287 Exeter Road
Hampton, NH 03842Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.crstherestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6039297972x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - 11:30 a.m.- 2:30 p.m. Lunch - 4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Monday - Thursday - 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Friday - 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Saturday - 11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Lunch - 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chris Veatch
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: CR's The Restaurant hosts both luncheon and dinner events at the restaurant. The Private Tuscan Dining Room is available for your special event or corporate function. The Tuscan Room will comfortably seat 45 for an elegant sit down dinner or up to 55 for a cocktail party. The entire restaurant can also be booked for larger events of up to 180 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Holly Sault 6039297972x
A word from Bonta
Classic American Fare with an eclectic twist and a Farm to Table consciousness. Expansive and Unique Wine by the Glass list with Local Craft Beers on Draft and an impressive Cocktail List.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bonta reviews from OpenTable diners
- I am very comfortable hereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/23/2012I am very comfortable here and love the food. It's a bit disappointing that they are still using the spring menu. They need to change it up a bit.Special Features:
- Very disappointed Bonta didDebCDined on 3/10/2012Very disappointed Bonta did not credit my Open Table points because they claimed their Open Table account was not working. However, I had no problem making a reservation with them through Open Table. Very suspicious of their comment.
- This was a terrible experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/22/2011This was a terrible experience. The sort that remains with you for a long time. We waited for 90 minutes for our entrees...some were overcooked, some had been microwaved beyond recognition, some were cold. There was obviously a war going on between the front of the house and the kitchen. The owner was embarrassed and begged us to return. The other couple in our party gave it another try. That was a mistake.
- Not bad for a restaurant that'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/25/2011Not bad for a restaurant that's in the middle of nowhere. Went there for Restaurant Week, feed was decently priced and presented.Special Features:
- Our party of three arrived2finedineVIPDined on 1/22/2011Our party of three arrived at 5:15 for a 5:30 reservation. We were shown to a table next to the door, even though the restaurant had only two other parties seated. We asked for another table, because it was cold and I was chilled, but we were told all the other tables were reserved. We left about 7:45 and there were at least 8 tables for four that no one had been seated at while we were there. The hostess wasn't very pleasant and even though we have dined at Bonta numerous times, she made us feel like special treatment (common courtesy) is reserved for regulars. Our server, however, treated us well and we enjoyed the food.Special Features:
- food was great. service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/24/2008food was great. service was awful (especially for a christmas eve dinner with family). wont be returning for christmas eve dinner this year.
- The building is great, vibrantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2008The building is great, vibrant bar scene, however the food needs improvement. There is too much emphasis on sauces and needless attempts to improve classics. For example, the Caesar Salad comes with balsamic drizzled over it, which overpowers the classic Caesar taste. Both meat dishes also came doused in sauces. The taste of the filet, potatoes, and carrots, all tasted similar because of the excess sauce. Perhaps this is traditional New England cooking, however if any big city steak houses did this, there would be a revolt.Special Features:
- I really loved the whole experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2008I really loved the whole experience except for the desert. I had the peach gallete and it was fair at best. My wife had the cheese cake and it was better but not on par with the rest of the meal. They have cookies that are baked fresh but take 20 minutes to cook and we were never told about them ahead of time so we could get them in a reasonable amount of time. If they improve the deserts this place will be an excellent all around. Thanks, Don LambSpecial Features:
- Always a wonderful culinaryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/7/2008Always a wonderful culinary event! Food, staff and atmosphere are all a pleasureSpecial Features:
- Terrific restaurant in a surprisingOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/6/2008Terrific restaurant in a surprising location. We were heading up to a concert in Hampton and really enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:
- We loved Bonta. We went toOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/2/2008We loved Bonta. We went to have a quiet evening with good food and were not disappointed. Our waitress and busboy were good, but not particularly warm and friendly unless we engaged them in conversation. I highly recommend the food, but would skip dessert as it was not anything special although they look lovely.Special Features:
- It is really a great restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/1/2008It is really a great restaurant. If you looking for a place to do business or impress a date, Bonta fills the bill. Always a pleasure.Special Features:
- Great place for a specialOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2008Great place for a special dinner. Will recommend to friends.Special Features:
- My main course wasn't as goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2008My main course wasn't as good as prior meals here. Overall, our server was a bit out of it, but still, it was a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- We went to Bonta to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2008We went to Bonta to celebrate our 1st anniversary...the service was impeccable and the food was fabulous. Somehow we felt like the only two people in the restaurant. We would highly reccommend for dinner for a special occasion. But we also enjoyed the bar for a drink before dinner and would return for a more casual dining experience at the bar on a non-celebratory occasion.Special Features:
- Outstanding service and food.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2008Outstanding service and food. We will certainly be back.Special Features:
- consistently great food andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2008consistently great food and always a pleasure dining at Bonta.Special Features:
- Upscale look and feel to theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/22/2008Upscale look and feel to the restaurant. Our waitstaff was very friendly and attentive. Prices were higher than we would normally pay but we knew that before we went because of their online menu. We know couples that go their frequently and we would definitely go back.Special Features:
- staff was VERY rude and putOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2008staff was VERY rude and put a damper on our special occasionSpecial Features:
- I had heard a lot of goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/1/2008I had heard a lot of good things about Bon-ta, but had not tried it until the other day. ALthough the menu is on the pricier side, the food was well worth the cost. I had salmon with pesto potatoes which was prepared to perfection and was delightfully tasty. My wife had the scallops (four large scallops). The service was outstanding. A great high-end restaurant for the Seacoast. I highly recommend it. I did notice a large number of people in the bar area, many having pizzas. I did not check it any further, but this appears to be a vibrant area for lighter fare.Special Features:
- We did not like the fact thatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2008We did not like the fact that we were seated seemingly at the front door. The restaurant lacks a formal dining entry. Our table was right at the front door and in front of the hostess stand. We sort of felt that we never "got in" much past the hostess desk. The experience was just ok...not quite the fine dining experience we were looking for.
- Wonderful service, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/26/2008Wonderful service, great food and an outstanding host!Special Features:
- Bonta is the BEST restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/18/2008Bonta is the BEST restaurant the Seacoast and surrounding areas has to offer. You can never go wrong dining at Bonta. We go every chance we get.Special Features:
- Our favorite restaurant inOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/14/2008Our favorite restaurant in the area. Food is always great and the service is excellent (very attentive, but not smothering). On the occasions that they have shellfish on the appetizer menu, I have never had better (mussels, long-necked clams, etc). Highly recommend Bonta.Special Features:
- Great restaurant! ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2008Great restaurant! Service was not as attentive as usual, but still very good. Fillet was very good, not as outstanding as in the past.Special Features:
- Have been to Bonta a numberOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2008Have been to Bonta a number of times and we are never disappointed, everything(food, service and ambiance) about Bonta is wonderful. We brought friends for their first time and I know they'll be back. Jay CuticchiaSpecial Features:
- Both members of our diningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2008Both members of our dining party ordered the halibut entree, and both pieces of fish were overdone. The food in general fell short of expectations.
- Always a great place to haveOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/5/2008Always a great place to have business dinner ThanksSpecial Features:
- Awesome flawless service,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/31/2008Awesome flawless service, our waitress was very professional. The food was so tasty, fresh produce and the portions were the right size. Great wine list and if you like cheese, the cheese plate is a must! We had a wonderful time and will return!Special Features:
- The service was what reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/24/2008The service was what really shined here - Nicole was a friendly, attentive server without being overly so. Food was fantastic but the prices seemed steep for certain items. Great atmosphere, very cozy. We will be back for our next special occassion.Special Features:
- This was our second dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/24/2008This was our second dinner at Bonta. The food is well prepared and just the right portions. The service is excellent and it is just an overall excellent place for dinner..We will definitely go back again..Special Features:
- Food far exceeded expectations.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/20/2008Food far exceeded expectations. Loved the half-portion option. Service was impeccable.Special Features:
- after 4 or 5 memorable mealsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/10/2008after 4 or 5 memorable meals there-- this one was just ok--walked away dissapointed after spending big moneySpecial Features:
- food is consistantly excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/7/2008food is consistantly excellent. we have been 4 times and every time we got 5 star tastes. service is prompt and friendly.Special Features:
- awesome service, terrificOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/3/2008awesome service, terrific food, very nice clientele, all were very attentive for my husband's birthday.Special Features:
- As always, a fabulous diningOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/26/2008As always, a fabulous dining experience....a personal favorite and special restaurant for my Wife and I.....Special Features:
- We were very pleasantly delightedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/24/2008We were very pleasantly delighted with our evening at Bonta. Did not know what to expect and everything was excellent. We will return!Special Features:
- My husband and I thought ourOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/11/2008My husband and I thought our experience overall was very good, and we have no complaints. However, we feel as though we have had the same quality food and atmosphere at other restaurants (in Portsmouth, NH as well as Boston), without such high prices. Most likely, we would not go back because it is also out-of-the-way. In Portsmouth or Boston, there is the opportunity to take a nice walk after the meal and Bonta does not offer that. We drove back to Portsmouth to go a martini bar after dinner. I am glad that we tried it, because the menu appealed to us and the food was good. Just over priced.Special Features:
- We had reservations for 8pm.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/29/2008We had reservations for 8pm. They took us at 7:30 which was not a problem but I did request the table next to the fireplace which they told me was booked. We left at around 10pm and no one was sitting at that table. My only suggestion would be to anyone that wants that table is that you request it when you make your reservation.Special Features:
- We had a very good diningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2008We had a very good dining experience and very good service. The menu was a bit pricey for the location. We would definitely recommend it to others.Special Features: