80 Wagaraw Road
Hawthorne, NJ 07506Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bottagra.com/
- Phone: (973) 423-4433
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Carlo Carbonaro/Robert Vicari John Chomenko pastry
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Bottagra offers a full off-site and on premise. Catering menu available anytime.
- Private Party Facilities: For a Private dining experience, Bottagra Restaurant offers three separate and very distinct rooms. Perfectly suited for corporate events, intimate weddings, or even just a casual dinner with friends our facilities can cater to all you needs. Our Private Dining Room, with seating for up to twenty, features french doors and separate butlers entrance. Our Lounge, with space for fifteen, has an inviting fireplace as well as flat screen television with state-of-the-art audio visual capabilities. Lastly our Wine Room is large enough to accommodate forty quests and is accented with another fireplace and also showcases Bottagra"s extensive collection of fine wines from around the world.
- Private Party Contact: David Arsenault 9734234433x
- Entertainment: Bottagra Features live music every Friday night as well as special engagements throughout the year. Please check our website for date listings.
A word from Bottagra
Located in Hawthorne"s historic Degray house, Bottagra Restaurant opened its doors in early 2008. What was once used as an encampment for General Lafayette's troops during the Revolutionary War has been transformed into a modern, elegant restaurant with the feel and charm of a Tuscan villa. Chef-Owners Robert Vicari and Carlo Carbonara have fused their extensive restaurant experience together to offer a variety of dishes hailing from both the northern and southern regions of Italy. Offering a full bar and extensive wine list, as well as private rooms, BottagraContinued
is a diners' dream for gatherings both large and small.
is a diners' dream for gatherings both large and small.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bottagra reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (50)fit for foodies (48)good for groups (44)romantic (38)neighborhood gem (33)vibrant bar scene (22)hot spot (21)notable wine list (19)great for brunch (14)great for lunch (13)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- The food is well preparedPaulDined on 1/29/2011The food is well prepared and presented. Not a flashy place, but good, solid food.
- Our first not so perfect experienceSammyDined on 1/22/2011Even though our main entrees came out before our appetizers and my food wasn't cooked right and my 2 friends Salmons were overdone, this was my 5th time here and I will keep coming back for more. I strongly suggest not to come on a Saturday night unless you don't mind having some issues from time to time. The staffing seemed great, but something seemed wrong, meaning someone was missing, didn't show up to work or the restaurant was overwhelmed. I believe a lack of communication and short staff may have been the cause for our not so perfect dinner. Overall, the restaurant made things right and the meal was taken care of for all of us. Thanks again, Especially to Maurizio & Dan Johnson for their professionalism and politeness to us.Special Features:
- Best italian food we haveOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/22/2011Best italian food we have had in a long time! Great detail given and the freshness of the food was very evident.Special Features:
- Had a great meal.....forgetOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/8/2011Had a great meal.....forget about the menu and go with the specials! What a pleasant surprise.Special Features:
- Very crowded and loud. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2010Very crowded and loud. Service was good, but food wasn't anything we would brag about.Special Features:
- An extremely pleasant eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/28/2010An extremely pleasant evening all around, from the time we were greeted at the door to the time we left for the evening. I great place for couples, or just going for a drink after work. My wife an I plan on going back again.Special Features:
- The service was outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/23/2010The service was outstanding and the food was top notch.Special Features:
- Unfortunately our food didOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/18/2010Unfortunately our food did not live up to the hype. My salad was yummy (arugula with walnuts and cranberries), the bread is relish, but my monkfish on risotto was overlooked, gluey and without flavor.
- My husband and I have eatenOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 12/7/2010My husband and I have eaten dinner here several times and the food is always excellent and served by an extremely gracious staff. More significantly, we held our son Sam's first birthday party here and I could not have been more pleased. Not only was the food fantastic (a bit surprising for a family style meal for over thirty people) but the staff was so kind and accommodating. I don't have the words to describe how pleased we were, but several of our guests used "elegant, delicious, delightful, wonderful."Special Features:
- Was amazed how good the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/26/2010Was amazed how good the food was. Will go there more often
- My friends and I had as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/16/2010My friends and I had as usual a great meal. The appetizer were excellent, then we shared Bottagra's signature pasta and lastly two of us had monk fish cooked to perfection and the other friend had fillet mignon that was described as:"to cry for".Special Features:
- ALWAYS a great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/12/2010ALWAYS a great dining experience at our favorite North Jersey restaurant, Bottagra! Several delicious modern Italian dishes to choose from whether it be from the menu or one of the MANY daily specials (Rack of Lamb and Surf & Turf are my favorites!!); unique cocktails (pear or lychee martini's mmm mmm mmmmm); awesome desserts from their pastry chef (mini zeppoles are the best I've ever tasted!). Great service is always a plus as well! The entire staff are always so friendly and willing to help even if it's not "their table". Live music was a great touch to my Friday dinner. ALWAYS *****! Once you've dined at Bottagra you'll be sure to go back!!Special Features:
- going back againOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/9/2010What a great place to enjoy a special occasion...just celebrated our parents birthday. The menu looked great but the specials were spectacular. Planning more dinners there. The kids loved there meal,definitely going back there again very soon.Special Features:
- Our food was very good andRosieMODined on 11/5/2010Our food was very good and ther service was extremely good, place is a bit dark and needs some decorating overhaul but basically good..
- Bottagra is a true gem inOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/29/2010Bottagra is a true gem in the nieghborhood and also draws in clientele regionally. Outstanding food and service is what keeps people coming back to this restaurant. Fresh fish and outstanding steak is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the suptious offerings. The use of seasonal local produce, a variety of wild mushrooms, and sauces with great depth help to round out other selections including appetizers on the menu. In fact, it is refreshing to see a greater selection of soups, salads, and appetizers rather than the boring tried and true faire in typical Italian restaurants. Significant thought goes into the menu, preparation, and presentation, and it shows. Don't miss out!Special Features:
- I was recommended to thisOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/23/2010I was recommended to this place by a friend, who had only heard about it. Well, I went and was not dissapointed! The food was delicious. Italian, but not your ordinary pizza palor italian. Not one part of the meal was horrible. From the salad to the entree, the food just kept pleasing! Only thing, I wish I had had room for desert!Special Features:
- This visit was not my firstOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/21/2010This visit was not my first time to Bottagra. We brought some friends with us this time and they LOVED the food! As I expected everything was delicious! The service was, as usual, excellent! Robert came by to say hello as well. The desserts were wonderfully unique and delicious. Although we couldn't afford to come here as often as we'd like, Bottagra is becoming one of our favorite restaurants! I highly recommend it to my more discerning foodies!Special Features:
- Hands down the best valueSammyDined on 10/20/2010Hands down the best value for your money and the Maitre D & Staff are the best of the best. Thanks for making our third trip back such a pleasant one. Eitan & Pam Cohen & Howie KriegerSpecial Features:
- Both the food and serviceSammyDined on 10/8/2010Both the food and service are to die for. These young professionals make eating at Bottagra, like dining at the Ritz Carlton for a fraction of the price. The Chicken Marsala was by far my favorite. Thanks to Skyauction.com for brining us to your establishment, my wife and I will be back many many more times in the near future. Sam & Pam CohenSpecial Features:
- If it wasnt for our waiter,AlansThoughtsDined on 10/2/2010If it wasnt for our waiter, it would have been a disaster. Every dish came out incomplete but our waiter was so good, we couldnt help but work with him. I would NOT recommend this place to anyone who is looking for GREAT food because the food lacked finishing touches. Three out of four items had to be corrected. the waiter said a new salad chef was on BUT...thats not what i want to hear when i spend $15 on a salad and it comes out incorrectly.Special Features:
- Amazing dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/25/2010Amazing dining experience every time I go there! The food is EXCELLENT!!!! I listed the noise as moderate because there was not one empty table there. The other tables enjoying there meal were also enjoying great conversation and laughing and having a great time. This place is a must!Special Features:
- Bottagra never disappoints.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/25/2010Bottagra never disappoints. Also have intersting and delicious specials created by whatever fresh ingredients are in season. I don't think I've ever ordered directly off the menu. Great for a special occasion or group but also great just for couples or families. We take our 2 kids (8 and 10) all the time and they enjoy it.Special Features:
- excellent as always - theSandiDined on 9/21/2010excellent as always - the 'vibes' are not there on a weeknight, but still loved it. entertained family from out of state. Hymie was an excellent waiter.Special Features:
- I give an A+ for service,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/21/2010I give an A+ for service, A+ for quality, A+ for attention when we needed it, and an A+++ especially for the meal selection. I usually do not get excited about the daily specials not on the menu, but on this Tuesday night, there were four which were offered which I wanted to try. I guess I'll have to go back at least 3 more times or more!Special Features:
- We went to the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/18/2010We went to the restaurant on a Saturday evening and found everything to our liking. The arancini appetizer (rice balls) was as good as we've had anywhere. For entrees, we had a special pasta dish (pappardelle with meatballs, sausage and brisket) and a special brisket. Both were delicious. All the desserts are made in-house. We had a cappucino mousse with zeppoles. Excellent! Service was excellent. Although there were only two of us, we noticed several groups at the restaurant. We would definitely recommend for groups. There is also a private room for larger groups.Special Features:
- i had a grouper special andOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/21/2010i had a grouper special and it was outrageous! the desserts are out of this world! I give it 6******Special Features:
- food was awful. The food didOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/20/2010food was awful. The food did not seem fresh nor presented well. I would not recommend nor would I ever return. Prices high and service was fair.
- Outstanding food and service,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2010Outstanding food and service, best place I've been to in the area will be back there oftenSpecial Features:
- Excellent food & service.mss22VIPDined on 8/7/2010Excellent food & service. Located in an industrial area. However, ample valet parking made up for it.Special Features:
- We had a party of seven withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/29/2010We had a party of seven with ages ranging from 13 - 59. Menu was expansive so there was a dish for everyone. Food prep, presentation, & taste was all delightful. Portions were just right (not too much nor too small). Wait staff was very attentive without being obtrusive. Neat stone building with a big room & big tables as well; definitely roomy & quite comfortable. Price was reasonable. Would definitely recommend. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- I am a long time residentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/23/2010I am a long time resident of Bergen County and always looking out for new restaurants to try in the area. Bottagra was a pleasant find as it offers excellent food, nice upscale ambience with excellent service. Even though the cuisine is primarily Italian they offer deliciously inventive appetizers and entree's as specials. I tried the Barolo wine braised Short Ribs with root vegtables and garlic mashed potatoes and my wife had the pepper encrusted seared tuna on a bed of shrimp rissoto. Both dishes were excellent and presented beautifully. We will be back!Special Features:
- The service was great, foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/16/2010The service was great, food was great and it was nice to be able to sit at the bar after dinner for some drinks. Chef was on the floor for a bit and it was nice to talk to him about the food.Special Features:
- The food was really very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/10/2010The food was really very good. Everything was cooked perfectly and had great flavor. All four of us enjoyed our meal. The service was adequate at best. It may have just been our server, noone else seemed to wait as long as us. We thought he forgot about us at times...forgot to bring our drinks and never brought bread. We had to request it from another server. We constantly had to flag another server down to find ours. All in all, I would go back based on the quality of the food. Hopefully, it was just an off night for our server.Special Features:
- We dine at Bottagra at leastOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/3/2010We dine at Bottagra at least once a month. I don't think that I have ever ordered off the menu though, the chef specials always lure me away. Every time we go there is something new and wonderful to try. The food is delicious, their is a nice bar to enjoy cocktails and the wine list is pretty good too. The place is great for a romantic dinner for two, an evening with friends or they have private rooms for parties (we had my daughter's First Communion dinner their a few months ago). If you haven't been, you should definitely try it out, you won't be disappointed. Wait staff is very friendly and knowledgeable both about the food and the wine.Special Features:
- MUSSLES FRADIABLO WERE NOTOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/30/2010MUSSLES FRADIABLO WERE NOT HOT AT ALL MAYBE THE CHEF USED THE WRONG SAUCE OTHER THAN THAT FOOD WAS GREATSpecial Features:
- We did not know what to expectOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/26/2010We did not know what to expect but what a wonderful surprise to find Bottagra! The bartender, Victor was very pleasant, made me a great Pear Cosmo, was very informative about the establishment and introduced us to the Chef with whom we spoke at length about our love for fine food and the specials for the evening. Then we were seated and enjoyed the rest of our evening with Jaime who was the very best server anyone could ask for as we proceeded to enjoy some of the best food we've had in a long time. So great to find a new restaurant that understands what a great food experience is all about. We will definitely be back and can't wait to share our find with friends and family.Special Features:
- A real gem. Inventive andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/26/2010A real gem. Inventive and delicious menu, attentive service and tables that are spaced nicely. Your neighbors are not on top of you! Very romantic and welcoming.Special Features:
- Food was delicious, servicekvissy105Dined on 6/24/2010Food was delicious, service was slightly slow--although they could have been busy. I still return to Bottagra's on the regular whether it be for a private dinner, party, or for their social brunch.Special Features:
- We celebrated our friend'sGuacAliciousVIPDined on 6/18/2010We celebrated our friend's birthday and she thoroughly enjoyed the company, food & the restaurant.Special Features:
- The food is delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/12/2010The food is delicious and decadent without being overpriced. We had a large party, but did not have poor service because of it, in fact our waiter was so attentive he improved the already wonderful dinning experience. The food is authentic, but not boring. We will definitely be returning.Special Features: