Bonnell's Fine Texas Cuisine
4259 Bryant Irvin Rd.
Fort Worth, TX 76109Neighborhood:
Fort Worth Cultural District & TCU
SouthwestPrice: $31 to $50
Bonnell's Fine Texas Cuisine
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bonnellstexas.com/
- Phone: 8177385489
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: `11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Wild Game
- Executive Chef: Jon Bonnell
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Bonnell's offers full-service custom catering for events from two to seven hundred people. Bonnell's will create a specific menu just for your event, and will also arrange for all service and rentals.
- Private Party Facilities: Consider hosting your next business lunch or elegant dinner in Bonnell's private dining room. Offering fine Texas cuisine in a relaxed upscale setting, our classically trained chefs and professional staff are equipped to accommodate all of your private dining needs. Bonnell's private dining room is completely self-contained and is the ideal venue for corporate entertaining, rehearsal dinners, cocktail receptions, holiday parties, or family celebrations. Bonnell's private dining room seats up to 48 guests comfortably, and with independent sound and lighting, the room can be fully private, if desired, with drawn curtains. Created to extend the exquisite offerings of our award-winning restaurant, Bonnell's private dining room offers an elegant and welcoming Texan ambiance.
- Private Party Contact: Jenevieve Croall 8172318827
A word from Bonnell's Fine Texas Cuisine
Bonnell's Restaurant has earned the awards of "Top Restaurant," "Best Southwest Restaurant," and "Best Chef" by Fort Worth, Texas Magazine; "Best Chef" and "Best Restaurant" by FW Weekly, and "Award of Excellence" by Wine Spectator. Certified Texas organic beef, wild game, and fresh gulf seafood are the star performers of Bonnell's. Each dish exhibits creativity and innovative tastes with a blend of Southwestern, Creole, and Mexican influences. Fine Texas Cuisine, as defined by Chef Jon Bonnell, is a blend of regional flavors and cultures, combined with local ingredients that make Texans proud. All of the venison, quail, wild boar, beef, ostrich, chicken, fish, oysters, shrimp, cheeses, and fresh herbs served at Bonnell's come from the great state of Texas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bonnell's Fine Texas Cuisine - Best Restaurants in Fort Worth Cultural District & TCU ›
Bonnell's Fine Texas Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (109)fit for foodies (68)romantic (58)notable wine list (53)neighborhood gem (42)good for groups (23)great for lunch (13)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- My favorite!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014Bonnell's is my very favorite restaurant in the metroplex!!! Everything is always over the top!!! Only thing I have a suggestion about is that large groups need a separate room because they tend to get loud. We were having a special birthday celebration and a couple of elderly ladies in our group had trouble visiting because of our proximity to the large group. Brandon, our waiter, was so nice as well as being so competent and professional!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TimmyVIPDined on 9/13/2014Our entrees, lamb rack, flounder and antelope, we're outstanding and paired with unique, interesting sides. Bonnell's is well worth a visit. Only a couple of minor negatives: the Wine list was a bit pricey (2.5x Costco price) but not excessively so. Service could have been more attentive-our water glasses were empty twice.Special Features:
- Excellent!LMP82Dined on 9/13/2014Nothing but good things to say about Bonnell's. The food is outstanding every time we visit. The service is impeccable. My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary, and they sent out complimentary glasses of champagne to start... nice touch! Really love this restaurant!Special Features:
- DuffyDined on 9/13/2014Our server was very knowledgeable and very professional. The food was delicious. The wine was wonderful. The customer service was better than excellent. Come to find out we were our servers first customers, however it did not show. The confidence, knowledge, and appeal Chad has will guarantee we will request him in the future.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014Service was disappointing, and food delivery was slow. There were several mix-ups with our orders, culminating with one of our party receiving the wrong entree. We were told the replacement correct entree would be delivered within 10 minutes - it was more like 20. We won't be back.
- Amazing!go2bonnellDined on 9/12/2014Bonnell's is fantastic, both the food and service are first class. I had the filet, it was divine and the poblano cream sauce was perfect with it. You can't do much better in north Texas. Joel was our waiter, he is spectacular.Special Features:
- Food Was ExcellentSDJ2615Dined on 9/6/2014The food was absolutely excellent as always, but the service was lacking considerably. Misplaced appetizer orders, water glasses sitting empty for fifteen - twenty minutes (it was the only thing this person was drinking and she had to ask for her water to be refilled on three separate occasions), and had to ask a second time for other drink refills. The server was a very nice gentleman who seemed overwhelmed however I could not tell you why as we seemed to be his only table. (He had two other tables when we first sat down, but they were checking out). We were comped an appetizer and that was very generous, but for the type of restaurant this is you shouldn't be saddled with bad service. We will be back because again, the food is excellent.Special Features:
- Great as always!WillTXDined on 9/3/2014We had another wonderful dinner at Bonnell's. We shared the elk mini tacos (our favorite) and then my wife had the cocoa rubbed filet and I had the September only special menu with oysters, a duck salad, and lamb chops and redfish with a pudding sampler to finish. It was all wonderful and the service was excellent. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Bonnell's reviewTrishDined on 8/30/2014Awesome people and quality Food! The food was top notch! Our seating hostess was so friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBlizzardDined on 8/26/2014We were seated next to 5 loud men who were inconsiderate of others around them. Our waitress asked us if we were mother and daughter and we are both 40. Our food was bland and not yummy.
- Best meal in DFWHungrytexanDined on 8/26/2014Best Food in DFW period. Its as if Angels hand picked food from heaven and placed it in your mouth. Tons of flavor without too much spice. Good sized portions even the butter will amaze, better than grandmas home made corn bread, and the buffalo is a must try. Food so good you'll dream about it. Service top notch with a touch of southern charm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it, Hated itFtwroperDined on 8/23/2014I really loved the decor and food for restaurant week. My girlfriend hated it, the food that is. She ordered the quail dish, and I ordered prime rib. She ended up with half my steak as she disliked the quail, the slaw and grits patty that came with it. Those ended up on my plate. I guess my verdict is it is not a chic place, as its focus is wild game. My only complaint was the noise level. Way too high to call it romantic. Had a group of 12 seated next to us, and I guess they thought they were at a sports bar, loud and classless. The waitress asked if we wanted more coffee. We could not even hear her despite her asking us 3 times! So I won't even say this restaurant is close to romantic. Overall service was attentive, not pushy.Special Features:
- Pretty Near PerfectCookings4SpclOccassionsDined on 8/23/2014I've had Chef Bonnell's food before, so I knew I would be pleased, but this was my first time dining at Bonnell's. The grilled quail was moist and tender, but the star was the grit cake. Crunchy outside with a warm and creamy inside. I highly recommend it. The only minor issues would be that the cherry on top of the Chocolate Amaretto Cake had too much alcohol and there wasn't a Moscato sold by the glass. They ask that you silence your cell phone, which I love, but with the noise level, you may not hear it anyway. It wasn't overly noisy, but just not as quiet as I anticipated. At any rate, as I said, those were minor issues. I will very much return to indulge again and have already told many people to check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Texas food!TexasvisitorDined on 8/23/2014This is a great place to take out of towners. The menu has selections that they won't get in many restaurants. The redfish is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinoDined on 8/23/2014Food was not very hot and Prime Rib was very fatty and too smoky. Salad was very plain. Waitress checked on us just once, took too long to settle the bill then when she dropped it on the table without a word.Special Features:
- awesome nightGirlsNiteOut2Dined on 8/23/2014Restaurant week was awesome at Bonnells. The food was excellent , 3 of our party got the Prime Rib and the fourth the Qual. Portions were healthy and the food was hot and wonderful. The dessert was fantastic too. will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014They were very accommodating, we arrived early during restaurant week and they were able fit us in.Special Features:
- Online findJohnDined on 8/22/2014We were staying the night on Bryat Erving and was thinking about going into Ft Worth for dinner, however my wife found this resturant on line so we decided to try it out. I made reservation through Open Table and it was the most memorable dinner that we have had lately. The food was deleasous with many new dishes we had not eaten before. The service was wonderful and the wine list was endless. I would recommend to friends that may going to this area. ItSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding dinnerFoodloverDined on 8/22/2014We went here for restaurant week however we did order from the regular menu. We had the Texasfeller oysters which were delicious as always; have also had them at Waters. I had the heirloom tomato salad which did not look appetizing; it was swimming in the balsamic dressing however it also was delicious. For the entree we had the pepper crusted buffalo tenderloin which was cooked perfectly as we're the grilled asparagus and truffle pomme frites. All in all it was a fabulous dinner. Will be going back.Special Features:
- DisappointingRDRoDined on 8/22/2014Disappointing - had higher expectation than what was delivered
- bonandbonnieappetitDined on 8/21/2014We had a lovely evening with an exceptional Restaurant Week Menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary mealdahle60Dined on 8/20/2014It's been awhile since we've been to Bonnell's. This time, the food was very tasty and served in decent portions. As is typically the case, the food was slightly over-seasoned. This can mean lots of water needed through the night to dilute the sodium. Our waitress was very good and appropriate. I think we would come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cloneejitDined on 8/20/2014Excellent standard of food - innovative, well prepared and presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why did I wait so long?OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/16/2014I have been wanting to try this place for nearly 10 years. I finally got to try it during restaurant week. I was not disappointed one bit. We ordered from the set menu as well as from the usual menu. The shrimp and grits was the best thing! I'm not much of a grits fan but I was in love with these. A friend of mine ordered the Elk steak which was so tender and delicious. Everything we had was cooked to perfection. The service was good and the ambiance was comfortable. I will definitely plan to return.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceBigdempsDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I joined another couple for dinner at Bonnell's last Saturday evening and had a great time. The reservation was ready and we were seated immediately upon arrival. The timing on the service of food was perfect, with just enough time for everyone to finish that course and have a minute or two of conversation before the next course arrived. The food, itself, was excellent! Everything was cooked to perfection, seasoned so well that no one ever touched a salt or pepper shaker, and so flavorful that we are still talking about it and planning our next visit. Add to all this the fact that the owner, Mr. Bonnell, himself, stopped by our table to see how everything was going and you have a night to remember!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!Sharing123Dined on 8/16/2014I highly recommend Bonnell's! We dined with a couple of friends, the food was delicious, the service was outstanding. It is a perfect place to go & enjoy your meal. The ambiance is very nice for conversing. The owner/chef comes by your table & ask if you are happy with your meal & asks if there is anything else you need. It is not often that you find a place with EXCELLENT FOOD as well as EXCELLENT SERVICE! Definitely Recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sister's BirthdayOldManTexDined on 8/16/2014Life interrupted our plans for the big six -o party but after a three year delay, we made the party a reality at a place sister had never been. And she was thrilled. The food was great, the ambiance perfect, her two brothers and her daughter all around the table. The buffalo was as tender as a beef-filet, the culinary connoisseur spouse's halibut perfect in her mind. And we all made a beautiful memory and knew how happy our late mother was looking down on her loved little brood still together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedjcoolDined on 8/15/2014During Restaurant week, our experience has been that most restaurants of this caliber put their best foot forward. I sincerely hope this was not Bonnell's best foot. They had no rare or medium rare prime rib (and our seating was at 6:15). Vegetables were ordinary. The trio of deserts were not exceptional. The worst surprise came when we tried to pay our bill with gifted debit cards. The waitress took one look and said those won't work. We asked her to try. She was back too quickly to have tried very hard with the same report - they won't work. So we used our credit cards and left on a sour note. We later learned from another restaurant worker that the cards have to be run as credit cards, which she did not bother to find out.Special Features:
- Restaurant week lunchIrishlassDined on 8/15/2014The choices very limited. Meat too smokey for my taste. Server made error on charge for lunch, charged double. This was corrected. Doubtful I will return.Special Features:
- Restaurant Weekneenine18Dined on 8/13/2014Me, my boyfriend and another couple went to Bonnell's for restaurant week. The options they had available for restaurant week were varied. We had the smoked Prime Rib which was really good as were the horseradish mashed potatoes they paired with it. Our service was great. She was attentive but not hovering. The dessert trio was great! Just the right amount of sweets.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014Our favorite restaurant. Food is consistently wonderful and service is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch!!!FoodiesweareDined on 8/12/2014We visited Bonnell's during restaurant week and enjoyed the smoked prime rib and blackened drum. Both were excellent and the dessert sampler was wonderful, but the tres leches creme brûlée was a standout!!! We highly recommend and will return!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aslin48VIPDined on 8/12/2014Bonnell's just seems to find ways to continually improve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service and atmosphere.pamplppDined on 8/12/2014We had the Rib Eye and Quail which both were delicious!!! The fried grits was wonderful, like the fried avocado we had last year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jasmineroseDined on 8/12/2014Dining is always excellent! While my husband chooses the wild game, I go for the fresh seafood - often Texas freshwater fish. I am a big fan of the chipotle grits and flourless chocolate cake with amaretto. Most of the wait staff has been there for years. Sheila is suberb. The atmosphere is southwest classic. Always my "go to" place when I want a fine meal. Lunches are special too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cdromDined on 8/12/2014Delicious! And a bonus that it was Restaurant Week in Fort Worth -- which we did not know about until the waiter told us about it.Special Features:
- Mouthwatering delight!BrittDined on 8/9/2014My expectations were exceeded. Great quality service even higher quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous ExperienceakrkgtDined on 8/8/2014We took my father to Bonnell's for his birthday. It was excellent! Not only was the food excellent, but the service was impeccable. If you go before December, be sure to ask for Berenice. She is awesome!! This is not the place to go if you are on a tight budget, but, for special occasions, the experience is well worth it!Special Features:
- Great Fort Worth IconBlindLemonTXDined on 8/6/2014I hosted visitors from France and Brazil (party of 3) at Bonnell's on a recent weeknight. Both were impressed with the food and ambiance. I had the butterfish as an entree and a fish gumbo to start. The butterfish was prepared and presented perfectly. Service was attentive and helpful, but never abrupt or intrusive. A wonderful evening at a wonderful place.Special Features:
- Great food and service!chirodineDined on 8/6/2014We were celebrating my wife's birthday, and could not have picked a better place to dine. Barbara was our server/waitress. She was so much help in choosing appetizers and entrees to suit our tastes. Will definitely go back...and ask for Barbara again.Special Features: