Boogaloo - St. Louis
7344 Manchester Rd.
St. Louis, MO 63143Neighborhood:
CreolePrice: $30 and under
Boogaloo - St. Louis
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.boogaloostlouis.com/
- Phone: (314) 645-4803
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Saturday 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday & Friday: 4:00pm - 10:50pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:50pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Cuban, Creole
- Executive Chef: Dan Powers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer catering for both large and small parties. Menus can be designed from our menu or customized to your tastes.
Please contact Justin Reed at 314-645-4803 to make arrangements.
- Entertainment: We have live music on select Tuesday and Wednesday evenings, a live Reggae Band on the last Friday of each month from 10 pm till close and DJs every Friday and Saturday from 10 pm till close.
Please check the events page at boogalooswings.com to see current listings
A word from Boogaloo - St. Louis
Located in downtown Maplewood we are a fun, casual restaurant and bar featuring Cuban/Creole/Caribbean cuisine served both as Tapas and Large Plates. We have a fun, eclectic aesthetic with alligator skin wall paper, murals, beautiful mirrors and chandeliers and our signature swings at the bar. We serve a full selection of drinks with our specialty Mojitos and Caipirinhas as well as wine, bottled beer and 10 beers on tap.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Boogaloo - St. Louis - Best Restaurants in Maplewood ›
Boogaloo - St. Louis reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (23)fit for foodies (12)good for groups (12)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (7)great for lunch (7)special occasion (3)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Great for Latin FoodtrinitiVIPDined on 11/14/2014I love the tapas! The red pepper plantains and the BBQ shrimp are some of my favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night at Boogaloo!lookingforyummyDined on 11/8/2014Really great vibe when we walked in. Fun, casual, eclectic mix of diners. The bar has swings! Server was prompt, friendly, knowledgeable - just right. Loved the cocktail menu - so many good sounding choices. Decided on caiparinas (sp?) and was not disappointed. Delicious crawfish cakes appetizer - served super hot, crispy outside, fresh & yummy inside. Jambalaya and cajun shrimp pasta where outstanding! Tempting to finish them both, but servings were very big. Decided to forego dessert, but the list had some really tasty sounding items (next time.) All in all, a new favorite spot for us! Honestly, will be back this weekend.Special Features:
- Solid, but not spectacularchris58Dined on 11/1/2014So we had the spinach and artichoke and the crab empanadas. The spinach ones were flavorful and on both the pastry was crisp and good. The crab ones were too fishy. The Cajun shrimp were fine, but not as spicy as the menu implied, which was a disappointment. The blackened chicken alfredo was just average and not very flavorful. The spicy margaritas were delicious. They need a heavy curtain over the door in the winter because every time someone came in, we got a cold blast. Swing seats are cool and the wait staff was friendly and impeccable. solid but not spectacular is my overall impression.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014First time at Boogaloo and glad we tried it. Great atmosphere and service was excellent; server very attentive and helpful with food recommendations. All dishes from menu were delicious especially jambalaya and fried hearts of palm. The nightly special (braised pork over polenta) was the only dish that fell short on taste; otherwise, everything was excellent. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spicy, but gooooood!JerryVIPDined on 10/25/2014First time visiting, and we'll be back! We both enjoyed our food, but be careful in regard to hot foods. I enjoy spicy foods, but my wife is a little less able to eat them. She had a blackened fish special that tasted great, but a little too hot to finish. Take a minute to ask about the heat, and I think you will not have a problem.Special Features:
- enjoyed my eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014i've been here before and i loved it last time. food was good,, unique and the drinks were great. a great atmosphere and the waitress was amazing. thank youSpecial Features:
- Good food and good serviceRJMenonDined on 10/10/2014I went in on a Friday evening with my girlfriend. Since I had made a reservation, I was seated immediately, though I don't think I would have had to wait too long if I had walked in. The place is pretty spacious and can accommodate quite a few people. I can't be the best judge on the noise level of the place because there was a group of about 20 people sitting next to our table and they were, let's just say having a good time :) Inspite of being very crowded, the service was pretty quick. We go our appetizers first and then our entrées. I say this beacause in a few places I've been, beacause of the rush, service was rushed and all food was brought out at the same time. That isn't good! Finally, the food was very good and I would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boogaloo_Sep24VegasTimVIPDined on 9/23/2014Had some of the tapas items and a small spinach salad. The salad was very good. The plantains were excellent, and the shrimp dish with the biscuit was very good as well. Nice beer selection as well.Special Features:
- Makes me smile....JeffVIPDined on 8/30/2014I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about Boogaloo makes me smile. We've been there several times, initially on a whim, and subsequently because it's always awesome. The food is always spot-on, and the casual ambiance just makes it kind of like home...except we don't have a bar with swing seating. Any time we need a sure thing, my wife and I go to Boogaloo...Special Features:
- Great FindSTLMANDined on 8/23/2014I got lucky on this one. The noise level was good, the food was great, the service was excellent, the drink options are awesome, and the menu offered great options. There was something for everyone. I would highly recommend this to out of town guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive Food oxidized wine.esprssobneansDined on 8/20/2014I thought the food was expensive for two dishes I make better in my own home - ribs and ropa viejo. The empanadas were not great or the filled potato patties which I thought were uniquely Cuban. I took a friend from France and was disappointed - over $80. Also the wine was oxidized. I wanted to show my friend something great for St. Louis and it it was really mediocre. Las Palmas next door is very good and I should have taken her there.
- ExcellentMSM2014Dined on 8/6/2014We had an attentive waitress who was very good -- did not rush us, offered great suggestions, answered questions and was prompt and courteous. The food was quite tasty and in good quantity.Special Features:
- GNOMomof2girlsDined on 8/4/2014Fun time for girls night out. Food was fabulous. Any restaurant with swings at the bar has got to be fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findGoodVidesDined on 7/26/2014Saturday night I Googled Jamaican restaurants and Boogaloo came up and I was not let down. Just driving to the location was great. But walking into Boogaloo's was great!!! I thought the bar was really classy and the service was great. The food was good, but the vibe of the restaurant was Outstanding. I will be going back soonSpecial Features:
- The following 244 reviews are from the Boogaloo - St. Louis reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2014The restaurant appeared to be geared to a younger crowd that enjoyed a hang out for friends. I was looking for a family setting where we could celebrate a birthday in a special way. They were able to offer us our own private spot but I had a young child and the atmosphere of was a little too bar originated and t not clean. The child kept getting into things that were filled with dust.Special Features:
- always enjoy the menu & crowd hereoutnaboutDined on 7/12/2014Thanks to Kelly (our server) for a great night! She took good care of us. Drink options from the bar were awesome and food was exactly what we enjoyed & expected from earlier visits. Hope to visit again soon!Special Features:
- Noise Level Spoils Pleasant SpotBARSTLVIPDined on 6/27/2014I really liked the food at Boogooloo. It is Cuban/Caribbean inspired and very well done. I especially liked the Cuban shredded pork dish and a couple different preparations of plantain. The service is fast and friendly, and I was delighted to find a place open after the Opera. (It's convenient to Opera Theatre, the Rep, etc. But the noise level almost ruins it all. Therevis little to damped the boozy voices, and when things quieted down a tiny bit, that was taken as a cue to start blasting annoying music through a PA system. If the noise were toned down, this place would be a gem
- Friday evening respiteFishyDined on 6/27/2014After a long week, Boogaloo was a treat for Friday evening dinner. Lighting was low and the place was lively and eclectic (check out the ceiling-hung 'swing' seats at the bar!). We were given a choice of seats, seated promptly and water glasses came shortly thereafter. The waitress was friendly, attentive and helpful with the menu. My friend chose the Cubaniche and I went for the Chicken-Andouille Gumbo with a Caesar Cubano salad to keep it light. Both were delicious. Cocktails were yummy (Cucumber Mule?) and refreshing. I can also recommend the Jamaican Johnny Cakes from a previous visit...scrumptious!Special Features:
- All of the food is good!RedappleDined on 6/13/2014If you enjoy bold taste in your food, Boogaloo is the place to go. There specialty drinks are yummy as well. I give them 5 stars on food, drinks, & service. Great place for date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome but for some reas0n...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014This is the 3rd time we've ordered the crab empenadas as a starter and the 3rd time they've been forgotten. I'm starting to think they don't actually exist... Other than that we always have a wonderful experience and the food is incredible.
- Special evening with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014We met at Boogaloo and had a wonderful evening. It worked for everyone pallet. The appetizers (wings, BBQ shrimp) were delicious and the entrées wonderful. I have the special prime rib - my husband the blackened tilapia - my friend is vegan and she had the amazing Johnny Cakes!! We had 2 of the desserts- Bread pudding and Creme B. All the food was wonderful. The Sangria was delicious too!!! We were able to visit at length and catch up. The bar stools are swings and I wanted to try them- next time. We went early - 5:30 so it was not crowded but it was packed when we were leaving so make a reservation.Special Features:
- This is the second time thatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014This is the second time that I've celebrated my baby here. I love this place, I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening with the FamilyBruceTexasVIPDined on 3/22/2014Nine of us gathered at the Boogaloo in Maplewood. We spanded the ages of 23 to 82. The menu is very flexible so everyone had an opportunity to find something they would like. Tapas and the Entrees were equally well done, I will be back with 2 or more in the future. New room for dessert as the portion size was large.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maplewood classicKito3987VIPDined on 3/20/2014Diverse menu. You can do tapas style, or sandwiches, or big entrees. Drinks are yummy. Sitting on the swings at the bar is fun.Special Features:
- ShareablesH82cookDined on 3/14/2014We shared a number of appetizers and salad. It was a great lite dinner. Loved the swing bar stools and decor. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- go for the ribsssjagmanVIPDined on 3/8/2014went back as my wife loved the ribs. she loved them again. Don't forget the plaintains, they are the absolute best in the city. Nice waittress staffSpecial Features:
- Delightful Caribbean cuisineIsabelDined on 3/8/2014I went with a friend from Miami who eats spicy Caribbean quite a bit and she loved it. The roast plantain appetizer was awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 18th birthday celebrationKarenDined on 3/8/2014We took our daughter there for her 18th birthday. They were extremely accomodating and made us feel right at home. I love the variety of food they offer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place! Fun funky foodKT8648Dined on 3/8/2014Great place! Fun funky food items. Very unique place with super service. Love the veggie burger!!Special Features:
- Enjoyable evening. Went midSmofokateDined on 3/4/2014Enjoyable evening. Went mid week and it wasn't too crowded. Had 5 small plates between the two of us and left full. Will definitely be back to try the entrées.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Swinging my worries awayBuskiDined on 3/3/2014Besides the great food and drinks, sitting at swings at the bar was really cool. It felt more cozy and relaxing as well as nostalgic since how many of us actually go on swings any more. It is a great idea to replace the regular bar stools or chairs with swings. The bar itself really gave me a New Orleans vibe with the Mardi Gras decoration left over. It was a great spot to get out of the typical Saint Louis bar and experience something a little different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, seating not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014Food was great, we were seated right away as we had a reservation. The waitress was very good, knew the menu and the stock menu well. Good experience, but the seats were not. We sat in the right hand side of the restaurant in the seat made from an old Cadillac. I was constantly bumped into by staff and guests throughout the night. There isn't enough room to pass between tables. If you're seated here ask to be moved and your night will be much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, energetic atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014Boogaloo is a favorite bar spot in Maplewood with a great drink selection, but the food is the hidden gem here. Great service, great selection and a series of enticing tapas dishes and entrees make this a spot to frequent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tapascrc1150Dined on 2/15/2014Reviewed the menu in advance and was sure we'd be ordering entrees. Opted for tapas instead once we were seated and had no regrets! Interesting selections and all were very well prepared. Service was very good. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Perfect Valentines dinner!EasilyAmusedDined on 2/14/2014Drink menu was delicious. Rose on table was a nice touch. Food was EXQUISITE. I HIGHLY recommend the jerk chicken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steakOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014Went for Valentines. food was great. Steak was excellent. Service was OK. Love the bar swings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BoogalooElizaGDined on 2/14/2014This place was perfect for Valentines day and other occasions. They had a 4 course menu to choose from for the occasion or you could choose anything off the menu. They gave us a rose upon sitting at the table. I loved the bar seats, they were swings. Very unique atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We visited on Valentine'syomomma111Dined on 2/14/2014We visited on Valentine's Day. We had reservations that we made two weeks in advance. They lost our reservations, but fit us in. Not unsurprisingly, we waited a good while for everything - it was Valentine's Day. My wife ordered the special and I ordered jerk chicken dish. My wife's portions were really small even though her item was a 4 course meal and came with a hefty price. My entrée was a lot bigger and good, but we felt a little cheated. Our dinner total was over 90.00 and we were somewhat disappointed. It is a fun spot nonetheless with a very lively atmosphere. The food is not worth the cost though
- It gets points for tryingArcadianDined on 2/14/2014boogaloo strives to create ambiance and carve out a niche. it is basically a large bar, with a fringe of dining tables and some ho-made artwork on the walls. Dark and cold and understaffed. If that's your thing, go for it.Special Features:
- OK for loud party scenericciDined on 2/8/2014Food was good but service only so so. Server seemed frustrated with runner help, no one seemed to know what tables the food needed to go to. Service seemed very overwhelmed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.