1375 Washington St
Boston, MA 02118Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bostonchops.com/
- Phone: 6172275011x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar open at 4:00 until close
Dinner open at 5:00pm until 10:00pm (Thu - Sat until 11:00pm)
Brunch Saturday and Sunday - 10:00am until 3:00pm (Bar is open all day)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Christopher Coombs
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining
- Special Events: www.BostonChops.com
A word from Boston Chops
Contemporary, stylish and inviting, Boston Chops is a modern interpretation of a steak house.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Boston Chops - Best Restaurants in South End ›
Boston Chops reviews from OpenTable diners
230 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (130)fit for foodies (108)neighborhood gem (88)romantic (82)notable wine list (68)good for groups (67)great for outdoor dining (58)hot spot (53)vibrant bar scene (44)great for brunch (33)late-night find (25)great for lunch (16)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- All hype!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014The service was worse than the mediocre food. ! 60$ for a bone in rib - eye ........... That could not have possibly been prime . The appetizer of calamari and mussels were pathetic in size and taste was on par with any average chain like restaurant ! The waiter , treated us like he was paying the overpriced tab himself . When we asked , nicely,to put in a few appetizers , he replied. "The chef wants the whole order at once " " because we cook everything fresh " .....was his answer. Implying other restaurants don 't ?? Overall it was a sad representation of what a steak should be. ! Sincerely never to return
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2014Food was very delicious! Good service! Oysters was wonderful. Oxtail was very deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014I am delighted that restaurant week introduced us to this new favorite! We will return through out the year. Great food, atmosphere and service.Special Features:
- Superb wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Dinning experience was just great. Our waiter was terrific, our meal was served promptly and cooked perfectly to everyone's personal satisfaction. Simply delish!!!Special Features:
- Dine out BostonOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/26/2014Came here for dine out Boston with my boyfriend, and the overall experience here was nice. Service was good, I only gave 3 stars because it took them 30 minutes to give us our bill even when they looked over saw that we were no longer eating and just sitting there. The food was good, I mean I've had better at other steakhouses. I ordered the porkbelly mac and cheese and the porkbelly was cooked beautifully!! A must order!Special Features:
- okOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/26/2014I hadn't been since their opening month when I had an okay at best experience and realized I haven't missed much although the food quality has improved. We had a group of five and once we sat it took about 30 minutes for our food order to be taken, we ordered a bottle of wine it eventually came but it was poured and the waiter disappeared. Salads took another 30 minutes to arrive to our table and one had to be sent back due to an allergy issue and then 30 minutes from finishing salads to our main course. The restaurant had mostly full tables near the front area but the back was mostly empty as was the bar. We also had a battle of fruit flies during dinner we killed about 4.
- A good restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014I started off the evening by spilling white wine on myself, without even take a sip of it. They cleaned the area and brought me a fresh glass. I liked the Caesar salad but the whole leaves of romaine were difficult to cut with a butter knife. They should chop it up or give you a sharper knife to get through it. The ox tail croquettes were different and not bad! My steak was delicious and the pork belly mac and cheese is a must. Also, it is not on the menu but they bring you fresh French fries that are unlimited throughout the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bone marrow to die forRmedina85Dined on 8/23/2014it was a great meal.. overall a great time... it was kind of loud but as the night went on.. the crowds started to disappear so things got a bit less noisy. i did have the short rib for my dinner and it was to die for... i recommend people to try it..Special Features:
- Good StuffCPANIJA810Dined on 8/23/2014Keep up the good work! Never had a bad meal here. Food is always great and steak is always cooked to perfection. Their choices of sauces for the steak is fantastic, always great to have options. Wine list is great but would like to see more options for by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steakhouse in Boston!catlover99Dined on 8/23/2014The food was outstanding - tender, perfectly cooked steak and fantastic side dishes. I had the poutine style baked potato and the garlic spinach gratin and loved them both. I also appreciated the atmosphere - nice without feeling stuffy or overly formal, with attentive, classy service. I heartily recommend this restaurant for any steak-lover!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014Portions were decent, fried chicken was a lot. Everything tasted good! Waiter was very attentive.Special Features:
- Fan-taste-icmmmMeatDined on 8/22/2014The food was great and the service was kickin. This place gets top marks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boston Chops - Restaurant WeekGehoDined on 8/22/2014Had the oxtail croquettes. They were great with a good blend of sweet and spicy sauce on the side. Ordered the NY strip which came with arugula and frites. Steak and frites were on the salty side. Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timeChrisbostonDined on 8/21/2014Overall I had a great time !!! The service was good. Food was descent mash potatoes wasn't to great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/20/2014came here for dine out boston and got the $38 prix fixe menu. started with 4 oysters, then an 8 oz hanger steak - perfectly cooked medium rare, tender but still warm with the house sauce (which wasn't even needed), and fries that my boyfriend describe as "the perfect hybrid of mcdonald's and burger king." topped it off with the sticky toffee bread pudding dessert which was massive and delicious. we went home stuffed - not generally an expectation of mine when getting a "deal." wait staff was great, always present but not invasive. we each got a great glass of wine to go with. not to mention the fun popovers served in steel measuring cups! glad i got to check out the Boston Chops experience.Special Features:
- Aaaamazing!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/20/2014Boston Chops! Taking over the steakhouse scene . Cool , modern & hip . Delicious food & good vibes. Great service as well, Even when you have on shorts & a t shirt .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasty steakskmd34Dined on 8/19/2014I took my bf - who loves his steaks - here for his birthday. He had the hanger steak and I had the skirt steak. both were not steaks we usually order but these were so tasty and tender, we'd order them again. It was a beautiful summer night and we ate outside. When i went inside to use the rest room, it was a little noisier, maybe just compared to the quiet street. Desserts were delicious too and our server was attentive, funny, and helped with the wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & serviceLoisDined on 8/19/2014Split very good rib-eye steak. Best pop-over I ever had. Surprised baked & mashed potatoes both had horseradish--Not for my stomach !!!Special Features:
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/18/2014Visited during boston fine out week 2014. Actually did not choose from menu and got a steak and fries. Everything was excellent. Service was great. Manager stopped by to give me more fries. Thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I will come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boston ChopsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014For a prime steakhouse the meat wasn't the center of attention. it definitly dint eat like a prime NY strip and looked like a steak out of the meat case of the stop n shop. Why are cooks afraid to cook steak anymore! not much of a sear and i needed the steak knife to cut it. there was too much grizzle left on the plate for a prime steak, i have had better looking and eating steak at outback.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014We loved everything, bread, salad, dinner, dessert - it was fantasticSpecial Features:
- Outstanding dinnerirun2eatDined on 8/15/2014We were looking for a top-notch steak restaurant for entertaining out-of-town guests, and they were throughly impressed! Every part of the meal was outstanding, the popovers they serve as a starter, the calamari appetizer and iceberg salad, cocktails and wine, filets and chops (oh my, the cornbread!), sides of asparagus and horseradish mashed potatoes, and desserts (we tried three). Beautiful execution and unique flavors. Well worth the prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friends and kidsFastestGermanDined on 8/13/2014Got the big table at the wine vault for a dinner with friends and their kids, ordered from the menu plus some shared starters, and desserts, some variety of wine to go with. Really enjoyed it, food came out great, meat was done to perfection and waitress was very attentive. Will come back and recommend. Actually a friends' recommendation when we were looking for a place where the kids also can enjoy.Special Features:
- Perfect food but..girlyfoodieDined on 8/13/2014Perfect food as always & server was incredibly courteous, very polite but a big group of people dining behind us would have him disappear for the longest time. I had to pick up plates myself for our dessert & no one even noticed...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/Great servicejdfoodDined on 8/11/2014The food was amazing. We had a group of 9 people and everyone was amazed with the quality of food. They were very flexible as well. I had to adjust the reservation at-least three different times and they said "Okay" every time. Great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice South End RestaurantRickDined on 8/8/2014I know Boston well but had not dined in the South End before as I normally dine in the other areas of the city. North End, Beacon Hill etc. This was a really good find with great food and great service. The four of us were from the West Coast and flying blind when we selected this restaurant. We really enjoyed the service as she explained the different options. Food and sides were great. A nice steak house for those who dont want a high end steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go with the steak frites!brianna21Dined on 8/8/2014You can never go wrong with the steak frites. The fries come piping hot from a large bowl that the server brings around. Want a little more? Don't hesitate to ask. The waiters are happy to heap on another pile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool placebackbayfoodieVIPDined on 8/2/2014We are circling through all of the top Boston steakhouses, and Boston Chops was recommended. We had an 830 reservation and were informed the table wasn't ready. Finally seated 20 min. late after spending 10 min trying to get the bartender's attention for a quick drink. The salad and popovers were absolutely amazing, as was the bone-in filet. The 14 oz ribeye, while well-priced at $39 was a bit thin and good but nothing special. The highlight of the whole night was the "sticky pudding" dessert, their specialty, which was graciously comped by the manager after complaining about the late table. Table service was outstanding, and the overall experience was excellent, but perhaps very slightly below some of our favorites. We will be back!
- South Boston findBeansDined on 8/1/2014We were looking for a restaurant in the south end and tried Boston Chops. We were all very happy with the experience. Our waiter was very well-versed in the wine list and food preparation. The bread is served as little souffles in a metal cup. The hangar steak, accompanied by a wide selection of sauces, melts in your mouth. The loaded baked potato is the largest potato ever and we couldn't think of one more thing that could be added on top of it!Special Features:
- South End's Great SteakhouseBTBOSVIPDined on 7/31/2014I will say that I was quite surprised to find another great steakhouse that I would recommend to anyone asking for a suggestion. The steaks were unbelievable, great wine list, and good sides. Wasn't a fan of the horseradish mashed potatoes, but i think it's more me and not liking horseradish as much. Great bar scene, and very cool outdoor seating on Washington St overlooking Cathedral of the Holy Cross. I envy those in the South End who can walk there!Special Features:
- EnzoprivateDined on 7/29/2014This is obviously a great place for first time visitors in Boston. The place is nicely decorated even the ambience that night was quiet. Food and in particular, the meat were very good.
- Great steakhousePEHAPPYDined on 7/26/2014It was our last night in Boston before coming back to Montreal and we were looking for a great place to eat a good steak. We were really please with this restaurant. Our server (Brian) was really friendly and passionate about is job. I ordered a filet mignon and it was perfect. Actually, i think it was the best I ever ate. My gf ordered a flat iron steak who was pretty good and tender for the price. They have a great wine selection wich is a must in our opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a findehh11VIPDined on 7/26/2014First visit to Boston Chops....amazing meal....perfect service and a nice cool outdoor table. I am a Grill 23 fanatic but this one may get in the way. We will be back.Special Features:
- Brunch!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/26/2014Stumbled upon this place one morning, when a nearby brunch place wouldn't seat 5 outside because it was "their policy"... and I'm really glad they didn't! I thought it was just a steakhouse that would be open for lunch/dinner, but they've got brunch as well! They start you off with complimentary sticky buns which was a nice welcome. 5 of us there: 3 got huevos rancheros, 1 got fried chicken/biscuits, and I got the Brisket, shank & grilled tongue hash. One word: Deliciousness! Fast forward 20 mins, plates were wiped clean and we were leaving satisfied. Will definitely be back for brunch again! Great outdoor seating as well!Special Features:
- DeliciousBostonGalVIPDined on 7/25/2014Boston chops does it all well - service, food, and decor. I've gone for brunch and dinner and have been thoroughly impressed each timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!brittanyvictoriaDined on 7/23/2014Great service and AMAZING food! Calamari is always delicious!Special Features:
- Pricey but GoodFletchDined on 7/23/2014Although I wouldn't call it new anymore, I had been looking forward to check out a new steak house in town that would be a break from the stuffy steak houses of Boston. The food was great. The jumbo shrimp were huge, the wedge was fantastic and the sides were all great takes on classic offerings. The steak, well it was steak, but cooked well. They offer dipping sauces, stay away from the BBQ but all the others were great (you can ask for more than one). Cocktail list was great but the execution on some of them were a miss. Dessert was unneeded but well done, nothing new. It was expensive though, about 80-100 bucks pp. I'd go again, but to just grab a salad and some raw bar offerings at the bar. Great music, which was appreciated.Special Features:
- Food and Service were amazing!!MitchDined on 7/22/2014Everything was delicious. Our server was super attentive but not pushy. Absolutely Perfect!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic SteakhouseKatherine111Dined on 7/19/2014So impressed by our visit to Boston Chops. Everything we ordered had so much flavor from our cocktails, to french onion soup, to the hangar and skirt steak entrees. The service was also fantastic and very attentive. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!!!scoopDined on 7/19/2014Service and food was outstanding! Highly Recommend!Special Features: