Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine - Winter Park
108 S Park Avenue
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
TurkishPrice: $30 and under
Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine - Winter Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bosphorousrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (407) 644-8609
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Turkish
- Executive Chef: Halil Ertane
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Nejla Ozturk 407 644 8609
- Entertainment: Live Turkish Music featuring Aydin Kutluay. Turkish music is a wonderful blend of Turkish Flamenco (guitar) and a 130 stringed instrument called a Kanoon. Music is available Thursday and Sunday nights from 7PM - 9PM. We also feature 2 for 1 martinis at this time.
- Cross Street: Morse
- Public Transit: The Lynx bus system has multiple stops along Park Avenue, Fairbanks, and Morse.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Located in the heart of the upscale Winter Park neighborhood the restaurant is fortunate to be within short distance of free parking. The parking is available on Park Avenue, Morse Boulevard, and the Amtrak Station (New York Avenue and Morse Boulevard).
A word from Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine - Winter Park
Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine is a family owned business, established in 2005, that offers variety of authentic Turkish food from many regions of Turkey. Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine adapted its name from one of the oldest cities in the world, Istanbul, which was once known as the Constantinople in the early 13th century. The name “Bosphorous” taken from the strait that lies in the center of Istanbul connecting the Black Sea and the Sea of Marmara, Europe to Asia. The decor of this eatery is kept to minimum to draw the attention to the food. The intent was to create a modernized, warm authentic atmosphere by taking the old elements of Istanbul and combining it with some modern influences to create a truly unique experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine - Winter Park reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (59)neighborhood gem (57)great for outdoor dining (45)special occasion (40)good for groups (37)great for lunch (25)romantic (24)hot spot (15)notable wine list (10)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (6)scenic view (6)Show More
- Great cuisine!imemwhiteyDined on 4/25/2014Enjoyed the service very much. Food was cooked beautifully. Would recommend highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodjcarlyandtheteethDined on 4/25/2014not a lot to say but spectacular food and desserts. would recommend to anyoneSpecial Features:
- Always PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/24/2014One of our favorite restaurants in Central Florida. You can get a healthy, fresh and tasty meal of the highest quality ingredients. They are willing to make substitutions to accommodate special diets.Special Features:
- Great anniversary spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/22/2014Took my girlfriend for our anniversary and neither of us had been there before. The food was outstanding (get the bread appetizer w/ the yogurt dip, and for the meal split the meat sampler entree), and the wine and beer recommendations were perfect. Our waitress had the perfect balance of being attentive but not obtrusive, and had great recommendations - we she guided our ordering, and it was perfect. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Excellent Turkish specialtiesOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/17/2014Impressive, freshly baked lavas (hollow bread) that needs to be cut into to let the steam out. We chose the duo portions of ezme (a dipping sauce with fresh tomatoes, red & green peppers, red onion, walnuts, garlic, parsley, dill pickles, jalapeño and lemon juice) and baba ganoush with a fine smoky flavor. Great way to enjoy the lavas! The Doner Kebab was a generous portion to share, complete with rice, carrots, red onions & beets. Attentive service so that we could head out to drive to the airport. Fine & memorable meal to cap off our Florida visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant changeDNiceDined on 4/15/2014This was our second visit to this restaurant. The food is very good and the service is excellent. We had the same server both times and she was very good at making recommendations. You need to like lamb to enjoy this restaurant. The Lamb Sis with yogurt is great, however if you order the Vegetable Saute and add lamb you end up with more lamb than vegetables. Efes beer is always good.Special Features:
- Bourbon and lambLbciiiDined on 4/13/2014If you like lamb, this is the place to go! Also, I wasn't expecting this but they had a surprising list of bourbon based specialty drinks that we're excellent. Large portions, great food, good place to share family style.Special Features:
- Consistently great food and servicejpljrVIPDined on 4/12/2014This was our second visit with another couple and once again the food was great and service attentive and friendly. Food portions are very large and always delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodLPinFLVIPDined on 4/12/2014Had our second meal at Bosphorus recently, and enjoyed everything! All three courses were delicious. Four of us tasted just about all dishes, and nothing disappointed. Add great service and moderate prices for large portions; we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistent gemluluDined on 3/31/2014This is a favorite for service and food!! Love introducing new people to this restaurant. Once we do it becomes one of their favorites too!!Special Features:
- Fantastic ExperienceMDS13Dined on 3/29/2014Loved our meal at Bosphorous! The service was excellent, as was the food. We had the Lavas bread and humus, which was fantastic. Don't miss it! My wife's Beef Tenderloin Kabab was incredibly tender and full of flavor. My Lamb Saute was a hearty and robust stew that I'll definitely be ordering again. Wish I could've tried desert, but the portions were huge and I just didn't have room. As it is, I have leftovers for tomorrow. Just keep in mind that you're in Winter Park and parking is a nightmare, so plan accordingly for an early arrival.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CrowdedJozeDined on 3/23/2014I made a mistake and booked before I found out it was the end of the Winter Park Art Fair. Consequently the restaurant was very crowded and noisy. could barely hear the waitress. The food arrived fairly promptly considering the crowd. several of us at our table had wine and it seemed as tho the bar was doing "light pours" possible figuring it was so crowded no one would notice. I have eaten at this restaurant before and it was very good but I will certainly be more aware next time I book.Special Features:
- One of my Favorite "go to"NancuDined on 3/21/2014One of my Favorite "go to" restaurants. Excellent food, great service, fun ambience and beautiful outside seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turkish delightMcFly5585VIPDined on 3/19/2014The food was really outstanding. Lavosh bread was huge and puffy and tasted great with the homemade hummus. A friend and I split the mixed grill, which was a good decision because the portion was HUGE! Very tasty grilled meats including chicken and lamb kebabs, gyro-style lamb and two kinds of chicken and lamb patties served with red cabbage with beet, shredded carrots and red onion salads. The dessert was also delicious- we opted for the most Turkish-sounding kenefe and it was also a crowd pleaser. We had plenty to eat and plenty more to take home for another meal. The service was a bit slow, but courteous and informative by using Turkish sayings to greet us and tell us to enjoy our meal.Special Features:
- GEMS/Astronics night outChuckDined on 3/14/2014The bar and wait staff were very friendly and attended our party well at both the bar and at our table. The food was outstanding. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continued Good Special RestaurantTV4020Dined on 3/14/2014This is the fifth time we've patronized Bosphorous and enjoy it each time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumHappyparentsVIPDined on 3/13/2014We have been to Bosphorous several times. Food is authentic Turkish, as good as you would get except for in the very best restaurants in Turkey. The food is fresh, perfect temperature, wonderful. We have enjoyed kabobs, Iskandar, pide, mixed appetizers. For desert, Kunefe was spectacular and chocolate mousse was really great. The only drawback is that the wine selection (outside of Turkish wine) was limited. The tea was just ok. Overall, really great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureEdInFlVIPDined on 3/8/2014We eat here at least once a quarter. Love it every time. Food is always outstanding. Service is great. What more could you want?Special Features:
- Excellent Turkish food.MartyDined on 3/7/2014The fried zucchini is a great appetizer and the Turkish bread with anything is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FavoriteTerisu10VIPDined on 3/3/2014This is only my second time eating at Bosphorous. It was a gorgeous day to eat outside under sunny skies in Winter Park, Florida. My friend ordered the lamb Adana lunch special, while I ordered the chicken Adana. Both were served with jasmine rice, raw red cabbage, red onion, and shredded carrot. Our meals came with salad and baklava for dessert. The food was delicious and very fresh. I recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/2/2014We were there for my boyfriend's birthday. It was his first time there, and he loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/1/2014The food and service were both terrific. Portions we're very generous. If the restaurant wasn't on Park Ave, it would be a little pricey for what you get. Overall we really enjoyed our meal and would go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visiting colleagues and friendsBarbaraDined on 2/23/2014A conference brought friends and colleagues to town and I was asked to choose a restaurant to meet. I had visited Bosporous once before. There are many good, culinary options from which to choose in Orlando. Bosphorous turned out to be a tasteful, refined choice that was not pretentious. The casual ambience helped conversation. The restaurant is in a quaint part of Winter Park in the greater Orlando area that has an authentic feel with its brick and cobblestone streets. The menu had items perfect for sharing and tasting. The wine list appeared to have a nice selection, and the bottle we shared was very good. The staff were attentive, but not too much to interfere with our stories. Overall I would definitely choose Bosphorous again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turkish DelightHansDined on 2/21/2014Enjoyed a delicious house dinner. The lamb shank was perfectly prepared with a savory sauce. The shrimp casserole was creamy but light. I've never had shrimp prepared as well as these were. They were perfectly done but yet so tender they melted in my mouth! The dark chocolate mousse was delicious. Light and airy with a deep chocolate flavor. The baklava was good. We had a very attentive server who made sure our needs we're taking care of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to beBillVIPDined on 2/17/2014Felt extremely rushed. Beginning with the wine order everything seemed rushed even with the restaurant empty. Our entrée arrived almost immediately after our overpriced appetizer. Sent the entrée back and after we had finished our appetizer it was brought back warm but tasteless. We had not gone in a while as we were disappointed the last time, thought we would give it another shot. Definitely off our list considering the number of fine restaurants in the area.
- Fun nightLuv2eatDined on 2/15/2014First visit was amazing. Very friendly service. Not enough restrooms which causes a long wait but great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turkish CuisineTheEPDined on 2/14/2014This being my second experience at Bosphorus... it was better than my first. Celebrating Valentines Day here was the right decision. The service (Amanda) was remarkable. The food was great and very aromatic and flavorful. We chose the mixed grill with Lamb and Chicken cooked several ways. The portions were large, we shared, but still took half the plate home. Wine, we chose the Robert Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon, 2009 "Oakville" I would choose this again any day. Excellent wines, although I did not choose any Turkish wine...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Nothing else to say other them this is one of our favorite. Everything is good but I would start off with the lavash and turame for sure!Special Features:
- Valentine's Day DinnerMichaelDined on 2/14/2014Very busy. Glad I made a reservation for us and we were seated almost immediately. Our server Stephanie was fantastic as always. My meat portion of the order was overcooked, but very quickly remedied and came back the second time absolutely perfect and delicious. Made for a great valentine's dinner and couldn't be any more happy. We will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow great foodRsalmanDined on 2/13/2014I think it's one of the best Restuarant in town if not the best , we enjoyed every bite the mixed grill was excellent and was enough for 2 persons would highly recommends this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites, consistentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/10/2014One of our favorites, consistently excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time; won't be the last!JS1985Dined on 2/7/2014Had a great dinner there. Only lived in FL for a short time and heard great reviews about this place. Had the lavas and cold cucumber dip as an appetizer (shared, of course). Even in the midst of winter, the ingredients were so vibrant and fresh. For my entree I had the Grilled Lamb Adana Kebab and it was phenomenal. My father is visiting my boyfriend and I while my mom is stuck up north in the snow working for tax season and he can't wait to visit again so he can bring her. My father had the stuffed cabbage (finished the whole thing) and my boyfriend had the lamb ses kebabs... Both loved them as well. Our server was Milos and he had a great conversation with us, extremely pleasant. I would ask for him to be our server again when we return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great evening outSasb4Dined on 1/31/2014Great food, fun atmosphere its always a fun place to dine.Special Features:
- Nice Atmosphere! Good foodSimaDined on 1/26/2014Nice Atmosphere! Good food - a little on the expensive side for what we had. Great Service. If you reserve ask for a booth - I didn't. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as we heard it wasjpljrVIPDined on 1/25/2014This was our first visit here and the food and service were both top notch. The waitress was very attentive, friendly and helpful regarding the menu and guided us to the perfect selections for dinner. It was also a nice touch that the chef comes out periodically to greet people at their table and ask how everything was. We will be returning there in a party of 6 next time our family visits, since the food was superb and very different from what we eat when we dine out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/23/2014We have been here several times and have found the cuisine as well as the service to be consistently good. The décor is comfortable but the noise level can be elevated at times. Portions are large which enables sharing and take home food. The menu is understandably lamb heavy but other choices are there for those not liking lamb. My biggest issue is that the tables for four are hardly large enough for everything without overcrowding. All in all this is one of our favorite restaurants when we are looking for something out of the ordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!Terisu10VIPDined on 1/20/2014It was a beautiful day for eating outdoors in downtown Winter Park. The food was delicious and the service was adequate and non obtrusive. I love having all my needs met without a hovering server. Veggies were fresh, the bread was divine, and the hummus was tasty. I definitely recommend this place. Will return soon.Special Features:
- Bosphorous Turkish CuisineweallgottaeatDined on 1/20/2014The hubs & I enjoyed lunch at Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine. We started with an order of Sigara Boregi; crispy filo dough filled with feta, parsley & dill. For my entrée I chose stuffed cabbage rolls. These lovely rolls are filled with lamb, rice, onion, red & green bell peppers, garlic with a house yogurt sauce drizzle. The hubs had the beef sis kebab, marinated & served grilled, that came with rice, & a salad of shredded carrots, onion, pickled cabbage & beets. For dessert we shared a dark chocolate mousse. This light & fluffy mousse was created with Peterbrooke dark chocolate & Turkish coffee. Thoroughly enjoyed our first visit to Bosphorous. Next time we have to get the lavash (hollow bread); it made quite the presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choice for Turkish foodJuanDined on 1/19/2014We loved it. Very well prepared food and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat here often and alwaysPearl1947VIPDined on 1/19/2014Eat here often and always enjoy my meal with the chicken and rice and the hummus app.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.