Border Grill - Las Vegas
3950 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89119Neighborhood:
Mandalay Bay Resort
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Border Grill - Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bordergrill.com/
- Phone: (702) 632-7403
- Hours of Operation:
Everyday - Beginning at 11:00 a.m.
Saturday and Sunday - 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
(in addition to the full Lunch menu)
Everyday - Beginning at 4 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Chris Keating
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: BORDER GRILL CATERING: Looking for off-site catering? Whether it’s a wedding, birthday, or holiday cocktails, we’ll bring the party to your chosen location. Call today for an unforgettable party! 702.632.7540
- Special Events: Become a Border Grill VIP and get all the info about special events like our popular Tequila Tasting Dinners! Ask a manager how to join our exclusive Border Grill VIP Club.
A word from Border Grill - Las Vegas
Welcome to the vibrant, modern Mexican restaurant overlooking the Lazy River just off Mandalay Beach, where Chefs Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger, Food Network’s “Too Hot Tamales”, want nothing more than to spice up your day. With two floors of patio dining, this hip, urban cantina is the perfect setting for sipping margaritas and savoring the bold flavors of Mexico while enjoying views of the beach and pool.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
Border Grill - Las Vegas - Best Restaurants in Mandalay Bay Resort ›
Border Grill - Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
181 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (100)great for outdoor dining (85)good for groups (68)great for brunch (58)great for lunch (57)hot spot (26)scenic view (25)special occasion (22)kid-friendly (16)neighborhood gem (11)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (10)romantic (9)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Best Brunch in Vegasmmk230Dined on 8/2/2014You will not be disappointed with this brunch. Where the mimosa's flow like water and tapas menu is unique and delicious. Smoked salmon sliders with Jalapeño bacon, red velvet pancakes, the Bacon Jalapeño PBJ, Capirotada French Toast, Chicken and Waffle.... just to name a few. Settle in, and enjoy.Special Features:
- One of our favorite brunch spots!Rsc81400Dined on 8/2/2014Another great experience. Food was awesome - had the weekend brunch. It has so many small plate options. The flavors are spectacular. Can't remember our servers name but he was attentive and made us laugh. The all you can drink mimosas for $10 are hard to beat. Great flavors with cucumber basil being my favorite.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2014Better than remember, hot chips, a great twist on southwestern foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Border grillDiningDivaDined on 7/30/2014My family and I went. We loved this place because our drinks were never empty. Everyone was very welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, decent pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/30/2014Restaurants in Mandalay Bay can be pricey - this was decent, and the food was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1134 reviews are from the Border Grill - Las Vegas reviews archive.
- Foodies sharepastor4foodDined on 7/29/2014Boarder Grill was recommended to us as we sat sharing food experiences with another foodie while dining the night before. The food was innovate and very fresh. It utilized wholesome ingredients in creative ways to blend the traditional flavors of Mexico with an upbeat modern taste. The best thing we had was the blood orange margarita. Really innovate and so tasty! A Winner on a hot Vegas afternoon.Special Features:
- Must love onionsAthensOHfoodieDined on 7/28/2014The food was delicious, however I am not big on onions (particularly raw onions) and most of the dishes have onion as a significant part of the flavor profile. That aside, the food was all beautiful and delicious, definitely worth visiting. I took advantage of the unlimited small plates option and this allowed me to try 8 different dishes, foodie paradise!Special Features:
- Margarita Not So SpecialVegasVisitorDined on 7/28/2014With the variety offered, was disappointed with quality of drinks. Ordered the Pineapple Vanilla - could taste neither flavor or tequila, only sugary mix. With that said, the entrée, shrimp and scallops was perfection. Birthday dessert was yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken specialCasadeaDined on 7/28/2014I had the chicken special and it was marvelous. The spices were just right!Special Features:
- Awesome BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/27/2014We were there for the Sunday Brunch. I thought my stomach was going to explode when I was done eating. The menu is a bunch of "small plates" and they keep on bringing whatever you ask for. The hardest part was choosing what to eat next. I wish we could've stayed for a few more hours, let my stomach digest this foodie goodness, and then start a second round!Special Features:
- Quality good, sides & garnish notOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Loved the quality of the food, and drinks. I had the brisket taquitos and they were covered in a creme, guacamole and slaw, which made them soggy. The ends were spared so we did enjoy the crunch there and the brisket was AWESOME, but it was disappointing that all of that wasn't just on the side. Similar issues on the tacos. Finally the guacamole was fresh and bright, but it was frustrating that in the menu description it did not state onions were in the guacamole when there was a very intense opinion taste and a plethora in the guacamole, frankly hard to avoid. It wasn't a deterrent for most at the table, but it was for me.Special Features:
- Mediocre lukewarm food and serviceHappy2dineVIPDined on 7/24/2014I have dined at Border Grill L.A. since the week they opened and have always been completely satisfied with the food and service. Is it difficult to find the proper help in Las Vegas? We had to ask several times for everything (ice, more water, chips, salsa etc. We gave up and stopped asking. It was a complete disappointment.
- 3 days, 2 lunches, 1 dinnerwotecDined on 7/23/2014Recommend lunch, not dinner. Was attending trade show, location convenient. Both lunches flavorful, promptly served although busy. Went for dinner my last night, I studied the menu on line, but was told the items I wanted to order were lunch menu only. Waiter suggested 2 entree specials (specials change weekly). I told him this was my 3rd meal there in 2 days. I ordered the beef. Steak sliced over rice mixed w/corn & red peppers-non descript. Steak VERY tough. When waiter returned after a few bites I told him the beef was impossible to chew. He said "sorry, i won't recommend it." He didn't ask if I wanted something different, said he would take 15% off. Disappointed. Skip dinner, do lunch. Deafening inside. Super hot outside.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/23/2014I come here every year for lunch when I go to a trade show in the hotel. I can't wait. It's one of my favorite restaurants in the hotel. The food is clean and service is great. Only thing I don't like is the chips are fried. That doesn't seem necessary. Baked is better.Special Features:
- Delightful!Eatz4usDined on 7/20/2014Staff was attentive and knowledgable about menu selections . Food was delicious. Perfect atmosphere for our anniversary celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love The Food!!!MortyDined on 7/20/2014Love the food at Border Grill! Their Sat. & Sun. brunch is so worth the price! Plus for $10 more, bottomless mimosa's! Can't go wrong! We left both full and satisfied! Plus their fruit filled empanada's are amazing! And our waitress even packed some up for us to take. I will definitely be returning again...and again!Special Features:
- So-soHuskerGirlDined on 7/19/2014I wasn't all that impressed. Food was so-so. The $9.50 guac appetizer wasn't worth the money.
- Great Brunch!amatuerfoodieDined on 7/19/2014Brunch was fantastic! All you can eat small plates. Maybe.....just maybe.....a tad pricey but excellent food and our server even accommodated us by adding a lunch item (they were serving lunch at the same time anyway) to our brunch. HIGHLY recommend! You will NOT go away hungry or dissatisfied!Special Features:
- excellentwillows08Dined on 7/14/2014this was our second time eating at The Border Grill and yet again it did not disappoint! food and service was amazing and we will definately be back!Special Features:
- Intriguing drinks!Goldengirl77Dined on 7/13/2014Went to get away from the crowds for lunch during a business mtg at the Mandalay. Great find. Good vibe. A bit loud. Loved the spinach drink. Rochelle, our waitress, was kind and patient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingVegasDennyDined on 7/12/2014Unfortunately we were in a rush because we had trouble getting to the hotel, and we had tickets for the Michael Jackson show so we had to rush. We would most assuredly go back because the food was exceptional (and I do not usually like Mexican style food) and the service was the best that we experienced in Vegas on this trip. We told the waitress that we were pressed for time and our food was delivered in record time. Over all it was a very excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent GF optionsGFMomDined on 7/12/2014Food was incredible...skirt steak tacos (gluten free!) were some of the best I have ever eaten. Quesadilla was fabulous and warm chips were a bonus! Very loud atmosphere...reservations are a MUST especially because it is in Convention Center area.Special Features:
- Fun Brunch - great cocktailsTravelGirlVIPDined on 7/6/2014We visited for brunch and were lucky enough to sit on the beautiful patio overlooking the giant pool/beach area. Delightful! The brunch is all you can eat from a variety of items - we added bottomless mimosas which were delicious - flavors included watermelon, hibiscus, lemon, orange and mango - excellent! Our server was very nice and also attentive - she was fast and efficient on refilling drinks and bringing more brunch items. The food was tasty but all food came out lukewarm to cold. We complained and they were attentive but food was basically still very cool until almost the end of our meal. Recommendations for brunch are: Smoked Salmon Sliders, Johnny Cakes, Machaca Chiliquiles and the Churro Tots - - - we will try it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/3/2014Excellent food and service. Would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJDirDined on 7/2/2014This is one of the best mexician restaurants in the southwest. We are from arizona and are quite picky about mexican food as well as a quality experience. This you will find at the Border GrillSpecial Features:
- starfishVIPDined on 7/2/2014Wonderful, creative food. We enjoy eating here when we are in Vegas. It's unfortunate that it's at the far end of the Strip. but it's worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun, tasty, great drink selection!ksgshmoopsVIPDined on 7/1/2014Great outdoor seating overlooking the lazy river. Delicious guacamole, steak salad was perfect on a hot day. So many interesting drink concoctions with and without alcohol! Will definitely be back, especially for dinner since that is the only time they apparently have mole sauce!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the worst overall meals!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/29/2014This was our second time to dine at this restaurant. The first time was amazing so we were so excited to return for brunch. When we arrived we were seated in a room down stairs that was out of the way, not the main dining room on the first floor. After we were sat it took about 15 minutes for our server to arrive. We promptly ordered our first round of drinks and food. Almost 1 hour passed and our server came back by to ask us how the food was thus far, problem was we had not gotten any of it yet just a couple of slices of bread. A few minutes later the food came out and it was all ice cold! At this point we had been there an hour and all we had was 2 pieces of breakfast bread and some cold food. I do not recommend this brunch.
- Outstanding brunchJennygrlDined on 6/29/2014The brunch was excellent we tried 90 percent of the items on the brunch list. The small plates Were beautifully sized and the food was amazing. There was literally nothing from the menu we didn't love. I am a foodie and can honestly say this was one of the most delicious meals we had in Las Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch SpotBorderBrunchDined on 6/29/2014My friend and I hit up Border Grill Las Vegas before we got on our flights home to LA. I had looked up several brunch spots on the strip and this one won us over due to its low price and all you can eat small plates. We ended up having a great waitress and the food was fantastic and fast. We left an "all you can eat" area not feeling overly full and I will be recommending this spot to any of my friends who are in the Vegas area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Mexican FoodzonniebucketsDined on 6/28/2014Went here late after arriving at the hotel. It took a little while to see a server once we were seated, but after that, the server was very attentive. We enjoyed the chips and variety of salsa. My wife loved her short ribs enchiladas. I had the fish tacos, two deep fried and one grilled. The deep fried ones were amazing. The grilled one was well cooked, but lacked flavor. Overall, it was a good experience.Special Features:
- Wanted to love itluckylady2Dined on 6/28/2014I was just disappointed in the food flavors and quality overall. The Enchiladas had no flavor and the steak quesadillas were over cooked.
- Not what we expectedUjust8Dined on 6/28/2014We made reservations here because we had not been able to find a decent Mexican restaurant in Las Vegas. We thought the Border Grill has to be good. It was mediocre at best. Brown, plastic table clothes; tables right next to outdoor storage. Tortillas seemed to be made out of store bought pie dough. But the Margarita were the worst! We wanted to send them back but didn't want to make a fuss in front of our grandchildren. We will never go here again.
- Great food, blazing hot outsidebtravis311VIPDined on 6/28/2014We've always really enjoyed our trips to Border Grill at the Mandalay Bay Casino. Their Mexican food is legitimately great. Inventive dishes and attentive service. My only complaint this trip is that, even though we had a reservation, Border Grill was only willing to seat our party of 5 outside in the 100° heat. It was absolutely brutal out there. Lest this happen to you, let me recommend you eat at Burger Bar if you're visiting Mandalay in the summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchGradey9Dined on 6/28/2014I have only eaten brunch at Border Grill. Tons of selections, all delicious. I love the option of adding unlimited Mimosas. Will come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay ResturantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014The downstairs and outdoor patio looked cool, but it was closed when I dined for dinner. Food was nothing exciting. I'd seen advertisements for the cookbook that said Hot Tamales and I thought they actually had Tamales on the menu. My mistake, they had something called a tamale, which was more like corn pudding (southern style) wrapped up nicely in a corn husk. My 2 yr liked it! My fish tacos were over cooked. I actually had to leave the restaurant and go down stairs in to a ballroom to use the bathroom. Ugh. The elevator was broken in the restaurant and I entered from the pool level at Mandalay Bay so I ended up carrying my stroller up the stairs. The wait staff was really nice but I wouldn't dine again here.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014We loved the food. Fresh and very tasty. The only drawback was the margarita; very expensive for the small size.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow Service, Roasted on PatioTeriTravelsDined on 6/22/2014Food was average. Waiter recommended a margarita with jalapeño to one in our group and it was so hot it made our lips go numb. We got seated on the patio and it was 100 degrees in the shade. Waiter took 25 minutes to bring our check as we sat and sweatSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014I made a mistake on the Open table reservation and the host graciously accomodated our larger party. Our server was very nice. The guacamole was excellent. Fresh and flavorful. However, overall, the meal was average and overpriced. I had grilled fish tacos that were fresh but bland (no) flavor. Another guest had kobe beef tacos that she described texture as slimy. Not sure what that means but not appetizing. Another guest had short rib special and said it was delicious. The pork was delicious as well.Special Features:
- divaVIPDined on 6/19/2014Did not live up to the hype. Food mediocre, service good, drinks so-so.