Border Grill - Las Vegas
3950 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89119Neighborhood:
Mandalay Bay Resort
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Border Grill - Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bordergrill.com/
- Phone: (702) 632-7403
- Hours of Operation:
Everyday - Beginning at 11:00 a.m.
Saturday and Sunday - 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
(in addition to the full Lunch menu)
Everyday - Beginning at 4 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Chris Keating
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: BORDER GRILL CATERING: Looking for off-site catering? Whether it’s a wedding, birthday, or holiday cocktails, we’ll bring the party to your chosen location. Call today for an unforgettable party! 702.632.7540
- Special Events: Become a Border Grill VIP and get all the info about special events like our popular Tequila Tasting Dinners! Ask a manager how to join our exclusive Border Grill VIP Club.
A word from Border Grill - Las Vegas
Welcome to the vibrant, modern Mexican restaurant overlooking the Lazy River just off Mandalay Beach, where Chefs Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger, Food Network’s “Too Hot Tamales”, want nothing more than to spice up your day. With two floors of patio dining, this hip, urban cantina is the perfect setting for sipping margaritas and savoring the bold flavors of Mexico while enjoying views of the beach and pool.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
Border Grill - Las Vegas - Best Restaurants in Mandalay Bay Resort ›
Border Grill - Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
189 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (102)great for outdoor dining (84)good for groups (67)great for brunch (58)great for lunch (57)hot spot (28)special occasion (24)scenic view (23)kid-friendly (14)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (11)neighborhood gem (11)romantic (9)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Awesome every time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014The Border Grill has never let us down. We had our wedding reception on their outdoor pario 8 years ago and every trip to Vegas since we have gone back to have dinner. Always amazing service and phenomenal food. 10/10 for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointedrns01Dined on 11/14/2014Starting with the specialty drinks: if you like very strong cheap tequila with very little mix, you will love these. I couldn't finish mine and the other was sent back for additional mixer. Still not good. The appetizer was supposed to be queso but was a gooey blob of cheese with a tasty garnish on top. Dinner was the steak quesadillas served with one tablespoon of salsa, one tablespoon of quacamole and a smokey cream sauce. The quesadillas, were tasty but nothing to rave about. Our server was excellent. Very cheerful and accommodating. We will not be returning to Borders. There too many other great places to dine at Mandalay Bay.
- not the same old Mexican foodTjGonzoDined on 11/13/2014Everything here exceeded my expectations. So different from the everyday Mexican restaurant scene. Yucatan pork is amazing. Chef's choice appetizers were awesome. Only thing I can say negative is waiter asked if I wanted it spicy, I told him yes but it was mild.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BAD SERVICE - SLOW!!!!!FoodieDined on 11/10/2014Booked Lunch for 5 people. Service was terribly slow by table staff and front office servers. We had to wait for our table that we RESERVED FOR A CERTAIN TIME! Took forever to get our food, so much so that one in our party had to leave as they had a speaking engagement. This place is at the convention center, they are busy all the time, this was lunch time, what do they expect, it will be slow??? Their excuse was the kitchen was busy and was backed up. DUH! The kitchen is supposed to be busy at lunch time, at a convention center that is always busy. Don't eat here - walk a few steps further down and go to FLEUR! Great service and fast.
- Loved it!CostanzoDined on 11/9/2014The food was amazing, especially the tecaté carnitas. Great drinks and outside atmosphere overlooking the Manadlay Bay pool complex (more like water park).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedDisappointedChicagoansDined on 11/9/2014We had heard good things, and booked our reservations in advance. The Bloody Marys came without fixings, or much flavor to speak of. Our server pressured us to get more than we wanted, more than once. And finally, the food was heavy, which would be okay with a hangover, but lacked any real flavor. We had to ask for a hotter sauce just to make it palatable. Definitely not somewhere I'd return, if give the opportunity.Special Features:
- All Around Solid Performancebandit124Dined on 11/8/2014Last minute reservation treated very well...received great outdoor table at the front edge of the balcony for an outstanding view of the pool area. The server was very knowledgeable and proactive in providing recommendations. Cocktails were generously sized and well done. Skirt steak was excellent. Shrimp and scallops were disappointing - more Oriental than Mexican. Mexican chocolate dessert was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30th birthday partyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/7/2014We celebrated my son's 30th birthday here and it was perfectSpecial Features:
- Great food and service!LAB613Dined on 11/4/2014The food and service were very good and our waiter was the best! He made great recommendations so we could make a selection for dinner. We were very pleased from drinks, to chips and salsa and to our meal. Excellent choice. It was a Tuesday night and very busy. So glad we had a reservation with Open Table as there was a 1 hour and 45 minute wait for a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch lovers buffet alternativejenivirgoVIPDined on 11/2/2014Rather than a buffet set-up, they do an unlimited brunch of small plates that are made to order. This is a really great idea, but the execution was lacking as it left several people waiting for food while others were eating. It may have been that the service was just subpar since many of the ordered items never came and some plates arrived that we didn't order. Perhaps it was a combination of both. There were definite highlights on the menu - the chilaquiles, red velvet johnny cakes, and almost all the mimosas were outstanding, but many of what the waiter referred to as "stand-outs" were anything but. The chicken & waffles had an orange marmalade-type glaze. Not good.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceDennisLasVegasDined on 11/2/2014We enjoy coming to BG and visit at least once a month. Every visit is consistent--food and service are always top notch. The hostess and wait staff are all friendly and accommodating. Food is always fresh and delicious, and very consistent from visit to visit. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great BrunchMBFoodieVIPDined on 11/2/2014This is our standby for brunch in Las Vegas, and it never disappoints. South of the Border inspired breakfast dishes all deliver a little kick to wake up from the Saturday night hangover. The brunch is all you can eat, but all of the entrees are cooked to order and the care shows through. Just 4 of us grazed through the menu and didn't find one complaint. Benedict, Steak and Eggs, Quevos Rancheros, Chorizo Tacos, Chicken and Waffles, Shrimp and Grits and a couple of sweet dishes to finish off the meal. We were beyond stuffed, but were ready to tackle another night in Vegas. A must stop for a unique Las Vegas brunch experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time in VegasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/2/2014outstanding Service. best in Vegas , Food was great.Special Features:
- Great authentic Mexican foodtolwyn21VIPDined on 10/29/2014We had the baja ceviche as a starter; a must try! Very fresh, zesty, and very addictive -- pretty sure we could have eaten two servings easily! My wife had the steak quesadilla while I had the spicy shrimp tacos. Everything was very tasty and made perfectly. I'd return here for a 3rd time easy. Make sure you do reservations and ask for an outdoor/patio seat. Can't beat the weather, shade, and great food.Special Features:
- Great food & better serviceKnookVIPDined on 10/28/2014Our experience was great - both food & service. My boyfriend wanted the special but it was rubbed with cinnamon which he doesn't like. They brought him a sample to see if it would work for him or not. Very cool....Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014I ate lunch at this restaurant 3 days in a row during a conference at the hotel. The food took almost an hour to come on 2 out of 3 of those days. It was cold every time. The wait staff lost our ticket and was overly busy so that food was never delivered hot and tasted like it had been sitting on the counter drying out for 20-30 mins. The chicken poblano enchiladas were very good (although cold). The other dishes were not appealing at all, including the special cuban sandwich I ordered which was really bad. I would only go to this restaurant because it is one of the only 2 reasonably priced restaurants in the Mandalay Bay hotel.
- Great food, but our waitress was...brunchladyDined on 10/26/2014BG does bottomless brunch well--great selection of well-cooked/interesting small plates and 9 mimosa flavors to choose from. The food came out quickly. The only thing that was annoying was our waitress. I realize that serving a group of 8 can be a chore, but she immediately copped a 'tude with us, despite our attempts to accommodate her requests. She made it seem like a big deal that we asked for clean plates and more menus (we had only 4 on the table), and was clearly annoyed that we lingered after brunch to chat. She also lost my boyfriend's receipt and then blamed/made fun of him. Luckily, the guy who was assisting her was more than gracious and made up for her being somewhat rude. Overall, we had a great time.Special Features:
- Good food for a late night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014A little disappointing for the price of the food. They used to be high in quality but we thought the food quality really had dropped off.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our meal, too many warm tortilla chips to start!Special Features:
- Out door pationicemeal222Dined on 10/24/2014Were able to sit on the patio and it was very niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceWinocooksDined on 10/22/2014We had an excellent meal at Border Grill - Las Vegas. I ordered the Braised Oxtail Quesadillas with Shaved Black Truffle - a special app of the evening. It was fantastic although the portion was large enough for a meal or to share as an app. My husband went with the small plate tasting menu which is a tremendous bargain at $45.00 per person. He got to taste as many of the dishes as he wanted to on the entire menu. This is a great way to get to know to the Border Grill menu. I highly recommend the ceviches for a beautiful, light appetizer.Special Features:
- wonderful food-service not so goodMBAconfDined on 10/21/2014As we anticipated our food, ordering one "special of the day" (Mahi), soup and salad and the brisket enchiladas, we saw that tables around us were being seated, served and leaving before we even realized our meals have not been served. Once we alerted our server, a host came visited our table, apologized & promised to 'expedite' our meals. The food was wonderful, especially the brisket enchiladas. We were seated at 12:05, ordered at 12:20 and were served at 1:10. I was with customers so I didn't ask our waiter or host to adjust the bill, but the restaurant did not offer anything to us either.Special Features:
- Glad we went!ASKADined on 10/20/2014Everything was delicious, the service was amazing, and we loved sitting outside!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2014We went to the Border Grill for my daughter's 21st Birthday. The server did an awesome job making her evening fun and memorable evening for all of us. Food and drinks were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SVPrexnfxDined on 10/20/2014In town for a conference. Likely one of 100's that this resort hosts each year. Noon business lunch, reservation made for noon. 30 min line to get seated, then had to wait at the downstairs hostess stand again. Sat outside where the adjacent pool had a band playing very loud music w/ too much base. Bottom line- Don't go here for a business lunch or if you expect to talk with your guests. Pretty unbelievable that the restaurant closest to the convention center would have a band playing outside on a Monday. To me this resort doesn't have a clue how to meet quest needs. On top of that, the food was ok, nothing special, service like the rest of the resort, no better than what you would get at an Applebee's.
- Brunch!Carrie407Dined on 10/19/2014Absolutely loved the $34.99 small plates brunch. Best to share cuz it's toooo much! Steak and eggs and churro tots were the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite brunch in Las VegasYUMMYDined on 10/19/2014I moved to the vegas area about 2 years ago and luckily found brunch @ Border Grill. It is my favorite brunch hands down!!! The variety of the food is amazing and the concept of small plates vs. the typical giant Vegas buffets is wonderful. I had a group of friends visiting from Ohio and wanted to take them some place different and fabulous. Border Grill filled the bill perfectly. They were all thrilled with our brunch - served family style so we all had a chance to try everything! Thank you Border Grill - it is not often I get to wow my friends and family.Special Features:
- Must TryOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/19/2014Border Grill is one of our very favorite restaurants for brunch in Las Vegas. Get away from the usual Vegas buffet and enjoy all you can eat just by ordering from your table. The food is fresh and made as you order it. The food combinations mesh well together. You will not leave unsatisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Mexican food but hard to find4eva21VIPDined on 10/18/2014The restaurant was really difficult to find. The signs were not very clear; we had to ask several casino employees to get there. Once we were there, the waitress made up for the trouble we had getting there by bringing our margaritas pronto and they were potent! Food was good, nothing exceptional.Special Features:
- Excellent food - amazing service!FoodieFamDined on 10/18/2014Love the shrimp and scallops- patio is beautiful. Our server remembered us from two years ago and made some great recommendation! He even remembered our previous order.. Wow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food 80% of the time.DrewbieVIPDined on 10/17/2014We go here often but about 1 of 5 times the food is just average. If you go just do the brunch it's so much bEtter than dinner a lot more bang for your buck. Also, you won't be stuck with something you don't like, it's all you can eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch is a must!SharlynVIPDined on 10/11/2014We always love Border Grill. It's a must visit every time we're in Vegas. This trip we noticed that they were offering brunch. Perfect when you're still on East Coast time. Loved the chicken and waffles! Hubby said the Breakfast Fries were his fave. My only complaint - the menu should state when you're going to put a fried egg on a dish. We ordered the PB&J - came with an egg. Hubby said it was awesome...I don't eat eggs. But other than that...great as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Hard to parkEmmydrewDined on 10/10/2014The food was great but it was really tough finding where to park at the hotel and to find the restaurant in the hotel. I would go back for the food but hesitate with the location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulSharlynVIPDined on 10/9/2014Border Grill is always on our "must" list when visiting Vegas. Good food and drink. Server was a bit chatty this visit but very attentive.Special Features:
- last minute reservation accomodatedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/8/2014took my party of 6 at the last minute - location of our table wasn't the greatest but we were certainly fine with it given the lateness of our reservation. Very hospitable - and the food is really quite good - consistent for all of our table....Special Features:
- Just OKSparkyRoDined on 10/8/2014Very loud. Food was adequate but not very good. Service with an attitude (and not a 'can-do' attitude.)
- Border Grille on the border of goodQuestoflongitudeDined on 10/7/2014The ambience is absolutely killer, with modern art on the walls and the chance to eat outside overlooking Mandalay's beach area. The bar was hopping with conference attendees when we were there. Free chips and a variety of salsas were awesome, but neither of us were very impressed with our food. Don't get me wrong, it was good and standard Mexican fare, but from all the hype around their "TV chefs" I was hoping for more robust flavors. For instance, I had the Yucatan pork with plantains that overwhelmed an otherwise tasty dish. I cut the sweetness with some of the house salsa verde and a few of the lemons from my iced tea, but otherwise it would have been just a bit bland. On a fun note, the waiters pour water from tequila bottles.Special Features:
- FantasticMartaVIPDined on 10/5/2014The small plates and mimosas were fantastic. I will be returning for their brunchSpecial Features:
- Average at bestCrowned82Dined on 10/4/2014Border Grill isn't anything mind-blowing & I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there but it's a solid option if grabbing a bite while at Mandalay Bay. In my case, I like to make reservations there before events. The service is lukewarm but not bad. The chips, salsas & guacamole are yummy... as are the chicken enchiladas & quesadillas. But both flavors of rice & the black beans are quite bland. The restaurant itself is kinda cool, with several different dining areas with different personalities.
- Not good at allOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/4/2014worst mexican food I've had in a long time. Only 1 dish out of 13 that we ordered (5 people) was good. Very disappointing. Fish tacos were terrible; fish was fishy and almost tasted bad.