Boom Noodle - University Village
2675 NE Village Lane
Seattle, WA 98105Neighborhood:
U Village / U District
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Boom Noodle - University Village
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.boomnoodle.com/
- Phone: 2065252675
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:00AM - 4:00PM.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, Sunday: 4:00PM - 9:00PM. Friday - Saturday: 4:00PM - 10:00PM.
Happy Hour: Monday - Tuesday, Wednesday - Sunday: 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM, Thursday: 3:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
A word from Boom Noodle - University Village
Voted Best Japanese Restaurant in the 2011 Evening Magazine Best of Western Washington competition. From hot soup and noodles & delicious wok dishes, to chilled noodle dishes,a variety of innovative small plates and cocktails, Boom has a Japanese and Asian inspired offering that is sure to delight.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Boom Noodle - University Village reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (4)great for outdoor dining (3)fit for foodies (3)neighborhood gem (2)vibrant bar scene (2)good for groups (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- University Village GemSvenskagirlDined on 10/27/2014Met a friend for conversation... asked for a table in a quieter area... that request was honored by the hostess... Nice staff... VERY DELICIOUS Asian cuisine... Bento Box was well priced and very good. Friend and I will return again and again.Special Features:
- Great food, weak serviceFredWDined on 10/25/2014We keep going back, hoping that service will improve are reminded within minutes of arriving that this restaurant just does operate well. The food is great but disorganized inattentive service ruins the experience. Our server must have said "sorry about that" two dozen times, which equated to the number of times we had to ask 3 or 4 times for something, or a side dish never shows up, or meals arrive 10 minutes apart, or the starter arrives 10 minutes after the entrees...after 5 or 6 visits experiencing this pattern I think it not just bad timing or bad luck.
- great atomsphereSunnyDined on 10/10/2014Love the interior, nice friendly server. Though the miso ramen was a bit salty and pricey for ramen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go to BoomCheznousVIPDined on 7/12/2014Very bad experience, this place is not gonna last. We're last Saturday around 8:00. The place was almost empty and they took forever to her our food. It was what we ordered, food was cold and soggy, server was rude. We'd love this place but I think we're not coming backSpecial Features:
- The following 32 reviews are from the Boom Noodle - University Village reviews archive.
- First Time DineranonymousDined on 6/10/2014I came to Boom Noodle to celebrate birthdays of some colleagues on a recommendation. My lunch was fabulous as were my fellow diners. The service was fast and friendly. All the dishes came out at the same time with a line of wait personnel. That was a treat! I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday?OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/28/2014Great food and a nice atmosphere. Noted on my reservation that we had a birthday celebration that night. We even had gifts and cards on the table, but no staff members seemed to notice. It would have been nice for them to say, "Happy Birthday" or at least acknowledge the occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the varietyKunitDined on 5/24/2014The food has an multi-cultural Asian influence. The spacious décor is modern with high ceilings so it was not noisy which was conducive to a relaxed visit. The service was friendly and excellent.Special Features:
- Really yummy noodlesKW33VIPDined on 5/11/2014A fair amount of options as well. Really great and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The wait was worth it!waytogoDined on 5/2/2014We were seated immediately and a server came to us in short order. It took longer than I expected for the food to arrive once we ordered but it was worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boom Delivers!FunDinersVIPDined on 4/17/2014It's just the right spot for our family - before/after church or when we want to shop U-Village. Fresh, delicious food...something for everyone - kids like it a lot, gluten-free & vegetarian options. And yummy crepes...if we ever had enough room for those! Super quick service, hot food, and pleasant, attractive environment.Special Features:
- Fun lunch in UVillage. FoodYumiVIPDined on 3/8/2014Fun lunch in UVillage. Food was great, service good, boot good for family conversation. Good looking sports bar also. Will be backSpecial Features:
- good for kidsseattlewineDined on 3/7/2014Boom Noodle used to be amazing. This is just an expensive kid place for suburban moms. Meh.Special Features:
- Disappoints, even for a chainMontanagutDined on 3/7/2014Boom, we had high hopes. Been visiting about 2 yrs. Loud? Try "cacophonous." You must shout to have dinner conversation. I usually opt for beef yakisoba. It's ok, not great and a smallish portion. This time I had sweet/sour chicken. Never again. It was so loaded w sugar it was pretty gross. I ate it because that's how I was raised: eat what's put in front of you. But skip this dish. My two kids got the boom box as usual. Thank goodness for the broccoli because the crispy chicken is -no exaggeration at all- always off. Three visits ago it was so salty it was inedible. The last two visits it was as tough as leather. Staff are usually fine but seem rushed. Boom, you're relegated to last-resort status. Not that much better than fast food.Special Features:
- Boom Noodle LoveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/26/2014First time dining here and loved it. I had chicken curry soup, glass of wine, edamame side dish. Everything was delicious. The ambiance is casual and friendly. It was a Sunday night so the restaurant was quiet. Service was good. I like the decore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no coffee?girvingDined on 1/14/2014I had a wonderful lunch at Boom Noodle but dissappointed not to be able to get a cup of coffee. I was told that there was some contract with Starbucks that you wouldn't serve it. But at any other restaurant around u village i can get a coffee with my meal. hard to believe that i really had to go somewhere else to finish my meal. so inconvenient.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, lousy serviceWedgwoodDinerDined on 11/23/2013I went with a party of five on a busy Saturday night. I like the food here, interesting and flavorful without being either too spicy or too bland. Decent selection should have something for everyone. Bu the service that night was terrible. I think they rely on too many inexperiences waiters to handle their big weekend crowds. On another occasion with a big lunch party the service was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- three of us had lunch herekmartVIPDined on 11/19/2013three of us had lunch here recently and none of us thought it was worth coming back to, It is a very comfortable place with extremely friendly and helpful staff. The problem is the food. It is less than average. The appetizers were the only thing edible. I will not be back.
- great choiceanonDined on 11/16/2013great menu, lots of choices. fresh food, interesting, delicious tastes. great ambiance & décor.Special Features:
- Much improvedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2013Our server was great. She was attentive & kept us updated when the kitchen got slammed. This may not seem like a big deal, but is a huge improvement over past experiences here. Food was really good and the updated menu is a welcome change.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but noisyBrandyVIPDined on 8/28/2013Not the restaurants fault but the 3 ladies next to us had 6 toddlers between them and they were out of control. Throwing food crawling on the neighbors table. The food was great though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fading FastJazzCDined on 8/26/2013I think the concept is great; they chose a good location but even nearly empty it is a very noisy place - conducive to drinking but not communicating. Waitress rolls her eyes and takes her own sweet time to wait the table. Becks NA beer? Really? Haven't you heard of Clausthaler regular or better yet amber? Found the food significantly over-salted and quality has not been consistent through 4 visits. I think I'm done.
- Just so-sodanfanVIPDined on 6/30/2013We eat at Boom Noodle a lot. We've had a number of pretty good experiences, and some that were less than great. The food is inconsistent. The menu changes frequently and items you love may no longer be available. That's true of a lot of places - but then the kitchen is frequently "overwhelmed" and it takes forever to get orders to the table. The service is also inconsistent. And the water sometimes smells horribly of bleach. All in all, we keep trying to love Boom Noodle but so far we're just friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentFoodie2heartDined on 6/6/2013I went for lunch on the early side at 11:30 am. The restaurant was very quiet and the service efficient. The food was really delicious. I had Pad Thai and it was very flavorful. I'll be back again next week!Special Features:
- Yum! Met two great friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2013Yum! Met two great friends here for dinner on a Friday night. We had lots to talk about so had appetizers, entrees and dessert. We never felt rushed.Special Features:
- good service, bad foodcathDined on 5/8/2013In a city filled with good Asian restaurants of all kinds, Boom Noodle serves pho and ramen in broths with little flavor, greasy tempura and mediocre food.at best.Special Features:
- Good food; great locationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2013Good food; great location (of course). But this place is incredibly loud. No, really. I mean it. I practically had to put my head on the shoulder of the person sitting next to me to hear what they were saying. Talking to the person across the table required shouting. It was actually annoying enough that I'd strongly consider making a different choice next time around. Too bad. Because the good is great.Special Features:
- Good food, great service, not cheapMomWizDined on 3/23/2013We went with a group of 10 after a kids' sports game and we had a great dinner. Our server was efficient and helpful, the food was tasty, and the big table near the windows was nice. The prices were a bit more than we'd pay elsewhere, but the overall experience was very good.Special Features:
- Your dishes are too salty!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/5/2013Your dishes are too salty! They are not healthy. We ordered Thai, Pho and soup noodle, and every one of them was too salty.
- Super short wait on tableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Super short wait on table and food, then great customer service and amazing food!Special Features:
- YumRobbertVIPDined on 2/13/2013This is my go-to spot for lunch. Pretty consistent quality and taste, although the food portions seem to fluctuate. I still love them.Special Features:
- This was our second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/16/2013This was our second visit to Boom Noodle. Our first visit was for lunch in September. We were not impressed. We decided to try it one more time before giving up. We tried it for dinner on a Wednesday night and it was great! Food was delicious and our waitress was wonderful and attentive. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Nice ambiance, awful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/20/2012The food was terrible. I had Pad Thai with chicken that had a tiny amount of chicken, and lots of inedible pieces of fried tofu that were like rubber. EEEW I won't eat here again.
- There were 3 adults and IOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/18/2012There were 3 adults and I made a reservation ahead of time and we were seated on time and everyone was very friendly. It is a bit noisy but as the night progressed it subsided. The food was excellent and the waitress was excellent. We would recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Booked table for six. ArriveddaveDined on 12/13/2012Booked table for six. Arrived a little early and table was ready within a few minutes good food and good service. We'll be back.Special Features:
- With a group of 8 we receivedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/4/2012With a group of 8 we received our food in a timely manner and were allowed to pay separately. Food was delicious!Special Features:
- I was disappointed in theDancintoesDined on 11/11/2012I was disappointed in the food. It was bland and saved by the addition of garlic to most everything. I expected something else entirely The noise level is high and there are a lot of families present at all times. It is inexpensive and a good way for kids to get a nutritious meal rather than the typical burger fare so it would appeal to young families on a budget. It's not a place I would frequent in a quest for a nice evening with friends. I'd choose Piatti or Elemental insteadSpecial Features: