1375 Washington St
Boston, MA 02118Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bostonchops.com/
- Phone: 6172275011x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar open at 4:00 until close
Dinner open at 5:00pm until 10:00pm (Thu - Sat until 11:00pm)
Brunch Saturday and Sunday - 10:00am until 3:00pm (Bar is open all day)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Christopher Coombs
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining
- Special Events: www.BostonChops.com
A word from Boston Chops
Contemporary, stylish and inviting, Boston Chops is a modern interpretation of a steak house.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Boston Chops - Best Restaurants in South End ›
Boston Chops reviews from OpenTable diners
207 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (114)fit for foodies (104)neighborhood gem (92)romantic (74)notable wine list (64)good for groups (64)hot spot (47)great for outdoor dining (44)vibrant bar scene (35)great for brunch (20)late-night find (19)great for lunch (11)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- tasty steakskmd34Dined on 8/19/2014I took my bf - who loves his steaks - here for his birthday. He had the hanger steak and I had the skirt steak. both were not steaks we usually order but these were so tasty and tender, we'd order them again. It was a beautiful summer night and we ate outside. When i went inside to use the rest room, it was a little noisier, maybe just compared to the quiet street. Desserts were delicious too and our server was attentive, funny, and helped with the wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & serviceLoisDined on 8/19/2014Split very good rib-eye steak. Best pop-over I ever had. Surprised baked & mashed potatoes both had horseradish--Not for my stomach !!!Special Features:
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/18/2014Visited during boston fine out week 2014. Actually did not choose from menu and got a steak and fries. Everything was excellent. Service was great. Manager stopped by to give me more fries. Thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I will come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boston ChopsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014For a prime steakhouse the meat wasn't the center of attention. it definitly dint eat like a prime NY strip and looked like a steak out of the meat case of the stop n shop. Why are cooks afraid to cook steak anymore! not much of a sear and i needed the steak knife to cut it. there was too much grizzle left on the plate for a prime steak, i have had better looking and eating steak at outback.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014We loved everything, bread, salad, dinner, dessert - it was fantasticSpecial Features:
- Outstanding dinnerirun2eatDined on 8/15/2014We were looking for a top-notch steak restaurant for entertaining out-of-town guests, and they were throughly impressed! Every part of the meal was outstanding, the popovers they serve as a starter, the calamari appetizer and iceberg salad, cocktails and wine, filets and chops (oh my, the cornbread!), sides of asparagus and horseradish mashed potatoes, and desserts (we tried three). Beautiful execution and unique flavors. Well worth the prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friends and kidsFastestGermanDined on 8/13/2014Got the big table at the wine vault for a dinner with friends and their kids, ordered from the menu plus some shared starters, and desserts, some variety of wine to go with. Really enjoyed it, food came out great, meat was done to perfection and waitress was very attentive. Will come back and recommend. Actually a friends' recommendation when we were looking for a place where the kids also can enjoy.Special Features:
- Perfect food but..girlyfoodieDined on 8/13/2014Perfect food as always & server was incredibly courteous, very polite but a big group of people dining behind us would have him disappear for the longest time. I had to pick up plates myself for our dessert & no one even noticed...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/Great servicejdfoodDined on 8/11/2014The food was amazing. We had a group of 9 people and everyone was amazed with the quality of food. They were very flexible as well. I had to adjust the reservation at-least three different times and they said "Okay" every time. Great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice South End RestaurantRickDined on 8/8/2014I know Boston well but had not dined in the South End before as I normally dine in the other areas of the city. North End, Beacon Hill etc. This was a really good find with great food and great service. The four of us were from the West Coast and flying blind when we selected this restaurant. We really enjoyed the service as she explained the different options. Food and sides were great. A nice steak house for those who dont want a high end steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go with the steak frites!brianna21Dined on 8/8/2014You can never go wrong with the steak frites. The fries come piping hot from a large bowl that the server brings around. Want a little more? Don't hesitate to ask. The waiters are happy to heap on another pile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool placebackbayfoodieVIPDined on 8/2/2014We are circling through all of the top Boston steakhouses, and Boston Chops was recommended. We had an 830 reservation and were informed the table wasn't ready. Finally seated 20 min. late after spending 10 min trying to get the bartender's attention for a quick drink. The salad and popovers were absolutely amazing, as was the bone-in filet. The 14 oz ribeye, while well-priced at $39 was a bit thin and good but nothing special. The highlight of the whole night was the "sticky pudding" dessert, their specialty, which was graciously comped by the manager after complaining about the late table. Table service was outstanding, and the overall experience was excellent, but perhaps very slightly below some of our favorites. We will be back!
- South Boston findBeansDined on 8/1/2014We were looking for a restaurant in the south end and tried Boston Chops. We were all very happy with the experience. Our waiter was very well-versed in the wine list and food preparation. The bread is served as little souffles in a metal cup. The hangar steak, accompanied by a wide selection of sauces, melts in your mouth. The loaded baked potato is the largest potato ever and we couldn't think of one more thing that could be added on top of it!Special Features:
- South End's Great SteakhouseBTBOSVIPDined on 7/31/2014I will say that I was quite surprised to find another great steakhouse that I would recommend to anyone asking for a suggestion. The steaks were unbelievable, great wine list, and good sides. Wasn't a fan of the horseradish mashed potatoes, but i think it's more me and not liking horseradish as much. Great bar scene, and very cool outdoor seating on Washington St overlooking Cathedral of the Holy Cross. I envy those in the South End who can walk there!Special Features:
- EnzoprivateDined on 7/29/2014This is obviously a great place for first time visitors in Boston. The place is nicely decorated even the ambience that night was quiet. Food and in particular, the meat were very good.
- Great steakhousePEHAPPYDined on 7/26/2014It was our last night in Boston before coming back to Montreal and we were looking for a great place to eat a good steak. We were really please with this restaurant. Our server (Brian) was really friendly and passionate about is job. I ordered a filet mignon and it was perfect. Actually, i think it was the best I ever ate. My gf ordered a flat iron steak who was pretty good and tender for the price. They have a great wine selection wich is a must in our opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a findehh11VIPDined on 7/26/2014First visit to Boston Chops....amazing meal....perfect service and a nice cool outdoor table. I am a Grill 23 fanatic but this one may get in the way. We will be back.Special Features:
- Brunch!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/26/2014Stumbled upon this place one morning, when a nearby brunch place wouldn't seat 5 outside because it was "their policy"... and I'm really glad they didn't! I thought it was just a steakhouse that would be open for lunch/dinner, but they've got brunch as well! They start you off with complimentary sticky buns which was a nice welcome. 5 of us there: 3 got huevos rancheros, 1 got fried chicken/biscuits, and I got the Brisket, shank & grilled tongue hash. One word: Deliciousness! Fast forward 20 mins, plates were wiped clean and we were leaving satisfied. Will definitely be back for brunch again! Great outdoor seating as well!Special Features:
- DeliciousBostonGalVIPDined on 7/25/2014Boston chops does it all well - service, food, and decor. I've gone for brunch and dinner and have been thoroughly impressed each timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!brittanyvictoriaDined on 7/23/2014Great service and AMAZING food! Calamari is always delicious!Special Features:
- Pricey but GoodFletchDined on 7/23/2014Although I wouldn't call it new anymore, I had been looking forward to check out a new steak house in town that would be a break from the stuffy steak houses of Boston. The food was great. The jumbo shrimp were huge, the wedge was fantastic and the sides were all great takes on classic offerings. The steak, well it was steak, but cooked well. They offer dipping sauces, stay away from the BBQ but all the others were great (you can ask for more than one). Cocktail list was great but the execution on some of them were a miss. Dessert was unneeded but well done, nothing new. It was expensive though, about 80-100 bucks pp. I'd go again, but to just grab a salad and some raw bar offerings at the bar. Great music, which was appreciated.Special Features:
- Food and Service were amazing!!MitchDined on 7/22/2014Everything was delicious. Our server was super attentive but not pushy. Absolutely Perfect!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic SteakhouseKatherine111Dined on 7/19/2014So impressed by our visit to Boston Chops. Everything we ordered had so much flavor from our cocktails, to french onion soup, to the hangar and skirt steak entrees. The service was also fantastic and very attentive. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!!!scoopDined on 7/19/2014Service and food was outstanding! Highly Recommend!Special Features:
- OverpricedGaruVIPDined on 7/18/2014Way overpriced for what you get. Appetizer was tasteless....main course minimal....dessert goodSpecial Features:
- Third B-Chops brunch in three weeksDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 7/13/2014…and it's been good every time. Something for everyone from grandma through young diners. About ready to take the show somewhere else for a break - but it's only because grandma is starting to remember that we've been there before. The novelty held up for 3 weeks though. She got to enjoy the huevos rancheros 3 Sundays in a row - and each time as if the first. Don't forget to visit the Cathedral across the way after brunch - or if you've got time take in SOWA Sunday.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/12/2014Outstanding dining experience, great menu, highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- GlenVIPDined on 7/11/2014great steaks and special items..interesting drink menu..Ambience is balanced. Downtown steak place with South end vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salty food and slow serviceLizDDined on 7/8/2014I'd been looking forward to trying Boston Chops for a while. Probably my mistake for ordering something besides beef. Everything was too salty and getting and paying the bill shouldn't take over 10 minutes.
- Great Restauranttoms33Dined on 7/6/2014Boston Chops was a recommendation by a friend for dinner for me and my girlfriend and it ended up being the best dine-out dinner I have had in years. The waitress was very knowledgable with regards to both the food selection as well as the drink and wine pairings. The appetizers and main courses were exceptional. Overall a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neightborhood FindMetroWestFoodieDined on 7/1/2014Boston Chops is my favorite go to restaurant for business dinners and special occasions. The best steak I've ever eaten and service is impeccable. You won't be dispaointedSpecial Features:
- Great steak houseddf8VIPDined on 6/29/2014Usually steak places are unbelievably expensive--this one was reasonable and fabulous. Outstanding service and overall great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable.Ted1VIPDined on 6/28/2014The food was quite good. The steaks and especially the fried chicken were very well prepared. Try the spicy broccoli -- unusual and a treat. The warm chocolate cake was exceptionally good. The tables for two are a little small; we requested a booth, which came with a seat very, very soft, so you sunk down. It was actually uncomfortable, as was the loud hard rock music. Two very odd and unpleasant features for an otherwise really enjoyable meal and evening experience.Special Features:
- Fit for foodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/27/2014Apps out of the ordinary. Raw bar along with items such as chicken fried sweetbreads and roasted bone marrow. Beef dishes were good but a bit pricey. Desserts were outstanding and service was impeccable. And excellent addition to the south end dining scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehneulptDined on 6/21/2014We went on a Saturday night hoping for a small, well prepared, rational piece of good red meat. (We usually split an 8 oz filet)...The evening started with the waitress spilling a drink on the party next to us...It was not the spill-but their shocked discussion about lack of a management reaction to the spill that occupied our attention for the next 1 1/2 hours as we waited for our food. Our waitress was very inexperienced, kept promising to come right back and then vanishing. We also felt she kept suggesting 10 and 14 oz options (selling up)....It is really a shame as the food was quite good. Our feeling is that they are understaffed for the loud and energetic crowd. To be fair--it must be doing something right as it was packed.Special Features:
- The following 404 reviews are from the Boston Chops reviews archive.
- Rarely in Boston; a special treatmadaboutmeatDined on 6/21/2014We came looking for great meat (of all varieties) and we found it! Beautiful NY strip, delicious pork chop, perfectly prepared cow heart...and on top of that, the salads were wonderful, the ceviche was very nice, and the waitstaff was the all we could ask for. I would go again most definitely when in search of good meat!Special Features:
- weekend brunchellebeeVIPDined on 6/21/2014I didn't know brunch was served here, but it was listed on the thrillist app and had good reviews, so I decided to try it out. It was a prefect day, so i was glad we could get a table outside. the place was not overly busy, we were seated promptly, and service was good. they allowed substitutions to menu items, so i was able to get the cornbread. it was a bit dry. the kale omelet was delicious. my friend had the huevos rancheros which were very sweet, i think because of mole sauce. could have used a little more seasoning. Overall though, the food was very good. side of bacon was perfect. would have brunch here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent customer servicefoodie617Dined on 6/20/2014The staff were very attentive and friendly. They went above and beyond to explain the menu since it was me and my husband's first time there. It was a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot4FoodVIPDined on 6/20/2014Very enjoyable Friday evening dinner with good food and attentive service. We tried appetizers ranging from the more we'll-known (mussels, a fresh ceviche) to more uncommon (roasted marrow), all very good. Most of us went for different steak frites varieties (skirt, hanger) - all we'll executed and tasty. We also tried braised short ribs which were great. Overall, we left satisfied and in a great mood!Special Features:
- ChopMerimanVIPDined on 6/18/2014The food is very good. Service is impeccable. Must have is Bone ,arrow and cheeks. Steaks are cooked to perfection. Pork belly Mac and cheese is delicious . Don't skip dessert.Special Features: