck and the short rib. We birth appreciated the smokie and clove flavor that peeked through the duck. The collards appeared to be flash fried. It was a cute trick that worked and didn't annoy. The short rib was quite fork tender. The show stopper for us was the "runner beans" that reminded me of fresh beans in Jamaica. A true Italian rustic meal with Yardie appeal. Truly comforting food that was hearty and right, not too light.Special Features:
- Service was surprising ....TGLIBDined on 7/10/2014The first time at bottega was outstanding.... Food, ambience and enthusiastic service; a gem. This last time both the food and ambience were the same, outstanding, but the service was such a disappointment. Not a word of greeting, slow, lack of attention, took a break in the middle of service to take a break outside.... So disappointing. I certainly will go back but am hopeful the service will be back up to par.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shows promiseEdnorDinerDined on 7/9/2014Great small space-felt like I was in a coastal town on one of the bays. The duck entree was bland & might as well have been a steak. HOWEVER the oven roasted fish was killer. I'd go back for that alone. Had a salad that was delicious, and a fava bean and new garlic crostini type thing which I could have eaten a million of. I felt a little rushed to get out after being there an hour...don't really know the etiquette there but it seemed appropriate for the type of spot it is. I just think the price point needs to be a bit lower if they want to move tables faster. Well used space. I think it just needs some kinks worked out and it will be a bright neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rustic Charm, Savory FoodGastroDudeDined on 7/5/2014We were two, la femme et le homme, and we started with a dense, garlic-infused bruschetta, a very good start, and we then each picked an entree, la femme selecting a pasta dish which turned out to have flavorful, full-width, flat noodles and a smoky tomato based sauce and le homme selecting the sausage entree that came with a sweetly pickled cabbage accompaniment; both dishes proved excellent and just the ticket to lead to our sharing an extremely dense and flavorful chocolate torte for dessert. We brought our own wine--a must in my opinion. The tab was reasonable and the ambiance a perfect antidote to the seductions of glamour--one can imagine, at Bottega, having tumbled into an intimate, out of the way bistro headed by a very good chef.Special Features:
- Still greatBillVIPDined on 7/2/2014When Bottega first opened it received rave reviews which made it very difficult to get in the door. We have been there three times now and each time have had great food (vaguely Italian) and a funky, fun experience. You can find menus on their Facebook page -- each night is a little different. It's BYOB, which saves a ton of money and guarantees wine you like. The place is really intimate.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/2/2014This is our second time there. The food is fabulous. Make sure you leave room for the salted caramel pie. The waitress (I'm sorry I forgot her name) is great and will give you great tips on what to order.Special Features:
- hype is rightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014Bottega had delicious food! We had heard so much about it and were very eager to try it out. We had to wait a week and a half for a reservation but it was totally worth it! From the apps to the dinner to the dessert...food was fresh and very full of flavor.Special Features: