730 Washington Ave N, Ste 114
Minneapolis, MN 55401Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.boroughmpls.com/
- Phone: (612) 354-3135
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday-Monday: 5pm to 12am
Tuesday-Saturday: 5pm to 2am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Drew Yancey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We have event options. Please contact us to discuss your next big event!
- Private Party Contact: Keely Nyquist 6123543135x
- Special Events: Borough Block Party on August 10th! $5 entry fee. From noon to 7pm.
Good food, drinks and live bands! Featuring:
Black Market Brass
A word from Borough
Borough was created to represent the chefs point of view of simplicity. We are a casual eatery with an ever changing menu that focuses on simple ingredients that are seasonal and sourced locally. This ever changing menu allows our chefs to stay creative with the changing of the seasons and the food that is offered by foragers during them.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Borough reviews from OpenTable diners
233 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (206)special occasion (121)hot spot (96)romantic (90)neighborhood gem (76)great for outdoor dining (57)vibrant bar scene (49)good for groups (40)notable wine list (40)late-night find (21)scenic view (7)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Perfect Night Out!AllaboutthetasteVIPDined on 11/21/2014Borough has a wonderful combination of location, ambiance, service, food and drink. We had exceptional service by the entire wait staff, were not rushed, and enjoyed some wonderful courses which were fun to share. We enjoyed every item we ordered, from the cocktails to wine, soup, acorn squash, octopus, venison and salmon. Each with unique combinations of ingredients and flavors, beautifully presented. Exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunate birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/20/2014My twin and I celebrate our birthday together every year and part of that day includes dinner at a new restaurant. This is usually one of the highlights of the day. I loved the look and feel of Borough but unfortunately our server, Rosie, was incredibly curt to us throughout the time we were there. She was condescending and flippant and also did not acknowledge the fact that we were celebrating our birthday (which was clear since we were unwrapping a small gift each, and the host had wished us happy birthday also since it was on our reservation). When we handed her our credit cards to separate the bill according to what each of us had, she said she said "Um, I don't know your names." Although each of us handed her our own card. She later apologized for that. The cider cocktail was pretty medicinal as far as taste, the food was tasty and visually interesting, ambiance was great, but I really was shocked by the attitude of the service.Special Features:
- Chef Tyler! You Hit It Out of the Park!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014My daughter and I went to Borough to celebrate her birthday.From the moment we stepped inside we were impressed with the ambiance, service and decor. Our waiter, Josh, was fabulous. He made us feel so welcome and comfortable, so attentive to our every need.Each one of his drink and food recommendations were spot on! There wasn't any question he couldn't answer. The food came out at a nice pace, each dish being appropriately hot or cold. The presentations were exciting and new and the flavors unforgettable! I have also dined at Coup d'Etat and found Borough to be yet again another amazing experience from Chef Tyler. Never thought I'd say I love to eat octopus! My favorite dish of the evening was the venison. It was a delicious surprise and could not have been prepared any better. It was cooked to perfection alongside the wine reduction! The fondue, mushrooms and vegetables only added to the absolute indulgence of this dish! I can't wait to return with my husband so he can experience it as well. Thank you to everyone for making this such a memorable time for each of us. Your kindness, generosity, and attentiveness will be long remembered.We'll be back soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AngieVIPDined on 11/20/2014We went to Borough for my husband's birthday. I picked this restaurant because they are known for their Manhattan and that's his favorite cocktail. He loved it! The food was great. I requested a table in a relatively quiet area, and we got it. Definitely a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Much?OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/18/2014Had a hard time finding the restaurant. Frustrating. Signage not very visible at night. My chicken dinner was very good. The pork chops had a sauce that proved to be too "hot" for a fellow diner. Creation is wonderful, but are so many different ingredients really necessary? The meat actually has no taste once all the extras are added.Special Features:
- Great Feel, Great TasteDuvyDidItDined on 11/14/2014Definitely a spot that you stumble upon with great surprise and satisfaction. The servers are very knowledgable and not in the "I have to be bc I work here way". They seem genuinely interested in not only educating you, but also helping you have a night fitting of your occasion. The drinks ($12 a pop) were exquisitely made and will satisfy even the most hardend alcoholics taste buds. Venison was a smidgen tough but was a fabulous cut and prepared well to remove the overly gamey taste you frequently find. All in all a wonderful experience and I plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very excellent food, menue and serviceJimteVIPDined on 11/14/2014As ones who dine out four times a week, Borough is one of the very best restaurants in Minneapolis. The menu changes to stay fresh and every item is outstanding. The service could not be better. Prices are in-line with the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Rave enoughPlaenDined on 11/12/2014Outstanding. Chef driven menu and it shows. You can tell that the Chefs really care about their food . Every food item I tried was delicious. Starting with the soup and ending with the dessert. The soup was assembled table side. Parsnip with Smoked Duck, Grapes, Mascarpone, Sorghum, and Sage. Next the pork belly. Big meaty pieces served on a celery root pancake with Gouda and apple butter. Then the Venison served with Brussels, Mushrooms,and Squash. All of which were memorable.The service was exceptional. He was knowledgeable about the dishes. Took the time to explain them in a none condescending way. Very helpful. Can't wait to return and try the other items on the menu. Good job. Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yes!MollitaDined on 11/11/2014We had an early dinner reservation on a cold/snowy evening. The bar and restaurant were empty due to weather; only two other tables. Hostess and waiter were friendly and our waiter made helpful recommendations. The food exceeded expectations - octopus appetizer and salmon entre, and delicious wine. The decor is very trendy with the glamorous rustic furnishings: reclaimed wood, brown leather and marble stone tables. The lighting is ambient and atmosphere is overall comfortable. I love everything about this restaurant and will return!Special Features:
- GoodApz91Dined on 11/4/2014Great food. Very small plates, hard to share. Fancy wine. Great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Started strong - ended not so greatJaneMackDined on 11/1/2014We went for an after concert dinner. Our reservation was for 9:00 and we were seated immediately. Ordred two of the house Manhattens which were suberb. Two Starters - carpaccio and squash were suberb. The seconds were a little disappointing. I had the sweetbreads which were over cooked and when I mentioned that to our server, he said that they liked to sautee them so they were crispy -- I've had more sweetbreads than he has had birthdays and these were over cooked not crispy. My husband had the pasta which as also very ordinary. We would go back for the Manhattens for sure!Special Features:
- Okay at bestRandyDined on 11/1/2014Because they have an ever changing menu, it doesnt look like they have any signature dishes thst they are good in making. We tried what our server recommended and they were just ok. Also, you have little or no privacy when you eat given you are eating so close to your fellow diners. If you eant to know what is going on in a strangers life, this is the place to go.Special Features:
- Great date night diningRocketdogDined on 11/1/2014Interesting menu , knowledgable server and creative cocktails - only downside is that tables are very close together - hope you don't end up next to a loud talker. Recommend the octopus.Special Features:
- Great food - but long waitKimjohnson88Dined on 11/1/2014Great atmosphere, very professional service, and wonderful flavorful food. However, the sauce (brine?) that came with the otherwise very tasty, flavorful sea bass was way too salty (I know that is the definition of brine, but I would have asked mine to be watered down had I known). Our dinner lasted 2 hours, which was a good 30 mins too long. There were just two of us, and we waited a very, very long time (maybe 30 mins after we finished our appetizer) for our main course, with no apology or explanation for the long wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentpdufDined on 10/26/2014Our group of 9 on an early Sunday evening loved the waiter , the food was incredible and noise level not crazy loud! Nothing not to love about this place or the North Loop!Special Features:
- Try the Octopus!RachelDined on 10/24/2014This was my second time dining at Borough and I was far from disappointed! My friend and I make a point of going here each time restaurant week come rolling into town because we are both college students and their normal prices are a bit out of our league. The food is the right balance of familiar flavors but delivered in a new way. Take something as humble as chicken and roasted carrots and they give you poached chicken breast that has been pan seared to a perfect golden brown with a house-made roulade of chicken sausage and another of bread pudding. Their desserts are truly out of this world. If I could offer you only three words of advice, it would be for you to ORDER THE OCTOPUS! You simply must try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/24/2014Celebrated my husband's birthday here. Great ambiance and service and food was outstanding. The highlights were the parsnip soup (amazing!!) and the octopus! Drinks were awesome, too. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great first visitEatForEntertainmentDined on 10/24/2014My son and I had a very enjoyable meal during restaurant week. The food was delicious and the waiter/service was phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food, great wine listCCCGDined on 10/23/2014Really great dinner. Had the Restaurant Week menu and a fantastic bottle of wine. Great service and nice ambiance. Outdoor patio is a must-try when the weather warms up.Special Features:
- BuzzYumYumDined on 10/23/2014Our wait staff was wonderful. Our only issue was the later it got the louder it got!Special Features:
- Great Food, Not-so-great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/22/2014Maybe it was just because it was Restaurant Week, but the service was notably lacking. Bread didn't arrive until after we waited a while then asked for it, had to wait a while before ordering a second round of cocktails, etc. and it wasn't even that busy inside! To be honest though, the food was so good that it was still 100% worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekDaveDined on 10/22/2014Any option on the menu will be fantastic. Restaurant week brought us in and it's a great way to sample lots of different items. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great dining a Borough!ArchitectJamesDined on 10/22/2014Excellent food, well prepared and presented. Second visit (live in Dallas - but specifically returned with my wife due to how impressive my first visit had been)! Be sure to ask for Shawn - his explain action of the menu items is professional and extremely helpful. Will return next trip to Minneapolis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Good ServiceJKruseDined on 10/21/2014The food was fantastic and the servers took the time to explain everything that was going on with the plates. Emphasis should be placed on "servers" we didn't see out original server often (and it wasn't terribly busy) and a different person brought out each course. This made it hard to order a new drink because I expected our original server to stop by at some point to check up on us. This could easily be a one off thing, and the over all experience was great, so I wouldn't read into this too much, as long as it does not become a trend. I highly recommend Borough and will definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outBethDined on 10/21/2014Tried Borough over restaurant week. Highly recommended by my foodie friends. Plating was excellent and portion sizes generous. Great space, food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a visitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/21/2014The Borough is a unique experience with its ambiance and location. The food was good, but the prices did not correlate with the portions. Restaurant week certainly helps with being able to try more than one set dish, but I would eat at Bar La Grassa before going back to Borough.Special Features:
- Is it just hype?sdstingerDined on 10/21/2014Nope - it really is that good. Four of us all ordered different items from the courses and shared amongst us. The chicken was the most disappointing but otherwise, all solid. For the foodie or person with an adventurous pallet - get the octopus and sweetbreads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedsuefDined on 10/19/2014The menu is limited, the host staff was neither welcoming or service oriented. Our waiter Chris was great. Food was good but not memorable. If you are looking for a romantic dinner for two, make reservations elsewhere as the seating is tight and you easily heard the conversation at the nearby tables. Would not recommend this restaurant.
- Food and service were 5-star!AngelaCDined on 10/18/2014You can't go wrong with this restaurant! Loved the ambiance and the food was outstanding! The staff, though, really set it apart. From the host to the bartender to the server, everyone was incredibly knowledgable, accommodating, personable, and just down-right nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014The place is very nice, food is absolutely delicious. Glass of wine is served less than normal level.Special Features:
- JazzyVIPDined on 10/17/2014One of the best restaurants I'm Minneapolis! Will return the next time I'm in the city!Special Features:
- Always amazing!CRFoodieDined on 10/17/2014Can never go wrong with this fabulous restaurant. The incredibly unique and fantastic cocktails created by Jesse Held are worth the trip alone, they are always out of the world. Great comfortable atmosphere in Parlour, laid back, but hip. We always start out in the bar and make our way upstairs for the food which is always "on point" and served up by an incredible staff.Special Features:
- Great FoodNella39Dined on 10/16/2014We enjoyed a very special meal of different dishes that were uniquely prepared and delicious. These ranged from from pork belly and octopus to three different cuts of lamb on a single dish. We enjoyed this food in a very pleasant atmosphere. This was one of our a favorite dining experiences in the last couple of years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third PartydingdongcuckooDined on 10/11/2014This was the second time I dined at The Borough -- we had a 9:00 reservation and the restaurant was quieting down by the time we left at midnight. The food and service was terrific -- nice pace to the meal, never felt rushed, lots of good suggestions with food choices and wine. Our waiter was friendly and informative. Really nice evening! Well worth what we spent!!Special Features:
- Food was fine, service greatclosetfoodieDined on 10/11/2014Did not knock our socks off. The food was good but the service was great. It was loud and hard to have a chat without yelling. Maybe good for a large group not so much for a couple. Would like to try the outside seating next summer.
- Great dinnerServiceRulesDined on 10/10/2014The tables were very close together so it's tough to move around, but the decor was neat. The food was orginal, innovative and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was outstanding!DateNiteDiningDined on 10/10/2014First time at Borough and we will definitely be back (provided that the woman sitting at the table next to us is NOT (really, I don't need to hear your entire medical history while I'm eating the sweetbreads which were delicious)). The service was prompt and knowledgeable. I enjoyed the latest cocktail with a donation to cancer research fund (a great tie-in, I can drink and still be socially conscious, works for me. I was drinking for charity). Food presentation was lovely.Special Features:
- Date nightRonMDined on 10/10/2014If you like to experiment with unique combinations of tastes, textures put together with artistic excellence you'll like The Borough. Steak Tartare was awesome. Our server (Clare) recommended a wine that turned out to be fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable dinnerjoefDined on 10/10/2014borough has a decent menu with interesting selections. we had an early reservation so it was not too busy. all dishes we had were good. the lamb was excellent.Special Features:
- A little light on executionMkd628Dined on 10/9/2014Great service and atmosphere. Menu was eclectic and intriguing. My wife and I shared 6 dishes. Unfortunately, all were served lukewarm. Sweetbreads were over cooked and not hot. Duck soup was superb. Pork belly was spot on. Octopus was done perfectly and sauce was perfect match. Salmon and oxtail was low point. Too many items on plate conflicting. Lamb 3 ways was well done. Again all brought down by sitting too long before serving. Was Thursday night and not real busy?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.