Bootleggers Food and Drink
3375 E Shea Blvd
Phoenix, AZ 85028Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Bootleggers Food and Drink
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bootleggersaz.com/
- Phone: 6029964228
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday- Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: James Fox
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: From 1 to 1,000 ribs, there is no event too small, or too big. We can customize our wildly popular menu to tailor your needs. We can even show up at your event with a smoker and cook right on site! Please contact Lauren Gardner for more information and pricing. 602.996.4228
- Private Party Contact: Lauren Gardner 6029964228
A word from Bootleggers Food and Drink
We deliver everything from a classic Grilled Cheese sandwich with four melty cheeses on sourdough, to a Pork Belly BLT! We also feature a huge BBQ program for those craving real KCBS style BBQ! Brisket, Pork, Ribs, Smoked Turkey and Chicken, even Wings!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bootleggers Food and Drink reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)fit for foodies (6)good for groups (6)great for lunch (4)hot spot (2)special occasion (2)romantic (1)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great Food and ServiceBrendenDined on 8/29/2014We met 2 couples there for dinner on Friday night...we go out to dinner with this group once a month and always choosing a new restaurant to try. All 6 of us enjoyed the food, drink and the waiter, Brenden. While none of us live close to the restaurant...if we ever are in the area we would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurrealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014Food is really good but the service was impossibly bad. An incredible combination of incompetence and indifference. It's a shame because they really execute well on BBQ but I won't be back to the Shea location.
- Awesome BBQKendogDined on 8/1/2014Best brisket in the valley. Everything we have eaten is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bacon Bomb at BootleggersFoodieGalDined on 7/31/2014Went to Bootleggers specifically for their Bacon Boot Bomb. Brisket stuffed in pork wrapped in a lattice like fashion with bacon. It was tasty with a great mingling of flavors. My only criticism would be my friend and I had hoped it would be served piping hot. The accompanying broccoli rice cassoulet was delicious as well. Our server was perfectly nice. I can't get over how such a spacious restaurant is in a strip mall.Special Features:
- What HappenedJeffroDined on 6/28/2014Not sure what happened the past month? Dined recently and made online reservation which they did not have, I had the confirmation. Service was not the usual great service as in the past. No one asked to refill my drink, service time to order was very long. My Brisket was 80% fat?? All if my previous half dozen or so experiences were good until now?Special Features:
- JenninealVIPDined on 6/16/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our meals! The bacon board rocked. The only complaint - they were out of the cobbler...Special Features:
- Unassuming, but Excellent fooddeardocDined on 5/30/2014Love BBQ, then this is the place to go. The exterior is very misleading, but once you step inside it is a real treat. The food was beyond great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good stuff! Random locationCuteDined on 5/25/2014We really enjoyed our food and the ambience. I had the turkey open faced sandwich. The smashed potatoes were delicious! My husband tried the brisket and said it was really good as well. He was also a big fan of the Moscow Mule drink!Special Features:
- a bit of a let downOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Ribs had amazing flavor but served room temperature. Restaurant was half empty yet service was quite slow. $8 wedge salad was very small for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014Noise level was off the charts. It was a Friday night, tho, so we coped. We will go again. Just not on a weekend evening! The place was packed. We were treated very well. The manager was very pleasant and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonnaDisappointedDined on 5/20/2014We ordered the sampler platter stating it was for 2. Meat was cooked tender, but had no flavor. 2 small ribs, small pile pulled pork, 5 slices of sausage, few slices of turkey, 2 thin brisket slices. Not for 2 and was $32. Sides were dry and not flavorful. Served 2nd sour cream potato salad after finished, taste was good. Could not hear the server and saw very little of him. Arrived 45 minutes early for reservations which mentioned it was our 25th Wedding Anniversary; nothing was said. Will not be returning, overpriced and underwhelmed.
- The following 25 reviews are from the Bootleggers Food and Drink reviews archive.
- Very DisappointedLuvsBBQDined on 5/11/2014We had been big fans and have dined there over 8 time since it opened, I took some friends who had not heard of the place and I was embarrassed that the meats appeared to be leftovers and had sat under the heat lamp for hours. The brisket was sliced think and had grill marks on it - dry, not the way it had been served in the past, as thin slice and moist. The ribs were cold and the pork sandwiches were have the portion previously served. They were out of 3 items we requested. I loved the idea and had some great experiences on previous visits and now I am sure we will not be going back... sorry to say.
- Hidden gemlilacnpoundyDined on 5/11/2014What a great place. It was my third visit and didn't disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BBQ awesome, coleslaw not greatTreyDined on 5/11/2014The pulled pork and ribs were some of the best in Phoenix. Coleslaw needs some dancing up though. It really is an awesome find though. You have to get the bacon board on your first visit! Worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BBQMichaelVIPDined on 5/10/2014Excellent BBQ. You have to get the bacon board. The brisket is also very good.Special Features:
- Great BBQ.MOB1Dined on 5/3/2014This was our first visit after I saw Fox morning's Cory McClosky visit weeks ago. We were not disappointed. The brisket was outstanding, as was everything on the combo plate. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very ImpressedesoradaDined on 4/30/2014I was very impressed with our dinner at Bootleggers. The pulled pork was AMAZING! Everyone at our table was very happy with their meal and we would all definitely return again. The servers were really friendly and never let our water glasses hit empty. They even had a great cocktail selection (which we expected with a name like Bootleggers - so they did not disappoint). The design of the space was modern but with a hint of old "speak easy/western". Overall it is a great new place and we are looking forward to making it a regular spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch?donteatoutoftenDined on 4/27/2014We food them while looking for a place to have brunch and then our daughter in law said she had heard some great reviews. Well, they do not serve brunch; however, we stayed for lunch and it was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChangesScottVIPDined on 4/26/2014The brisket USED to be great! They made some changes, adding a sauce to it...not as good as before. Plus the meat is not as tender as when they first opened.Special Features:
- All around goodnessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/1/2014The feels of the place was cool, the food was really good, service was OK. Would definitely go again to try more off the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awards???LuvgoodfoodDined on 3/19/2014I don't know how this place has awards. The food was not good at all, the drinks were just ok. I was really looking forward to some great bbq but everything tasted "off". The meat was cold and gooped with a ton of (not tasty) bbq sauce. The service was overwhelming always coming to the table, but didn't ask how the meal was...just if I wanted a box since i couldn't stomach eating anymore if the meat. Unfortunately, I won't come back here again.Special Features:
- Friendly to first timersRexKenGramDined on 3/11/2014Kayla was especially nice in explaining the menu and drinks, had great St Louis Ribs and pulled pork. Great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing all aroundJCfromLAVIPDined on 3/1/2014We are frequent visitors to Phoenix and wanted to get something casual. Ate at Bootleggers tonite despite mixed reviews, and our experience was on the negative side of the mixed. Sizable portions of mediocre food. Everything was very salty. Service was fair, somehow felt rushed and ignored at the same time. Front desk staff seemingly could not handle the puzzle of where to seat people and saw them make people wait for no good reason. Manager checked on every table except for us.
- neighborhood gemamg4foodVIPDined on 2/25/2014We found this restaurant while on a business trip. The food was delicious - short ribs with Dr Pepper glaze were fabulous. Very nice ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not too great!!!CissylouDined on 2/23/2014We decided to try this restaurant while on vacation in Scottsdale. Unfortunately, it wasn't a very good choice. The food was mediocre and it took 45 minutes for food to arrive. Pulled pork had WAY too much sauce in it and sides were also very heavy with sauces.Special Features:
- Great BBQRytan2005Dined on 2/21/2014Fantastic food, other than mashed potatoes tasted like instant. Staff were greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood spotKNiceDined on 2/14/2014Bootleggers is a perfect casual bar and restaurant with more than casual tastes of food and drink. Great menu and service and happy I live close by to it. Unassuming feel from the strip center it sits in, but don't let that stop you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local FoodRoadDogDined on 2/10/2014MMmmmmmmm - Bacon Board!!! Moonshine Apple Pie!!! Pulled Pork!!! Mac+Cheese!!! Ribs - Just OK... All In All Very good - No Wait - Good service - OK Prices - Will go again and order different items to see if this is consistent. If so then I will become a regular.Special Features:
- DisappointmentMarianneDined on 2/10/2014We were told how great Bootleggers was. It was not very busy and we were seated right away. The server took our drink order, a glass of wine and a beer. Ten minutes passed and no drinks came. The server came to ask if we wanted any starters. We did not but we asked about our drinks. Five minutes later we got the drinks. We ordered our dinner then. I ordered the Cobb Salad with house smoked turkey and pork belly. My husband ordered pulled pork. When it came, the salad had less that a tablespoon of the turkey and bacon total. The greens, cheese and dressing were just fine, but not the meat. I left still hungry. The pulled pork was very good. We won't be going back.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/8/2014Food is very tasty. The grilled corn is outstanding and so is the bacon plate.Special Features:
- Menu ConfusionLocavoreDined on 2/8/2014Our server was wonderful, but there were several issues with the menu. Our first choice of app had been taken off the menu but was still listed. When it came to the drink I ordered, I was told they were out of the liquor they used in it. They eventually found it, but by then it was passed Happy Hour and I was charged full price on the bill. The chocolate cake is listed on the menu as having brown sugar bacon. The bacon used, however is jalapeno. Very confusing to the taste buds. What we did order and were able to get was delicious. Highly recommend the cherry pie milkshake and the short ribs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a BBQ placeBoneApaTeetDined on 2/4/2014I saw this place listed KC style BBQ. Growing up in KC then later living in TX, I was hoping for good BBQ. Utter disappointment. We ordered BBQ sampler platter. Not a hint of smokiness to any of the meats. I also asked for extra BBQ sauce as there was none on the table, and they brought a tablespoon sized stainless steel cup with something reddish orange in color, thicker than ketchup...almost as thick as sour cream? The flavor wasn't bbq at all sweeter than ketchup maybe a slight chutney flavor? The meat didn't taste bad but it had no BBQ-ness to it. Obviously just prepared in an oven instead of smoking or being exposed to any sort of BBQ (wood and or coals). The Caesar salad was nice and so was the wine. The ambiance was nice, as well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experience and less.MikeDined on 1/18/2014Second time for dinner. Both times we had an excellent meal. Disappointed that our server said "the Chips and Dip appetizer was discontinued today." We have enjoyed the chocolate cake before and told our friends about it - it was their first visit. There was no more chocolate cake when we wanted to order dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good little spot to know aboutKdiamond27Dined on 1/18/2014I made a reservation for 4 on 1/18/14 for 5:30. However, when we arrived we had to wait a good 10 minutes while the hostesses scrambled trying to figure out an issue with their reservations. A long line of people were waiting. We were finally seated and the servers were all great and friendly. The place was PACKED.The food was slightly less good than I thought. I had the pulled pork sandwich with coleslaw, and I think it looked and tasted the best out of what everyone got (filet, kale salad and ribs). We had a cherry pie milkshake (which sounded amazing but too much banana) and the blueberry cobbler with vanilla ice cream (great). The ambiance is good- rustic with a nice bar.I would recommend for a very casual night out near 51 & Shea.Special Features:
- Neighborhood FindButterflyDined on 12/28/2013Have never been here but have passed it many times. Best "wedge salad" I've ever had--not quite sure what was on it. Husband had an excellent pulled pork w/home made chips. I had ribs which were dry and not very meaty. Would go back but would stick to the salad & sandwich. They also had one of my favorite wines. Great "brews" on draft. Metal chairs are very uncomfortable, ask for a booth.Special Features:
- my new favoriteinnowayabarbieDined on 12/26/2013The food was completely fantastic! My family ordered the nachos and the bbq sampler with a side of green beans. I have to say, the Nachos were fabulous you could taste every ingredient and was hot but not overpowering. The pulled pork was the first finished with the ribs and turkey second. The green beans were good but I'm ready to try the other sides. The drink selection was extensive, I highly recommend trying one of the moonshine cocktails. Our server was nice but when asked about drinks wasn't very helpful. Definitely get the peach and blueberry pie, yum! loved the ambiance, the mason jar chandelier I want to take home! Plus the manager came by asking if everything was great, she was even helping buss tables! I never see that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.