152 Spring Street
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 2124313663
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Friday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giovanni Prieto
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our full menu is available for all types of events.
- Private Party Facilities: The back part of the restaurant is available for events. Additionally, the entire restaurant may be reserved.
- Private Party Contact: Cesare Bruni 9172933398
- Entertainment: Occasional live music, including: jazz, Brazilian, melodic jazz, and guitar.
A word from Boom
Authentic Italian fare in a cozy romantic candle lit atmosphere. We offer live music on occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Boom reviews from OpenTable diners
- Greaaat food!! Good price.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012The food in this place its amazing! The eggplant parmigiana is the best I have ever eaten, and the Mignon is woooow. The place in cozy and very nice. Its a place where you can chat, the noise is ok.Special Features:
- The Reataurant is very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012The Reataurant is very nice inside. The live music is very nice . Just everyone had to talk loud to hear each other. The food was good , not spectacular . I am not rushing to go backSpecial Features:
- Boom is a bustLexLieslDined on 10/12/2012A little scruffy, and the menu is dull. Half empty at 8:30 pm on Saturday night. Can't recommend this. Felt like a neighborhood sports bar kind of thing, nothing special.
- Although we were late BoomOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012Although we were late Boom still had the front window table waiting. The food was great and staff friendly and attentive. My mom had a wonderful mothers day brunch there!Special Features:
- Live Music and Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/28/2012They have live music which is why I gave it an overall Outstanding. It puts them over the edge!Special Features:
- great dininig experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/18/2012I loved the attentive service, the fresh food we were served and the ambience. Was cozy and elegant. Would totally recommend!Special Features:
- Boom is one of my local bars.VennsterDined on 4/13/2012Boom is one of my local bars. I took my date there because she is Cuban and the reviews mentioned that they had Cuban music. It is loud, the tables are pretty crammed in and there were a number of items hitting the floor a people left their tables (glasses, wine bottles etc). Give this, don't expect to have a conversation that your date will hear, and the next 4 tables around you won’t. When we arrived we had to wait for a while even though we had made a reservation. The service was a little slow, but when it came was attentive, there were very long periods between course which actually given the atmosphere wasn’t an issue. I had the Seafood Linguine as a main which was a bit bland, I think the chief may have forgotten the salt, because onSpecial Features:
- We really enjoyed the food,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2012We really enjoyed the food, the neighborhood feel and the bonus of Cuban music! not too noisy, just right.Special Features:
- Having been several timesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/26/2012Having been several times prior, was surprised food was served barely warm. But will go,back for brunch.Special Features:
- The food at Boom was incredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/25/2012The food at Boom was incredible and really enjoyed the live music. Boom is one of my favorite NYC restaurants and I alsways enjoy going there.Special Features:
- Food was good but the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/25/2012Food was good but the service was a bit lacking and definitely, the music was too loud including the live guitar player! I had requested the "quietest" table possible and I was put under a speaker! Put a damper on the night since we were meeting up with friends and could not talk without shouting!
- We were immediately seatedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/28/2012We were immediately seated when we arrived at our reservation time. The wait staff was very friendly and helpful with selecting a wine. The food was outstanding! A wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Very disappointing. The restaurantCampbellVIPDined on 1/28/2012Very disappointing. The restaurant was way too hot! We sat at 8:00 pm, didn't have a server come to our table for 15 minutes, entree's were served until 9:30!!!!
- No question is the BEST in Soho!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/21/2012All that I can say is that this place is the best Italian in the area!! The cheese and cold cut platter I had for appetizer was to die for, the fresh lobster ravioli was simply delicious, the pistachio encrusted tilapia was cooked to perfection...all in the most romantic setting you can find in Soho and probably with the warmest and most brilliant servers I had i a long time. Soo grateful we found this little gem!!!Special Features:
- Came here for a friends birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/21/2012Came here for a friends birthday and had a womderful experience. They gave her a special cake and even brought out Champagne! Wonderful food and great staff. Definitely would recommend.Special Features:
- The place was very busy, theyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2012The place was very busy, they had live music with an incredible cuban singer. we had few delicious starters to share; mozzarella burrata special, calamari and bruschette. I had a gorgeous filet mignon with spinach mash potatoes, my kids had fresh gnocchi and spaghetti , my wife tried the homemade fresh ravioli...simply delicious (she is Italian and she felt totally impressed). The service was extremely gracious and attentive like I never experienced in my all life (the waitress was helpful since the beginning and the manager was very friendly and constantly present throughout the all evening ) I will be back!Special Features:
- we just enjoyed this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/18/2012we just enjoyed this place so much, best experience ever in soho. The food is exquisite , the ambiance is incredibly romantic, the service is the most attentive we experience in years.Special Features:
- A neat little restaurant inOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/14/2012A neat little restaurant in the city, where the food leads A LOT to be desired. One of my favorite things about visiting SoHo is the fabulous food, while Boom does offer live music and an interesting atmosphere the food is sub par. Not a bad place to stop in for a glass of wine but I would not recommend staying for dinner.
- Great experience. ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/24/2011Great experience. Excellent service and delicious food. Would definitely go back.
- Still a Gem after all these yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/10/2011Very enjoyable late night meal. Boom has become a soho landmark. Enjoyed it 15years ago as much as I enjoyed it last night. Amazing live music from a flamenco inspired musician, really added a great vibe to the experience.Special Features:
- There was a private partyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/7/2011There was a private party with loud band so we did not stay for dinner. We should have been informed beforehand.Special Features:
- Beyond awfulduran234Dined on 12/2/2011Awful food. Worst meal in a long time. Never going back.
- Lighting was for bats. Waspdg123VIPDined on 11/12/2011Lighting was for bats. Was so dark that we literally could not see menu. Music, at 6:00 was so loud and thumping that we could not hear eachother. With this sensory onslaught what's the diff about the food? We asked waiter to turn down music and he said that he could not and that if we stay til 8 when the music comes on, it's gets even louder.
- Food was good. Music wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/22/2011Food was good. Music was too loud and distracting.Special Features:
- Quite decent but very loudnathbeckVIPDined on 8/13/2011Overall a nice experience but with the live music on a Saturday night was quite loud (even during breaks). The service was very friendly and the pastas quite nice.Special Features:
- The food was really good,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2011The food was really good, but the portions were small. The music was a bit loud, but it was a great spot for a girl's night out. The drinks were a bit on the expensive side, but the pitcher of sangria was really good and worth the price.Special Features:
- Food was pretty dreadful.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/27/2011Food was pretty dreadful. Service was fine. Overall, there are better choices in Soho for the price.
- Great food and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2011Very nice relaxed and comfortable place. The food was very fresh and well prepared. A few small birthday parties were going on while we were there. As onlookers, the staff helped to make them memorable occasions.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/3/2011Took my boyfriend there for a romantic birthday dinner. The live music was great, our waitress (Russian) was so sweet and helpful. Made our experience extremely pleasant. Just make sure to get a seat under the skylight before it closes!Special Features:
- Wonderful soup and our dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 6/1/2011Wonderful soup and our dishes were great. Couldn't be happier with service or the live 5 piece jazz band.Special Features:
- We came on a night when thereOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/13/2011We came on a night when there was an italian swing band. They were so good and the place was simply alive. Good selection of good yet inexpensive wines, great pasta, but I had no more room for dessert.Special Features:
- Went with both my mother andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2011Went with both my mother and gent, and Boom managed to satisfy both audiences. Food was great and the music was a lot of fun. Definitely check out the cheese platters and bruscetta. A fun place with awesome food.Special Features:
- Great spot and location. GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/7/2011Great spot and location. Good wine, and appetizers. Both my steak and my boyfriends tuna were overcooked. Live music on the weekends. Probably better for drinks, and a quick bite then a full dinner.
- We love cool places and thisOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/30/2011We love cool places and this place is cool! Food was great. Atmosphere was awesome. The professional dancers were fantastic. We felt romantic, energized, and happy after our Saturday night out!Special Features:
- My mussels was horrible. ThereCarpeDiemVIPDined on 4/23/2011My mussels was horrible. There was no broth and no flavor. What a pity it was my all time favorite dish from them until they change how they prepare and serve it. Plus i kept getting run into by the wait staff despite the fact that there was enough room for them to clear. Plus the entertainment was way too loud for diners, they should have kept it closer to the Bar area where they would have appreciated the ;oudness of the music more. With so many great restaurants in NY. I will not be back again.
- Authentic excellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/17/2011Excellent service, authentic Italian food (all my Italian friends agreed) and relaxing ambiance that allows for good conversation - not too quiet for you to talk intimately with someone and not too loud that it's annoying for a romantic evening.Special Features:
- Delicious. We had a couponSuzannePDined on 4/15/2011Delicious. We had a coupon for a 4 course with wine pairings. All were delicious!!Special Features:
- We have eaten at Boom periodicallyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/10/2011We have eaten at Boom periodically over the past 5-6 years and have found it to be consistently very good. Our first time there was for lunch but since then, usually for dinner and it works well for both. A bit noisy at times, perhaps, but not offensive, wait staff attentive, and food very good and appropriately priced. Occasional live music events. A great spot in SoHo and we will continue to include this ih our future visits to NYC.Special Features:
- Great ambience and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/25/2011Great ambience and delicious food. Love the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Fine for a late night withYumcriticVIPDined on 3/15/2011Fine for a late night with a bunch of friends. Try not to eat too much, stick to soup and salad. Food quality not too good, especially anything with fish, or fried.Special Features: