Bosley on Brady
815 E. Brady St.
Milwaukee, WI 53202Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Bosley on Brady
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bosleyonbrady.com/
- Phone: 414-727-7975 x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm ***ALSO OFFERING THE BEST HAPPY HOUR IN MILWAUKEE MONDAY-FRIDAY 4-6PM IN OUR BAR.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Gil L. Amador
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Parties, receptions, cocktail parties for up to 100 guests. Menus tailored to your occasion. We can close the restaurant/bar for your event or you may takes just a section of the dining room
- Private Party Contact: Michele or Nels 4147277975x
A word from Bosley on Brady
NEIGHBORHOOD GEM! Located on the ever-popular BRADY STREET, we have been serving the freshest seafood and most tender cuts of beef for 9 years. Our upscale-casual dining room and bar makes you feel like you are dining with your best friends. Funky artwork hangs for your pleasure and purchase. Our WINE SPECTATOR award winning wine list is sure to be a hit with your guests as well as our unique martinis. Come in and join us for a great dinner!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Bosley on Brady - Best Restaurants in Milwaukee ›
Bosley on Brady reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (49)neighborhood gem (49)special occasion (39)notable wine list (24)romantic (21)vibrant bar scene (16)good for groups (13)great for outdoor dining (10)hot spot (9)late-night find (4)great for lunch (3)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- fantasticpackereater1Dined on 9/6/2014We celebrated our anniversary. The staff made an extra effort to mention our special day. The food was delicious. Never felt rushed. Great experience. Definitely going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceJustright4uDined on 9/4/2014Bosley's is a cosy yet accommodating place to dine. The food was absolutely delicious and the service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ENJOYABLEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Great first-time experience--celebrated sons master degree graduation with his girlfriend (who lives in Milwaukee)--he works in Chicago and we are from Oshkosh--we are very familiar with Milwaukee and heard many good things about this restaurant--we were not disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not too happy for the price.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014The service and atmosphere was great; nice decor. I had the Jeff's Special, which for almost forty dollars was disappointing and bland. My wife had veal chops and enjoyed them. It was a Friday night, granted, but the place was extremely loud; to the point in which my wife and I, seated at a two seat table, had to yell to speak to each other. This was due to the restaurant portion of the store being one open space, and a very loud eight person party. While I understand people come to restaurants to have fun, at a certain point I do view it as the restaurant's responsibility to make sure it is not at the expense of other's enjoyment. Especially when a bill for two dinners and two cocktails comes to $88 before tip.Special Features:
- Great Happy Hour/Great FoodlovetoeatDined on 8/25/2014Many drinks and apps available during Happy Hour at greatly reduced prices. Loved the sauteed calamari, tempura beans and mojitos. Dinners were fabulous( grouper and salmon)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy with experiencedatenitefoodieDined on 8/23/2014My boyfriend and I have City Tin coupons I use and Bosely was one of them. I planned a date night for us and we were both very happy we chose this restaraunt! The service was great and so was the food! Our server made our experience personal which definitely made is feel comfortable. We will definitely be coming back and recommending this place to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent!enegoDined on 8/22/2014Arrived for a reservation made thru open table and seated right away, at a disappointing table. Out was a special occasion and we wanted some privacy... Asked for a different table and initially told that one wasn't available. Within several minutes hostess came over and seated us at our original request which was greatly appreciated and unexpected! Our server Andrea was excellent. She made our experience at Bosleys great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Just SeafoodDinerDined on 8/22/2014While Bosley on Brady is known for their seafood, don't overlook the steaks. My husband and I had their NY strip special and it was delicious. The steak is tender and cooked to perfection. The staff always takes great care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!BopperDined on 8/15/2014This was my first time at Bosley's (my wife briefly.had been there before). I can't say enough good things! From the time we walked through the door, to being seated, to the ever-attentive waiter and waitstaff, to the fabulous conch appetizer, to our entrees and desert-everything was fantastic! They even gave us desert for our anniversary. The clam chowder was the best I have ever tasted and my N.Y. strip steak was absolutely perfectly done with wonderful flavor. We thank Bosley's for everything that evening and will absolutely be going there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bosley is an Oasis on Brady!MKEdinerDined on 8/8/2014With a wine list that satisfied our pallets and the specials and menu rivaling the real Key West foodie scene, Bosley on Brady was once again an exquisite treat for our special anniversary celebration. The nephew of the owner was our server and did a magnificent job of making us feel special, and attended to every detail of our dining experience. The owner herself went out of her way to greet us and make our celebration even more special. The food, the drink, the service, and atmosphere were all aligned. This is the reason we return to Bosley on Brady frequently. It is always a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good every timeKCloves2eatDined on 8/2/2014Bosley's serves wonderful, unique food. The key lime pie is a must, better than the KeyLime pie in the KeysSpecial Features:
- Bosley's on Brady ShinesDelishDined on 7/31/2014Having neglected this gem of a restaurant since it's opening days, we were very overdue in returning to discover its great food and ambience. We brought friends for their first time visiting Bosley's and we all raved about every aspect of our experience from well-paced service by a knowledgable waiter to divine salads, delicious entrées, and scrumptious desserts. Every item was presented beautifully and taste was beyond our expectations. The freshness of each item we ate was noted and we can't wait to come back with more guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JillJillDined on 7/23/2014Great food. We've been here a number of times and the fish and meat are always great. All 4 of us enjoyed our plates. We had our 6 year old with us and there isn't a kids menu option which was a bummer, but the waitress did make a kid-friendly chicken/fish option for her. There was some strangely seasoned broccolini with it, but she liked the fish!Special Features:
- appreciativeDined on 7/23/2014This was the 3rd time I've dined at Bosley on Brady and have always had exceptional meals. The grouper is amazing as are the sweet potato biscuits! Our server was very attentive and helpful with suggestions.Special Features:
- Outstanding outdoor diningChicagomikVIPDined on 7/19/2014Great experience with cocktails, salads,entrees, and desert.Special Features:
- Consistently deliciousWinegirlVIPDined on 7/19/2014One of Milwaukee's best seafood restaurants, always something interesting and well prepared on the menu. Excellent waitstaff and management who care about making your experience a good one.Special Features:
- SaraDined on 7/12/2014I was disappointed in our experience here as I've been previously and everything was phenomenal. This time, our waiter seemed overwhelmed and inattentive. The fish was overcooked, my suspicion is because it was made prior to it being ordered and then was reheated. Everything was coming out too fast for it to have been made to order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From Happy Hour to DinnerSpecialTDined on 7/11/2014I had only been to Bosley's for their great happy hour, finally had dinner there for my birthday. It was delicious! Too bad I'm moving out of the state.Special Features:
- Fish forwardMotownersDined on 7/10/2014Fresh, well-prepared. The salads which accompanied the main dishes were well thought-out and complemented the meal very well.Special Features:
- MKEdinerVIPDined on 7/5/2014Another fine dining experience at Bosley's. I dined with a friend and her daughter for a special occasion and we all three had fantastic meals. The brown sugar salmon with caramelized bananas and strawberry slices is spectacular. The seafood symphony was also a special treat. Nice wine by the glass choices. I highly recommend this great Brady Street Milwaukee restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good mealDorkyDined on 6/28/2014we hadn't been in awhile and glad we came back; meals were outstanding and our waiter did a great job going over specialsSpecial Features:
- Good food/ too noisyMDsd8Dined on 6/21/2014We enjoyed our meal at Bosley's very much. The food was great. The noise level was quite high when we first arrived. As people left the noise level was more agreeable. Our server was very attentive at the beginning of the meal. After the entrees were served , he became quite busy and we had to look for him to attend to our needs. We waited to have plates cleared, for coffee and for dessert. He seemed to be running from table to table to accomodate the customers. The tables for his station should have been closer together to make serving easier.Special Features:
- 2891eatsDined on 6/21/2014Outstanding Butterfish! Decent Bourbon sidecar, super waitstaff -- attentive enough, but not constantly breathing down your neck. The only mild dissapointment: The sautéd calamari was really more of a poached dish -- the squid had no browning at all. Lovely sauce though. All in all, I'd happily come back for more and see if the butterfish or calamari is the norm. If it's the former, I'll be a regular!Special Features:
- foodloverVIPDined on 6/21/2014always great sea food and the key lime pie is awesomeSpecial Features:
- nonicknameVIPDined on 6/17/2014A group of four of us visiting from out of town went here. Wow! The food was so good. We had conch fritters, brussel sprouts, trout from the menu, steak. Desserts included blueberry cobbler and key lime pie. Yum. We had a great bottle of wine at a really reasonable price. Service was very knowledgeable. Parking is challenging since it is on the street. Budget time to look for a space. But definitely worth the trip. This isn't a really fancy place but the food is terrific and worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!LLMKEDined on 6/14/2014Have never been disappointed in the food, wine, or service at Bosley. They have fantastic seafood! Dessert was delicious as well. Fantastic, large wine list. My only complaint is that it is often so loud it is hard to carry on a conversation with your dinner partner(s). We will return for certain.Special Features:
- A rare misstep at BosleynoTV4meVIPDined on 6/14/2014Bosley on Brady has been one of my favorite spots as of late, but this last outing was not up to par. First off: The waitress brought everyone in our party of six an amuse bouche except for me. She didn't seem to notice that she didn't count correctly, but quickly dashed off to get me another Diet Coke. Ok, I guess I didn't need a crostini with an olive tapenade after all. From there everything slowed to a glacial pace. The bread basket didn't appear until almost 30 minutes at the table. The Conch Chowder was excellent, but the main course didn't show up for a good 40 minutes after that. While I know the restaurant was busy, there were empty tables in the bar and dinner for six should not be a 2.5 hour affair.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrizzDined on 6/14/2014Great food, very responsive service, and cool Key West vibe.Special Features:
- Top Brady Street LocalProntomacVIPDined on 6/14/2014You are family when dining at Bosley. But, the food is much better than family! Truly an outstanding restaurant where you can always depend on getting good food, good service and interesting/innovative specials. BRAVO--always…to Skip the bartender--and--the wonderful owners, who are always present to insure that their guests are treated like family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Key West gemspecialeventdinerDined on 6/14/2014Great seafood choices and nice selections for meat eaters. Attentive service. Key lime pie is very good but blueberry cobbler is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Among the best in MilwaukeenonaVIPDined on 6/13/2014Bosley is one of my very favorite restaurants in Milwaukee. I have been there several times and tried many different dishes, and not one has disappointed. The waitstaff is always friendly, helpful, and attentive. I eagerly await my next visit!Special Features:
- Great experience!RachelVIPDined on 6/11/2014Every great dining experience can be tied to one thing...the service. Our server was exceptional! Great recommendations, great personality!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missing the mark at an old favoritefloydsterDined on 6/7/2014My wife and I have always loved this place since they first opened. Enjoyed great food on our recent diner there but was a little disappointed with the service. When I asked for more info on a particular wine our server said " I think it's French". I asked him what variety of white wine it was he said" it's made from French grapes". Ordered a Mojito and the bartender mistakenly used olive juice in it instead of a sugar mixture. It was awful. I hope that this was a one time fluke.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryChristopherandDeannaDined on 6/2/2014We love Bos cause we had our first date here bad the F&B is always top notch--- so's the svc!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite in MilwaukeeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2014The red pepper risotto was the best I've had, the seafood medley never disappoints. Bosley is a must every time we visit Milwaukee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bosely OverviewartieDined on 5/31/2014Bosely offers a unique dining experience. The food is very different from any other restaurant and excellent. A fresh catch of the day is always offered and prepared very creatively, along with many other fish dishes, as well as steak specials. Their salads are always very fresh and blends of different fruits or vegetables with homemade dressings. You never get bored going to Bosely's as their menu changes with the seasons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we went backDanMVIPDined on 5/23/2014We went to Bosley 3 years ago and had a very disappointing experience. We gave it another chance, and were very happy we did. Conch fritters were fantastic. Seafood appetizer plate was diverse and fresh. The key lime pie is a must have. We will certainly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 581 reviews are from the Bosley on Brady reviews archive.
- Oasis in the cityMKEdinerDined on 5/17/2014From the moment we entered the restaurant & greeted by the owner the the attentive treatment by the wait staff & the delectable food we each ordered, the evening was flawless. A wonderful dinning experience we will repeat many more times in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good...JoeCDined on 5/16/2014Laid back, consistent and under the radar, a fun and casual place for some cocktails and Key West flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014After spending the winter in FL, the 1st eatery that we visited was Bosley on Brady. As usual the food & service were great. Seagood was fresh & well prepared & presented.Special Features: