Bonnell's Fine Texas Cuisine
4259 Bryant Irvin Rd.
Fort Worth, TX 76109Neighborhood:
Fort Worth Cultural District & TCU
SouthwestPrice: $31 to $50
Bonnell's Fine Texas Cuisine
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bonnellstexas.com/
- Phone: (817) 738-5489
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: `11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Wild Game
- Executive Chef: Jon Bonnell
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Bonnell's offers full-service custom catering for events from two to seven hundred people. Bonnell's will create a specific menu just for your event, and will also arrange for all service and rentals.
- Private Party Facilities: Consider hosting your next business lunch or elegant dinner in Bonnell's private dining room. Offering fine Texas cuisine in a relaxed upscale setting, our classically trained chefs and professional staff are equipped to accommodate all of your private dining needs. Bonnell's private dining room is completely self-contained and is the ideal venue for corporate entertaining, rehearsal dinners, cocktail receptions, holiday parties, or family celebrations. Bonnell's private dining room seats up to 48 guests comfortably, and with independent sound and lighting, the room can be fully private, if desired, with drawn curtains. Created to extend the exquisite offerings of our award-winning restaurant, Bonnell's private dining room offers an elegant and welcoming Texan ambiance.
- Private Party Contact: Jenevieve Croall 8172318827
A word from Bonnell's Fine Texas Cuisine
Bonnell's Restaurant has earned the awards of "Top Restaurant," "Best Southwest Restaurant," and "Best Chef" by Fort Worth, Texas Magazine; "Best Chef" and "Best Restaurant" by FW Weekly, and "Award of Excellence" by Wine Spectator. Certified Texas organic beef, wild game, and fresh gulf seafood are the star performers of Bonnell's. Each dish exhibits creativity and innovative tastes with a blend of Southwestern, Creole, and Mexican influences. Fine Texas Cuisine, as defined by Chef Jon Bonnell, is a blend of regional flavors and cultures, combined with local ingredients that make Texans proud. All of the venison, quail, wild boar, beef, ostrich, chicken, fish, oysters, shrimp, cheeses, and fresh herbs served at Bonnell's come from the great state of Texas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Bonnell's Fine Texas Cuisine - Best Restaurants in Fort Worth Cultural District & TCU ›
Bonnell's Fine Texas Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (103)fit for foodies (69)romantic (58)notable wine list (56)neighborhood gem (39)good for groups (23)great for lunch (14)hot spot (8)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Loved the placeTexanPleasureDined on 11/8/2014Far exceed expectation. I will be back! Will recommend to all other I hear venturing to Ft Worth.Special Features:
- First experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Food was very good. Knew the prices of meals before arrival, but surprised at price of coffee & charging extra for salad. Needs a pinch more fluff.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2014Met all our expectations. as usual. Bonnell's Always makes you feel special in a low key way.Special Features:
- Business lunchJDSLonghornDined on 10/31/2014By far the best place in Fort Worth to have a business lunch. The service is always professional and courteous. The food is excellent. You can actually hear the conversation with your guest and it always feels like you have some privacy. And did I mention the professionalism of the wait staff?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First datecharlesDined on 10/25/2014Wonderful experience. Filled with Romance and great food. Andrew our server, is absolutely fantastic! A must for any lover of the TX experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- game and much more!midwoodguyDined on 10/25/2014Always try to get here when in Ft. Worth. Great food and service. Lots of different game choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENTESKIMORAYDined on 10/25/2014The waiters were friendly knowledgable, prompt service. The manager checked on us and mentioned our anniversary. The food was fresh not frozen and very tasty, We received a complimentary desert due to our anniversary.. Very romantic and I heartly recommend it.Special Features:
- Great Comfortable Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014What a wonderful surprise, heard the stories and finally had the chance to go... A very good meal and even the not-so-expensive wine was outstanding... ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Special NightJustice1ADined on 10/25/2014Our family dined here on my Husband's Birthday and we were very pleased. They congratulated my husband when we arrived, and prepared a little celebratory dessert for him after the meal. The atmosphere is lovely and quiet, the wine selection extensive, and the food is unique and extremely well prepared. It IS expensive (figure $100+ ea on average), but worth it if you want an elegant evening with fine food. The service was good, however, our server could have been a little more friendly. Over all, it was a lovely evening.Special Features:
- A Fort Worth Gemjakepilot1Dined on 10/24/2014This restaurant has been a local favorite for several years. The décor is "cowboy", the music is "cowboy" and the food is wonderful! With your first meal here, you will look forward to your return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not live up to expectations.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I took my wife here for our 12 year anniversary. While the food and ambiance were very nice, the service was lacking and often absent. I had to rearrange our evening plans from the table, as the slow service became exaggerated throughout the experience. From the time we ordered, to the time we were served our entree was in excess of 1.5 hours, and we received 1 refill on our drinks. After rushing through our meals, we had to flag down our server for the check, and were not offered the complimentary desserts that I was informed of during the reservation. Again, the food was up to par, but due to the service and an almost $200 bill, we will not be returning. I will be going elsewhere when dinning in Ft. Worth in the future.Special Features:
- 1st time not last timeHungrymanDined on 10/18/2014This was our first experience at Bonnell's and will not be our last. The location is easy to find, parking is a non issue and we were greeted promptly. Although the room we were seated in is one large room it is divided off nicely and the noise level was low so conversation is easy. If you like wine the list is extensive. The menu has offerings for most and if you like wild game there are some tasty options. My wife and I enjoy fresh produce so we chose the tomato salad which paired well with our meal selection. There were selections on the menu we both want to try and the service was top notch so we will visit again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014The food is excellent at Bonnell's and they offer both standard and unique menu items. It is a popular location as the restaurant and the bar were both very busy. I would recommend Bonnell's to anyone wanting a fine dining experience.Special Features:
- Stick to the menu!WildBillDined on 10/15/2014Bonnell's was a great place to celebrate our anniversary! Our four-course meals with wine cost over $200, but everything we ordered from the menu was outstanding - worthy of top shelf pricing! Best Caesar salad ever! Shrimp and grits, venison, and sampler dessert were all excellent! We also enjoyed the special efforts to recognize our anniversary. The drops from top level were on the special of the day appetizer (Buffalo Wings-spiced frog legs) and ribeye entree. Where the menu items had shown mild infusions of flavors, the spicing on the specials were "hit you over the head" heavy! Maybe these recipes reflected the off-night chef rather than Chef Bonnell?! We will be back - and will stick to the excellent menu offerings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/11/2014Experience was fantastic. We were brave and took our two kiddo's to dinner (4&2). We were hoping to get a seat at the bar, thinking that would be less disturbing to customers there. They ended up seating us in the dining room, which is a bit more formal and less casual than the bar area. We were a little worried how the night would go. Thankfully it went well. Server was fairly new to the restaurant, and he was very personable, knowledgable, and had a great attitude. Food was great Service was great Had a great time. Will come back with kids (would still prefer to sit at the bar area, you never know with the kids.Special Features:
- Wonderful Anniversary CelebrationgehoustonDined on 10/8/2014The wife and I chose Bonnell's for our anniversary dinner because we had never eaten here before and had heard all about it. I will say what a wonderful experience! I made reservations and noted on reservation it would be an anniversarty dinner. We arrived at the reservation time and were thanked for coming and celeberating with them. We were seated immediately. Our server was Alice. She greeted us with congratulations. She was wonderful throughout the entire evening. Couldn't have asked for a better server. The wine and food were perfect. We tried the meat and cheese sampler. I had the pepper crusted buffalo and the wife had the red snapper special. Cooked to perfection! Quiet, romantic ambiance. Highly recommend! Well worth the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointednotatxanDined on 10/3/2014Right from the greeting from the hostess to the wait staff you feel like a valued customer with a very friendly and very knowledgable staff. Our drink order was taken and served right away and our water and drink glasses were always full. The appetizers were delicious and also brought to the tables in a timely manner. The food was delicious as well with a nice presentation and served perfectly from our delightful waitress. This restaurant has some of the best and most unique meals in the area along with a nice selection of deserts to end our dining experience. This is a wonderful place to celebrate everything from sweethearts wanting a romantic evening to friends getting together for a superb meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!jbeeDined on 9/27/2014I had looked at the menu from home and frankly, nothing really jumped out at me as something I had to try. When we got there, we found that there was a special, four course chef's selection that sounded wonderful. It was excellent!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kangaroo specialTomKellyArlingtonTXDined on 9/26/2014Not everyday that you're offered Kangaroo.. So, I went for it. It was OK, interesting, flavor was similar to the Reindeer I had in Finland. but kinda tough. Oh, well. Got a good story. Everything else about Bonnell's was great.Special Features:
- My favorite!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014Bonnell's is my very favorite restaurant in the metroplex!!! Everything is always over the top!!! Only thing I have a suggestion about is that large groups need a separate room because they tend to get loud. We were having a special birthday celebration and a couple of elderly ladies in our group had trouble visiting because of our proximity to the large group. Brandon, our waiter, was so nice as well as being so competent and professional!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TimmyVIPDined on 9/13/2014Our entrees, lamb rack, flounder and antelope, we're outstanding and paired with unique, interesting sides. Bonnell's is well worth a visit. Only a couple of minor negatives: the Wine list was a bit pricey (2.5x Costco price) but not excessively so. Service could have been more attentive-our water glasses were empty twice.Special Features:
- Excellent!LMP82Dined on 9/13/2014Nothing but good things to say about Bonnell's. The food is outstanding every time we visit. The service is impeccable. My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary, and they sent out complimentary glasses of champagne to start... nice touch! Really love this restaurant!Special Features:
- DuffyDined on 9/13/2014Our server was very knowledgeable and very professional. The food was delicious. The wine was wonderful. The customer service was better than excellent. Come to find out we were our servers first customers, however it did not show. The confidence, knowledge, and appeal Chad has will guarantee we will request him in the future.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014Service was disappointing, and food delivery was slow. There were several mix-ups with our orders, culminating with one of our party receiving the wrong entree. We were told the replacement correct entree would be delivered within 10 minutes - it was more like 20. We won't be back.
- Amazing!go2bonnellDined on 9/12/2014Bonnell's is fantastic, both the food and service are first class. I had the filet, it was divine and the poblano cream sauce was perfect with it. You can't do much better in north Texas. Joel was our waiter, he is spectacular.Special Features:
- Food Was ExcellentSDJ2615Dined on 9/6/2014The food was absolutely excellent as always, but the service was lacking considerably. Misplaced appetizer orders, water glasses sitting empty for fifteen - twenty minutes (it was the only thing this person was drinking and she had to ask for her water to be refilled on three separate occasions), and had to ask a second time for other drink refills. The server was a very nice gentleman who seemed overwhelmed however I could not tell you why as we seemed to be his only table. (He had two other tables when we first sat down, but they were checking out). We were comped an appetizer and that was very generous, but for the type of restaurant this is you shouldn't be saddled with bad service. We will be back because again, the food is excellent.Special Features:
- Great as always!WillTXDined on 9/3/2014We had another wonderful dinner at Bonnell's. We shared the elk mini tacos (our favorite) and then my wife had the cocoa rubbed filet and I had the September only special menu with oysters, a duck salad, and lamb chops and redfish with a pudding sampler to finish. It was all wonderful and the service was excellent. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Bonnell's reviewTrishDined on 8/30/2014Awesome people and quality Food! The food was top notch! Our seating hostess was so friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBlizzardDined on 8/26/2014We were seated next to 5 loud men who were inconsiderate of others around them. Our waitress asked us if we were mother and daughter and we are both 40. Our food was bland and not yummy.
- Best meal in DFWHungrytexanDined on 8/26/2014Best Food in DFW period. Its as if Angels hand picked food from heaven and placed it in your mouth. Tons of flavor without too much spice. Good sized portions even the butter will amaze, better than grandmas home made corn bread, and the buffalo is a must try. Food so good you'll dream about it. Service top notch with a touch of southern charm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it, Hated itFtwroperDined on 8/23/2014I really loved the decor and food for restaurant week. My girlfriend hated it, the food that is. She ordered the quail dish, and I ordered prime rib. She ended up with half my steak as she disliked the quail, the slaw and grits patty that came with it. Those ended up on my plate. I guess my verdict is it is not a chic place, as its focus is wild game. My only complaint was the noise level. Way too high to call it romantic. Had a group of 12 seated next to us, and I guess they thought they were at a sports bar, loud and classless. The waitress asked if we wanted more coffee. We could not even hear her despite her asking us 3 times! So I won't even say this restaurant is close to romantic. Overall service was attentive, not pushy.Special Features:
- Pretty Near PerfectCookings4SpclOccassionsDined on 8/23/2014I've had Chef Bonnell's food before, so I knew I would be pleased, but this was my first time dining at Bonnell's. The grilled quail was moist and tender, but the star was the grit cake. Crunchy outside with a warm and creamy inside. I highly recommend it. The only minor issues would be that the cherry on top of the Chocolate Amaretto Cake had too much alcohol and there wasn't a Moscato sold by the glass. They ask that you silence your cell phone, which I love, but with the noise level, you may not hear it anyway. It wasn't overly noisy, but just not as quiet as I anticipated. At any rate, as I said, those were minor issues. I will very much return to indulge again and have already told many people to check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Texas food!TexasvisitorDined on 8/23/2014This is a great place to take out of towners. The menu has selections that they won't get in many restaurants. The redfish is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinoDined on 8/23/2014Food was not very hot and Prime Rib was very fatty and too smoky. Salad was very plain. Waitress checked on us just once, took too long to settle the bill then when she dropped it on the table without a word.Special Features:
- awesome nightGirlsNiteOut2Dined on 8/23/2014Restaurant week was awesome at Bonnells. The food was excellent , 3 of our party got the Prime Rib and the fourth the Qual. Portions were healthy and the food was hot and wonderful. The dessert was fantastic too. will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014They were very accommodating, we arrived early during restaurant week and they were able fit us in.Special Features:
- Online findJohnDined on 8/22/2014We were staying the night on Bryat Erving and was thinking about going into Ft Worth for dinner, however my wife found this resturant on line so we decided to try it out. I made reservation through Open Table and it was the most memorable dinner that we have had lately. The food was deleasous with many new dishes we had not eaten before. The service was wonderful and the wine list was endless. I would recommend to friends that may going to this area. ItSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding dinnerFoodloverDined on 8/22/2014We went here for restaurant week however we did order from the regular menu. We had the Texasfeller oysters which were delicious as always; have also had them at Waters. I had the heirloom tomato salad which did not look appetizing; it was swimming in the balsamic dressing however it also was delicious. For the entree we had the pepper crusted buffalo tenderloin which was cooked perfectly as we're the grilled asparagus and truffle pomme frites. All in all it was a fabulous dinner. Will be going back.Special Features:
- DisappointingRDRoDined on 8/22/2014Disappointing - had higher expectation than what was delivered
- bonandbonnieappetitDined on 8/21/2014We had a lovely evening with an exceptional Restaurant Week Menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.