Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine - Winter Park
108 S Park Avenue
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
TurkishPrice: $30 and under
Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine - Winter Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bosphorousrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (407) 644-8609
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Turkish
- Executive Chef: Halil Ertane
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Nejla Ozturk 407 644 8609
- Entertainment: Live Turkish Music featuring Aydin Kutluay. Turkish music is a wonderful blend of Turkish Flamenco (guitar) and a 130 stringed instrument called a Kanoon. Music is available Thursday and Sunday nights from 7PM - 9PM. We also feature 2 for 1 martinis at this time.
- Cross Street: Morse
- Public Transit: The Lynx bus system has multiple stops along Park Avenue, Fairbanks, and Morse.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Located in the heart of the upscale Winter Park neighborhood the restaurant is fortunate to be within short distance of free parking. The parking is available on Park Avenue, Morse Boulevard, and the Amtrak Station (New York Avenue and Morse Boulevard).
A word from Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine - Winter Park
Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine is a family owned business, established in 2005, that offers variety of authentic Turkish food from many regions of Turkey. Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine adapted its name from one of the oldest cities in the world, Istanbul, which was once known as the Constantinople in the early 13th century. The name “Bosphorous” taken from the strait that lies in the center of Istanbul connecting the Black Sea and the Sea of Marmara, Europe to Asia. The decor of this eatery is kept to minimum to draw the attention to the food. The intent was to create a modernized, warm authentic atmosphere by taking the old elements of Istanbul and combining it with some modern influences to create a truly unique experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine - Winter Park reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (59)neighborhood gem (57)great for outdoor dining (45)special occasion (40)good for groups (37)great for lunch (25)romantic (24)hot spot (15)notable wine list (10)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (6)scenic view (6)Show More
- foodfanVIPDined on 11/22/2014Our table was ready when we arrived. Our server was knowledgeable and efficient. The food was hot and the portions generous. We took home enough for the next day's lunch. We have dined here numerous times and always enjoy our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Turkish food in all of central Florida by farLananmDined on 11/21/2014Great appetizers including hummus haydari tarama and babaganoush to name a few. The chicken sauté is amazing for an entree but they have many vegetarian options as well. I'm not a vegetarian but I do love falafel and theirs is delicious. Definitely recommend. Great restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turkish Cuisine DelightFSJ49Dined on 11/16/2014Best place for Turkish food! Service is attentive and friendly. Location on Park Ave. is lovely. Have eaten here several times and the food quality has been wonderful every time. It's a must establishment to experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently one of Winter Park's BestHuskerDaddyDined on 11/15/2014Enjoyed another great meal at Bosphorous. Owner Tammy is spot on making sure service and meal are as expected. The lavos bread with mixed appetizer plate and lamb shanks never fail to be great choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a great place. The food is excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014The food is great - the Lavash is incredible. We have gone back several times. The people are very friendly as well!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly Recommended Dining SpotRosemaryDined on 11/5/2014Bosphorous is my favorite restaurant in Winter Park, which has its' fair share of nice dining options. I'm a creature of habit and I always order the Chicken Saute with Lemon Sauce as I love lemons. The Lavas bread is not to be missed, I pair it with their Haydari yogurt dip. Salads are generously sized and can easily be shared. The jasmine rice mixture that accompanies the entrees is delicious as well and I always get a container to go for my little doggies.Special Features:
- Don't go hungrySampsonDined on 11/2/2014I love Turkish food. Bosphorous food is really good. That being said the portions are small. We went as a group of 7. In traditional Turkish fashion we asked if they had a mixed grill that would feed the table. They said yes. What we were served was only good for 2 people. Portion size on everything is very small. Another great example....we ordered 3 appetizers all of which is traditionally served with bread. None came. We asked for pita bread for the table. Our server brought us 1 piece cut in 4 squares??? We stopped by a drive thru on the way home. Our waiter was very slow and seemed new. Over all good food, very slow service, and very small portions for the money.Special Features:
- Fabulous 30th!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/27/2014Bosphorous has a unique style and has varieties for all tastes (my vegetarian grandmother to my moms 3 year old). We shared appetizers and menu items that were SO delicious. One of the best things is the appetizer plate. Never disappointed! And did I tell you about the chocolate hazelnut baklava?!? It's amazing, especially with the pistachio gelato! They served with a candle and put the cherry on top of my big birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014we took some friends who had not been there and had a very enjoyable evening. food is always great and service was very good. amazingly consistent. i hiope they are in business for a long timeSpecial Features:
- Turkish DelightMWS6Dined on 10/23/2014The freshest best turkish food in town... an authentic meal with great flavors ... a neighborhood treat.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/23/2014love this place. the food is amazing. it is very romantic inside and just quiet enough. the service was wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't be my last visit.ThespotthoDined on 10/13/2014Was celebrating my best friend's birthday and his restaurant of choice was Bosphorous. i was not reluctant to try it out because I would alway pas by and smell the wonderful aromas of the dishes prepared there. Well I can honestly say my nose did not fail me! The food was great, atmosphere was pleasant and our waiter Abe sealed the deal. I will be back with others. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New love of Turkish CuisineLauraLovesSeafoodDined on 10/11/2014We ate our early dinner al fresco. Thank goodness because the inside was super busy and packed. We had symphony tickets so were happy the restaurant could accommodate us and get us to the show on time. The food at Bosphorous is fresh and delicious and, much to my surprise, not heavy or overpowering — which I always thought it was. Hands down, the absolute best hummus I've ever had. Thanks Bosphorous!Special Features:
- Good food and Service was excellentWanderingFoodie386Dined on 10/4/2014I read the reviews and was worried that the service would be a problem, not so. We arrived and was immediately taken to our table. We discussed our wine options and wanted to try the Turkish wine so the waiter brought a sample. On to the appetizer sample that was very good and then the grill sampler. There was so much food we got a doggie bag. We will be back I am sure.
- Food Just OKSeaCrisVIPDined on 10/4/2014While the service and ambiance was good, the food was just average.Special Features:
- NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/23/2014I long for a place where you can hear each other talk.
- RockDined on 9/20/2014Food was overall very good. Had reservations but still seated 35 mins late.
- Good Food & FriendsDolphinjls7Dined on 9/20/2014Bosphorous had a nice cuisine that's not typical in everyday dining. Authentic Turkish?Middle East food, with wonderful flavor & large portions. A high on the noise factor but still a good place to meet friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try it! You'll like it!getinmybellyDined on 9/20/2014My husband isn't the most adventurous person when it comes to new foods, but I really wanted him to try Bosphorous. I was fortunate to eat at Bosphorous for a work function and have been raving about it ever since. He finally buckled and we made our reservations. He didn't know what to order so he went with the mixed grill to try a bit of everything. He loved it all. I enjoyed the beef sis kabobs and we had the lavas with hummus and baba ganoush. It was all amazing. The mixed grill is HUGE so come hungry or prepare to have leftovers. It was busy so service was a tad slow, but we were enjoying our food so much we didn't care. I'm so excited that my husband tried a new culinary delight and loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!CCRN2010Dined on 9/19/2014Food was great, steak kebabs were increadiable, waiter was very helpful and attentive. Would definitely recommend for a date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceJackiePDined on 9/18/2014The food is phenomenal, the service is excellent, and the atmosphere is very quaint. Bosphorous is our favorite Winter Park restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service lackingOtownDinerDined on 9/14/2014Pros: The food was good with more than sufficient portions. Great menu. Cons: While the server was very friendly, appetizer plates stayed on the table until we were finished with our entrées, not enough silverware was brought for dessert, and it took multiple requests to get a bag for our to go box. We were also disappointed that they were out of our first choice for our entrée and that there were no lamb dishes on the Magical Dining menu. Overall, it was no more than an average experience, but I would probably give them a second chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleased experienceaking83VIPDined on 9/13/2014The only draw back to this experience, was we had to wait 15-20 minutes before being greeted by a server after sitting down. The food is superb, and always delicious. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Turkish Delight!DiningDivaDined on 9/13/2014My friend and I tried this restaurant out for Magical Dining Month. The restaurant staff was super friendly from our hostess to our server to the manager greeting everyone. The food was very good. It was a LOT of food and we both took home leftovers--which is always nice! Overall great experience and I would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itOrloldieDined on 9/12/2014Great service, great food and great ambiance. !!!! !!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit or Miss with ServersSnobbyEaterVIPDined on 9/12/2014We have been to Bosphorous before and had a great server for our inaugural visit. She was very knowledgeable about the menu and made excellent recommendations. Our last experience wasn't that great. We wanted to try different dishes, but our server was hesitant to recommend anything. It appeared as though she needed additional training on the dishes and how to make recommendations. We had to take it upon ourselves to make the dining experience all that we wanted it to be by ask another server questions about the menu. He was knowledgeable and very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!Erocks23Dined on 9/6/2014Went with a group of friends for magical dining month. The place was packed and they do not have a waiting area so a reservation is a must. Dinner was incredible. The food was so fresh and one of a kind. I look forward to going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding performance1fussyfoodieDined on 9/6/2014Had out of town guests in who never experienced Turkish cuisine. They can't wait to come back. We had the best service, best waiter and the manager (Joe)stopped by to ensure all was in order. We couldn't have been more pleased with the overall quality of Bosphorous. We shall return - SOON !Special Features:
- Never dissatisfiedGracieW103Dined on 9/6/2014Wonderful food once again. The portions seem to have gotten a bit smaller, but none the less it is tasty. While their outside dining is nice, in the dead heat of a Florida summer it may be more enjoyable for some to sit inside, so my suggestion would be to make reservations ahead of time. The lavas as always is outstanding.Special Features:
- We love it....Bells2014Dined on 8/31/2014I've been there last year and come back to prove they are really very good.Special Features:
- CarolineDined on 8/30/2014Great experience. Food was excellent and atmosphere was fun. We even tried the green Raki. I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great food, great valuePickyEaterDined on 8/30/2014This was my fourth visit to Bosphorus, though I don't live in the region. The food is excellent, the portions are huge and the service is friendly and efficient. I had the Doner Kebap, two of my companions had the Chicken Adana and my sister had the Lamb Kefte. All were terrfic. Of course the puffy lavash is not to be missed!Special Features:
- Good service and beautiful spotmie8Dined on 8/26/2014The service was very good and the spot was so beautiful with a view of the park. I asked for a frie calamari and there was a lit bit too oil on that... Then I asked for a salad and that was realy good.
- Outstanding food, friendly staffDCDinnerDined on 8/23/2014The food was as authentic as it gets with great flavor, authentic ingredients and generous portions. This vibrant restaurant doesn't have a waiting area, which makes for a uncomfortable greeting process. However, this is offset by the friendly waiting staff and outstanding food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodfanVIPDined on 8/23/2014We were seated right on time for our reservation. The food was excellent and the portions very generous. We took home enough for a second meal. Service was attentive and responsive. All in all an excellent mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited Turkisk experienceAusBobDined on 8/23/2014Small cramped indoor especially for 2 people. Several tables are set up in the walkway in which wait staff is constantly buzzing by as well as patrons headed to the toilets. Lighting was poor and many people needed their phones to see the menu. Appetizer bread and dips were fantastically fresh. Lamb was overcooked and fish was unedible. Servings were generous. Desert of baklava was very aromatic. They have a house desert involving shredded pastry and cheese. Not a good texture and taste match. Overall a high price restaurant in which the food falls short.Special Features:
- Love this PlaceSasb4Dined on 8/20/2014Bosphorous is always delicious. The food is just so good and the service was outstanding. It is one of our favorite places to dine. Oh that lavosh bread is just so yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all aroundBerniceDined on 8/20/2014Excellent authentic Turkish cuisine staff was very knowledgable and helpful with gluten free options. Staff is professional, attentive and courteous. Our third visit from out of state and we will be returning !! Excellent !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Client Dinner SUPERBDhurtakVIPDined on 8/17/2014I live in South Florida but travel to Central Florida on business..this is my go to destination for clients.. something for everyone. great food, service, and ambience..LOVE IT!Special Features:
- Fortuitous second choiceRadicalToadDined on 8/16/2014We'd actually went to another restaurant first and been disappointed with the menu, so we googled restaurants in the area and found this. We'd not heard of it before, but took a chance and it turned out to be wonderful. The food was delicious - Tamara (caviar, olive oil, lemon juice - but it seemed more like a cheese - possibly the oil was emulsified - whatever, it was awesome) with the bread (can't recall what it is called, but it looks like a pillow). Lamb Sis Kebap for an entree - perfectly spiced and perfectly cooked. Our server let us sample a couple wines before we made our wine choice, which I love. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features: