1375 Washington St
Boston, MA 02118Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bostonchops.com/
- Phone: 6172275011x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar open at 4:00 until close
Dinner open at 5:00pm until 10:00pm (Thu - Sat until 11:00pm)
Brunch Saturday and Sunday - 10:00am until 3:00pm (Bar is open all day)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Christopher Coombs
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining
- Special Events: www.BostonChops.com
A word from Boston Chops
Contemporary, stylish and inviting, Boston Chops is a modern interpretation of a steak house.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Boston Chops - Best Restaurants in South End ›
Boston Chops reviews from OpenTable diners
207 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (115)fit for foodies (105)neighborhood gem (92)romantic (77)notable wine list (64)good for groups (64)hot spot (48)great for outdoor dining (45)vibrant bar scene (35)great for brunch (20)late-night find (19)great for lunch (11)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2014Our server was wonderful. The food was delicious. Overall it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJRBostonVIPDined on 10/15/2014The steaks at Boston Chops are some of the best I have ever had, and the service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boston Chopsbshea12Dined on 10/11/2014Went on the evening of Saturday October 11th, had the bone-in 14 oz filet, medium rare, tint de toro spanish red wine, a big one that paired perfectly. Server was excellent, the experience was a good one and I'll be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic for romantic evening!DanDDined on 10/11/2014I took my new wife for an overnight trip to Boston, and we found this gem of a restaurant. I had requested a special table as we were celebrating our honeymoon. They seated us at a perfect table and immediately brought us complimentary champagne. The service was impeccable, the drinks were perfect, and the food was absolutely delicious. Highest possible recommendation. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Fabulous RestauantFoodie555Dined on 10/7/2014This restaurant was so much fun - the ambience, the food, the waiter and all the other staff that tried to spoil us with just the right amount of attention. We all had steaks that were cooked to perfection. We also had Pork Belly Mac and Cheese that was so yummy, you must try it. I am just sorry this restaurant is not in Virginia!!!!Special Features:
- Oppi328VIPDined on 10/5/2014Boston Chops is a pretty restaurant with great service! The Caesar salad with white anchovies was delicious! The French fries come out hot in a copper bowl! The brussel sprouts were wonderful! My prime sirloin, however, was too dense and chewy. It may have been overcooked. It wasn't juicy or tasty enough to justify the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingAnnieDined on 10/3/2014Impeccable service, amazing food, one of my favorites in Boston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014I am Michaels mum,I come from New Zealand,also had friend from NZ,we found your restaurant to be very special,the food and services impeccable . Also Beautiful ambience. This is the second time Mike and I have been here. I have forwarded this to Mike. But I write this on behalf of us all. Thank you. Keep up the fantastic work etc. we will definetly return to try more dishes. The fillet steak was beautiful. Lorraine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/30/2014We bring a group on 8-10 top sales employees out once per Quarter as reward dinner. We have been to many great places over the years. This was our first time to Boston Chops. Everything was excellent - Seafood was fresh, steaks and sides were spot on, Service is top notch, great atmosphere. highly recommended, we'll be back!Special Features:
- Amazing aged beefSouthcoverDined on 9/29/2014Boston Chops met expectations! Its aged prime rib was wonderful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/28/2014Have been to Boston Chops many times and have always had a great time whether dining there with my partner or a small group of friends. The entire experience is memorable each and every time! Wish it were even closer to our condo . We would be there even more oftenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday nightjohnnypcDined on 9/26/2014I went to Chops with my wife and fifteen year old son. The popovers were very good and all of our meals were some of the best steaks we have eaten. The menu was unique in terms of the preparation, sauces and sides included with the meals. The meat was tender, flavorful and delicious. The service was good and the waiter insisted that I have some ice cream even though I ruled out dessert as it was my birthday and delivered a small serving with Happy Birthday written in chocolate sauce. The restaurant was not inexpensive so I would recommend and consider it for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently goodcageyleftyVIPDined on 9/20/2014Fine, attentive service, good food, Boston Chops is consistent in their quality. Could use some improvement in their side options, but entree is always tops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful SteakJohnTDined on 9/20/2014The steak that they served me was a junk piece of meat (70% was grissle and fat) and they tried to charge 70 BUCKS for it (irony--they called it the "Butcher's Cut")--also, these guys don't know the difference between rare and medium rare (In my experience, medium rare doesn't bleed--the manager said this was "their version" of medium rare--which make NO SENSE to me). That being said, the service was excellent and the staff were very kind and receptive (despite the fact they serve junk for food). I'll never go back here again and you shouldn't either--there are better places in Boston for quality steak...
- BeantownDined on 9/18/2014The porter house steak was amazing and well worth the price. The selection of wines were incredible and the drink menu was a lot of fun. The wait staff was professional, helpful and the waitress had a great personality. No complaints at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boston Chops RocksSundownerFoodieVIPDined on 9/14/2014I love Boston Chops…………from the popovers to the appetizers to the most delectable entrees, and a wonderful wine list, you can't go wrong. I'm a Back Bay resident, but this restaurant is definitely worth the extra $30 I spend on Uber. The short ribs dish is so delicious, it's a must try. The bolognese is so crazy yummy The pork belly mac and cheese, OMG! The service is always wonderful, but I do always request Jose. We love Jose!!! Jose provides awesome service, and he is super friendly, make sure to request a table with him. I love this restaurant so much, I've brought family members and friends here, and each time, everyone just raves about it. Thanks, Chris Coombs for another super duper restaurant.Special Features:
- jackVIPDined on 9/13/2014On a busy satrudady night one would expect a slow down in service but the waiter kept things ,moving along well. Food was hot and freshly prepared.Special Features:
- Was expecting moreCathyVIPDined on 9/13/2014After reading all of the great reviews we were so excited to try Boston Chop. Unfortunately everything fell short. VERY AVERAGE all around, table location, wait staff, food, and desserts. The hostesses were the highlight friendly and pleasant when we arrived and departed. Unfortunately a disappointment.Special Features:
- nothotDined on 9/12/2014It was a very busy Friday night at the restaurant. It was at least 10 minutes before a waiter came over and greeted us. Another 10+ minutes before we got a drink. He was very nice but clearly ver busy. Must have been understaffed. Waited a long time for food (we didn't mind b/c we weren't in a rush) but then food was lukewarm.
- Doesn't disappointnewfoodieDined on 9/12/2014Second time going to this resturaunt and it doesn't disappoint. The drinks are delicious, the staff is extremely knowledgeable and they don't rush you. Their food is top of the line, steak is the most delicious steak in Boston. The ambiance is excellent, you don't feel like your in a classic steak house when inside, you feel like you are in a trendy cozy restaurant!Special Features:
- so deliciousbostonienneDined on 9/3/2014I had been meaning to check out Boston Chops for a while; a relative came to town and provided the perfect opportunity. The food was absolutely superb. We got some of the prime cuts, and the quality of the meat was out of this world...not to mention that I actually got my steak as ordered: blue rare. My steak is almost always overcooked when I go out, honestly because I don't think people believe me when I tell them, "blue," but Boston Chops gets it. The wine list was a bit overpriced, but that's pretty much par for the course with steakhouses, so i can't blame them; just be prepare to pat for their excellent wines. Odds are, if you're there, you're going big anyway, so do it and enjoy! Service was flawless, personable and unobtrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost five stars!JohnVIPDined on 9/1/2014If it weren't for a couple of lapses in the service (15 minute for our apps / oysters to be served, second course brought out less than 2 minutes later but skillfully redirected by the manager before they actually presented it, had to ask twice for condiments), it would have been a five-star dinner. The oysters were well-shucked and delicious, the recommendation for a second course for me (beef heart) was amazing, and the steaks and sides (especially the spicy broccoli!!) were delicious! Although we enjoyed cocktails, the wine list was diverse with some very nice high-end wines without being exhausting to review. Overall - we will definitely be back and would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for an amazing meal!!Special Features:
- Great steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014My friends and I came here during RW but decided to try out the regular menu since we really wanted to try the better cut steaks. We all went for the prime rib eye steaks, ranging from the 14 oz. , 18 oz and 22 oz. Every steak was cooked perfectly and well seasoned, there was no need to order add'l sauce on the side, some had ordered a side of bone marrow which was an add'l $5. We also ordered the rigatoni bolognaise and wild mushroom cavatelli, both were delicious. Sides were duck fat fingerlings, bacon, grilled asparagus and herb roasted mushrooms. Dessert was the warm choc cake and pineapple cheesecake, def good choices. We were all satisfied with everything that we ordered, we intend to come back again!Special Features:
- The perfect dinnerStymieDined on 8/29/2014The service, quality of food, and atmospher were perfect. We have absolutely nothing negative to say. We felt very special enjoying a wonderful dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its NY strip made me forget filetWineandDineDined on 8/28/2014I went here for Dine Out/Restaurant Week on a date and had a great experience. We both stayed with the Dine Out offerings and weren't disappointed. The oysters were delicious and the oven roasted NY strip melted in my mouth. It was tender, and cooked perfectly without any trace of fat. Great list of wines to choose from as well. We opted to sit outside (which was very lovely) because upon checking in the front area smelled like a bathroom, which caught me off guard since the restrooms are way in the back of the restaurant. We were both exceptionally glad that there was seating outside, as the smell would have ruined a perfect night.Special Features:
- All hype!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014The service was worse than the mediocre food. ! 60$ for a bone in rib - eye ........... That could not have possibly been prime . The appetizer of calamari and mussels were pathetic in size and taste was on par with any average chain like restaurant ! The waiter , treated us like he was paying the overpriced tab himself . When we asked , nicely,to put in a few appetizers , he replied. "The chef wants the whole order at once " " because we cook everything fresh " .....was his answer. Implying other restaurants don 't ?? Overall it was a sad representation of what a steak should be. ! Sincerely never to return
- MfoodDined on 8/27/2014Food was very delicious! Good service! Oysters was wonderful. Oxtail was very deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodlovesgreatfoodDined on 8/27/2014I am delighted that restaurant week introduced us to this new favorite! We will return through out the year. Great food, atmosphere and service.Special Features:
- Superb wait staffFourFriendsDined on 8/27/2014Dinning experience was just great. Our waiter was terrific, our meal was served promptly and cooked perfectly to everyone's personal satisfaction. Simply delish!!!Special Features:
- Dine out BostonLyndaKDined on 8/26/2014Came here for dine out Boston with my boyfriend, and the overall experience here was nice. Service was good, I only gave 3 stars because it took them 30 minutes to give us our bill even when they looked over saw that we were no longer eating and just sitting there. The food was good, I mean I've had better at other steakhouses. I ordered the porkbelly mac and cheese and the porkbelly was cooked beautifully!! A must order!Special Features:
- oksouthendfoodieVIPDined on 8/26/2014I hadn't been since their opening month when I had an okay at best experience and realized I haven't missed much although the food quality has improved. We had a group of five and once we sat it took about 30 minutes for our food order to be taken, we ordered a bottle of wine it eventually came but it was poured and the waiter disappeared. Salads took another 30 minutes to arrive to our table and one had to be sent back due to an allergy issue and then 30 minutes from finishing salads to our main course. The restaurant had mostly full tables near the front area but the back was mostly empty as was the bar. We also had a battle of fruit flies during dinner we killed about 4.
- A good restaurantCSouthieDined on 8/26/2014I started off the evening by spilling white wine on myself, without even take a sip of it. They cleaned the area and brought me a fresh glass. I liked the Caesar salad but the whole leaves of romaine were difficult to cut with a butter knife. They should chop it up or give you a sharper knife to get through it. The ox tail croquettes were different and not bad! My steak was delicious and the pork belly mac and cheese is a must. Also, it is not on the menu but they bring you fresh French fries that are unlimited throughout the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bone marrow to die forRmedina85Dined on 8/23/2014it was a great meal.. overall a great time... it was kind of loud but as the night went on.. the crowds started to disappear so things got a bit less noisy. i did have the short rib for my dinner and it was to die for... i recommend people to try it..Special Features:
- Good StuffCPANIJA810Dined on 8/23/2014Keep up the good work! Never had a bad meal here. Food is always great and steak is always cooked to perfection. Their choices of sauces for the steak is fantastic, always great to have options. Wine list is great but would like to see more options for by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steakhouse in Boston!catlover99Dined on 8/23/2014The food was outstanding - tender, perfectly cooked steak and fantastic side dishes. I had the poutine style baked potato and the garlic spinach gratin and loved them both. I also appreciated the atmosphere - nice without feeling stuffy or overly formal, with attentive, classy service. I heartily recommend this restaurant for any steak-lover!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014Portions were decent, fried chicken was a lot. Everything tasted good! Waiter was very attentive.Special Features:
- Fan-taste-icmmmMeatDined on 8/22/2014The food was great and the service was kickin. This place gets top marks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boston Chops - Restaurant WeekGehoDined on 8/22/2014Had the oxtail croquettes. They were great with a good blend of sweet and spicy sauce on the side. Ordered the NY strip which came with arugula and frites. Steak and frites were on the salty side. Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timeChrisbostonDined on 8/21/2014Overall I had a great time !!! The service was good. Food was descent mash potatoes wasn't to great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/20/2014came here for dine out boston and got the $38 prix fixe menu. started with 4 oysters, then an 8 oz hanger steak - perfectly cooked medium rare, tender but still warm with the house sauce (which wasn't even needed), and fries that my boyfriend describe as "the perfect hybrid of mcdonald's and burger king." topped it off with the sticky toffee bread pudding dessert which was massive and delicious. we went home stuffed - not generally an expectation of mine when getting a "deal." wait staff was great, always present but not invasive. we each got a great glass of wine to go with. not to mention the fun popovers served in steel measuring cups! glad i got to check out the Boston Chops experience.Special Features: