Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine - Orlando
7600 Dr. Phillips Boulevard
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
TurkishPrice: $30 and under
Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://bosphorousrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4073526766x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Sunday: 11am - 4pm
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday: 4pm - 10pm; Friday-Saturday: 4:00-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Turkish, Middle Eastern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Turkish music
A word from Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine - Orlando
Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine has been established since 2004, and has been family owned and operated ever since. Our first location (on Park Avenue in Winter Park, FL) has firmly established our presence as the premier Turkish restaurant company in Florida. This location (opened in late 2012) was our first endeavor into the South Orlando market - and we're so glad to be here! We're very excited about our newest location, and are quite proud to say that our food, wines, and high level of service are identical to our Winter Park location. Come experience our authentic Turkish cuisine, made in-house, from scratch - every single day. We look forward to seeing you at Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine in Dr. Phillips!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine - Orlando - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (14)special occasion (10)great for lunch (9)great for outdoor dining (8)romantic (8)good for groups (6)notable wine list (2)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- DisappointedLove2EatOutVIPDined on 8/11/2014This was one if our favorite restaurants, keyword WAS! Service was bad, food equally as bad -- daughters lamb was so fatty she had to pull fat off every slice. It will take us a long time to forget tonight's experience and come back.
- Such a Treat! Great Food/ServiceRoyTheExperienceGuyDined on 8/4/2014Really terrific cuisine…excellent and attentive wait staff. We had a group of 8 people and were treated really well. Excellent all around!Special Features:
- MakencaDined on 8/1/2014This was my first time at the Bosphorous Turkish restaurant; I had a very pleasant experience. The food is delicious verytasty. I truly enjoyed my visit. The service was excellence. I am looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Turkish foodTeriroseVIPDined on 7/29/2014It is hard to find good Turkish food. I spent two weeks in Turkey years ago, and I found the cuisine remarkable. Bosphorous is the real deal. Dishes are well-seasoned, and portions are ample. My wife had never eaten Turkish food and was somewhat apprehensive, but she is now a true believer. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great Food & ServiceEdmilVIPDined on 7/28/2014My family and I really enjoyed the food and service. We was there for lunch.Special Features:
- DisappointedJoeyDined on 7/28/2014It was better when it was Anatolia! Planned large family lunch at Bosphorous hoping to have a great food and atmosphere, the meze / appetizer cold selection was bland and tastless and the humus and the babaganoush were not even close to authentic mediterranean fare, the bread was good and the meat was average with little seasoning and small portions, the kenefeh dessert was good ! What bothered me the most the late service and broken AC that made very warm and uncomfortable indoor !! I will not be back.
- McFly5585VIPDined on 7/12/2014I had been to the Bosphorous location in Winter Park, where I also had a great dining experience. The staff at the Dr. Phillips location was a bit friendlier (could be due to the smaller space?) which added to the experience. Not as big a cocktail list as there is not a full bar as there is in Winter Park, but the menu items were just as delicious. The table ordered lavas (a must) and the babganoush which was tasty. I opted for a lamb dish which was excellent- gyro-style lamb with a tomato sauce, atop buttered flat bread, served with a roasted jalapeno and a generous (too much) portion of sour cream. I also recommend the Pineapple Turkish Delight cake and chocolate hazelnut bakalava- yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dr Phillips Restaurant Was GreatRomeoDined on 7/11/2014Real tasteful food also well cooked and amazing taste and quality customer serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic TurkishZSG67VIPDined on 7/11/2014Food was very good and very authentic. Nice to find a Turkish restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turkish CuisineKellyJDined on 7/8/2014I prepare some Turkish foods and am quite familiar with Middle Eastern cookery. If you like exotic dishes which are authentic, try Bosphorus. I do recommend the Mixed Grill for two consisting of various meats; lamb is a specialty. Also, try the Kanefe for dessert--ask for a fork and split it between three or four people.Special Features:
- Why go to BosphorousDoctorGDined on 6/28/2014We have been here several times. All the food is very tasty and fresh at a fair price. We will be back again. This is food you won't get elsewhereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Turkish FoodWannalikeitVIPDined on 6/28/2014A real gem in the Marketplace center in Dr Phillips on Sand Lake Road. The food was well prepared and presented. Absolutely delicious and served piping hot. Service was friendly and attentive. We will continue to return as one of our neighborhood favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Turkish Food in Dr PhillipsValeDined on 6/14/2014Food was delicious. The location and ambiance is very different than the Winter Park location, but the food is equally as good.Special Features:
- Great Turkish Foodmick57Dined on 5/28/2014We lived in Turkey for 3 years and have been looking for a place that could provide food as we experienced there - this is it! Almost every detail captured. I would offer that the music playing when we visited detracted from the overall experience. Nonetheless I will make this a regular stop for a nice meal and great wine! If you know Turkisk food and you live or are visiting the area, I highly recommend giving it a trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Mediterranean DiningOmnivorousInOrlandoDined on 5/25/2014My wife and I have enjoyed the Bosphorus location in Winter Park on several occasions and since the Dr. Phillips location is closer to our home, we decided to give it a try. The food was wonderful and the portions enormous. We could have easily split a single entree between us and still leave feeling stuffed. The room is small and one loud table filled the space with noise. Service could have been a little more attentive. There was no effort to clear the plates and silverware after our appetizer course, and the waiter seemed surprised when we finally handed them to him to take away. But this was the only significant lapse in an otherwise lovely dinner. We will definitely be back for more!Special Features:
- Great turkishChuckDined on 5/14/2014In town on business and someone recommended this restaurant. A perfect escape from the commercial insanity and great turkish food and wine. Food is outstanding. Marinated just right and cooked to perfection. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Mother's Day lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014The lunch here was really tasty. Unfortunately, the oven was not working, so we were not able to get the lavash bread. I think that the menu choices are little bit on the pricey side, but that was overlooked given the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 205 reviews are from the Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine - Orlando reviews archive.
- Excellent cuisine and serviceMandyKDined on 4/26/2014We visited Bosphorous while in Orlando and seeking an escape from the Disney compound. We had never had Turkish food before and thought Bosphorous looked like a great place to try. We were not disappointed! My husband and I both very much enjoyed the lavash appetizer with a yogurt, dill, mint dip (can't remember the name). The cocktails were interesting - made with sake as they don't have a full liquor license - light and tasty. The entrees were also quite good. We will definitely return when back in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!VickieBDined on 3/27/2014The servers are very friendly, and the atmosphere is very warm and inviting. Food was excellent. We were a group of 6 for lunch so we tried the assorted appetizers. it was a great introduction to Turkish food, which some of us had never had. And the bread!! yum. Delicious. Nice wine list of wines by the glass. The Turkish pastry dish with cheese was also great. Nice neighborhood restaurant that I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten free friendlyEASchechterDined on 3/23/2014I had heard that Bosphorus was GF friendly, but I was blown away by the level of service. When we got there, I informed the waitress that I was gluten intolerant. She assured me that she would make sure that the kitchen knew, and that they would take care of me. A few minutes later, another woman (the owner?) came out and went over the menu with me, answering all my questions. The food was fantastic, the service was exemplary, and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodTiggerDined on 3/22/2014Our first visit to Bosphorus on Sandlake. The food and service were great. The assortment appetizer is outstanding; gives you a taste of our Turkish favorites. Don't miss the lavash; it goes wonderfully with this appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Among the best in 6 days in OrlandoPhoodiepanDined on 3/4/2014My daughter and I spent 6 days in Orlando for spring break and made a point of trying different supposedly good places to eat in Orlando. I had the Lamb Saute and my daughter had the Chicken saute with white sauce. We also had the grape leaves for appetizer. The grape leaves is quite average and nothing to write home about. Both my daughter and I liked the main dish. My lamb saute is like a lamb stew in a savory sauce. Te red and green peppers are well done and very tasty. It came with tasty white rice. The lamb is just tender. A test of how good my daughter's chicken saute is how much of it she ate - she ate it all. She liked it. I would not hesitate recommending this restaurant especially if you have a taste for Turkish food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodjimmyDined on 3/1/2014We've been twice and we loved the food both times. Service was lacking the second time, but improved towards the end of our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you for helping us celebrateMRRCDined on 2/28/2014Thank you for helping us celebrate our second wedding anniversary! Service was lovely, food was simply Divine. We are looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Yum Kabobs & Grape Leaves..7SaturdaysVIPDined on 2/25/2014Great for lunch. We split an order of the Grape Leaves and Chicken Kabob. They give you a lot of beets and raw onions, I would prefer veggies or more rice. Will request it next time. Their prices for wines are full price at lunch time…next time wait till 4 pm, Happy Hour. I was there at 315pm, darnit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodAKFineVIPDined on 2/24/2014Food was good. Very flavorful. Wait staff was confused at first about who was serving us but got it sorted and did a good job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deelicious!!!sheeshKbobDined on 2/16/2014Dr. Phillips area: Beef kabob dinner, regular (not spelled exactly like this on menu); lamb kabob dinner, regular; grape leaves; puffy bread & yogurt sauce; wine (happy hour/ 2 for 1) -- all outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatdfd375Dined on 2/14/2014Delicious and fresh. Don't be scared by the ethnicity, the food is simple and satisfying, a bit pricy but well worth it. There is something for everyone on the menu, if it sounds good on the menu get it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good Turkish Food experienceDrJimDined on 2/14/2014This restaurant is nearby and we sat outside in a strip mall with moderately busy traffic and even skateboarders riding by. Service was good and the food was better. Might consider going there for lunch. There is another Bosphorous Restaurant in town which is larger with a better ambiance.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceRichardVIPDined on 2/14/2014I highly recommend this restaurant. The food and service are both outstanding. We have eaten many times at this restaurant and have always had an extremely pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect DateNomnomDined on 2/14/2014I came to the restaurant on Valentine's Day and neither my boyfriend or I had ever eaten at a Turkish restaurant. The waitstaff was very helpful with the menu and wine list. They were also quick to attend to us and very pleasant. The food was delicious; I had the lamb shank and he had the salmon. All food was perfectly prepared and great portion sizes. The food is a little pricey, so I won't be able to dine often, but I will definitely be retuning there in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real gem!WannalikeitVIPDined on 2/1/2014Chris the manager and Rachel our server were outstanding. Great hospitality and absolutely delicious well prepared food! We had a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So unexpectedWorktravlrDined on 1/31/2014This was my first adventure with Turkish food and it did not diasppoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Turkish food. OnecltdinerVIPDined on 1/18/2014Fantastic Turkish food. One of our favorite restaurants in Orlando area. Service was great as we had large group and they accomodated all 12 of us with no problems whatsoever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good mealJVRacingDined on 1/17/2014We love Turkish food, and always enjoy trying new restaurants. The food and service are great. Their special bread appetizer is excellent. The whole experience is not necessarily worth the premium over other Turkish restaurants in the Orlando area though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOOD IS PRIME - PREMISES NOT SOJoseDined on 1/13/2014We (group of four adults) had dinner at the Dr. Philips location. First impression was very poor due to the premises (clean but very much unexciting), but Angelo waited our table in an excellent fashion (not really professional but very polite and helpful) so his help was such that we ordered excellent dishes. Next day we saw the Winter Park location from the street and it seemed to have what the other location lacks.Special Features:
- LOVE the foodNeighboorDined on 1/11/2014The food is always delicious, love love love all the food, the bread is amazing, the chicken sis kebab is so good, chicken is cooked to perfection, juicy and tender. Service is very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice eveningLambiePieVIPDined on 12/31/2013The restaurant has been nicely remodeled since our last visit. The food is still excellent. My only complaint is that the hostess first tried to seat us at a cold and noisy table right center/front of the restaurant. Why? We asked for a booth and were taken to one right away, but why take customers to the absolute worst table in the restaurant? Fill that table last... Plus, the server was prompt, etc, but over uses the phrase "not a problem". Can I have some water please? Not a problem. How about "yes" instead, since I would want the water even if it were a problem.
- Very goodValeVIPDined on 12/12/2013It was our first time at this restaurant and we enjoyed everything about it. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gem in the Orlando mazetingoldVIPDined on 11/22/2013Food is good and servings are more than ample; a hidden gem in the Orlando maze where one feels s/he has left the tourist hubbub.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.