Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine - Winter Park
108 S Park Avenue
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
TurkishPrice: $30 and under
Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine - Winter Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bosphorousrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4076448609
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Turkish
- Executive Chef: Halil Ertane
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Nejla Ozturk 407 644 8609
- Entertainment: Live Turkish Music featuring Aydin Kutluay. Turkish music is a wonderful blend of Turkish Flamenco (guitar) and a 130 stringed instrument called a Kanoon. Music is available Thursday and Sunday nights from 7PM - 9PM. We also feature 2 for 1 martinis at this time.
- Cross Street: Morse
- Public Transit: The Lynx bus system has multiple stops along Park Avenue, Fairbanks, and Morse.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Located in the heart of the upscale Winter Park neighborhood the restaurant is fortunate to be within short distance of free parking. The parking is available on Park Avenue, Morse Boulevard, and the Amtrak Station (New York Avenue and Morse Boulevard).
A word from Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine - Winter Park
Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine is a family owned business, established in 2005, that offers variety of authentic Turkish food from many regions of Turkey. Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine adapted its name from one of the oldest cities in the world, Istanbul, which was once known as the Constantinople in the early 13th century. The name “Bosphorous” taken from the strait that lies in the center of Istanbul connecting the Black Sea and the Sea of Marmara, Europe to Asia. The decor of this eatery is kept to minimum to draw the attention to the food. The intent was to create a modernized, warm authentic atmosphere by taking the old elements of Istanbul and combining it with some modern influences to create a truly unique experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine - Winter Park reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (55)neighborhood gem (53)special occasion (42)great for outdoor dining (38)good for groups (36)great for lunch (33)romantic (18)hot spot (16)great for brunch (10)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (7)notable wine list (6)scenic view (4)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Outstanding food, friendly staffDCDinnerDined on 8/23/2014The food was as authentic as it gets with great flavor, authentic ingredients and generous portions. This vibrant restaurant doesn't have a waiting area, which makes for a uncomfortable greeting process. However, this is offset by the friendly waiting staff and outstanding food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited Turkisk experienceAusBobDined on 8/23/2014Small cramped indoor especially for 2 people. Several tables are set up in the walkway in which wait staff is constantly buzzing by as well as patrons headed to the toilets. Lighting was poor and many people needed their phones to see the menu. Appetizer bread and dips were fantastically fresh. Lamb was overcooked and fish was unedible. Servings were generous. Desert of baklava was very aromatic. They have a house desert involving shredded pastry and cheese. Not a good texture and taste match. Overall a high price restaurant in which the food falls short.Special Features:
- Love this PlaceSasb4Dined on 8/20/2014Bosphorous is always delicious. The food is just so good and the service was outstanding. It is one of our favorite places to dine. Oh that lavosh bread is just so yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014Excellent authentic Turkish cuisine staff was very knowledgable and helpful with gluten free options. Staff is professional, attentive and courteous. Our third visit from out of state and we will be returning !! Excellent !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Client Dinner SUPERBDhurtakVIPDined on 8/17/2014I live in South Florida but travel to Central Florida on business..this is my go to destination for clients.. something for everyone. great food, service, and ambience..LOVE IT!Special Features:
- Fortuitous second choiceRadicalToadDined on 8/16/2014We'd actually went to another restaurant first and been disappointed with the menu, so we googled restaurants in the area and found this. We'd not heard of it before, but took a chance and it turned out to be wonderful. The food was delicious - Tamara (caviar, olive oil, lemon juice - but it seemed more like a cheese - possibly the oil was emulsified - whatever, it was awesome) with the bread (can't recall what it is called, but it looks like a pillow). Lamb Sis Kebap for an entree - perfectly spiced and perfectly cooked. Our server let us sample a couple wines before we made our wine choice, which I love. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014They served our order for take out early. I would have preferred it if it was served before we left the restaurant so it would be fresh for my son to eat when we got home. The food was great & would definitely go back there & try the hollow bread next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is fabulous!Marie13Dined on 8/13/2014Excellent food, quality and fresh. Service was excellent. I love this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service, as alwysjpljrVIPDined on 8/12/2014This was our third time to Bosphorous and the quality of food and level of service were superb and consistent as alwaysSpecial Features:
- Good places to goOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Rode the Sunrail into Winter Park from Longwood for dinner Friday night. Great location as it is directly across from train station. The Turkish cuisine was a great break from the ususal american fare. Platters were delicious and lots of fun to share with a group. We loved the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!enjoyeatingDined on 8/3/2014I have been to this restaurant now for lunch and dinner. The food is simply incredible! The service and attention to detail is admirable! The noise level needs to be dampened with Turkish rugs on the walls or some other means of absorbing sound. It could be a wonderful dining experience if not for the noise level being so high.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014One of our nicest experiences at Bosphorous! In addition to the food that is always enjoyable and tasty, we had a nice bottle of Malbec and an excellent server! A lovely way to spend an evening with our friends. Thank you!Special Features:
- Turkish (yum, yum) cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014This restaurant is in beautiful winter park (which means parking may be a little difficult if coming during rush dinner hours.) So walking around after dinner is always nice. All members of my family got lamb dishes and they were all really delicious. The lamb was a perfect medium-rare and was really lean so no gristle (yah!) The sample appetizer was really good but unfortunately you have to purchase the lavash separately (because you will want bread to go with your hummus and babaganoush.) It is pretty pricey so I'd reserve it for special occasions.Special Features:
- You should eat here!AdverbVIPDined on 7/23/2014Great food. We had the mixed appetizer and 2 different salads with chicken for dinner. The appetizer was plenty for more than 2 and the bread was hot, soft and fantastic. The salads were fresh, flavorful, crisp and nicely presented. The chicken was juicy and prepared perfectly. We never had to ask for a refill on drinks but our waitress, Niko, was not overly present. We spoke with the manager, Joe, at the end of the meal and it was obvious he loves this restaurant and plans to be here for a long time. As I said in the title, you should eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just one small issueejimmasonDined on 7/23/2014This restaurant has excellent food and service and prices that are generally reasonable. However, I asked for a glass of Turkish red wine, and the waiter said that they had two different ones and promptly brought two samples for me to try. I indicated my preference after tasting both, and wound up enjoying two glasses. The wine I chose was billed at $17.50 per glass! Since this was a late lunch (3pm) my daughter and I ordered a selection of small plates plus the wonderful house bread, but the wine cost was 40% of the check. I think the price information should have been volunteered at the time of ordering. If I had known, I would have ordered something a bit less expensive or perhaps even the whole bottle, presumably more economical.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful . . . butenjoyeatingDined on 7/18/2014I must say the service was superb and the food was the most flavorful I think I have ever had! The only downside is the noise level is so great, you can't carry on a conversation when the restaurant is full. I will plan to go on a night other than Friday or weekend, or during lunch, or when the weather is cooler to eat outside.Special Features:
- Great food, good serviceOutoftownvisitorDined on 7/12/2014This has become one of our favorite restaurants in Winter Park. Delicious food, attentive and friendly staff. Our 1-year old loves all of the less-spiced items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistent!imac85Dined on 7/5/2014I love their food! The chicken and beef kebabs are delicious! The food is always fresh and the quality of the food is always excellent. Great place to dine with friends or your significant other.Special Features:
- JOHNVIPDined on 7/5/2014always great food and service one of our favoritesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Turkish CuisineHungryManVIPDined on 7/1/2014Bosphorous always brings back memories of our having eaten in Istanbul with the wonderful bread (lavas) always served hot and the mixed grill provides an ample but tasty treat that does not leave one hungry given the ample servings. The waiter was polite and friendly and volunteered to bring water for our Yorkie which is always a plus for outdoor dining in Winter Park, one of our favorite places to dine and walk after eating. Highly recommended for locals as well as tourists alike.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go with an empty stomach!monicamorDined on 6/29/2014This place is amazing!! Food is great, including ingredients and quality of meats. Portions are very large; great for sharing or taking for the next day :).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014This was my first time at a turkish restaurant. The food was excellant and the service was great. Waiter was kind enough to explain the food items. It was a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BTloverDined on 6/27/2014we have eaten here before and enjoyed. Maybe this night was an off night for them. Waiter was grumpy, said he didn't want to be there. Ordered a bottle of wine - they brought the glasses and then we waited a long time for the bottle to be delivered. Not attentive. Overall not what the restaurant typically delivers.
- Turkish Delight!FransfoodDined on 6/22/2014We stumbled upon Bosphorous one Sunday whilst strolling round Winter Park and decided to try it for dinner one night. A couple of weeks later we went as a group of 4 for my husband's birthday, and it was marvelous. We started with babbaganoush and hummus with the fabulous lavas bread, then two of us had the huge meaty mixed grill whilst the other two had chicken kebabs yogurt style. All the meals were hot, fresh and tasty and the service was attentive and prompt. The restaurant was lively without being noisy, with a comfortable pleasant feel. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE THIS PLACE!!!chfetteDined on 6/20/2014This has always been a favorite for us - great for date night or dining with another couple. The mixed grill has enough food for 4 people and everything is SO delicious. Could not name a single thing that wasn't superb. Nice wine list (affordable!) that works with the menu well. Service very friendly and prompt.Special Features:
- excellent food, service greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2014Have eaten here a few times and I love the food, and the location on park ave in winter park. very tasty cuisine, and the bread and lamb is to die for. Turkish coffee is great. Food came to the table very fast so we did feel a bit rushed but no biggie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014This restaurant is not "same old, same old". It has a unique atmosphere and food choices. The servers are very professional, from their dress code to their knowledge of the menu, to their attentiveness, to their work ethic. Bosphorous is one of my favorite restaurants. We hope that it does not lose its noteworthy attributes with its expansion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceDdubsflDined on 6/12/2014First time visit for me and the food and service was excellent. Our server, Elizabeth, was very friendly and attentive to our requests. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a great meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceCackieDined on 6/3/2014The food at Bosphorous is excellent and plentiful. We were a table of seven women and no one could finish their meal. Plan accordingly. We had one of the best servers I have had in a long time.Special Features:
- ClaudioDined on 5/30/2014They accommodated us quickly. Waiters were incredibly attentive and nice. Food was tasty and portions were huge. We would definitely go back many more times. Our waitress told us that they were planning on renovating and expanding which is a good sign that they are doing well.Special Features:
- Nice place to have fun and dineiDeanDined on 5/18/2014This place is very good to have fun with your friends and enjoy the food as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High Calibre foodPhilDined on 5/17/2014Flavorful food, authentic Turkish cuisine delivered quickly with excellent service. I will recommend highly to allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rushed serviceTColin407VIPDined on 5/17/2014Food was great- server rushed us. Started clearing plates while some still eating. And we are not types to dag out a meal.Special Features:
- RatingJulieRDined on 5/17/2014I always like Bosphorous. They do a gret job with the Turkish cuisine. Great, courteous and polite service. The 2 for 1 drinks is a good thing. My husband loved his ochra dish. My friends were delighted with their first experience. My Company has a site "Brookdale Perks" on which they send ideas for dining to employees. Please get on thier siteSpecial Features:
- More expensive than expectedJOHNBEEDined on 5/15/2014The food was more expensive than expected because everything is al la carte, otherwise OK! Should rate at $$$Special Features:
- BosphorusNH888StanDined on 5/14/2014I went with 2 others from my company. The atmosphere and ambiance was very good, quiet enough so that we could talk business without shouting. As we are all "foodies" to some extent, we were delighted with the variety and quality of the food. That big, freshly baked, pillow of bread was awesome. So many savory flavors. Try the kunefe dessert!! But be pre parted who share as it is largeSpecial Features:
- Always Yummy!LuvFoodVIPDined on 5/11/2014I always love coming here!!! The food is fresh and so good. It was Mothers day and Rollins graduation so the place was packed but the service was great and on point.Special Features:
- Fabulous!SapphirenecklaceDined on 5/11/2014We arrived mid day on Sunday (Mother's Day) and despite this notoriously busy day, had a fabulous meal with attentive service. We had the house pinot grigio at the bar and it was ice cold, which we appreciated. Stella on draft is also always a happy find. When seated we ordered the choose two appetizer with their signiture hollow bread which was a great way to begin. The Grape leaves were sweeter than others we have had but that being said, delicious. We also ordered the ground lamb w/ phyllo which was spicy and flavorful. Dessserts were very creative, our favorite was the toasted wheat and sweet cheese concoction..Order it! Thank you for an excellent experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food like in IstanbulTravelerVIPDined on 5/8/2014I am a fan of Turkish food, everywhere, and the food here is authentic and excellent. Bosphorous is a pretty, posh place on fashionable Park Avenue, and nothing about it disappoints! I have eaten here on all 3 trips I've made to Orlando, and I look forward to the next. Yes, there are menu items for non-meat-eaters, and even for my vegan sister. (She had okra stew, I had meat-stuffed cabbage rolls.) Portions are generous, so share the appetizers, and save room for a real Turkish coffee or tea and the excellent baklava.Special Features:
- Great Birthday outingMy2centsDined on 5/6/2014My family enjoyed my wife's birthday on a Tuesday night. Traffic was light and service was great. Lamb Ses Kabob was awesome as always. Lavas haydari and hummus were tasty treats. Tried and loved the Turkish style pizza (Lahmacun). Would definitely recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.