Border Grill - Las Vegas
3950 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89119Neighborhood:
Mandalay Bay Resort
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Border Grill - Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bordergrill.com/
- Phone: 7026327403x
- Hours of Operation:
Everyday - Beginning at 11:00 a.m.
Saturday and Sunday - 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
(in addition to the full Lunch menu)
Everyday - Beginning at 4 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Mike Minor
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: BORDER GRILL CATERING: Looking for off-site catering? Whether it’s a wedding, birthday, or holiday cocktails, we’ll bring the party to your chosen location. Call today for an unforgettable party! 702.632.7540
- Special Events: Become a Border Grill VIP and get all the info about special events like our popular Tequila Tasting Dinners! Ask a manager how to join our exclusive Border Grill VIP Club.
A word from Border Grill - Las Vegas
Welcome to the vibrant, modern Mexican restaurant overlooking the Lazy River just off Mandalay Beach, where Chefs Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger, Food Network’s “Too Hot Tamales”, want nothing more than to spice up your day. With two floors of patio dining, this hip, urban cantina is the perfect setting for sipping margaritas and savoring the bold flavors of Mexico while enjoying views of the beach and pool.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
Border Grill - Las Vegas - Best Restaurants in Mandalay Bay Resort ›
Border Grill - Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
198 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (94)great for outdoor dining (82)great for lunch (80)great for brunch (68)good for groups (68)special occasion (32)scenic view (21)hot spot (21)vibrant bar scene (18)kid-friendly (17)neighborhood gem (13)romantic (12)late-night find (11)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Another Amazing Dinner!Rsc81400Dined on 9/16/2014One of our favorite places! We both had the three course menu was is a great value and gives you lots of options to choose from. I had the espresso rubbed pork tenderloin and it was the best pork dish I have ever tasted. Husband had the skirt steak and we both believe no one elevates skirt steak the way Border Grill. Great, attentive service and had a great chat with the Ryan, the GM. Cannot wait to return.Special Features:
- Best ServiceDisappointedVIPDined on 9/14/2014I've been to Border Grill many times. Food is always good, but the service can be spotty. We had a waitress that was so professional and appropriately friendly that it transformed the meal from very good to excellent. Unfortunatley, this kind of service and treatment is rare these days so it is especially appreciated when it is received.Special Features:
- Delish!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We went to Vegas for an overnighter with some good friends who wanted to try a "celebrity chef restaurant" Fenninger and Milliken are some of my favorite chefs from cooking shows so I was very excited to try this hidden gem. We were seated promptly and had a very attentive waiter who quickly brought us chips and a trio of salsas. The salsas were very fresh and had the perfect amount of spice! We ordered the queso fundido to start, which was served with fresh tortillas. It was fantastic. Out of the four of us, I must say that my dish of chicken mushroom poblano enchiliadas was by far the best. It was awesome and we will definitely keep this place on our radarSpecial Features:
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/13/2014Excellent brunch options. Served tapas style, the red velvet johnny cakes, peanut butter, jelly, and jalapeno sandwich and skirt steak with breakfast potatoes where all amazing. The bottomless mimosas are a great add on for $10 (loved the hibiscus!). Server was very helpful in guiding us through the numerous selections. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great eveningMarshDined on 9/12/2014I was in charge of finding a good dining spot for our group of 6, visiting from California for a family occasion the next day and staying at the Four Seasons (on the Mandalay Bay property). Having been to Border Grill previously, I decided that would be an easy and relaxed destination for our first evening together, and my choice was proven right. We had a lovely evening out on the balmy patio, enjoying our delicious meal (try the chile relleno and Caesar salad-- we were raving about those), relaxed, unhurried, just perfect. Our food server, Paul, gave us just the right amount of service-- not too much, not too little. We all left very full and very pleased. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014The food was wonderful and lived up to all the hype. Servers were confused as to who was supposed to be serving us, so it was a little slow at first, but eventually got straightened out and service was excellent after that. We would highly recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceAHS60Dined on 9/8/2014Super friendly outgoing waitress and delicious food made a fun eveningSpecial Features:
- Go here!palsal38VIPDined on 9/7/2014Incredible food and service - try the small plates - the server had many savory recommendations! Not what you'd call typical Mexican food but better because of the nuances of flavors. We had nine tasty selections, certainly enough for a full meal but the variety was what made our dinner special. The chefs are well known for their dedication to sustainable food and hunger programs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good but not same experiencedairymaid303Dined on 9/6/2014Our 2nd time at BG for Brunch. The food was good, not great this time. The steak & eggs, breakfast fries, guava empanada, and french toast were the best things we had this time, YUM! The Eggs Benedict was heavy, the egg was mostly raw & something in it had too much of a cinnamon-like taste. Tell your server if you intend to share plates (we didn't & started off with duplicates of dishes). Our server for some reason REALLY wanted to order for us, even after we'd politely & specifically told him we wanted to order things ourselves. He took an initial order from us of a few things but didn't return to get more, so once those came out, more food just kept coming - some we would've ordered, others we wouldn't & disliked. We also felt rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Locals vs TouristsLocals2Dined on 9/5/2014Being a local, and placing our VIP card on the table when we sat down, didn't seem to matter to the server. He mumbled his presentation of specials, his eyes kept moving to other workers and customers as they came in. It was hard to get his attention when needed. However, when an in-house group of businessmen of 6 came in, loud and demanding, the host, server and everybody else couldn't seem to offer enough attention. In short, we were treated like everybody treats tourists in Las Vegas, "really, who cares there's plenty of out of towners to fill the seats". We tipped 20% on the TOTAL, including the free margaritas, we had to ask for credit for the second one, and left thinking it would be a while before coming back.Special Features:
- Service average; food deliciousCrisDined on 8/29/2014We showed up 30 minutes early and were seated without a wait outside on the patio. From this point, it took 20 minutes for the waitress to come over and take our drink order. During this time 3 seperate buss boys came over and yet none put two and two together. However I will say, after our waitress did come over she was great the rest of the night. The food was fantastic and had no complaints in that department.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MoogaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Border Grill is ally great. The service is exceptional and the food is gourmet. Love the discount to locals.Special Features:
- Very disappointingMandSdiningDined on 8/25/2014Service was ok. The waitress was very upbeat. Food however left much to be desired. We felt the food was very mediocre and like your neighborhood Mexican dive. Very over priced for the quality. Don't go, it's a waste of money.
- Best Brunch....2forvegasDined on 8/24/2014Love the weekend brunch! It is a must on our trips to Vegas. The food and service has always been outstanding. If anyone likes southwest and can't make brunch........ lunch and dinner are also worth a visit. Don't laugh, but a must try is Bacon Jalapeno PBJ and The churro Tots as a sweet ending....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!DennisLasVegasDined on 8/23/2014We come here about once a month, and the entire experience is very consistent, visit to visit. Food is always very fresh and flavorful, and rivals any other place on The Strip or anywhere else in LV Valley. Service is fast and reliable. The people give off a vibe they are happy to see you--we always feel welcomed. Cant recommend highly enough...this is our favorite Mexican restaurant.Special Features:
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014First we were sat outside. Not asked if we wanted to. In 100+ degree weather. The staff kept bringing us water with no ice. The lights went out so we could not see what we were eating. The food was horrible. Not one person in my party actually finished their meal. Service rarely returned to check on us. I will not eat there againSpecial Features:
- Delicious Mexican food!DrJN68VIPDined on 8/18/2014Service was great for a busy restaurant. The food was outstanding! The Yucatan pork and the shrimp/scallops are highly recommended... And the dulce de leche churro balls were dessert heaven!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Murphy100904VIPDined on 8/18/2014We dined here for my birthday on Monday, August 18th. This place is wonderful. The food was incredible and the service outstanding. We ordered guacamole for starters, then had the pork and beef tacos. I can't say enough good things about this place. They also have specialty lemonades which were delicious. I would certainly return to this restaurant when IK am back in Vegas.Special Features:
- Yum!mattSEADined on 8/17/2014Great place to spend a relaxed and fun afternoon brunch with friends. I love the tapas style of little plates which allows for tasting lots of different things and being able to share bites...or not! The bottomless mimosas are a must...you're in Vegas after all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious & creative flavorsFoodieDined on 8/16/2014The chefs who own Border Grill put together a wonderful menu so that every dish offers a taste to treasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014The Food here was Great! The servers were Outstanding! The only thing I was confused about...when I tried to make our reservation for 5 pm for our group of 7.. Open Table said that was not available... we had to go at 4pm.... As we sat there 5pm through 5:45 the restaurant was 1/2 empty. so...whats up with that??Special Features:
- Good food, so-so serviceVegasFineDinerDined on 8/13/2014My daughter had been several times and highly recommended it. She admitted it wasn't nearly as good as she remembered. Food was very good, but not spectacular. Our waiter seemed rather inexperienced. Our appetizer was impossible to eat (and share) without small plates (which had not been provided), yet it took quite a long time to get anyone's attention to ask for them. The water and beer were barely "cold". I used comp points, which are supposed to be taken on the price before tax (so you save the tax), but he applied it after tax...so I took it out of his tip.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of their leaguemangiatimeDined on 8/10/2014My husband and I have been to Las Vegas many times and we have eaten at numerous restaurants inside the various hotels. All the restaurants we have eaten in have received four to five star ratings and they truly deserved it. The Border Grill at the Mandalay was terrible on all levels! Food quality, service, and atmosphere. They are clearly out of their league in Las Vegas. In addition to this, they have no restrooms in the restaurant. You have walk out of the restaurant walk down two flights of stairs then walk a it to get to a restroom. Horrible,
- Good, not greatFoodiepeepsDined on 8/10/2014We were greeted in a friendly manner by the server Amanda and started with complimentary chips and salsa, which were house made and very good. For beverages we ordered the basic margarita and pomegranate limeade.For food, we began with the border classics, which I really enjoyed. The corn tamales were a little deconstructed after unwrapped as if there was much more corn and very little masa, probably just a chef choice. For entrees we ordered yucatan pork plate and Amer. Wagyu tacos. Both were flavorful and well made. The house made thick tortillas were a nice touch. We finished with the Rufina Patel? desert-it was like a giant eclair. It was ok-topped with imitation choc. sauce and way too cloying.Special Features:
- great weekend brunchSBLVDined on 8/10/2014We have visited for brunch on multiple occasions. This brunch is special. It is all you can eat, but served from a small plates menu rather than a buffet. The dishes are light, delicious and beautifully prepared. The restaurant is comfortable and there is a fun outdoor seating area. We always leave happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ccastro06Dined on 8/9/2014Food was amazing the whole experience was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thurman's loved it before MJ show!Thurman8rDined on 8/9/2014Unique South West style food. Fresh salsa and chips.kids loved the tacos. I ate chef special, a pork tenderloin that was very good. My wife loved her Carne Asada. I don't recommend eating outside. The large fan is t enough to keep the shaded area (overlooking the pool) cool enough. Sweating while eating isn't ideal. The hostess may have been not very experienced, thus didn't offer any alternative seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodhardtopleaseDined on 8/9/2014We have had brunch here many times. The food and variety is outstanding. You will love this Mexican food. Not your typical Mexican restaurant.Special Features:
- Best Brunch in Vegasmmk230Dined on 8/2/2014You will not be disappointed with this brunch. Where the mimosa's flow like water and tapas menu is unique and delicious. Smoked salmon sliders with Jalapeño bacon, red velvet pancakes, the Bacon Jalapeño PBJ, Capirotada French Toast, Chicken and Waffle.... just to name a few. Settle in, and enjoy.Special Features:
- One of our favorite brunch spots!Rsc81400Dined on 8/2/2014Another great experience. Food was awesome - had the weekend brunch. It has so many small plate options. The flavors are spectacular. Can't remember our servers name but he was attentive and made us laugh. The all you can drink mimosas for $10 are hard to beat. Great flavors with cucumber basil being my favorite.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2014Better than remember, hot chips, a great twist on southwestern foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Border grillDiningDivaDined on 7/30/2014My family and I went. We loved this place because our drinks were never empty. Everyone was very welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, decent pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/30/2014Restaurants in Mandalay Bay can be pricey - this was decent, and the food was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodies sharepastor4foodDined on 7/29/2014Boarder Grill was recommended to us as we sat sharing food experiences with another foodie while dining the night before. The food was innovate and very fresh. It utilized wholesome ingredients in creative ways to blend the traditional flavors of Mexico with an upbeat modern taste. The best thing we had was the blood orange margarita. Really innovate and so tasty! A Winner on a hot Vegas afternoon.Special Features:
- Must love onionsAthensOHfoodieDined on 7/28/2014The food was delicious, however I am not big on onions (particularly raw onions) and most of the dishes have onion as a significant part of the flavor profile. That aside, the food was all beautiful and delicious, definitely worth visiting. I took advantage of the unlimited small plates option and this allowed me to try 8 different dishes, foodie paradise!Special Features:
- Margarita Not So SpecialVegasVisitorDined on 7/28/2014With the variety offered, was disappointed with quality of drinks. Ordered the Pineapple Vanilla - could taste neither flavor or tequila, only sugary mix. With that said, the entrée, shrimp and scallops was perfection. Birthday dessert was yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken specialCasadeaDined on 7/28/2014I had the chicken special and it was marvelous. The spices were just right!Special Features:
- Awesome BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/27/2014We were there for the Sunday Brunch. I thought my stomach was going to explode when I was done eating. The menu is a bunch of "small plates" and they keep on bringing whatever you ask for. The hardest part was choosing what to eat next. I wish we could've stayed for a few more hours, let my stomach digest this foodie goodness, and then start a second round!Special Features:
- Quality good, sides & garnish notOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Loved the quality of the food, and drinks. I had the brisket taquitos and they were covered in a creme, guacamole and slaw, which made them soggy. The ends were spared so we did enjoy the crunch there and the brisket was AWESOME, but it was disappointing that all of that wasn't just on the side. Similar issues on the tacos. Finally the guacamole was fresh and bright, but it was frustrating that in the menu description it did not state onions were in the guacamole when there was a very intense opinion taste and a plethora in the guacamole, frankly hard to avoid. It wasn't a deterrent for most at the table, but it was for me.Special Features:
- Mediocre lukewarm food and serviceHappy2dineVIPDined on 7/24/2014I have dined at Border Grill L.A. since the week they opened and have always been completely satisfied with the food and service. Is it difficult to find the proper help in Las Vegas? We had to ask several times for everything (ice, more water, chips, salsa etc. We gave up and stopped asking. It was a complete disappointment.