Border Grill - Las Vegas
3950 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89119Neighborhood:
Mandalay Bay Resort
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Border Grill - Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bordergrill.com/
- Phone: 7026327403x
- Hours of Operation:
Everyday - Beginning at 11:00 a.m.
Saturday and Sunday - 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
(in addition to the full Lunch menu)
Everyday - Beginning at 4 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Mike Minor
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: BORDER GRILL CATERING: Looking for off-site catering? Whether it’s a wedding, birthday, or holiday cocktails, we’ll bring the party to your chosen location. Call today for an unforgettable party! 702.632.7540
- Special Events: Become a Border Grill VIP and get all the info about special events like our popular Tequila Tasting Dinners! Ask a manager how to join our exclusive Border Grill VIP Club.
A word from Border Grill - Las Vegas
Welcome to the vibrant, modern Mexican restaurant overlooking the Lazy River just off Mandalay Beach, where Chefs Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger, Food Network’s “Too Hot Tamales”, want nothing more than to spice up your day. With two floors of patio dining, this hip, urban cantina is the perfect setting for sipping margaritas and savoring the bold flavors of Mexico while enjoying views of the beach and pool.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Border Grill - Las Vegas - Best Restaurants in Mandalay Bay Resort ›
Border Grill - Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
208 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (94)great for outdoor dining (89)great for lunch (84)good for groups (78)great for brunch (73)special occasion (40)scenic view (24)hot spot (23)kid-friendly (22)vibrant bar scene (17)romantic (14)neighborhood gem (13)late-night find (10)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Service average; food deliciousCrisDined on 8/29/2014We showed up 30 minutes early and were seated without a wait outside on the patio. From this point, it took 20 minutes for the waitress to come over and take our drink order. During this time 3 seperate buss boys came over and yet none put two and two together. However I will say, after our waitress did come over she was great the rest of the night. The food was fantastic and had no complaints in that department.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MoogaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Border Grill is ally great. The service is exceptional and the food is gourmet. Love the discount to locals.Special Features:
- Very disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014Service was ok. The waitress was very upbeat. Food however left much to be desired. We felt the food was very mediocre and like your neighborhood Mexican dive. Very over priced for the quality. Don't go, it's a waste of money.
- Best Brunch....OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014Love the weekend brunch! It is a must on our trips to Vegas. The food and service has always been outstanding. If anyone likes southwest and can't make brunch........ lunch and dinner are also worth a visit. Don't laugh, but a must try is Bacon Jalapeno PBJ and The churro Tots as a sweet ending....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!DennisLasVegasDined on 8/23/2014We come here about once a month, and the entire experience is very consistent, visit to visit. Food is always very fresh and flavorful, and rivals any other place on The Strip or anywhere else in LV Valley. Service is fast and reliable. The people give off a vibe they are happy to see you--we always feel welcomed. Cant recommend highly enough...this is our favorite Mexican restaurant.Special Features:
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014First we were sat outside. Not asked if we wanted to. In 100+ degree weather. The staff kept bringing us water with no ice. The lights went out so we could not see what we were eating. The food was horrible. Not one person in my party actually finished their meal. Service rarely returned to check on us. I will not eat there againSpecial Features:
- Delicious Mexican food!DrJN68VIPDined on 8/18/2014Service was great for a busy restaurant. The food was outstanding! The Yucatan pork and the shrimp/scallops are highly recommended... And the dulce de leche churro balls were dessert heaven!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Murphy100904VIPDined on 8/18/2014We dined here for my birthday on Monday, August 18th. This place is wonderful. The food was incredible and the service outstanding. We ordered guacamole for starters, then had the pork and beef tacos. I can't say enough good things about this place. They also have specialty lemonades which were delicious. I would certainly return to this restaurant when IK am back in Vegas.Special Features:
- Yum!mattSEADined on 8/17/2014Great place to spend a relaxed and fun afternoon brunch with friends. I love the tapas style of little plates which allows for tasting lots of different things and being able to share bites...or not! The bottomless mimosas are a must...you're in Vegas after all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious & creative flavorsFoodieDined on 8/16/2014The chefs who own Border Grill put together a wonderful menu so that every dish offers a taste to treasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014The Food here was Great! The servers were Outstanding! The only thing I was confused about...when I tried to make our reservation for 5 pm for our group of 7.. Open Table said that was not available... we had to go at 4pm.... As we sat there 5pm through 5:45 the restaurant was 1/2 empty. so...whats up with that??Special Features:
- Good food, so-so serviceVegasFineDinerDined on 8/13/2014My daughter had been several times and highly recommended it. She admitted it wasn't nearly as good as she remembered. Food was very good, but not spectacular. Our waiter seemed rather inexperienced. Our appetizer was impossible to eat (and share) without small plates (which had not been provided), yet it took quite a long time to get anyone's attention to ask for them. The water and beer were barely "cold". I used comp points, which are supposed to be taken on the price before tax (so you save the tax), but he applied it after tax...so I took it out of his tip.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of their leaguemangiatimeDined on 8/10/2014My husband and I have been to Las Vegas many times and we have eaten at numerous restaurants inside the various hotels. All the restaurants we have eaten in have received four to five star ratings and they truly deserved it. The Border Grill at the Mandalay was terrible on all levels! Food quality, service, and atmosphere. They are clearly out of their league in Las Vegas. In addition to this, they have no restrooms in the restaurant. You have walk out of the restaurant walk down two flights of stairs then walk a it to get to a restroom. Horrible,
- Good, not greatFoodiepeepsDined on 8/10/2014We were greeted in a friendly manner by the server Amanda and started with complimentary chips and salsa, which were house made and very good. For beverages we ordered the basic margarita and pomegranate limeade.For food, we began with the border classics, which I really enjoyed. The corn tamales were a little deconstructed after unwrapped as if there was much more corn and very little masa, probably just a chef choice. For entrees we ordered yucatan pork plate and Amer. Wagyu tacos. Both were flavorful and well made. The house made thick tortillas were a nice touch. We finished with the Rufina Patel? desert-it was like a giant eclair. It was ok-topped with imitation choc. sauce and way too cloying.Special Features:
- great weekend brunchSBLVDined on 8/10/2014We have visited for brunch on multiple occasions. This brunch is special. It is all you can eat, but served from a small plates menu rather than a buffet. The dishes are light, delicious and beautifully prepared. The restaurant is comfortable and there is a fun outdoor seating area. We always leave happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ccastro06Dined on 8/9/2014Food was amazing the whole experience was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thurman's loved it before MJ show!Thurman8rDined on 8/9/2014Unique South West style food. Fresh salsa and chips.kids loved the tacos. I ate chef special, a pork tenderloin that was very good. My wife loved her Carne Asada. I don't recommend eating outside. The large fan is t enough to keep the shaded area (overlooking the pool) cool enough. Sweating while eating isn't ideal. The hostess may have been not very experienced, thus didn't offer any alternative seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodhardtopleaseDined on 8/9/2014We have had brunch here many times. The food and variety is outstanding. You will love this Mexican food. Not your typical Mexican restaurant.Special Features:
- Best Brunch in Vegasmmk230Dined on 8/2/2014You will not be disappointed with this brunch. Where the mimosa's flow like water and tapas menu is unique and delicious. Smoked salmon sliders with Jalapeño bacon, red velvet pancakes, the Bacon Jalapeño PBJ, Capirotada French Toast, Chicken and Waffle.... just to name a few. Settle in, and enjoy.Special Features:
- One of our favorite brunch spots!Rsc81400Dined on 8/2/2014Another great experience. Food was awesome - had the weekend brunch. It has so many small plate options. The flavors are spectacular. Can't remember our servers name but he was attentive and made us laugh. The all you can drink mimosas for $10 are hard to beat. Great flavors with cucumber basil being my favorite.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2014Better than remember, hot chips, a great twist on southwestern foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Border grillDiningDivaDined on 7/30/2014My family and I went. We loved this place because our drinks were never empty. Everyone was very welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, decent pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/30/2014Restaurants in Mandalay Bay can be pricey - this was decent, and the food was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodies sharepastor4foodDined on 7/29/2014Boarder Grill was recommended to us as we sat sharing food experiences with another foodie while dining the night before. The food was innovate and very fresh. It utilized wholesome ingredients in creative ways to blend the traditional flavors of Mexico with an upbeat modern taste. The best thing we had was the blood orange margarita. Really innovate and so tasty! A Winner on a hot Vegas afternoon.Special Features:
- Must love onionsAthensOHfoodieDined on 7/28/2014The food was delicious, however I am not big on onions (particularly raw onions) and most of the dishes have onion as a significant part of the flavor profile. That aside, the food was all beautiful and delicious, definitely worth visiting. I took advantage of the unlimited small plates option and this allowed me to try 8 different dishes, foodie paradise!Special Features:
- Margarita Not So SpecialVegasVisitorDined on 7/28/2014With the variety offered, was disappointed with quality of drinks. Ordered the Pineapple Vanilla - could taste neither flavor or tequila, only sugary mix. With that said, the entrée, shrimp and scallops was perfection. Birthday dessert was yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken specialCasadeaDined on 7/28/2014I had the chicken special and it was marvelous. The spices were just right!Special Features:
- Awesome BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/27/2014We were there for the Sunday Brunch. I thought my stomach was going to explode when I was done eating. The menu is a bunch of "small plates" and they keep on bringing whatever you ask for. The hardest part was choosing what to eat next. I wish we could've stayed for a few more hours, let my stomach digest this foodie goodness, and then start a second round!Special Features:
- Quality good, sides & garnish notOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Loved the quality of the food, and drinks. I had the brisket taquitos and they were covered in a creme, guacamole and slaw, which made them soggy. The ends were spared so we did enjoy the crunch there and the brisket was AWESOME, but it was disappointing that all of that wasn't just on the side. Similar issues on the tacos. Finally the guacamole was fresh and bright, but it was frustrating that in the menu description it did not state onions were in the guacamole when there was a very intense opinion taste and a plethora in the guacamole, frankly hard to avoid. It wasn't a deterrent for most at the table, but it was for me.Special Features:
- Mediocre lukewarm food and serviceHappy2dineVIPDined on 7/24/2014I have dined at Border Grill L.A. since the week they opened and have always been completely satisfied with the food and service. Is it difficult to find the proper help in Las Vegas? We had to ask several times for everything (ice, more water, chips, salsa etc. We gave up and stopped asking. It was a complete disappointment.
- 3 days, 2 lunches, 1 dinnerwotecDined on 7/23/2014Recommend lunch, not dinner. Was attending trade show, location convenient. Both lunches flavorful, promptly served although busy. Went for dinner my last night, I studied the menu on line, but was told the items I wanted to order were lunch menu only. Waiter suggested 2 entree specials (specials change weekly). I told him this was my 3rd meal there in 2 days. I ordered the beef. Steak sliced over rice mixed w/corn & red peppers-non descript. Steak VERY tough. When waiter returned after a few bites I told him the beef was impossible to chew. He said "sorry, i won't recommend it." He didn't ask if I wanted something different, said he would take 15% off. Disappointed. Skip dinner, do lunch. Deafening inside. Super hot outside.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/23/2014I come here every year for lunch when I go to a trade show in the hotel. I can't wait. It's one of my favorite restaurants in the hotel. The food is clean and service is great. Only thing I don't like is the chips are fried. That doesn't seem necessary. Baked is better.Special Features:
- Delightful!Eatz4usDined on 7/20/2014Staff was attentive and knowledgable about menu selections . Food was delicious. Perfect atmosphere for our anniversary celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love The Food!!!MortyDined on 7/20/2014Love the food at Border Grill! Their Sat. & Sun. brunch is so worth the price! Plus for $10 more, bottomless mimosa's! Can't go wrong! We left both full and satisfied! Plus their fruit filled empanada's are amazing! And our waitress even packed some up for us to take. I will definitely be returning again...and again!Special Features:
- So-soHuskerGirlDined on 7/19/2014I wasn't all that impressed. Food was so-so. The $9.50 guac appetizer wasn't worth the money.
- Great Brunch!amatuerfoodieDined on 7/19/2014Brunch was fantastic! All you can eat small plates. Maybe.....just maybe.....a tad pricey but excellent food and our server even accommodated us by adding a lunch item (they were serving lunch at the same time anyway) to our brunch. HIGHLY recommend! You will NOT go away hungry or dissatisfied!Special Features:
- excellentwillows08Dined on 7/14/2014this was our second time eating at The Border Grill and yet again it did not disappoint! food and service was amazing and we will definately be back!Special Features:
- Intriguing drinks!Goldengirl77Dined on 7/13/2014Went to get away from the crowds for lunch during a business mtg at the Mandalay. Great find. Good vibe. A bit loud. Loved the spinach drink. Rochelle, our waitress, was kind and patient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingVegasDennyDined on 7/12/2014Unfortunately we were in a rush because we had trouble getting to the hotel, and we had tickets for the Michael Jackson show so we had to rush. We would most assuredly go back because the food was exceptional (and I do not usually like Mexican style food) and the service was the best that we experienced in Vegas on this trip. We told the waitress that we were pressed for time and our food was delivered in record time. Over all it was a very excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent GF optionsGFMomDined on 7/12/2014Food was incredible...skirt steak tacos (gluten free!) were some of the best I have ever eaten. Quesadilla was fabulous and warm chips were a bonus! Very loud atmosphere...reservations are a MUST especially because it is in Convention Center area.Special Features: