Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine - Orlando
7600 Dr. Phillips Boulevard
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
TurkishPrice: $30 and under
Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://bosphorousrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4073526766
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Sunday: 11am - 4pm
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday: 4pm - 10pm; Friday-Saturday: 4:00-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Turkish, Middle Eastern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Turkish music
A word from Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine - Orlando
Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine has been established since 2004, and has been family owned and operated ever since. Our first location (on Park Avenue in Winter Park, FL) has firmly established our presence as the premier Turkish restaurant company in Florida. This location (opened in late 2012) was our first endeavor into the South Orlando market - and we're so glad to be here! We're very excited about our newest location, and are quite proud to say that our food, wines, and high level of service are identical to our Winter Park location. Come experience our authentic Turkish cuisine, made in-house, from scratch - every single day. We look forward to seeing you at Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine in Dr. Phillips!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)fit for foodies (14)special occasion (12)great for outdoor dining (11)great for lunch (9)romantic (8)good for groups (5)hot spot (3)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OutstandingDebbieVIPDined on 10/24/2014Highly recommend! My husband and I shared appetizers only. All 6 were delicious. We dined outside, service was great. Will return again and try entrees next. If you like Turkish food this is a must!Special Features:
- CostSharpshooters69Dined on 10/13/2014Food and service were excellent. I thought the food cost for lunch was a little high, but when you consider the zip code one would understand that. My point is that there where only three tables with customers in there at lunch time. it should of been packed.Special Features:
- FoodegirlFoodiegirlDined on 10/10/2014We showed up a little early for a later seating and the staff graciously found a table. Service was excellent, no hovering or lingering but right at the elbow when necessary. The lamb selections make choosing a dish difficult as they all look so good.. The Lavas was the highlight dish as it arrived at the table in a dough pillow, fragrantly steaming. The dorado is new to the menu and served with a green salad,enough for two people if you want to have dessert. The stuffed cabbage was outstanding. Highly recommended. This is a great restaurant for groups, friends and families that want to talk and enjoy the atmosphere, I wouldn't recommend it if you intend to hold hands and gaze longingly into one another's eyes. It's just too much fun.Special Features:
- Great experience!DaphDined on 10/5/2014Great customer service! Our waitress was amazing. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who appreciates good food & great customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum.LucyMaxDined on 9/29/2014Excellent food and service! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- A First for Turkish Food!SusieTDined on 9/29/2014we thooughly enjoyed our first visit. One of us on Magical Dining - the other ordered from the regular menu. We were inspired from appetizers to dessert. Will certainly return and recommend to family, friends and bring business associates!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Turkish Restaurant54seedmanDined on 9/18/2014Wonderful meal, I have been here before and will return once again. First time bring my wife and she loved it. The lamb shanks are to die for!Special Features:
- ConstantinopleDanlDined on 9/17/2014It's nice to feel safe in a Turkish eatery. It's not only safe but the food is wonderful and presented in a colorful way. Servers are friendly. Now all that is needed is for Hagia Sophia be re consecrated as a Church. We always go to the Bosphorous when in Orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exellent place to eat!serijvolkDined on 9/10/2014Great Turkish experience for friends and family. We usually start with a warm hollow bread and a mixed appetizer platter. The food is delicious. You can taste the freshness of the ingredients in everything. It's a vibrant, fun atmosphere that's great for a night out. The staff is always fun, inviting, and accommodating. Love this place!Special Features:
- Love2eatindifplacesDined on 9/5/2014Great place and great food!! Only bad is it's small and the table set ups are not so greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLove2EatOutVIPDined on 8/11/2014This was one if our favorite restaurants, keyword WAS! Service was bad, food equally as bad -- daughters lamb was so fatty she had to pull fat off every slice. It will take us a long time to forget tonight's experience and come back.
- Such a Treat! Great Food/ServiceRoyTheExperienceGuyDined on 8/4/2014Really terrific cuisine…excellent and attentive wait staff. We had a group of 8 people and were treated really well. Excellent all around!Special Features:
- MakencaDined on 8/1/2014This was my first time at the Bosphorous Turkish restaurant; I had a very pleasant experience. The food is delicious verytasty. I truly enjoyed my visit. The service was excellence. I am looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Turkish foodTeriroseVIPDined on 7/29/2014It is hard to find good Turkish food. I spent two weeks in Turkey years ago, and I found the cuisine remarkable. Bosphorous is the real deal. Dishes are well-seasoned, and portions are ample. My wife had never eaten Turkish food and was somewhat apprehensive, but she is now a true believer. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great Food & ServiceEdmilVIPDined on 7/28/2014My family and I really enjoyed the food and service. We was there for lunch.Special Features:
- DisappointedJoeyDined on 7/28/2014It was better when it was Anatolia! Planned large family lunch at Bosphorous hoping to have a great food and atmosphere, the meze / appetizer cold selection was bland and tastless and the humus and the babaganoush were not even close to authentic mediterranean fare, the bread was good and the meat was average with little seasoning and small portions, the kenefeh dessert was good ! What bothered me the most the late service and broken AC that made very warm and uncomfortable indoor !! I will not be back.
- Small & OverpricedTinaVIPDined on 7/20/2014We decided to try this location for my mother-in-law's birthday lunch. In my reservations, we noted that this was a celebration and that we would be having a baby and a wheelchair as part of our group. When we arrived, they rushed to put together a table and then sat us at a booth with my poor father-in-law (in the wheelchair) at the end of the table and the baby in his mother's lap. There were only 2 parties in the entire place. The food that was suggested was fine, but our chicken came out raw. Instead of apologizing, they just took it back and cooked a new piece...as in 1 piece and brought it to us on a bread plate. The menu is very overpriced & the portions are small. We all left hungry and broke. We'll be going back to Cedar instead.
- McFly5585VIPDined on 7/12/2014I had been to the Bosphorous location in Winter Park, where I also had a great dining experience. The staff at the Dr. Phillips location was a bit friendlier (could be due to the smaller space?) which added to the experience. Not as big a cocktail list as there is not a full bar as there is in Winter Park, but the menu items were just as delicious. The table ordered lavas (a must) and the babganoush which was tasty. I opted for a lamb dish which was excellent- gyro-style lamb with a tomato sauce, atop buttered flat bread, served with a roasted jalapeno and a generous (too much) portion of sour cream. I also recommend the Pineapple Turkish Delight cake and chocolate hazelnut bakalava- yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dr Phillips Restaurant Was GreatRomeoDined on 7/11/2014Real tasteful food also well cooked and amazing taste and quality customer serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic TurkishZSG67VIPDined on 7/11/2014Food was very good and very authentic. Nice to find a Turkish restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turkish CuisineKellyJDined on 7/8/2014I prepare some Turkish foods and am quite familiar with Middle Eastern cookery. If you like exotic dishes which are authentic, try Bosphorus. I do recommend the Mixed Grill for two consisting of various meats; lamb is a specialty. Also, try the Kanefe for dessert--ask for a fork and split it between three or four people.Special Features:
- The following 212 reviews are from the Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine - Orlando reviews archive.
- Why go to BosphorousDoctorGDined on 6/28/2014We have been here several times. All the food is very tasty and fresh at a fair price. We will be back again. This is food you won't get elsewhereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Turkish FoodWannalikeitVIPDined on 6/28/2014A real gem in the Marketplace center in Dr Phillips on Sand Lake Road. The food was well prepared and presented. Absolutely delicious and served piping hot. Service was friendly and attentive. We will continue to return as one of our neighborhood favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Turkish Food in Dr PhillipsValeDined on 6/14/2014Food was delicious. The location and ambiance is very different than the Winter Park location, but the food is equally as good.Special Features:
- Great Turkish Foodmick57Dined on 5/28/2014We lived in Turkey for 3 years and have been looking for a place that could provide food as we experienced there - this is it! Almost every detail captured. I would offer that the music playing when we visited detracted from the overall experience. Nonetheless I will make this a regular stop for a nice meal and great wine! If you know Turkisk food and you live or are visiting the area, I highly recommend giving it a trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Mediterranean DiningOmnivorousInOrlandoDined on 5/25/2014My wife and I have enjoyed the Bosphorus location in Winter Park on several occasions and since the Dr. Phillips location is closer to our home, we decided to give it a try. The food was wonderful and the portions enormous. We could have easily split a single entree between us and still leave feeling stuffed. The room is small and one loud table filled the space with noise. Service could have been a little more attentive. There was no effort to clear the plates and silverware after our appetizer course, and the waiter seemed surprised when we finally handed them to him to take away. But this was the only significant lapse in an otherwise lovely dinner. We will definitely be back for more!Special Features:
- Great turkishChuckDined on 5/14/2014In town on business and someone recommended this restaurant. A perfect escape from the commercial insanity and great turkish food and wine. Food is outstanding. Marinated just right and cooked to perfection. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Mother's Day lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014The lunch here was really tasty. Unfortunately, the oven was not working, so we were not able to get the lavash bread. I think that the menu choices are little bit on the pricey side, but that was overlooked given the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent cuisine and serviceMandyKDined on 4/26/2014We visited Bosphorous while in Orlando and seeking an escape from the Disney compound. We had never had Turkish food before and thought Bosphorous looked like a great place to try. We were not disappointed! My husband and I both very much enjoyed the lavash appetizer with a yogurt, dill, mint dip (can't remember the name). The cocktails were interesting - made with sake as they don't have a full liquor license - light and tasty. The entrees were also quite good. We will definitely return when back in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!VickieBDined on 3/27/2014The servers are very friendly, and the atmosphere is very warm and inviting. Food was excellent. We were a group of 6 for lunch so we tried the assorted appetizers. it was a great introduction to Turkish food, which some of us had never had. And the bread!! yum. Delicious. Nice wine list of wines by the glass. The Turkish pastry dish with cheese was also great. Nice neighborhood restaurant that I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten free friendlyEASchechterDined on 3/23/2014I had heard that Bosphorus was GF friendly, but I was blown away by the level of service. When we got there, I informed the waitress that I was gluten intolerant. She assured me that she would make sure that the kitchen knew, and that they would take care of me. A few minutes later, another woman (the owner?) came out and went over the menu with me, answering all my questions. The food was fantastic, the service was exemplary, and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodTiggerDined on 3/22/2014Our first visit to Bosphorus on Sandlake. The food and service were great. The assortment appetizer is outstanding; gives you a taste of our Turkish favorites. Don't miss the lavash; it goes wonderfully with this appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Among the best in 6 days in OrlandoPhoodiepanDined on 3/4/2014My daughter and I spent 6 days in Orlando for spring break and made a point of trying different supposedly good places to eat in Orlando. I had the Lamb Saute and my daughter had the Chicken saute with white sauce. We also had the grape leaves for appetizer. The grape leaves is quite average and nothing to write home about. Both my daughter and I liked the main dish. My lamb saute is like a lamb stew in a savory sauce. Te red and green peppers are well done and very tasty. It came with tasty white rice. The lamb is just tender. A test of how good my daughter's chicken saute is how much of it she ate - she ate it all. She liked it. I would not hesitate recommending this restaurant especially if you have a taste for Turkish food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodjimmyDined on 3/1/2014We've been twice and we loved the food both times. Service was lacking the second time, but improved towards the end of our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you for helping us celebrateMRRCVIPDined on 2/28/2014Thank you for helping us celebrate our second wedding anniversary! Service was lovely, food was simply Divine. We are looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Yum Kabobs & Grape Leaves..7SaturdaysVIPDined on 2/25/2014Great for lunch. We split an order of the Grape Leaves and Chicken Kabob. They give you a lot of beets and raw onions, I would prefer veggies or more rice. Will request it next time. Their prices for wines are full price at lunch time…next time wait till 4 pm, Happy Hour. I was there at 315pm, darnit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodAKFineVIPDined on 2/24/2014Food was good. Very flavorful. Wait staff was confused at first about who was serving us but got it sorted and did a good job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deelicious!!!sheeshKbobDined on 2/16/2014Dr. Phillips area: Beef kabob dinner, regular (not spelled exactly like this on menu); lamb kabob dinner, regular; grape leaves; puffy bread & yogurt sauce; wine (happy hour/ 2 for 1) -- all outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatdfd375Dined on 2/14/2014Delicious and fresh. Don't be scared by the ethnicity, the food is simple and satisfying, a bit pricy but well worth it. There is something for everyone on the menu, if it sounds good on the menu get it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good Turkish Food experienceDrJimDined on 2/14/2014This restaurant is nearby and we sat outside in a strip mall with moderately busy traffic and even skateboarders riding by. Service was good and the food was better. Might consider going there for lunch. There is another Bosphorous Restaurant in town which is larger with a better ambiance.I would recommend this to a friend.