Bosley on Brady
815 E. Brady St.
Milwaukee, WI 53202Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Bosley on Brady
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bosleyonbrady.com/
- Phone: (414) 727-7975
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm ***ALSO OFFERING THE BEST HAPPY HOUR IN MILWAUKEE MONDAY-FRIDAY 4-6PM IN OUR BAR.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Gil L. Amador
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Parties, receptions, cocktail parties for up to 100 guests. Menus tailored to your occasion. We can close the restaurant/bar for your event or you may takes just a section of the dining room
- Private Party Contact: Michele or Nels 4147277975x
A word from Bosley on Brady
NEIGHBORHOOD GEM! Located on the ever-popular BRADY STREET, we have been serving the freshest seafood and most tender cuts of beef for 9 years. Our upscale-casual dining room and bar makes you feel like you are dining with your best friends. Funky artwork hangs for your pleasure and purchase. Our WINE SPECTATOR award winning wine list is sure to be a hit with your guests as well as our unique martinis. Come in and join us for a great dinner!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Bosley on Brady - Best Restaurants in Milwaukee ›
Bosley on Brady reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (60)fit for foodies (59)special occasion (43)notable wine list (26)vibrant bar scene (24)romantic (22)hot spot (20)good for groups (15)great for outdoor dining (8)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Quality food and comfortableDonBDined on 11/21/2014Went here for the first time and my wife and I both ordered seafood which was obviously top quality and expertly prepared. Some of the best seafood we have had in Milwaukee or anywhere. Service was good and friendly and the atmosphere is comfortable. It was busy and fairly loud on the night we went, but I would describe it as "lively" rather than "noisy" and we were still able to hold a conversation without yelling. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but....CarpDined on 11/15/2014Food at Bosley is always great and this time was not any different. Our table of four each had an outstanding meal. Our only issue of the evening was our waiter who seemed too busy or generally uninterested in whether we were actually enjoying our evening. (Actually, the younger wait/bus staff was much more interested in our happiness.) It was too bad, because other than our waiter glitch and a kind of uneasiness he injected into the experience, the night was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very consistentYoungfoodieDined on 11/14/2014We can always count on Bosley's for great food and calm an environment. It's a really great spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousBeaJVIPDined on 11/14/2014If you've never gone, do yourself a favor & go. The food is exceptional and the kitchen is very accommodating (thank you). Each dish delivered to our table was simply fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They love saltEatoutlotsDined on 11/8/2014It was a bit pricey , guess they are charging you extra for all the salt they use. Four 4 of us it was 240.00 plus tip. Noisy and cramped. Probably won't try againSpecial Features:
- Just fine diningRhetoricaDined on 11/6/2014I recently dined at Bosley's with friends, and we had a pleasant enough time even though our server was abrupt. He kept grabbing up plates as soon as we were done; he rushed us to order dessert even when there seemed to be no need for our table; and he pushed some kind of dining club that we just weren't interested in. Perhaps that part is restaurant policy, but it seemed amateurish as well as crass. As for the food, it was fine, though there are limited vegetarian options, and the dessert sampler comes in shot glasses, which seems a bit more frat party than foodie. Since Bosley's is near and the wine list is good, we'd go back—though perhaps not for a full dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jjjdDined on 11/5/2014Great sea food for a reasonable price. Staff is very friendly and professional.Special Features:
- Great practical menuMeatandpotatoeaterDined on 10/24/2014Bosley's has a great menu that isn't overloaded with eclectic combinations like many of its competitors. Don't get me wrong they have some unique menu combinations but it's a balanced menu of good staples with unique additions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodOutAndAboutDined on 10/18/2014Our food and drinks were fantastic!! It was incredibly loud, so much so that if you wanted to talk to the person across from you you had to yell. The service was ehh, but acceptable. I'm not sure if I would go back or not.Special Features:
- Bosley Good AgainMilwaukeeHowardVIPDined on 10/18/2014Party of Four, Chardonnay and soda, trout on menu and to order, halibut special, petite steak and fun for all. Very nice!Special Features:
- Always perfectFredVIPDined on 10/17/2014It was a very bustling Friday evening; however, our table was waiting. In spite of the amazing seafood entrees, I quickly selected one of the specials: a steak and shrimp combo. It was perfectly prepared and presented with some risotto and roasted Brussels sprouts. My wife enjoyed the seafood symphony appreciating the ability to substitute another piece of fish for the scallop. And the service is always fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frustrating service!RareFoodieDined on 10/16/2014I've had many wonderful visits to Bosley. On a recent visit with several friends, however, we had a waiter that reminded us of being a private in the military. He didn't seem to want to offer much in the way of feedback/suggestions, and we always felt under a fair amount of pressure to make decisions quickly. Since the visits to our table were fairly spotty, we always had the concern that if we asked him to come back it would be a while again. Certainly restaurants can be understaffed but this didn't seem to be the case on our night. In fact, we actually wondered if we could have asked to switch waiters, but it didn't seem appropriate. I'll definitely go back, but keep an eye out for the right waiter... or hope this fellow has a better day!Special Features:
- FabulousDined on 10/9/2014Great food and service. The wine list was impressive and will definitely return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Texas visit to Bosley'sFoodieinTexasDined on 10/6/2014Great place to celebrate an occassion.We were celebrating our daughter's engagement. As it happened on our one day visit to Milwaukee we also were able to find both she and her bride's wedding dress so we had more than average to celebrate. It was a grand night at Bosley's on Brady in Milwaukee.Special Features:
- Best on BradygreekgoddessDined on 9/22/2014We went very early on a Monday for a bday celebration and had the dining room to ourselves. Stephanie was amazing. She took the time to explain everything for a first timer and had lots of recommendations (many we took and all were right on). The appetizers and desserts were well worth it. Seafood diversity and quality was fantastic and spices and sauces different but tasty. Presentation of everything (even Pellegrino and water) made the evening. All the details were there up to and including sparkler on bday treat. There was great timing between courses and no rush to leave. Overall a very filling, satisfying and repeatable experience. The window table was great for people watching on Milwaukee's entertaining East Side.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014We brought out of town guests and we were all very happy with the food and service. We had reservations for 7:30 and arrived much earlier but they were able to accommodate us. All of us had fish dishes and they were all delicious.Special Features:
- Great seafoodDebTVIPDined on 9/15/2014Always love their mussels and black and blue tuna. The beet salad was so good. As stuffed as I was I still had dessert. The dark chocolate block was wonderful.Special Features:
- One of our Milwaukee FavoritesfloydsterVIPDined on 9/13/2014Eaten here many times and the food has always been excellent. Great place, especially if you enjoy a great fish dinner. Love the Key West décor. Service is generally very good. Only had one exception in all of our dinners there. You are better off with the wine than mixed drinks though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticpackereater1Dined on 9/6/2014We celebrated our anniversary. The staff made an extra effort to mention our special day. The food was delicious. Never felt rushed. Great experience. Definitely going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceJustright4uDined on 9/4/2014Bosley's is a cosy yet accommodating place to dine. The food was absolutely delicious and the service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ENJOYABLEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Great first-time experience--celebrated sons master degree graduation with his girlfriend (who lives in Milwaukee)--he works in Chicago and we are from Oshkosh--we are very familiar with Milwaukee and heard many good things about this restaurant--we were not disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not too happy for the price.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014The service and atmosphere was great; nice decor. I had the Jeff's Special, which for almost forty dollars was disappointing and bland. My wife had veal chops and enjoyed them. It was a Friday night, granted, but the place was extremely loud; to the point in which my wife and I, seated at a two seat table, had to yell to speak to each other. This was due to the restaurant portion of the store being one open space, and a very loud eight person party. While I understand people come to restaurants to have fun, at a certain point I do view it as the restaurant's responsibility to make sure it is not at the expense of other's enjoyment. Especially when a bill for two dinners and two cocktails comes to $88 before tip.Special Features:
- Great Happy Hour/Great FoodlovetoeatDined on 8/25/2014Many drinks and apps available during Happy Hour at greatly reduced prices. Loved the sauteed calamari, tempura beans and mojitos. Dinners were fabulous( grouper and salmon)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy with experiencedatenitefoodieDined on 8/23/2014My boyfriend and I have City Tin coupons I use and Bosely was one of them. I planned a date night for us and we were both very happy we chose this restaraunt! The service was great and so was the food! Our server made our experience personal which definitely made is feel comfortable. We will definitely be coming back and recommending this place to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent!enegoDined on 8/22/2014Arrived for a reservation made thru open table and seated right away, at a disappointing table. Out was a special occasion and we wanted some privacy... Asked for a different table and initially told that one wasn't available. Within several minutes hostess came over and seated us at our original request which was greatly appreciated and unexpected! Our server Andrea was excellent. She made our experience at Bosleys great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Just SeafoodDinerDined on 8/22/2014While Bosley on Brady is known for their seafood, don't overlook the steaks. My husband and I had their NY strip special and it was delicious. The steak is tender and cooked to perfection. The staff always takes great care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!BopperDined on 8/15/2014This was my first time at Bosley's (my wife briefly.had been there before). I can't say enough good things! From the time we walked through the door, to being seated, to the ever-attentive waiter and waitstaff, to the fabulous conch appetizer, to our entrees and desert-everything was fantastic! They even gave us desert for our anniversary. The clam chowder was the best I have ever tasted and my N.Y. strip steak was absolutely perfectly done with wonderful flavor. We thank Bosley's for everything that evening and will absolutely be going there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bosley is an Oasis on Brady!MKEdinerDined on 8/8/2014With a wine list that satisfied our pallets and the specials and menu rivaling the real Key West foodie scene, Bosley on Brady was once again an exquisite treat for our special anniversary celebration. The nephew of the owner was our server and did a magnificent job of making us feel special, and attended to every detail of our dining experience. The owner herself went out of her way to greet us and make our celebration even more special. The food, the drink, the service, and atmosphere were all aligned. This is the reason we return to Bosley on Brady frequently. It is always a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good every timeKCloves2eatDined on 8/2/2014Bosley's serves wonderful, unique food. The key lime pie is a must, better than the KeyLime pie in the KeysSpecial Features:
- Bosley's on Brady ShinesDelishDined on 7/31/2014Having neglected this gem of a restaurant since it's opening days, we were very overdue in returning to discover its great food and ambience. We brought friends for their first time visiting Bosley's and we all raved about every aspect of our experience from well-paced service by a knowledgable waiter to divine salads, delicious entrées, and scrumptious desserts. Every item was presented beautifully and taste was beyond our expectations. The freshness of each item we ate was noted and we can't wait to come back with more guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 607 reviews are from the Bosley on Brady reviews archive.
- JillJillDined on 7/23/2014Great food. We've been here a number of times and the fish and meat are always great. All 4 of us enjoyed our plates. We had our 6 year old with us and there isn't a kids menu option which was a bummer, but the waitress did make a kid-friendly chicken/fish option for her. There was some strangely seasoned broccolini with it, but she liked the fish!Special Features:
- appreciativeDined on 7/23/2014This was the 3rd time I've dined at Bosley on Brady and have always had exceptional meals. The grouper is amazing as are the sweet potato biscuits! Our server was very attentive and helpful with suggestions.Special Features:
- Outstanding outdoor diningChicagomikVIPDined on 7/19/2014Great experience with cocktails, salads,entrees, and desert.Special Features:
- Consistently deliciousWinegirlVIPDined on 7/19/2014One of Milwaukee's best seafood restaurants, always something interesting and well prepared on the menu. Excellent waitstaff and management who care about making your experience a good one.Special Features:
- SaraDined on 7/12/2014I was disappointed in our experience here as I've been previously and everything was phenomenal. This time, our waiter seemed overwhelmed and inattentive. The fish was overcooked, my suspicion is because it was made prior to it being ordered and then was reheated. Everything was coming out too fast for it to have been made to order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From Happy Hour to DinnerSpecialTDined on 7/11/2014I had only been to Bosley's for their great happy hour, finally had dinner there for my birthday. It was delicious! Too bad I'm moving out of the state.Special Features:
- Fish forwardMotownersDined on 7/10/2014Fresh, well-prepared. The salads which accompanied the main dishes were well thought-out and complemented the meal very well.Special Features:
- MKEdinerVIPDined on 7/5/2014Another fine dining experience at Bosley's. I dined with a friend and her daughter for a special occasion and we all three had fantastic meals. The brown sugar salmon with caramelized bananas and strawberry slices is spectacular. The seafood symphony was also a special treat. Nice wine by the glass choices. I highly recommend this great Brady Street Milwaukee restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good mealDorkyVIPDined on 6/28/2014we hadn't been in awhile and glad we came back; meals were outstanding and our waiter did a great job going over specialsSpecial Features:
- Good food/ too noisyMDsd8Dined on 6/21/2014We enjoyed our meal at Bosley's very much. The food was great. The noise level was quite high when we first arrived. As people left the noise level was more agreeable. Our server was very attentive at the beginning of the meal. After the entrees were served , he became quite busy and we had to look for him to attend to our needs. We waited to have plates cleared, for coffee and for dessert. He seemed to be running from table to table to accomodate the customers. The tables for his station should have been closer together to make serving easier.Special Features: