1375 Washington St
Boston, MA 02118Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bostonchops.com/
- Phone: (617) 227-5011
- Hours of Operation:
Bar open at 4:00 until close
Dinner open at 5:00pm until 10:00pm (Thu - Sat until 11:00pm)
Brunch Sundays - 10:00am until 3:00pm (Bar is open all day)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Christopher Coombs
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining
- Special Events: www.BostonChops.com
A word from Boston Chops
Contemporary, stylish and inviting, Boston Chops is a modern interpretation of a steak house.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Boston Chops - Best Restaurants in South End ›
Boston Chops reviews from OpenTable diners
243 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (132)fit for foodies (132)neighborhood gem (110)good for groups (90)romantic (89)notable wine list (87)hot spot (68)vibrant bar scene (46)great for outdoor dining (44)great for brunch (30)late-night find (23)great for lunch (16)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (4)Show More
- nothotDined on 9/12/2014It was a very busy Friday night at the restaurant. It was at least 10 minutes before a waiter came over and greeted us. Another 10+ minutes before we got a drink. He was very nice but clearly ver busy. Must have been understaffed. Waited a long time for food (we didn't mind b/c we weren't in a rush) but then food was lukewarm.
- Doesn't disappointnewfoodieDined on 9/12/2014Second time going to this resturaunt and it doesn't disappoint. The drinks are delicious, the staff is extremely knowledgeable and they don't rush you. Their food is top of the line, steak is the most delicious steak in Boston. The ambiance is excellent, you don't feel like your in a classic steak house when inside, you feel like you are in a trendy cozy restaurant!Special Features:
- so deliciousbostonienneDined on 9/3/2014I had been meaning to check out Boston Chops for a while; a relative came to town and provided the perfect opportunity. The food was absolutely superb. We got some of the prime cuts, and the quality of the meat was out of this world...not to mention that I actually got my steak as ordered: blue rare. My steak is almost always overcooked when I go out, honestly because I don't think people believe me when I tell them, "blue," but Boston Chops gets it. The wine list was a bit overpriced, but that's pretty much par for the course with steakhouses, so i can't blame them; just be prepare to pat for their excellent wines. Odds are, if you're there, you're going big anyway, so do it and enjoy! Service was flawless, personable and unobtrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost five stars!JohnVIPDined on 9/1/2014If it weren't for a couple of lapses in the service (15 minute for our apps / oysters to be served, second course brought out less than 2 minutes later but skillfully redirected by the manager before they actually presented it, had to ask twice for condiments), it would have been a five-star dinner. The oysters were well-shucked and delicious, the recommendation for a second course for me (beef heart) was amazing, and the steaks and sides (especially the spicy broccoli!!) were delicious! Although we enjoyed cocktails, the wine list was diverse with some very nice high-end wines without being exhausting to review. Overall - we will definitely be back and would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for an amazing meal!!Special Features:
- Great steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014My friends and I came here during RW but decided to try out the regular menu since we really wanted to try the better cut steaks. We all went for the prime rib eye steaks, ranging from the 14 oz. , 18 oz and 22 oz. Every steak was cooked perfectly and well seasoned, there was no need to order add'l sauce on the side, some had ordered a side of bone marrow which was an add'l $5. We also ordered the rigatoni bolognaise and wild mushroom cavatelli, both were delicious. Sides were duck fat fingerlings, bacon, grilled asparagus and herb roasted mushrooms. Dessert was the warm choc cake and pineapple cheesecake, def good choices. We were all satisfied with everything that we ordered, we intend to come back again!Special Features:
- The perfect dinnerStymieDined on 8/29/2014The service, quality of food, and atmospher were perfect. We have absolutely nothing negative to say. We felt very special enjoying a wonderful dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its NY strip made me forget filetWineandDineDined on 8/28/2014I went here for Dine Out/Restaurant Week on a date and had a great experience. We both stayed with the Dine Out offerings and weren't disappointed. The oysters were delicious and the oven roasted NY strip melted in my mouth. It was tender, and cooked perfectly without any trace of fat. Great list of wines to choose from as well. We opted to sit outside (which was very lovely) because upon checking in the front area smelled like a bathroom, which caught me off guard since the restrooms are way in the back of the restaurant. We were both exceptionally glad that there was seating outside, as the smell would have ruined a perfect night.Special Features:
- All hype!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014The service was worse than the mediocre food. ! 60$ for a bone in rib - eye ........... That could not have possibly been prime . The appetizer of calamari and mussels were pathetic in size and taste was on par with any average chain like restaurant ! The waiter , treated us like he was paying the overpriced tab himself . When we asked , nicely,to put in a few appetizers , he replied. "The chef wants the whole order at once " " because we cook everything fresh " .....was his answer. Implying other restaurants don 't ?? Overall it was a sad representation of what a steak should be. ! Sincerely never to return
- MfoodDined on 8/27/2014Food was very delicious! Good service! Oysters was wonderful. Oxtail was very deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodlovesgreatfoodDined on 8/27/2014I am delighted that restaurant week introduced us to this new favorite! We will return through out the year. Great food, atmosphere and service.Special Features:
- Superb wait staffFourFriendsDined on 8/27/2014Dinning experience was just great. Our waiter was terrific, our meal was served promptly and cooked perfectly to everyone's personal satisfaction. Simply delish!!!Special Features:
- Dine out BostonLyndaKDined on 8/26/2014Came here for dine out Boston with my boyfriend, and the overall experience here was nice. Service was good, I only gave 3 stars because it took them 30 minutes to give us our bill even when they looked over saw that we were no longer eating and just sitting there. The food was good, I mean I've had better at other steakhouses. I ordered the porkbelly mac and cheese and the porkbelly was cooked beautifully!! A must order!Special Features:
- oksouthendfoodieVIPDined on 8/26/2014I hadn't been since their opening month when I had an okay at best experience and realized I haven't missed much although the food quality has improved. We had a group of five and once we sat it took about 30 minutes for our food order to be taken, we ordered a bottle of wine it eventually came but it was poured and the waiter disappeared. Salads took another 30 minutes to arrive to our table and one had to be sent back due to an allergy issue and then 30 minutes from finishing salads to our main course. The restaurant had mostly full tables near the front area but the back was mostly empty as was the bar. We also had a battle of fruit flies during dinner we killed about 4.
- A good restaurantCSouthieDined on 8/26/2014I started off the evening by spilling white wine on myself, without even take a sip of it. They cleaned the area and brought me a fresh glass. I liked the Caesar salad but the whole leaves of romaine were difficult to cut with a butter knife. They should chop it up or give you a sharper knife to get through it. The ox tail croquettes were different and not bad! My steak was delicious and the pork belly mac and cheese is a must. Also, it is not on the menu but they bring you fresh French fries that are unlimited throughout the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bone marrow to die forRmedina85Dined on 8/23/2014it was a great meal.. overall a great time... it was kind of loud but as the night went on.. the crowds started to disappear so things got a bit less noisy. i did have the short rib for my dinner and it was to die for... i recommend people to try it..Special Features:
- Good StuffCPANIJA810Dined on 8/23/2014Keep up the good work! Never had a bad meal here. Food is always great and steak is always cooked to perfection. Their choices of sauces for the steak is fantastic, always great to have options. Wine list is great but would like to see more options for by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steakhouse in Boston!catlover99Dined on 8/23/2014The food was outstanding - tender, perfectly cooked steak and fantastic side dishes. I had the poutine style baked potato and the garlic spinach gratin and loved them both. I also appreciated the atmosphere - nice without feeling stuffy or overly formal, with attentive, classy service. I heartily recommend this restaurant for any steak-lover!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014Portions were decent, fried chicken was a lot. Everything tasted good! Waiter was very attentive.Special Features:
- Fan-taste-icmmmMeatDined on 8/22/2014The food was great and the service was kickin. This place gets top marks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boston Chops - Restaurant WeekGehoDined on 8/22/2014Had the oxtail croquettes. They were great with a good blend of sweet and spicy sauce on the side. Ordered the NY strip which came with arugula and frites. Steak and frites were on the salty side. Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timeChrisbostonDined on 8/21/2014Overall I had a great time !!! The service was good. Food was descent mash potatoes wasn't to great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/20/2014came here for dine out boston and got the $38 prix fixe menu. started with 4 oysters, then an 8 oz hanger steak - perfectly cooked medium rare, tender but still warm with the house sauce (which wasn't even needed), and fries that my boyfriend describe as "the perfect hybrid of mcdonald's and burger king." topped it off with the sticky toffee bread pudding dessert which was massive and delicious. we went home stuffed - not generally an expectation of mine when getting a "deal." wait staff was great, always present but not invasive. we each got a great glass of wine to go with. not to mention the fun popovers served in steel measuring cups! glad i got to check out the Boston Chops experience.Special Features:
- Aaaamazing!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/20/2014Boston Chops! Taking over the steakhouse scene . Cool , modern & hip . Delicious food & good vibes. Great service as well, Even when you have on shorts & a t shirt .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasty steakskmd34Dined on 8/19/2014I took my bf - who loves his steaks - here for his birthday. He had the hanger steak and I had the skirt steak. both were not steaks we usually order but these were so tasty and tender, we'd order them again. It was a beautiful summer night and we ate outside. When i went inside to use the rest room, it was a little noisier, maybe just compared to the quiet street. Desserts were delicious too and our server was attentive, funny, and helped with the wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & serviceLoisDined on 8/19/2014Split very good rib-eye steak. Best pop-over I ever had. Surprised baked & mashed potatoes both had horseradish--Not for my stomach !!!Special Features:
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/18/2014Visited during boston fine out week 2014. Actually did not choose from menu and got a steak and fries. Everything was excellent. Service was great. Manager stopped by to give me more fries. Thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I will come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boston ChopsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014For a prime steakhouse the meat wasn't the center of attention. it definitly dint eat like a prime NY strip and looked like a steak out of the meat case of the stop n shop. Why are cooks afraid to cook steak anymore! not much of a sear and i needed the steak knife to cut it. there was too much grizzle left on the plate for a prime steak, i have had better looking and eating steak at outback.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014We loved everything, bread, salad, dinner, dessert - it was fantasticSpecial Features:
- Outstanding dinnerirun2eatDined on 8/15/2014We were looking for a top-notch steak restaurant for entertaining out-of-town guests, and they were throughly impressed! Every part of the meal was outstanding, the popovers they serve as a starter, the calamari appetizer and iceberg salad, cocktails and wine, filets and chops (oh my, the cornbread!), sides of asparagus and horseradish mashed potatoes, and desserts (we tried three). Beautiful execution and unique flavors. Well worth the prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friends and kidsFastestGermanDined on 8/13/2014Got the big table at the wine vault for a dinner with friends and their kids, ordered from the menu plus some shared starters, and desserts, some variety of wine to go with. Really enjoyed it, food came out great, meat was done to perfection and waitress was very attentive. Will come back and recommend. Actually a friends' recommendation when we were looking for a place where the kids also can enjoy.Special Features:
- Perfect food but..girlyfoodieDined on 8/13/2014Perfect food as always & server was incredibly courteous, very polite but a big group of people dining behind us would have him disappear for the longest time. I had to pick up plates myself for our dessert & no one even noticed...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/Great servicejdfoodDined on 8/11/2014The food was amazing. We had a group of 9 people and everyone was amazed with the quality of food. They were very flexible as well. I had to adjust the reservation at-least three different times and they said "Okay" every time. Great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice South End RestaurantRickVIPDined on 8/8/2014I know Boston well but had not dined in the South End before as I normally dine in the other areas of the city. North End, Beacon Hill etc. This was a really good find with great food and great service. The four of us were from the West Coast and flying blind when we selected this restaurant. We really enjoyed the service as she explained the different options. Food and sides were great. A nice steak house for those who dont want a high end steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go with the steak frites!brianna21Dined on 8/8/2014You can never go wrong with the steak frites. The fries come piping hot from a large bowl that the server brings around. Want a little more? Don't hesitate to ask. The waiters are happy to heap on another pile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool placebackbayfoodieVIPDined on 8/2/2014We are circling through all of the top Boston steakhouses, and Boston Chops was recommended. We had an 830 reservation and were informed the table wasn't ready. Finally seated 20 min. late after spending 10 min trying to get the bartender's attention for a quick drink. The salad and popovers were absolutely amazing, as was the bone-in filet. The 14 oz ribeye, while well-priced at $39 was a bit thin and good but nothing special. The highlight of the whole night was the "sticky pudding" dessert, their specialty, which was graciously comped by the manager after complaining about the late table. Table service was outstanding, and the overall experience was excellent, but perhaps very slightly below some of our favorites. We will be back!
- South Boston findBeansDined on 8/1/2014We were looking for a restaurant in the south end and tried Boston Chops. We were all very happy with the experience. Our waiter was very well-versed in the wine list and food preparation. The bread is served as little souffles in a metal cup. The hangar steak, accompanied by a wide selection of sauces, melts in your mouth. The loaded baked potato is the largest potato ever and we couldn't think of one more thing that could be added on top of it!Special Features:
- South End's Great SteakhouseBTBOSVIPDined on 7/31/2014I will say that I was quite surprised to find another great steakhouse that I would recommend to anyone asking for a suggestion. The steaks were unbelievable, great wine list, and good sides. Wasn't a fan of the horseradish mashed potatoes, but i think it's more me and not liking horseradish as much. Great bar scene, and very cool outdoor seating on Washington St overlooking Cathedral of the Holy Cross. I envy those in the South End who can walk there!Special Features:
- EnzoprivateDined on 7/29/2014This is obviously a great place for first time visitors in Boston. The place is nicely decorated even the ambience that night was quiet. Food and in particular, the meat were very good.
- Great steakhousePEHAPPYDined on 7/26/2014It was our last night in Boston before coming back to Montreal and we were looking for a great place to eat a good steak. We were really please with this restaurant. Our server (Brian) was really friendly and passionate about is job. I ordered a filet mignon and it was perfect. Actually, i think it was the best I ever ate. My gf ordered a flat iron steak who was pretty good and tender for the price. They have a great wine selection wich is a must in our opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a findehh11VIPDined on 7/26/2014First visit to Boston Chops....amazing meal....perfect service and a nice cool outdoor table. I am a Grill 23 fanatic but this one may get in the way. We will be back.Special Features: