5716 York Rd
Baltimore, MD 21212Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bosphorusbistro.com/
- Phone: 4103230300x
- Hours of Operation:
3pm to 10pm everyday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Cafe, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Bosphorus Bistro
BYOB. Amazing food culture. Come and experience exotic Medterranean and Middle Eastern Cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bosphorus Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance2.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (2)good for groups (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/21/2014the worst restaurant experience ever, awful waiter who was owner or owners son if I am not mistaken. being on his cell more important than customer service just a terrible wasted eve ning
- give this restaurant a chancerjbaltDined on 7/17/2014The food was really great. My boyfriend and I went on a week night and it was really quiet. Only one other couple. We were concerned that it wasnt going to be good but once our food started to come out....yum! Their falafel was just OK but the hummus and our main courses were fantastic. Our server was nice and informative. I only wish they had more customers...we really hope itll be around as a delicious week night fun dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/12/2014Fairly new restaurant with a very likable and eager owner who wants to please. On a Saturday night there was only one other table occupied at 7:30, and just a few more filled in later. Appetizers were large and combination of Mediterranean dips was plenty for four people. Grilled lamb chops were well seasoned and prepared medium rare as ordered. A dinner of mixed sliced lamb and beef with a tomato sauce served over grilled pita and surrounded by rice was very good and too much for one person. Desserts were typical Turkish fare but not to our taste, so we did not order. Turkish coffee and tea were also good. Service by owner was outstanding, perhaps because we were only one of a few tables. Would go back again to try different dishesSpecial Features:
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/27/2014We've been here at least three times. It's no longer BYOB. We think the food is quite yummy and done well. Calamari, baba ghanoush and lamb chips are my faves. The service is imperfect (yet charming), but they try really hard and do it with a smile. We'll be back!Special Features:
- The following 16 reviews are from the Bosphorus Bistro reviews archive.
- like it!RSoutDined on 6/18/2014I ve been here twice owner really energic about making this place work. Limited menu but what they have is good. Can't wait till they expand their menu. Go wan't to see this place grow and they deliver in the neighborhoodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much fun!out4dinnerDined on 6/14/2014The food was delicious! We had the 'Turkish ravioli", mixed kabob and vegetable kabob. The Turkish tea was wonderful. But the highlight of the evening was the service. Our waitress, Jasmine, could not do enough for us, including setting the music volume to our liking. We even had the erasure of meeting the owner, Junae, and were delighted with stories of his adventures. Overall, a top-notch experience. We will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great neighborhood spotRSoutDined on 5/31/2014Food was different. Server was good.the atmosphere was really nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Neighborhood SpotdineDined on 5/31/2014We had an enjoyable early evening dinner before the movies. The host was very attentive and had time to talk to us about the Mediterranean/Middle Eastern dishes we ordered. We were happy to find out that Bosphorus had just received its liquor license. The food was very tasty and plentiful. Some of the desserts we hadn't seen in comparable Medit./Mid. East restaurants for many years.Special Features:
- Excellent Mediterranean foodChrisVIPDined on 4/6/2014We had a Groupon that needed to get used, and decided to give the bistro a try. The food was delicious, the service was excellent. I wish I'd remembered that the place was dry and we had to bring our own bottles. But it was okay - the food was great and I didn't need to drink to enjoy it. (Although next time we will bring our own bottle!)Special Features:
- Pretty good Mediterranean foodFoodieDined on 3/29/2014Food and service is good. Compared to other Turkish restaurants in town, the food is as good and is cheaper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Turkish foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2014Although not what I expected, the food was very good and the service was as well. Small bistro atmosphere very much reminded me of places in Turkey. I will definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighborhood place.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/21/2014Food was good. Service was confusing though we had 3 different servers assist us which lead to some confusion with our order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good and theIrisbpVIPDined on 2/11/2014The food was good and the service was very attentive.
- Great for before or afterFoodie1Dined on 2/8/2014Great for before or after a visit to the Senator Theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasty food, iffy serviceNotQuiteAFoodieVIPDined on 1/10/2014What to say? Maybe we just had bad luck, but waiting for 20 minutes to get your first glass of water or a chance to put in your order, in a restaurant with less than half the tables occupied, does not qualify as acceptable service. Once we pointed it out to the staff they were kind enough, but not really knowledgeable about the food. After that the food came quickly, and it was tasty. So Bosphorus is not a bad place to go for dinner if you visit the neighborhood or live there. It's conveniently located relative to the Senator, but if it wants to keep attracting patrons on its own merits, there is some room for improvement.
- Great ethnic foodzennyDined on 1/4/2014This is a great neighborhood place and one to go to before or after a movie at the Senator. Good Turkish food with the option of also getting pizza from next door, Toss. it is also BYOBSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food & warm service= a winnerjedsterVIPDined on 1/3/2014definitely a find and good food. really aim to please and the eggplant lamb dish on Friday is a must order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time theretylertonDined on 12/31/2013Food was great at this new reseraunt . Service needs much improvement. One of our appetizers was doubled and one was forgotton completely. We asked for additional pita bread and never received it even though we asked 3 times and the bill was calculated wrong. I would go again as the food was so good. However I would hope service would improveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great every day food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/28/2013This is a perfect place for a casual, inexpensive dinner out. Lots of healthy foods and we thought the grilled meats and vegetables were delicious. We love that we can bring our own wine and no corkage fee! The owner made a point to come over and chat with us and the service was good. Perfect for a mid week night out or a quick meal before a movie at the Senator.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Middle East on York RdNjalVIPDined on 11/6/2013From what I know of Middle Eastern food, this is good, standard stuff. I especially liked the manti ( sort of like tiny ravioli), The desserts were good I had the Irmik Helva. It BYOB, which strongly suggest, as all that is on offer is Turkish soda and a tart liquid yogurt.Special Features: