102 East North Street
Leesville, LA 71446Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bookerlewisrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3372398142
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday:6:00am - 9:00am
Lunch: Monday- Friday: 11:00am-1:00pm
Weekend Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Sunday- Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef John Martinez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering is Available.
- Entertainment: Live Music and other events held next door in our pub.
A word from Booker-Lewis Restaurant
The Booker-Lewis Restaurant features world-class fare in a charming, Old South setting. The classic breakfasts and dynamic dinners are subtle creations served in a casual upscale atmosphere. The restaurant is locally known for its exquisite cuisine, intimate ambiance and attentive service.Continued
Meals may be taken in one of three dining rooms, or on the wrap-around porch of The Booker-Lewis House. Service is also available at John Beck’s Pub located next door in the Ward House.
Meals may be taken in one of three dining rooms, or on the wrap-around porch of The Booker-Lewis House. Service is also available at John Beck’s Pub located next door in the Ward House.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Booker-Lewis Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Leesville ›
Booker-Lewis Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (14)neighborhood gem (11)romantic (11)good for groups (7)great for brunch (7)fit for foodies (6)great for outdoor dining (6)great for lunch (5)notable wine list (4)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Better experienceChuckVIPDined on 9/16/2014I took some out of town guests here this week and had a really good experience. We all had seafood and it was exceptional. Everyone was happy and satisfied. Outstanding service and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChefOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Really appreciated the Chef coming out to ask if everything was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 9/12/2014Been here many times in the past and have enjoyed the food and service, but this time was very disappointed in both. Service started off well but deteriorated the longer we stayed. Ordered coffee and it took over 20 minutes to get it and then the cappacino was cold. We ordered the steak special and got a preordered frozen cooked steak. Anyone that knows steaks know this is a big NO NO from a fine dining place. Bet they got their steaks the same place that the Waffle House gets theirs. Not sure what happened to this place but for 2 people at a $100 it was a waste of money! Oh yea, the night was slow, even the server said so!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tired of giving this second chancesChuckVIPDined on 8/30/2014The last 6 times I have dined here (hope springs eternal!) I have received an either overdone or undercooked steak - both inedible. Medium done is not a difficult thing to master. The times I sent an undercooked steak back it returned well-done and tough. I'm tired of ordering a medium steak and receiving raw meat or over cooked shoe leather. Unfortunately this town has 2 choices for steak: this place or the "peanuts-on-the-floor" place down the street. Seriously, don't bother with this place if you want a steak you can eat. Go eat some peanuts or drive the hour to go to a real steak place in Alexandria. Great atmosphere, tasty mashed potatoes, gross incompetence cooking inedible raw or shoe-leather steak.Special Features:
- food portionlatinaDined on 8/15/2014Portion Was too small for prize of meals. After leaving the restaurant we were still hungry. If someone was on diet this would be a good place for them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Brunch was nothing short of incredible. We must have picked a great Sunday because one of the waitresses said it's usually quite busy but we were one of three parties there on this particular Sunday late morning. We were impressed by all of the food...nothing was delivered to the table in less than perfect condition. The waitress was attentive; our plates were cleared almost immediately and drinks refilled before we could even register that we needed refills but she wasn't overbearing or hovering. The food was simply divine. We all agreed to make brunch at Booker-Lewis a regular thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedJulyVisitorDined on 7/25/2014Celebrated a birthday with friends. Dinner was very good. Nice atmosphere. Service was great. We will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably deserves second chanceEhollidayDined on 6/21/201430th anniversary. Wanted an intimate table. Got a intimate table for two in sm rm shared by party of 10-w/several children allowed to roam at will. Hostess apologized explained there wasn't a more private table available. Disappointed but made the best of situation. Server was pleasant suggested wine and dining. Went with her wine suggestion and glad we did. Ordered stuff mushrooms and a baked Brie plate. The cheese plate came without the crustettes and mushrooms never arrived. Finally received toast. The cheese plate was very tasty. The steak ordered medium rare came medium well but it still had good flavor. Pork loin was overcooked. We will probably give them another visit before we write them off completely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Father's Day DinnerHeatherBBDined on 6/15/2014We love dining at the Booker-Lewis Restaurant. We always come here for special occasions. I ordered the 5 oz. sirloin, and it was tasty but the quality of the meat was not up to their normal standard. My steak had quite a bit of gristle in it. The staff was wonderful, though. They were very friendly and helpful (as always) and did a great job. I also appreciate that this restaurant gives a military discount; it's nice to be appreciated. We especially loved the bruschetta and the cheesecake!Special Features:
- LEESVILLE'S HIdden JemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014The restaurant was clean, relaxing, and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A treasuresj12Dined on 6/8/2014Excellent! This place has excellent food and friendly staff. There are not many choices in the area with such fresh, quality and different selections. Booker-Lewis has them all!Special Features:
- unrealiable sevicecamajbillDined on 6/7/2014Good atmosphere, small portions, bland, always some items not available and not told until other items are served and someone ends eating alone, drinks were not served until after the meal was finished. Drinks were good when available. menu was good when availbale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 130 reviews are from the Booker-Lewis Restaurant reviews archive.
- Hidden Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/22/2014This was my first time going and it was my anniversary so I took a chance. The food was amazing! The best I've had in years. I love this place and will be going back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a couple's night outCouplesDined on 5/20/2014The Booker-Lewis Restaurant is a great place for a couple to have a nice dinner alone. It's a nice change of pace, the food is great, and the prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dining Experience in TownjesscastDined on 5/17/2014It's difficult to find a decent restaurant in this town for a reasonable price. Booker-Lewis provided a romantic atmosphere, stellar service, and a truly surprisingly delightful dining experience. From the appetizers to the dessert we were not disappointed in a single bite. This is now our "go-to" spot for romantic dinners, taking visitors to a meal, a fun brunch....anything that requires a step above the loud atmosphere of the other "sit-down" restaurants in town. Our best experience in Leesville by far!Special Features:
- RelaxingGoodTimesDined on 5/16/2014We had a relaxed and enjoyable time. The food and service was good. Very nice place to eat and you don't feel like your out in a fast paced hurry up and eat place. We were able to visit and enjoy ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it :)MrMrsEllisDined on 5/8/2014Second time my husband and I have been here, and it's absolutely delicious. For the quality and quantity of food, it's not even that expensive which is a huge plus for us with a baby on the way. :) the staff is always courteous and friendly. We had the pot roast and the grilled salmon, both of which are amazing. 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SouthernBelleDined on 5/7/2014From the description on the website, I expected real creole cuisine as in something very similar to New Orleans food, but got a bit watered down version of it. The food was not well seasoned at all, everything tasted kind of bland right down to the sweet tea, only thing I enjoyed were the cannoli & creme brulee. The oyster on the oyster slider was very small, not really worth paying $4 for one sandwich of mini buns & all lettuce. Aside from the food the place was very clean, loved the atmosphere, very sweet southern romantic, the other party was a bit noisy, but I liked the place. I'm willing to go back one more time to give it another shot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not sure what to say...behappy26VIPDined on 5/3/2014i have been to this restaurant twice. and the same thing happened both times...we left early. they always seem understaffed both in the kitchen and on the floor. it takes a long time to get water and to get a drink. we ordered our appetizers and entrees. and waited. and waited. and waited some more. after 30 or more minutes, they finally they bring out one appetizer. its fine. and we waited. and waited some more. she came over once and apologized for the wait. after another 25 minutes without our second appetizer and no entrees in sight, we left. mind you this same exact thing happened before. we told the waitress who apologized and said it would never happen again, well i don't think we'll try it again. sonic it is!
- great value and foodMikeDined on 5/2/2014Great value for the quality and quantity of food. We had a bad experience with brunch, but dinner was extraordinarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Date Night Dining in LeesvilleGaryKDined on 4/6/2014The food, service, and ambiance of this restaurant were outstanding! We have lived in cities two-three times this size that haven't had a local fine dining location of this caliber. You can tell the chefs here take pride in their work. This isn't a place that puts together cookie cutter dishes. I had duck with a homemade hickory BBQ sauce that was the weekly special, and my wife had a sirloin steak with a unique Cajun dry rub. Much like the food, the service was great too. They knew the dishes, could talk wine list pairing, and was friendly while giving you your space. While this probably isn't the best place to bring your kids, at least for dinner, I think this is the best place in Leesville for date night or an adult dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice little gemChuckVIPDined on 4/6/2014This place is a little beacon of culture and civilized dining in a town overrun by fast food and carbon-copy clone Mexican and Asian places. This is a must visit establishment. The food is amazing and the wait staff is, for the most part, well above par given the quality of the local labor pool. Take your significant other there for a romantic dinner, take your business partners there for a great lunch, take your priest/ pastor there for after church brunch. It is a high quality place in a low quality town. The steaks are amazing...who needs butter and steak sauce when their salt and pepper only method is amazing! Their seafood creole is tasty and generous with the seafood. Their brunch is amazing. There is not a bad dish on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Found restaurant service excellent.PickyDined on 4/3/2014Found restaurant service excellent. Both appetizer and entrees we choose were quite delicious. Bar not skimpy on liquor. Quiet overall. Will definitely return. Happy to be able to dine in Leesville instead on longer drive to Lake Charles.Special Features:
- Hidden GemDonPDined on 4/1/2014Our first time there and will definitely return. Lovely use and preservation of an old house. Service was outstanding. Food well worth it and presentation was excellent.Special Features:
- FABULOUS BRUNCHMWRIGHTNAHMIASDined on 3/29/2014WE LOVE THIS PLACE!!! THE BRUNCH WAS AMAZING THE SHRIMP AND GRITS WERE TO DIE FOR! GREAT SERVICE AND WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE AS ALWAYS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightLynnDined on 3/21/2014We had a wonderful time on a double date with friends...good food, drink, service, and company. Thanks Chef John!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!JillianDined on 3/13/2014We have been to The Booker Lewis several times. We order something different each time and have never been disappointed. Great service, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly ServiceOnawhimDined on 3/3/2014Friendly Service - Great food - Timing and Quality of Service Mediocre - needs improvement, main course took an unusually long to be served and one of our friends did not get his 2nd drinkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedRalphyDined on 2/28/2014Booker Lewis has a welcome feel when entering,however the service was very slow not due to our server who was also our greeter he seemed to be the only person who had ambition. however our food was acceptional. Also very affordableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/28/2014Ther server was new so I wasn't too upset by her being slow and forgetful. Food is always amazing.Special Features:
- Forget where you are...brieflyMechSapperDined on 2/15/2014Charming multi-room restaurant with a four-room B&B upstairs. It's an old house redone, but enough of the original is left to enjoy the feel. Charming and quaint and welcoming. Staff was friendly; server knew the menu well and even laughed at my puns. Well done. I ordered the Ribeye, med-rare, salt/pepper rub with the daily vegetable, a squash/pea/carrot mix which was quite good. My steak was PERFECT. Not just good, not pretty good, perfect. A good cut of beef needs nothing more than a bit of salt and pepper, and then some fire. That is exactly what I had Saturday night. Best steak I have had at a restaurant in several years. Excellent food, great staff, nice ambiance, and the hotel option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romantic small town dinnernonabelleDined on 2/14/2014We booked for Valentines night, at about 3 weeks before the holiday and when booking there was only 5pm and earlier or 8pm and later. And much to our surprise we were seated exactly at 8pm then live music started. The booker lewis house had a special valentines menu and allowed for substitutions. The food is always amazing and the staff is so friendly and caring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As AlwaysMrandMrsSemDined on 2/14/2014Several visits confirms that everything is always excellent. You can't go wrong with 'Surprise Me, Chef' selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Valentines MealDinner81Dined on 2/13/2014We received good service and our food was delicious. Our appetizer was a little small but it tasted good. Overall good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantfoodieDined on 2/8/2014Booker-Lewis is a wonderful place to dine and enjoy great food in a town that does not have any restaurants to speak of. It is a hidden jewel in older plart of Leesville, La., Staff and chef is great and they always treat you special. It is a miracle that this place exists in this part of country. It is the only place we dine at in town for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I highly recommend this "special place" it is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Partyagr8hpbbyDined on 2/5/2014I have found an excellent place to dine within a short driving distance. Gone are the 50 to 75 mile drives to dine in a nice restaurant. The menu is quite varied so everyone's taste buds should get satisfied. Wait staff was very professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2014Food and service was great as always. We love this restaurant and will eat here frequently. It's a nice change from the noisy restaurants. There was a rather noisy table of 4 that seemed to want everyone to hear their conversations. We have only eaten dinner here but would love to try their breakfast. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants a nice, quiet dinner.Special Features:
- Amazing foodCassieDined on 1/29/2014Went to booker lewis house for our anniversary and the wine was great and the food was delicious!!! I recommend anyone in the area to check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/26/2014We recently had a gift certificate for Sunday Brunch and the whole experience was really great. The food was excellent. The waitress was very informative, helpful and a great waitress. I have recommended your restaurant to others for Sunday Brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerJohnDined on 1/20/2014This was an Anniversary dinner for my wife and I. This was not our first time to dine at this restaurant, to the contrary we had been there twice before. That was exactly why we drove from another town to enjoy this special dinner at Booker-Lewis. And, we were not disappointed. Once again the service, atmosphere, and food was exceptional as always-maybe even better. We travel extensively and this restaurant ranks with the finest we have visited. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.