1375 Washington St
Boston, MA 02118Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bostonchops.com/
- Phone: (617) 227-5011
- Hours of Operation:
Bar open at 4:00 until close
Dinner open at 5:00pm until 10:00pm (Thu - Sat until 11:00pm)
Brunch Sundays - 10:00am until 3:00pm (Bar is open all day)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Christopher Coombs
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining
- Special Events: www.BostonChops.com
A word from Boston Chops
Contemporary, stylish and inviting, Boston Chops is a modern interpretation of a steak house.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Boston Chops - Best Restaurants in South End ›
Boston Chops reviews from OpenTable diners
246 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (135)fit for foodies (132)neighborhood gem (114)good for groups (93)notable wine list (91)romantic (90)hot spot (71)vibrant bar scene (47)great for outdoor dining (44)great for brunch (28)late-night find (22)great for lunch (15)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (4)Show More
- Not better than Capital Grill or Mortons.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/22/2014This is a typical steak place with a beautiful decor and prices to match. The food attempts to justify the prices but you'd be better off using the money on the best butcher you can find, a really good cast iron pan from Sears, and staying home with a $50 bottle of wine. The food is nothing special, especially at the prices. If you ignore the cost, it's a nice night out, and the service is nice,
- MEAT, MEAT, MEATjackVIPDined on 11/20/2014The best meat is the steak choices though there is a great pork chop. Appetizer choices are limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing DifferentBostonbornandbredDined on 11/19/2014Even though when they called to confirm I asked for a booth and they said "no problem", we did not get a booth. When I said something the girl said "we dont take table requests" and would not sit us at one of the empty booth seats they had. The other thing i did not like was that there was no coat check. There was one coat rack but it was packed and I couldn't hand my coat so I had to hang my long WHITE coat on the back of my chair and it totally got stepped on 5 times and now i have to try and get it cleaned. I asked the waitress and the hostess if they could hold it somewhere else but they said no.The wine by the glass selection was terrible. We didnt get a bottle because its too much for us, but they bottle selection although ok, was the most expensive ive seen in a place around here. All of the food was excellent except my steak. It was extremely irony tasting and even looked irony (purpleish) and tasted more like a hanger steak than a flat iron steak. The waitress assured me it was a flat iron steak and since we were there for a special occasion i didn't want to send it back and make a scene so I didn't eat much of it. My parteners steak did taste pretty good but it was nothing different from any other steak house. The atmosphere they was very loud and impersonal so we probably will not go back. I feel for $200 they should at least try and find a place to hold your coat, if you ask, and should honor your table request. The side dishes were great but the steaks were nothing special and the service was unhelpful so I'm not sure if we'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Find!karakasDined on 11/19/2014We were looking for a Restaurant close to our hotel and found this one on yelp. it had many good customer reviews, and did not disappoint. Three of us dined and all three entrees along with appetizers and dessert were all excellent. The service was also top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- all around BADOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/19/2014I did get fish at a steak restaurant, but it should not be ICE COLD. Our waiter never brought the sides and then asked if we wanted them after the meal. The desert was ice cold and should have been room temperature with a hot top. The staff seems VERY inexperienced for the price point.
- Great night - Boston Chops is still TopsCraigDined on 11/17/2014From your opening - a great addition to our restaurant scene. The food/service/environment were top notch - and the evening went extremely well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sumptious food and an inviting settingReRobertaVIPDined on 11/16/2014This was a special birthday celebration for a dear friend, the waiter made the meal very special and we all thought it was the best steak ever.. what a treat everything was.. praise for high quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably my favorite boston restaurantL02118VIPDined on 11/15/2014I love everything about Boston Chops. Since I'm in the neighborhood so we eat here often. The steaks are amazing but so are the other dishes, mashed potatoes, Brussels sprouts, mushroom pasta and short rib! ! This place is great just for drinks and apps at the bar or for dinner. I always find a new favorite cocktail or wine as well. Top notch service. Just all around great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food, energetic enviormet!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014for my second visit the food was excellent, the atmosphere was lively.......However the service was not as attentive as he should have beenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy but fantastic steakASBMVVIPDined on 11/14/2014Noise levels here are pretty off the chart- we nearly left but decided it might be worse elsewhere on a Friday night. Things we loved: the popovers remind me of the ones my Mom used to serve with Roast Beef on Xmas Eve- melt in your mouth yummy- And the steak is simply amazing, if you are a carnivore, this is your place. Flavor and incredibly tender- I had the bone-in filet, which was fabulous, and my husband had the special which was a huge 18 oz sirloin- equally amazing. The menu is confusing- I thought I was ordering a steak that came with potatoes mushrooms and asparagus- and it when it came it was just a steak on the plate- the waiter was apologetic but did not do much to compensate since it was his mistake. Service was not great- but I would go back, and save room for the sticky toffee pudding next time,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/14/2014We love Boston chops. The steaks are amazing and the endless stream of French fries is to die for. We've been several times and always have great service. It is noisy so if you can secure a table in the Small room on the side, it's not as noisy.Special Features:
- Ok serviceSebstnDined on 11/12/2014Outstanding food. Service is slow and consistently big gap between appetizers and entrees. Had to wait 10 min for another serve of fries and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and Service!MaryQDined on 11/10/2014Biston Chips was a fabulous experience! The Calimar was so tender and the Sweetbreads were soft on the inside with a yummy crunch on the outside! We were celebrating a birthday and the service was special snd perfect! We will be back for sure!! A great find!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak Great ServiceMrtravelDined on 11/9/2014The food was excellent. My wife and I both had the bone in filet. It was cooked prepared perfectly. The service was attentive but not 'standing all over you' either. Dessert suggestions were great. The ambiance wasn't amazing but it was certainly good. We travel a lot and I am comfortable saying that this is a great steak house. It's not inexpensive but that's recognized going in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Birthday Dinner!GreatHotSpotsDined on 11/8/2014I had an awesome birthday dinner at Boston Chops! The place was recommended by a friend, so I gave it a try and made reservation for a party of 5. Food and service was excellent. We'll definitely go back and have already recommended to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go back!!FriendsDined on 11/7/2014This has been our third time in four months dining at Boston Chops and everyone we have brought loves the restaurant as much as we do! From our parents to our hip friends, this restaurant is fabulous for everyone. Starting with the amazing popovers and diving into the most flavorful meats, we all agreed Boston Chops is our new favorite restaurant.gr We are happy to drive in from the North shore, but can't wait until we move to the South End as we will be regulars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No bang for you buckJvbostonDined on 11/7/2014Lack luster steaks for a small fortune. Food nothing to write home about and very very pricey. Wine list was overwhelming. Would not reccommend to my worst enemy.
- Great steak houseangoodVIPDined on 11/7/2014We got the prime rib and the fillet. Both were perfectly cooked. My friend who frequents steak houses said it was the best she had had in a long time - more so than Abe's. For dessert we had the sticky toffee pudding which was to die for. All around great restaurant to have in the repertoire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Except for the noise...LeedinesVIPDined on 11/3/2014Have found restaurant to be consistent in all categories except noise level: Monday's are blessedly quiet, thursdays oppressively deafening, at least near bar. Not a place "catch up."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic birthday dinner success...BOC123Dined on 11/1/2014Had a great night out at Boston Chops to celebrate my boyfriends birthday. The food was outstanding, as was the service. We enjoyed an appetizer, steaks, mashed potatoes and broccoli - all delicious! The wine was tasty, too. My only complaint is that, despite my making an 8pm reservation about two weeks ahead of time, we had to wait about 15-20 minutes for our table. Luckily, the food and service thereafter made up for the initial faux pas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Great food and great service. We were a party of eight and each person's meal was perfect. Get the onion ring appetizer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak!theoriginalRG3Dined on 11/1/2014Not as stuffy and clubby and the other big name steak joints and with a sleeker more contemporary decor. Prices were a bit more reasonable also. We were a group of three and originally got stuck in a corner booth near the door. It took a little persistence (more than it should have taken) to get our table changed to the main dining area. After that the service and overall experience was great. A nice alternative to DF's, M's, and the others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Filet and SidesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014The bone in filet mignon and side dishes were excellent. Brussel sprouts canard are phenomenal. My husband's strip steak was tough and stringy and that is why it doesn't get 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood steakhouseTechsalesVPVIPDined on 10/31/2014The service was fabulous the endless, food was top notchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceJeffryDVIPDined on 10/31/2014We asked the waiter, Brian, for recommendations. Everything he suggested was a hit (skirt steak, spicy broccoli, roasted mushrooms, sticky toffee pudding). The skirt steak was perfectly done and amazingly tender and delicious - three of us enjoyed it. Excellent fries too.Special Features:
- Not worth the inflated prices.TJKCDined on 10/24/2014Fun, upscale atmosphere. The "Prime" steak was sub par, was not the same quality as other steakhouses we've patronized, although prices were similar. Filet mignon was very good, don't bother with the other steaks on the menu. I never mind paying high prices when the food & experience is top quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2014Our server was wonderful. The food was delicious. Overall it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best filet, hands downjenjVIPDined on 10/17/2014I've been to all the major steakhouses in Boston and this is always the best. I always get the filet, but have also tried several apps, sides and desserts and everything is always delicious. It's definitely in my top 2 favorite restaurants in Boston.Special Features:
- ExcellentJRBostonVIPDined on 10/15/2014The steaks at Boston Chops are some of the best I have ever had, and the service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boston Chopsbshea12Dined on 10/11/2014Went on the evening of Saturday October 11th, had the bone-in 14 oz filet, medium rare, tint de toro spanish red wine, a big one that paired perfectly. Server was excellent, the experience was a good one and I'll be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic for romantic evening!DanDDined on 10/11/2014I took my new wife for an overnight trip to Boston, and we found this gem of a restaurant. I had requested a special table as we were celebrating our honeymoon. They seated us at a perfect table and immediately brought us complimentary champagne. The service was impeccable, the drinks were perfect, and the food was absolutely delicious. Highest possible recommendation. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Fabulous RestauantFoodie555Dined on 10/7/2014This restaurant was so much fun - the ambience, the food, the waiter and all the other staff that tried to spoil us with just the right amount of attention. We all had steaks that were cooked to perfection. We also had Pork Belly Mac and Cheese that was so yummy, you must try it. I am just sorry this restaurant is not in Virginia!!!!Special Features:
- Oppi328VIPDined on 10/5/2014Boston Chops is a pretty restaurant with great service! The Caesar salad with white anchovies was delicious! The French fries come out hot in a copper bowl! The brussel sprouts were wonderful! My prime sirloin, however, was too dense and chewy. It may have been overcooked. It wasn't juicy or tasty enough to justify the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingAnnieDined on 10/3/2014Impeccable service, amazing food, one of my favorites in Boston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014I am Michaels mum,I come from New Zealand,also had friend from NZ,we found your restaurant to be very special,the food and services impeccable . Also Beautiful ambience. This is the second time Mike and I have been here. I have forwarded this to Mike. But I write this on behalf of us all. Thank you. Keep up the fantastic work etc. we will definetly return to try more dishes. The fillet steak was beautiful. Lorraine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/30/2014We bring a group on 8-10 top sales employees out once per Quarter as reward dinner. We have been to many great places over the years. This was our first time to Boston Chops. Everything was excellent - Seafood was fresh, steaks and sides were spot on, Service is top notch, great atmosphere. highly recommended, we'll be back!Special Features:
- Amazing aged beefSouthcoverDined on 9/29/2014Boston Chops met expectations! Its aged prime rib was wonderful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/28/2014Have been to Boston Chops many times and have always had a great time whether dining there with my partner or a small group of friends. The entire experience is memorable each and every time! Wish it were even closer to our condo . We would be there even more oftenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday nightjohnnypcDined on 9/26/2014I went to Chops with my wife and fifteen year old son. The popovers were very good and all of our meals were some of the best steaks we have eaten. The menu was unique in terms of the preparation, sauces and sides included with the meals. The meat was tender, flavorful and delicious. The service was good and the waiter insisted that I have some ice cream even though I ruled out dessert as it was my birthday and delivered a small serving with Happy Birthday written in chocolate sauce. The restaurant was not inexpensive so I would recommend and consider it for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently goodcageyleftyVIPDined on 9/20/2014Fine, attentive service, good food, Boston Chops is consistent in their quality. Could use some improvement in their side options, but entree is always tops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.