1729 Maryland Ave
Baltimore, MD 21201Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://bottega1729.com/
- Phone: (443) 708-5709
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Farm to Table, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout
- Private Party Facilities: Private dinners are welcome.
They are served family style, and the entire restaurant is yours.
- Private Party Contact: Adrien 2013031854x
A word from Bottega
BOTTEGA BYOB's daily changing menu is based on the Tuscan philosophy of fresh, seasonal and simple cuisine. Two or three ingredients for each dish. All our flour based pasta such as tortelli and tagliatelle are hand made in house. We only use the best locally sourced meats and freshest fish.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Bottega - Best Restaurants in Station North ›
Bottega reviews from OpenTable diners
140 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (119)neighborhood gem (95)romantic (61)special occasion (55)hot spot (34)late-night find (10)good for groups (5)scenic view (2)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Always PleasantPaadiDined on 11/8/2014Bottega is a hot spot in Station North, because it's got great ambiance and fresh food.Special Features:
- MehFoodieVIPDined on 11/7/2014The entry to this restaurant is easily missed. It's on an industrial appearing street with an inconspicuous sign. The eating space is small. The establishment is a bare bones operations. About three or four total people working. Two to three in the kitchen (which is visible from the dining area) and one to two people taking orders and bringing out food. The menus is scribbled into two chalk boards. No alcohol is served. Service was middling to poor. For such a small space I was miffed that the one person taking orders brought our food to the party across from us. The food was good as was our desert. Overall the food was good but the experience was lacking. I would not go back or recommend.Special Features:
- Birthday with Friends1645evDined on 11/6/2014We had a memorable dinner to celebrate a birthday at Bottega. Great food and excellent service.Special Features:
- Fabulous Food and AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/5/2014Really enjoyed my first (of many) trips to Bottega. The food was interesting and delicious and the ambiance was quaint and comfortable. The noise level was higher than I'd like but there were a few larger groups. Will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- Super experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/5/2014The restaurant is cozy, the food is AMAZING, and the service is friendly! BYOB makes it very, very easy on the wallet. Absolutely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Food Aroundfan4foodVIPDined on 11/4/2014Bottega has become one of our favorite restaurants. The pasta is outstanding and the dishes are always prepared with the freshest ingredients. We actually like bringing our our own wine and appreciate that there is no corkage fee. We love going there and, while we wish it wasn't so hard to get in, we hope that if and when it expands, it will keep its unique character; eating there is the closest thing to eating in one of the delightful trattoria-type restaurants in Italy.Special Features:
- The Ambiance and the MenuLeslieDined on 10/29/2014The restaurant is rustic. It feels like a country restaurant in Spain or Italy. The decorations are mostly food and serving vessels of various types. The atmosphere is definitely "en famille". This was our second time there. The food was awesome yet again. There are things on the menu that are not available at most restaurants. I had the beef cheeks this time. The salads are inventive and the ingredients sound bizarre together but work well. The menu changes periodically. There are three selections from four different categories plus two or three dessert choices. The categories are Crostini, Salads, Pastas, and Entrees. BYOB. Enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best of baltimorethankyouDined on 10/29/2014My partner and i recently traveled to Baltimore and received a recommendation to dine at Bottega. Perhaps the most tenderly prepared meat we have ever partaken of. We shared the Beef Cheeks with barley&pickledmushrooms and the Lamb Ribs with lentils&squash. Both dishes were tremendous and we marveled over how the Beef Cheeks were so much like a cake! We will recommend Bottega to anyone that is traveling to Baltimore and will be returning to Bottega on our next trip there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best. Meal. EverGoodStuffDined on 10/28/2014I've been to Bottega before, and just like the last time, the food there has been some of the best I've had in the city. As a professional chef who goes out to eat on a regular basis and has eaten all over Baltimore, Bottega has officially become my favorite restaurant in the city. The ambiance is appropriate for a romantic date or a fun spot to take your buddies from out of town. The servers were super attentive, and at the end of the meal we found out one of our (totally cute) servers was actually one of the chefs. That's pretty rad! Everything was cooked like a boss, the flavors made sense together, and you could really taste the love put into the dishes. Cancel your res at the Olive Garden and get to Bottega, ASAP.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's all about the food. Superb!StillWaitingDined on 10/25/2014You've probably heard restaurants claim that they're "all about the food," but this one really is. Nothing fancy about Bottega, and the noise level is mighty high, but I'll go back again and again for food like that! Smoked bass crostini, pumpkin/chesnut/butter and sage tortello, lambs neck that falls off the bone roasted with garlic, and a sea salt/caramel/chocolate ganache made us glad we took the train up so we could enjoy our delightful food comas on the ride back to DC without having to drive.Special Features:
- Never got to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014We made a reservation for 9:15PM, showed up, no table was available. We were told to wait in the downstairs room. We waited for about 30 minutes, before we decided to go upstairs and see what was going on. There were three free tables but nobody had called us. We left the restaurant and went to eat somewhere else.
- Excellent, "outside the box" diningheartofgravyDined on 10/23/2014Feel really lucky to have stumbled onto this gem after a chance conversation with a local the night before. Only in town for two days, but feel like I got to see the best the town offers in that little window due to the recommendation. Excellent menu, atmosphere, and service. A truly special little spot.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysRebeccaQDined on 10/22/2014I've never had a bad experience at Bottega. It is probably my favorite restaurant in the whole city. It has such cozy charm and the food is top notch. Can't wait to go back. Can't recommend highly enough!Special Features:
- So much deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 10/18/2014Perfectly made and cooked pasta, inventive starters and meat seasoned like you've never had. Simple, elegant and delicious food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/16/2014This was one of the best meals I have had in Baltimore. The food is divine and full of flavor! The service was, hands down, incredible! I brought my own vodka to make a drink there (it is BYOB) , but I forgot the mixers. They went down the street to the gas station to look for club soda for me. I was shocked at their effort. I highly recommend this spot!Special Features:
- Yum1000Dined on 10/4/2014Bottega prepared one of the best meals I've had in Baltimore. Everything was done with such attention to detail, including the service which was impeccable. Prices are reasonable and atmosphere is relaxed. Highly reccommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underwhelmed!susiVIPDined on 10/3/2014All the hype of this place and we couldn't believe what all the fuss was about. Homemade pasta dishes were not as good as many other restaurants in town. If you want that grunge feel and atmosphere with a mediocre meal at a high price this is the place for you.Special Features:
- best BYOB in town.KathyVIPDined on 10/2/2014This is a gem of a place! Great food, feels.like you are at a friends house AND you can bring your own wine. We love it:Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just so-sofoodieDined on 10/2/2014disappointed in just about everything: quality, presentation, portions, service, menu limitations. maybe will try again, but probably not. too many other good restaurants in the area to try before giving this one a second chance. definitely didn't live up to the hype.
- Special EveningBaltimore50Dined on 9/27/2014Came to celebrate my 50th birthday with my close girlfriends. The food, ambiance and the service were spectacular! Thank you Bottega for a lovely memory and goodness, don't ever take the tagliatelle off the chalkboard. I've only had comparable in Italy! Brought some beautiful wines to enjoy with the perfect meal. Love the BYOB!!Special Features:
- ExcellentLandJFoodiesDined on 9/25/2014Definitely a foodie find. Bottega's Chef delivers perfection. I do kind of wish they had a wine list but this makes the meal less expensive so that's kind of a plus. The duck leg was amazing. Loved those flavors. And the boar pasta was on point. We ordered another one after we finished the first! And the salted caramel pie was unbelievable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceAndyDined on 9/24/2014There was a short wait for a table in the crowded, small restaurant. The staff especially Ruth were very accommodating. The chicken liver crostini and ricotta-spinach malfatti (dumplings) shared by our party of six were absolutely fantastic. Enjoyed also individually to varying degrees of satisfaction were seafood cioppino (good), braised lamb neck (best), roasted chicken (spicy), and three pappardelles, one with ragout of duck (good), one with ragout of wild boar (very good), and one more simply sauced with tomatoes (also good). Wedges of pie were enjoyed for dessert. One was a dense lemon-scented ricotta cheesecake. Another, even better, included chocolate and sea-salted caramel. Overall, the evening was a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place...2nd timeLaPieVIPDined on 9/24/2014This was our second time visiting Bottega. Another amazing meal! Lamb shank melts in your mouth, and salted caramel chocolate pie / lemon ricotta cheesecake are the perfect endings.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/23/2014Great place! Wonderful, fresh food, good service and BYOB. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unique and consistentShortHornDined on 9/23/2014We enjoyed our third visit to Bottega last night. Because the menu is small but variable, we enjoy picking a past favorite to go with a flavor we haven't tried yet. So far the "greatest hits" are the pork cheeks (who knew they would be so sweet and succulent?), the chicken livers, and the caramel chocolate pie ... but the nettle pasta made the biggest impression! Try it all ... they know how to cook and didn't delegate when they became "the next beg thing".Special Features:
- An exceptional dining experienceLisaSVIPDined on 9/13/2014Bottega has become one of my favorite restaurants in Baltimore. It never fails to please. In fact, each time I go I swear the foods gets better. I highly recommend the spinach malfatti and whole roasted branzino while it lasts.Special Features:
- go for the foodlocalVIPDined on 9/10/2014This is a very small restaurant with a funky decor. You need to embrace the setting. The food is amazing.Enjoy BYOB is a real plusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem!SpeakeasyVIPDined on 9/9/2014I have been looking forward to going to bottega but their reservations are limited due to limited seating. I am so glad I finally had the chance to go! It's byob which I actually enjoy. I had a beet starter and a spinach pasta and it blew my mind. Chris our server was knowledgeable, friendly, and efficient. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal in BaltimoreErinDined on 9/9/2014Every time I eat here, the meal always tops the previous experience. The crostinis, salads, pastas and chocolate caramel pie are always tasty. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/9/2014This was my 3rd visit to Bottega. I always enjoy the food and the casual setting. It is like going to a friend's house for dinner. The only downside is that the menu does not change much. For instance, the pastas have been the same each time even though they, including the Malfatti are good. Overall, still an excellent place to go and the BYOB is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/5/2014Just go there and eat, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- DanBaltimoreDined on 9/5/2014Great food. Best lamb shank I've ever had. BYOB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great Baltimore gem!!!LacontessamaryDined on 9/5/2014Excellent food and service.....reminded me of many of my Tuscan/ Florentine dining experiences!!!!! The waitress could not have been nicer and accommodating! As an artist I would like to see the one plain wall perhaps faux finished and some of the decor looks unfinished ......probably because they are always sooooo booked and busy they ran out of time to finish the decor!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem!sushiloveVIPDined on 9/4/2014Had been looking forward to dining here for months...so glad it finally happened! We were the first table to enter and by the time we left the place was full with the next reservation waiting on the front benches. Service was stellar and the food matched. We tried a bit of everything on the menu...beef tartar (ordered by the 10 year old!), welks, rabbit roulade, two pappardelle dishes--one boar ragu, one duck ragu and had to save room for dessert. We'll definitely be back! Thanks for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- AwesomeMercyManDined on 9/2/2014Funky, casual atmosphere Massively flavorful food Incredibly creative selections Easy going but prompt service Kind of feels like having a friend serving you award winning food at their newly refurbished row home. Our new favorite restaurant, hands down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rustic yet progressiveIcemanDined on 8/30/2014This place is great. It feels more like you're eating at someone's house. Hearty. Delicious. Going to be perfect for fall and winter. Best service I've had in a while. Looking to go back w more people. And it's byob w no corkage so you don't spend $150 for two people. Only problem is trying to get a reservation bc they only seat 15. So plan ahead or eat late after the movies at Charles theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/24/2014love the concept and the fresh, delicious food. front of house, friendly and welcoming and the kitchen lived up to expectations based on the reviews.Special Features:
- A real gem!xinaruthVIPDined on 8/8/2014Bottega is a diamond in the rough on their block - but it's worth the trip! If you eat NOTHING ELSE, by all means, get the Malfatti. It should be required eating, as once you have that dish, you just know you'll be back for more. Service and ambience are both equally charming. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Such a different place!AnonymousVIPDined on 8/7/2014The most important thing, of course, is that the food is outstanding. Add the fact that it's BYOB and you have a marvelous restaurant that's well-worth the cost, which is quite fair for the quality of food. To get all that, you must be able to deal with a certain level of quirkiness. You, the customer, must follow Bottega's rules for the privilege of dining: difficult reservation times, polite but indifferent service, and dining on a schedule (this is not the kind of place you can linger between courses or eat your first course and then decide what to eat next). Some may find the pace too quick. But, don't eat here as a prelude to something else; it is the main event for the evening, even if your reservation is for 6:00. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Peculiar menu on chalk boarddvikibDined on 8/6/2014I literally could not find an entree that appealed to me for dinner on their very limited chalk board menu. I had chocolate caramel pie only which was good but odd for dinner. My friend liked her small portion of beef cheek pasta (no bread was offered). She was told no pie was available for her after she finished her meal. The pies still needed to sit for another half hour. This was a little over an hour after the restaurant opened. Why would the pies not be ready when you only carry 2 desserts? It is BYOB but I did not know that and we were only offered water to drink. I fixed myself dinner when I got home. I eat out at least twice a week but I will not be returning. The high ratings on open table mystify me.