Border Grill - Las Vegas
3950 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89119Neighborhood:
Mandalay Bay Resort
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Border Grill - Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bordergrill.com/
- Phone: 7026327403x
- Hours of Operation:
Everyday - Beginning at 11:00 a.m.
Saturday and Sunday - 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
(in addition to the full Lunch menu)
Everyday - Beginning at 4 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Chris Keating
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: BORDER GRILL CATERING: Looking for off-site catering? Whether it’s a wedding, birthday, or holiday cocktails, we’ll bring the party to your chosen location. Call today for an unforgettable party! 702.632.7540
- Special Events: Become a Border Grill VIP and get all the info about special events like our popular Tequila Tasting Dinners! Ask a manager how to join our exclusive Border Grill VIP Club.
A word from Border Grill - Las Vegas
Welcome to the vibrant, modern Mexican restaurant overlooking the Lazy River just off Mandalay Beach, where Chefs Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger, Food Network’s “Too Hot Tamales”, want nothing more than to spice up your day. With two floors of patio dining, this hip, urban cantina is the perfect setting for sipping margaritas and savoring the bold flavors of Mexico while enjoying views of the beach and pool.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
Border Grill - Las Vegas - Best Restaurants in Mandalay Bay Resort ›
Border Grill - Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
179 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (102)great for outdoor dining (77)great for brunch (59)good for groups (57)great for lunch (54)special occasion (28)hot spot (25)scenic view (22)kid-friendly (13)neighborhood gem (11)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (10)romantic (7)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Good food for a late night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014A little disappointing for the price of the food. They used to be high in quality but we thought the food quality really had dropped off.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our meal, too many warm tortilla chips to start!Special Features:
- Out door patioOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Were able to sit on the patio and it was very niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceWinocooksDined on 10/22/2014We had an excellent meal at Border Grill - Las Vegas. I ordered the Braised Oxtail Quesadillas with Shaved Black Truffle - a special app of the evening. It was fantastic although the portion was large enough for a meal or to share as an app. My husband went with the small plate tasting menu which is a tremendous bargain at $45.00 per person. He got to taste as many of the dishes as he wanted to on the entire menu. This is a great way to get to know to the Border Grill menu. I highly recommend the ceviches for a beautiful, light appetizer.Special Features:
- wonderful food-service not so goodMBAconfDined on 10/21/2014As we anticipated our food, ordering one "special of the day" (Mahi), soup and salad and the brisket enchiladas, we saw that tables around us were being seated, served and leaving before we even realized our meals have not been served. Once we alerted our server, a host came visited our table, apologized & promised to 'expedite' our meals. The food was wonderful, especially the brisket enchiladas. We were seated at 12:05, ordered at 12:20 and were served at 1:10. I was with customers so I didn't ask our waiter or host to adjust the bill, but the restaurant did not offer anything to us either.Special Features:
- Glad we went!ASKADined on 10/20/2014Everything was delicious, the service was amazing, and we loved sitting outside!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2014We went to the Border Grill for my daughter's 21st Birthday. The server did an awesome job making her evening fun and memorable evening for all of us. Food and drinks were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SVPrexnfxDined on 10/20/2014In town for a conference. Likely one of 100's that this resort hosts each year. Noon business lunch, reservation made for noon. 30 min line to get seated, then had to wait at the downstairs hostess stand again. Sat outside where the adjacent pool had a band playing very loud music w/ too much base. Bottom line- Don't go here for a business lunch or if you expect to talk with your guests. Pretty unbelievable that the restaurant closest to the convention center would have a band playing outside on a Monday. To me this resort doesn't have a clue how to meet quest needs. On top of that, the food was ok, nothing special, service like the rest of the resort, no better than what you would get at an Applebee's.
- Brunch!Carrie407Dined on 10/19/2014Absolutely loved the $34.99 small plates brunch. Best to share cuz it's toooo much! Steak and eggs and churro tots were the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite brunch in Las VegasYUMMYDined on 10/19/2014I moved to the vegas area about 2 years ago and luckily found brunch @ Border Grill. It is my favorite brunch hands down!!! The variety of the food is amazing and the concept of small plates vs. the typical giant Vegas buffets is wonderful. I had a group of friends visiting from Ohio and wanted to take them some place different and fabulous. Border Grill filled the bill perfectly. They were all thrilled with our brunch - served family style so we all had a chance to try everything! Thank you Border Grill - it is not often I get to wow my friends and family.Special Features:
- Must TryOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/19/2014Border Grill is one of our very favorite restaurants for brunch in Las Vegas. Get away from the usual Vegas buffet and enjoy all you can eat just by ordering from your table. The food is fresh and made as you order it. The food combinations mesh well together. You will not leave unsatisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food - amazing service!FoodieFamDined on 10/18/2014Love the shrimp and scallops- patio is beautiful. Our server remembered us from two years ago and made some great recommendation! He even remembered our previous order.. Wow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food 80% of the time.DrewbieVIPDined on 10/17/2014We go here often but about 1 of 5 times the food is just average. If you go just do the brunch it's so much bEtter than dinner a lot more bang for your buck. Also, you won't be stuck with something you don't like, it's all you can eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch is a must!SharlynVIPDined on 10/11/2014We always love Border Grill. It's a must visit every time we're in Vegas. This trip we noticed that they were offering brunch. Perfect when you're still on East Coast time. Loved the chicken and waffles! Hubby said the Breakfast Fries were his fave. My only complaint - the menu should state when you're going to put a fried egg on a dish. We ordered the PB&J - came with an egg. Hubby said it was awesome...I don't eat eggs. But other than that...great as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Hard to parkEmmydrewDined on 10/10/2014The food was great but it was really tough finding where to park at the hotel and to find the restaurant in the hotel. I would go back for the food but hesitate with the location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulSharlynVIPDined on 10/9/2014Border Grill is always on our "must" list when visiting Vegas. Good food and drink. Server was a bit chatty this visit but very attentive.Special Features:
- last minute reservation accomodatedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/8/2014took my party of 6 at the last minute - location of our table wasn't the greatest but we were certainly fine with it given the lateness of our reservation. Very hospitable - and the food is really quite good - consistent for all of our table....Special Features:
- Just OKSparkyRoDined on 10/8/2014Very loud. Food was adequate but not very good. Service with an attitude (and not a 'can-do' attitude.)
- FantasticMartaVIPDined on 10/5/2014The small plates and mimosas were fantastic. I will be returning for their brunchSpecial Features:
- Average at bestCrowned82Dined on 10/4/2014Border Grill isn't anything mind-blowing & I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there but it's a solid option if grabbing a bite while at Mandalay Bay. In my case, I like to make reservations there before events. The service is lukewarm but not bad. The chips, salsas & guacamole are yummy... as are the chicken enchiladas & quesadillas. But both flavors of rice & the black beans are quite bland. The restaurant itself is kinda cool, with several different dining areas with different personalities.
- Not good at allOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/4/2014worst mexican food I've had in a long time. Only 1 dish out of 13 that we ordered (5 people) was good. Very disappointing. Fish tacos were terrible; fish was fishy and almost tasted bad.
- Good mealJR87Dined on 10/4/2014Quality meal, quality ingredients, nice presentation and attentive serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review of Border Grillyippie239Dined on 9/28/2014My experience at Border Grill was not good. When my wife and I entered the restaurant we were put at a table that was not steady. We then were able to switch tables. The waiter was not friendly at all. We thought for some reason that he did not like us. We were served soda and were not asked if we wanted a refill. All in all I would not recommend this restaurant. My cousin knows Susan and recommended it to me. The staff dd not seem to mesh together. It just was not a good experience.
- Enjoyable Dinner.DinnerFor2Dined on 9/27/2014Arrived early for our reservation, and were seated promptly on the outside patio. Server was energetic, quickly getting our margaritas so we could get the evening started. The meal was fantastic...you could taste the freshness of all the ingredients. Would definitely recommend Border Grill for a relaxed meal and tasty drinks. Location itself is a little out of the way, but once you get there, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- A Las Vegas favorite of oursosograndDined on 9/21/2014Have enjoyed Sunday Brunch at the Border Grill twice and both times, the experience was quite enjoyable. For about $30 ($40 for unlimited various Mimosas) diners can enjoy an endless parade of small, south-of-the-border, variations on many dishes (similar to Tapas). You may want to try everything, but eventually you realize that sadly you must stop before a food coma sets in. Negotiate with your dining mates to improve the range of samples and beware the endless, delicious Mimosas. Service is cheerful and prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014We met our friends for lunch and had the brunch. Portions were just right and the bottomless mimosas were a perfect complimentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 9/19/15OrbeaDined on 9/19/2014Place needs refreshed... Food was delicious. Server was ehhh.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014The food here was fantastic. We stayed at the Mandalay Bay and this restaurant was a great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great margaritas!DrKLKBDined on 9/17/2014We love Mexican cuisine and chose this restaurant because we were seeing a show later in the evening at Mandalay Bay. The service was warm and inviting. The menu was interesting with more variety than your typical Mexican cafe, and the margaritas were outstanding. Our only complaint was the ambiance. We dined on the outdoor patio and found the decor boring and somewhat unattractive. There is a view of the pool area, but from what we could see the pavement and surroundings were due for an upgrade and maintenance. Would not keep us from dining again, but there is room for improvement.Special Features:
- Another Amazing Dinner!Rsc81400Dined on 9/16/2014One of our favorite places! We both had the three course menu was is a great value and gives you lots of options to choose from. I had the espresso rubbed pork tenderloin and it was the best pork dish I have ever tasted. Husband had the skirt steak and we both believe no one elevates skirt steak the way Border Grill. Great, attentive service and had a great chat with the Ryan, the GM. Cannot wait to return.Special Features:
- Best ServiceDisappointedVIPDined on 9/14/2014I've been to Border Grill many times. Food is always good, but the service can be spotty. We had a waitress that was so professional and appropriately friendly that it transformed the meal from very good to excellent. Unfortunatley, this kind of service and treatment is rare these days so it is especially appreciated when it is received.Special Features:
- Delish!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We went to Vegas for an overnighter with some good friends who wanted to try a "celebrity chef restaurant" Fenninger and Milliken are some of my favorite chefs from cooking shows so I was very excited to try this hidden gem. We were seated promptly and had a very attentive waiter who quickly brought us chips and a trio of salsas. The salsas were very fresh and had the perfect amount of spice! We ordered the queso fundido to start, which was served with fresh tortillas. It was fantastic. Out of the four of us, I must say that my dish of chicken mushroom poblano enchiliadas was by far the best. It was awesome and we will definitely keep this place on our radarSpecial Features:
- Great BrunchMGeezDined on 9/13/2014Excellent brunch options. Served tapas style, the red velvet johnny cakes, peanut butter, jelly, and jalapeno sandwich and skirt steak with breakfast potatoes where all amazing. The bottomless mimosas are a great add on for $10 (loved the hibiscus!). Server was very helpful in guiding us through the numerous selections. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great eveningMarshDined on 9/12/2014I was in charge of finding a good dining spot for our group of 6, visiting from California for a family occasion the next day and staying at the Four Seasons (on the Mandalay Bay property). Having been to Border Grill previously, I decided that would be an easy and relaxed destination for our first evening together, and my choice was proven right. We had a lovely evening out on the balmy patio, enjoying our delicious meal (try the chile relleno and Caesar salad-- we were raving about those), relaxed, unhurried, just perfect. Our food server, Paul, gave us just the right amount of service-- not too much, not too little. We all left very full and very pleased. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- excellent w/ outstanding servicee2fanVIPDined on 9/11/2014Five times at Border Grill, and I am never disappointed. Food portion is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014The food was wonderful and lived up to all the hype. Servers were confused as to who was supposed to be serving us, so it was a little slow at first, but eventually got straightened out and service was excellent after that. We would highly recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceAHS60Dined on 9/8/2014Super friendly outgoing waitress and delicious food made a fun eveningSpecial Features:
- Go here!palsal38VIPDined on 9/7/2014Incredible food and service - try the small plates - the server had many savory recommendations! Not what you'd call typical Mexican food but better because of the nuances of flavors. We had nine tasty selections, certainly enough for a full meal but the variety was what made our dinner special. The chefs are well known for their dedication to sustainable food and hunger programs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Funday BrunchJEatsVIPDined on 9/7/2014I took six of my guy friends to Sunday brunch and we had a great time! Our waitress was amazing and the chef was completely able to work around dietary restrictions with the Sunday brunch menu. Our table enjoyed at least six rounds of delicious mimosa flavors. Everyone enjoyed the food! Looking forward to going back next year.Special Features:
- Food good but not same experiencedairymaid303Dined on 9/6/2014Our 2nd time at BG for Brunch. The food was good, not great this time. The steak & eggs, breakfast fries, guava empanada, and french toast were the best things we had this time, YUM! The Eggs Benedict was heavy, the egg was mostly raw & something in it had too much of a cinnamon-like taste. Tell your server if you intend to share plates (we didn't & started off with duplicates of dishes). Our server for some reason REALLY wanted to order for us, even after we'd politely & specifically told him we wanted to order things ourselves. He took an initial order from us of a few things but didn't return to get more, so once those came out, more food just kept coming - some we would've ordered, others we wouldn't & disliked. We also felt rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.