Boomer Esiason's Stadium Grill at Bowlmor
222 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Boomer Esiason's Stadium Grill at Bowlmor
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stadiumgrill.com/
- Phone: 2126800012
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday-Thursday 4pm-10pm
Lunch & Dinner: Friday-Sunday 12pm-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Boomer Esiason's Stadium Grill at Bowlmor
Description coming soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Boomer Esiason's Stadium Grill at Bowlmor reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (5)good for groups (4)neighborhood gem (2)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Awesome place for kids, friendlyMomof3Dined on 8/2/2014Such a perfect place for kids to eat in the city. They can play games, bowl, and move around. Instead of being in a stuffy crowded restaurant in NYC. The service was awesome, the food was great and the kids had an awesome time. Highly recommend for families!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bubbaDined on 7/25/2014Food was fine. We had a 6pm reservation but there was no wait service. Bar service only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautifullifeDined on 6/25/2014There should be happy hour to get a decent crowd in there everyday - drink specials and highlights - especially at the main bar- so much of corporate is in Times Square -- it's too bad that the place was empty - no one at the bar at all. even while the World Cup was on - I sat there alone. I had a blackened chicken sandwich - food was good - Andrew the bartender was super nice and friendly - friendly staff as well. Loved the individual bowling rooms - great for all. Over all the place is really nice - huge and , well, after all, just empty .... and disappointing. oh, Boxed red wine? Really??....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodWeedyDined on 6/8/2014Food was really good !! Especially bar food.... lots of TV's for games. Great location for kids. Nachos and Burgers are excellent !!Special Features:
- The following 102 reviews are from the Boomer Esiason's Stadium Grill at Bowlmor reviews archive.
- Expensive Bar FoodGood4BowlingDined on 2/22/2014Food menu is very limited. Need to have more choices available. Basically can get a burger, pizza , or a wrap. Expensive for what your getting. Mixed drink was $13 served in a plastic cup. Good kids atmosphere for bowling. Bowling was expensive. It was $12 per game per chilld. Seating setup was good for watching sporting events on the big screen TV's . Probably wont go back because it was too expensive for the limited food choices.Special Features:
- Don't go for "dinner"OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2014Just go if there's a game on. Sports bar, but don't sit down for dinner.Special Features:
- Sports BarOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/21/2013Good place to take the kids when visiting Time Square. Bowling, pool, and air hockey. Kids had fun. Food was ok for a sports bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Started good / progressed downhillWDWStevieBDined on 12/7/2013We were excited to find an available table on a Holiday Saturday night in NYC for 5 of us. We were immediately seated, and order taken in a timely manner. Then, the order was incorrectly delivered to the table 3 times. Our server was missing quite often when we needed drinks refilled. Having a child with us it was important to have food on time as to keep her interest in the meal as best as we could. Very unfortunate. It is a good sports bar with plenty of TVs... the menu is simple making it easy to navigate and select.Special Features:
- Good food, horrible service...WoobieDined on 12/7/2013It took 20 minutes and me tracking down the hostess to get a server to our table. Ended up with 3 different servers. When our food finally arrived they had 3 of the 6 orders wrong. Finally got the right food and have to say the burgers were good. The table next to us had the same problem. It appeared they were short staffed on a Saturday night with a full house. Boomer should spend more time at his restaurant and not just put his name on it!Special Features:
- Awesome place for kids!!!!Momof3Dined on 11/29/2013This was by far the best place we could have gone with a group 9 including 5 kids. The food was perfect for kids and the service was laid back and casual especially for being in the city. The bowling was awesome and the air hockey tables were a huge hit! For being in the city it was by far a perfect choice for dining with kids. it was laid back, fun, and entertaining for all ages. Loved that the adults could drink, talk, and eat while watching the kids play, watch sports on the many T.V.'s and bowl! Staff was super accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for watching football!KevinDined on 9/28/2013Dropped by Saturday afternoon and the place was empty. Not surprising though because the restaurant is located up the elevators at the Bowling Alley. It was tough to find but the food was good, and service was swell. Just an FYI for those who do not like ketchup, they put ketchup on your burger. So if you don't want it, make sure you know to ask for no ketchup on your burger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reservation issuesdwestDined on 9/14/2013Good to hang out with friends, good food, I enjoyed it other than my reservation issueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good to watch a game, Bad for Food!KMacVIPDined on 9/13/2013Great place to watch sports, plenty of TV's with stadium seating. However, they recently changed the menu & the food is terrible. We ordered several different things on the menu & nothing was good. I'd go back for a beer & to watch a game, but skip the food.
- Great place to watch a game but....OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/1/2013Great place to watch a sporting event; in fact, they have so many TV screens, that you can watch 5 or 6 sporting events at the same time!. I would only recommend Boomer's if that is what you are after, and that's what i was after when we went there. Food was disappointing. I made what I thought would be a safe food order - The Boomer Burger. Burger was OK except the bun fell apart in my hands. The service was very cordial but then the waiter would disappear for 20-25 minutes (no kidding), and the place was not even crowded. All in all, I would only recommend Boomer's if you want an unobstructed view of a sporting event. Also, the TV broadcast was incredibly loud.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My reservation was not honoredOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2013My reservation was not honored so I was unable to dine at this restaurant. I had previously sent you a separate notice regarding my experience.
- The bar is well located, reasonablyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2013The bar is well located, reasonably easy to find and from the entrance on the street seemed vibrant. Unfortunately the location and the entrance is all I can comment on because there was a private party at the same time as my reservation and despite showing the follow up confirmation email from OpenTable I was turned away. Still, the red rope across the entrance is definitely top quality and worth a look if you're passing. I tried to leave the ratings other 'overall' blank but the rating system doesn't seem to cater for not being let in.
- neat idea with the pseudo-stadiumOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/30/2013neat idea with the pseudo-stadium sitting. great for watching a game, no doubt.
- We went because our groupOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013We went because our group of 10 were in the city to watch the NCAA's & went since Carton was going to be there. We had a blast & the boling was an added bonusSpecial Features:
- Food was great and a reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/9/2013Food was great and a really fun vibe - would absolutely recommend and will return!
- I am a big sports fan andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/23/2013I am a big sports fan and fan of Mr. Esiason and looked forward to taking my 10-year old son and his friend for lunch in the city. They really enjoyed the big-screen TVs and sports memoribilia, but the pizza was bland, "house specialty" Boomer Burger which I ordered medium-rare was over-cooked to a crisp. The chicken nachos appetizer was quite good, however. The service was OK, nothing special. Overall, a disappointment.
- CherylOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013Great burgers and drinks! Nice casual dining place in the city. Ambiance fun and sporty. Our actor/waitor was great and we had a great time!Special Features:
- Boomer's for the Big game!foodluvrDined on 2/2/2013A great place for the big game!! Be sure the try the Irish Nachos they are delicious.Special Features:
- Had a good time hanging outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/5/2013Had a good time hanging out watching football before a show. They have a built-in gratuity, however, which seems to translate into a very nice waitstaff that is in no hurry to check on or do anything for you. Go for great sports viewing, above decent food, with a lot of time to kill.
- great spot to watch footballOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/5/2013great spot to watch football and sports! bartender was rude after there was an error in a drink order.Special Features:
- I thought the experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/30/2012I thought the experience was fantastic. I was not overly thrilled by the waitress we received who checked out table maybe once after dinner was served. However, great place to watch sports, enjoy some great food - the wings and appetizers were fantastic, and the Cowboy Burger was great (don't deviate away from the meat you use).Special Features:
- We had a big group and theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2012We had a big group and the restaurant did seat us earlier than our reservation. It felt like we were forgotten about after we were seated however. It took a long time to get a drink order and a food order. We order 2 appetizers and got only 1 after our food came. A couple of orders came out wrong and we had to ask several times for drink refills.
- Great for grabbing a biteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/17/2012Great for grabbing a bite to eat & watching the game.
- Went with a large group, kidsnm9293Dined on 12/16/2012Went with a large group, kids and sports-interested adults. Food was decent, service was so-so. They messed up a few (fairly simple) order requests, but nothing worse than that. Great on a Sunday for football, all games are televised. Good space for a large group, "stadium seating" so at any point you can see all TVs.Special Features:
- Service is terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012They were understaffed and there was only three tables in the whole place! We were a table of three and that was the excuse the server gave us.Special Features:
- Slow service. ExcrutiatinglyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/1/2012Slow service. Excrutiatingly slow. Lack of attention by waitstaff. Customers next to us nearly walked out. We came in after them, but ordered before them. That's when they put on their coats to leave. Waiter saw this and came running over to help them. Even though it's a sports bar atmosphere, it's just a little too noisy......from the blaring tv's. You want to be able to hear it....with above average volume, but not deafening. I've been here before, once, but don't plan to return. BTW, food was Applebee's quality. Not bad. Not great.
- Boomer bombed!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/24/2012Booomer fumbled this one in a big way. He should stick to being a sportscaster. The service was poor and the food cold (much like the staff was).
- Food was good. We orderedLuv2dineVIPDined on 11/23/2012Food was good. We ordered a bottle of wine and were given plastic wine glasses. Asked for glass and was told there were none. Wine does not taste good out of a plastic glass. Strange that glasses were not available. We were the only people eating there at 7pm on a Friday night.
- My reservation was not honoredGreatVIPDined on 10/27/2012My reservation was not honored even with my written confirmation
- Food was poor. Noice levelOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2012Food was poor. Noice level extremely high. No ambiance. Disappointing.
- We had a great time althoughOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2012We had a great time although the service was slow and we did not get what we ordered. I think the server was fairly new and they were busy too so it was understandable. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Okay to bowl, not to eat.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2012Order was wrong & the food was horrible!! The only thing good there were the drinks; corona, can't mess that up. Would NOT recommend to my worst enemy.
- Never Again.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2012I honestly probably won't ever go to this restaurant again. The food was OK, nothing to rave about but I have no complaints. The worst part about this place was the service. I went right after work so there weren't many people there; maybe four or five tables had people at them. However, it took us three hours to finish our meal. When we first got there, there was no host to greet us. We had to go to the bar and ask someone to seat us. Then when our waiter took our order, he didn't bother to write it down and ended up forgetting that we ordered an appetizer, which we didn't get until we were halfway done with our entrees. It took way too long to get our food. And after all of that, we were bamboozled with a gratuity on our bill. horrible.Special Features:
- Dinner after a matinee, onlyButtercup1Dined on 7/18/2012Dinner after a matinee, only other diners was a very large birthday party. Great place to watch sport events. Everyone gets a great seat to view the many TV's. Bar food was good. Server was very friendly.Special Features:
- Upscale sports barOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/24/2012Good menu, though definitely not cheap. Was very dead the night we were there.Special Features:
- First time there pre-theatre...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2012First time there pre-theatre... was perfect place for drinks and small plates to carry us over until after the show.... had no idea you could say "classy sports bar" and not have it be a joke!Special Features: