Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine - Winter Park
108 S Park Avenue
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
TurkishPrice: $30 and under
Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine - Winter Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bosphorousrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4076448609
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Turkish
- Executive Chef: Halil Ertane
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Nejla Ozturk 407 644 8609
- Entertainment: Live Turkish Music featuring Aydin Kutluay. Turkish music is a wonderful blend of Turkish Flamenco (guitar) and a 130 stringed instrument called a Kanoon. Music is available Thursday and Sunday nights from 7PM - 9PM. We also feature 2 for 1 martinis at this time.
- Cross Street: Morse
- Public Transit: The Lynx bus system has multiple stops along Park Avenue, Fairbanks, and Morse.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Located in the heart of the upscale Winter Park neighborhood the restaurant is fortunate to be within short distance of free parking. The parking is available on Park Avenue, Morse Boulevard, and the Amtrak Station (New York Avenue and Morse Boulevard).
A word from Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine - Winter Park
Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine is a family owned business, established in 2005, that offers variety of authentic Turkish food from many regions of Turkey. Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine adapted its name from one of the oldest cities in the world, Istanbul, which was once known as the Constantinople in the early 13th century. The name “Bosphorous” taken from the strait that lies in the center of Istanbul connecting the Black Sea and the Sea of Marmara, Europe to Asia. The decor of this eatery is kept to minimum to draw the attention to the food. The intent was to create a modernized, warm authentic atmosphere by taking the old elements of Istanbul and combining it with some modern influences to create a truly unique experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine - Winter Park reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (52)fit for foodies (50)special occasion (40)great for outdoor dining (38)good for groups (34)great for lunch (21)romantic (21)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (7)great for brunch (6)notable wine list (5)scenic view (4)Show More
- Won't be my last visit.ThespotthoDined on 10/13/2014Was celebrating my best friend's birthday and his restaurant of choice was Bosphorous. i was not reluctant to try it out because I would alway pas by and smell the wonderful aromas of the dishes prepared there. Well I can honestly say my nose did not fail me! The food was great, atmosphere was pleasant and our waiter Abe sealed the deal. I will be back with others. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New love of Turkish CuisineLauraLovesSeafoodDined on 10/11/2014We ate our early dinner al fresco. Thank goodness because the inside was super busy and packed. We had symphony tickets so were happy the restaurant could accommodate us and get us to the show on time. The food at Bosphorous is fresh and delicious and, much to my surprise, not heavy or overpowering — which I always thought it was. Hands down, the absolute best hummus I've ever had. Thanks Bosphorous!Special Features:
- Good food and Service was excellentWanderingFoodie386Dined on 10/4/2014I read the reviews and was worried that the service would be a problem, not so. We arrived and was immediately taken to our table. We discussed our wine options and wanted to try the Turkish wine so the waiter brought a sample. On to the appetizer sample that was very good and then the grill sampler. There was so much food we got a doggie bag. We will be back I am sure.
- Food Just OKSeaCrisVIPDined on 10/4/2014While the service and ambiance was good, the food was just average.Special Features:
- NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/23/2014I long for a place where you can hear each other talk.
- RockDined on 9/20/2014Food was overall very good. Had reservations but still seated 35 mins late.
- Good Food & FriendsDolphinjls7Dined on 9/20/2014Bosphorous had a nice cuisine that's not typical in everyday dining. Authentic Turkish?Middle East food, with wonderful flavor & large portions. A high on the noise factor but still a good place to meet friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try it! You'll like it!getinmybellyDined on 9/20/2014My husband isn't the most adventurous person when it comes to new foods, but I really wanted him to try Bosphorous. I was fortunate to eat at Bosphorous for a work function and have been raving about it ever since. He finally buckled and we made our reservations. He didn't know what to order so he went with the mixed grill to try a bit of everything. He loved it all. I enjoyed the beef sis kabobs and we had the lavas with hummus and baba ganoush. It was all amazing. The mixed grill is HUGE so come hungry or prepare to have leftovers. It was busy so service was a tad slow, but we were enjoying our food so much we didn't care. I'm so excited that my husband tried a new culinary delight and loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!CCRN2010Dined on 9/19/2014Food was great, steak kebabs were increadiable, waiter was very helpful and attentive. Would definitely recommend for a date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceJackiePDined on 9/18/2014The food is phenomenal, the service is excellent, and the atmosphere is very quaint. Bosphorous is our favorite Winter Park restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service lackingOtownDinerDined on 9/14/2014Pros: The food was good with more than sufficient portions. Great menu. Cons: While the server was very friendly, appetizer plates stayed on the table until we were finished with our entrées, not enough silverware was brought for dessert, and it took multiple requests to get a bag for our to go box. We were also disappointed that they were out of our first choice for our entrée and that there were no lamb dishes on the Magical Dining menu. Overall, it was no more than an average experience, but I would probably give them a second chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleased experienceaking83VIPDined on 9/13/2014The only draw back to this experience, was we had to wait 15-20 minutes before being greeted by a server after sitting down. The food is superb, and always delicious. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Turkish Delight!DiningDivaDined on 9/13/2014My friend and I tried this restaurant out for Magical Dining Month. The restaurant staff was super friendly from our hostess to our server to the manager greeting everyone. The food was very good. It was a LOT of food and we both took home leftovers--which is always nice! Overall great experience and I would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itOrloldieDined on 9/12/2014Great service, great food and great ambiance. !!!! !!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit or Miss with ServersSnobbyEaterDined on 9/12/2014We have been to Bosphorous before and had a great server for our inaugural visit. She was very knowledgeable about the menu and made excellent recommendations. Our last experience wasn't that great. We wanted to try different dishes, but our server was hesitant to recommend anything. It appeared as though she needed additional training on the dishes and how to make recommendations. We had to take it upon ourselves to make the dining experience all that we wanted it to be by ask another server questions about the menu. He was knowledgeable and very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!Erocks23Dined on 9/6/2014Went with a group of friends for magical dining month. The place was packed and they do not have a waiting area so a reservation is a must. Dinner was incredible. The food was so fresh and one of a kind. I look forward to going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding performance1fussyfoodieDined on 9/6/2014Had out of town guests in who never experienced Turkish cuisine. They can't wait to come back. We had the best service, best waiter and the manager (Joe)stopped by to ensure all was in order. We couldn't have been more pleased with the overall quality of Bosphorous. We shall return - SOON !Special Features:
- Never dissatisfiedGracieW103Dined on 9/6/2014Wonderful food once again. The portions seem to have gotten a bit smaller, but none the less it is tasty. While their outside dining is nice, in the dead heat of a Florida summer it may be more enjoyable for some to sit inside, so my suggestion would be to make reservations ahead of time. The lavas as always is outstanding.Special Features:
- We love it....Bells2014Dined on 8/31/2014I've been there last year and come back to prove they are really very good.Special Features:
- CarolineDined on 8/30/2014Great experience. Food was excellent and atmosphere was fun. We even tried the green Raki. I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great food, great valuePickyEaterDined on 8/30/2014This was my fourth visit to Bosphorus, though I don't live in the region. The food is excellent, the portions are huge and the service is friendly and efficient. I had the Doner Kebap, two of my companions had the Chicken Adana and my sister had the Lamb Kefte. All were terrfic. Of course the puffy lavash is not to be missed!Special Features:
- Good service and beautiful spotmie8Dined on 8/26/2014The service was very good and the spot was so beautiful with a view of the park. I asked for a frie calamari and there was a lit bit too oil on that... Then I asked for a salad and that was realy good.
- Outstanding food, friendly staffDCDinnerDined on 8/23/2014The food was as authentic as it gets with great flavor, authentic ingredients and generous portions. This vibrant restaurant doesn't have a waiting area, which makes for a uncomfortable greeting process. However, this is offset by the friendly waiting staff and outstanding food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodfanVIPDined on 8/23/2014We were seated right on time for our reservation. The food was excellent and the portions very generous. We took home enough for a second meal. Service was attentive and responsive. All in all an excellent mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited Turkisk experienceAusBobDined on 8/23/2014Small cramped indoor especially for 2 people. Several tables are set up in the walkway in which wait staff is constantly buzzing by as well as patrons headed to the toilets. Lighting was poor and many people needed their phones to see the menu. Appetizer bread and dips were fantastically fresh. Lamb was overcooked and fish was unedible. Servings were generous. Desert of baklava was very aromatic. They have a house desert involving shredded pastry and cheese. Not a good texture and taste match. Overall a high price restaurant in which the food falls short.Special Features:
- Love this PlaceSasb4Dined on 8/20/2014Bosphorous is always delicious. The food is just so good and the service was outstanding. It is one of our favorite places to dine. Oh that lavosh bread is just so yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all aroundBerniceDined on 8/20/2014Excellent authentic Turkish cuisine staff was very knowledgable and helpful with gluten free options. Staff is professional, attentive and courteous. Our third visit from out of state and we will be returning !! Excellent !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Client Dinner SUPERBDhurtakVIPDined on 8/17/2014I live in South Florida but travel to Central Florida on business..this is my go to destination for clients.. something for everyone. great food, service, and ambience..LOVE IT!Special Features:
- Fortuitous second choiceRadicalToadDined on 8/16/2014We'd actually went to another restaurant first and been disappointed with the menu, so we googled restaurants in the area and found this. We'd not heard of it before, but took a chance and it turned out to be wonderful. The food was delicious - Tamara (caviar, olive oil, lemon juice - but it seemed more like a cheese - possibly the oil was emulsified - whatever, it was awesome) with the bread (can't recall what it is called, but it looks like a pillow). Lamb Sis Kebap for an entree - perfectly spiced and perfectly cooked. Our server let us sample a couple wines before we made our wine choice, which I love. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014They served our order for take out early. I would have preferred it if it was served before we left the restaurant so it would be fresh for my son to eat when we got home. The food was great & would definitely go back there & try the hollow bread next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is fabulous!Marie13Dined on 8/13/2014Excellent food, quality and fresh. Service was excellent. I love this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service, as alwysjpljrVIPDined on 8/12/2014This was our third time to Bosphorous and the quality of food and level of service were superb and consistent as alwaysSpecial Features:
- Good places to goOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Rode the Sunrail into Winter Park from Longwood for dinner Friday night. Great location as it is directly across from train station. The Turkish cuisine was a great break from the ususal american fare. Platters were delicious and lots of fun to share with a group. We loved the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!enjoyeatingDined on 8/3/2014I have been to this restaurant now for lunch and dinner. The food is simply incredible! The service and attention to detail is admirable! The noise level needs to be dampened with Turkish rugs on the walls or some other means of absorbing sound. It could be a wonderful dining experience if not for the noise level being so high.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014One of our nicest experiences at Bosphorous! In addition to the food that is always enjoyable and tasty, we had a nice bottle of Malbec and an excellent server! A lovely way to spend an evening with our friends. Thank you!Special Features:
- Turkish (yum, yum) cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014This restaurant is in beautiful winter park (which means parking may be a little difficult if coming during rush dinner hours.) So walking around after dinner is always nice. All members of my family got lamb dishes and they were all really delicious. The lamb was a perfect medium-rare and was really lean so no gristle (yah!) The sample appetizer was really good but unfortunately you have to purchase the lavash separately (because you will want bread to go with your hummus and babaganoush.) It is pretty pricey so I'd reserve it for special occasions.Special Features:
- You should eat here!AdverbVIPDined on 7/23/2014Great food. We had the mixed appetizer and 2 different salads with chicken for dinner. The appetizer was plenty for more than 2 and the bread was hot, soft and fantastic. The salads were fresh, flavorful, crisp and nicely presented. The chicken was juicy and prepared perfectly. We never had to ask for a refill on drinks but our waitress, Niko, was not overly present. We spoke with the manager, Joe, at the end of the meal and it was obvious he loves this restaurant and plans to be here for a long time. As I said in the title, you should eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just one small issueejimmasonDined on 7/23/2014This restaurant has excellent food and service and prices that are generally reasonable. However, I asked for a glass of Turkish red wine, and the waiter said that they had two different ones and promptly brought two samples for me to try. I indicated my preference after tasting both, and wound up enjoying two glasses. The wine I chose was billed at $17.50 per glass! Since this was a late lunch (3pm) my daughter and I ordered a selection of small plates plus the wonderful house bread, but the wine cost was 40% of the check. I think the price information should have been volunteered at the time of ordering. If I had known, I would have ordered something a bit less expensive or perhaps even the whole bottle, presumably more economical.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful . . . butenjoyeatingDined on 7/18/2014I must say the service was superb and the food was the most flavorful I think I have ever had! The only downside is the noise level is so great, you can't carry on a conversation when the restaurant is full. I will plan to go on a night other than Friday or weekend, or during lunch, or when the weather is cooler to eat outside.Special Features:
- Great food, good serviceOutoftownvisitorDined on 7/12/2014This has become one of our favorite restaurants in Winter Park. Delicious food, attentive and friendly staff. Our 1-year old loves all of the less-spiced items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.