4 rue Lubin Brin
Gustavia, Saint Barthélemy 97133Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilovebonito.com/
- Phone: 00590590279696x
- Hours of Operation:
Opens at 6pm
Open everyday during high season
Closed on Wed during low season.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, French
- Executive Chef: Chef Laurent Cantineaux
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Late Night, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), View, Wine
A word from Bonito
Alexandra, Alicia, Jonas, Juan-Carlos and Laurent welcome you to Bonito! Bonito is a freshly renovated venue with unique French-Latin cuisine and a great view over Gustavia Harbour.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bonito - Best Restaurants in St. Bart's ›
Bonito reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelEnergetic
scenic view (6)romantic (4)vibrant bar scene (4)fit for foodies (3)great for outdoor dining (3)special occasion (2)hot spot (2)notable wine list (2)good for groups (1)neighborhood gem (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- One of the topKajollDined on 8/8/2014everything its above the average of restaurants in St. Barth. Outstanding decoration Great views Great Food Really good service If you are visiting Saint Barth its a mustSpecial Features:
- OutstandingAmazingDined on 7/14/2014This was our second time at this restaurant and we love it. The chef is amazing! The staff is friendly and treats you like you are royalty. The DJ plays a wonderful mix of music.Special Features:
- The following 50 reviews are from the Bonito reviews archive.
- Beautiful BonitoLaMaDined on 4/27/2014This is consistently one of the best restaurants in St. Barths. Located above Gustavia harbor, it has a beautiful romantic view of the town, and the food is consistently excellent. We enjoyed both the shrimp ceviche and the crispy tuna ceviche appetizers, followed by sharing the angus beef for 2, which was a perfectly prepared and presented piece of meat, and was so large that we had to pass on dessert. Although pricey (as is all of St. Barths - it is part of the experience!), Bonito is good value. We have been there many times and it never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ohh, the sea bass!LuvtheseabassDined on 4/24/2014Everything was just outstanding! Service, atmosphere, it is absolutely one of our top favorites on the island. Did I mention the sea bass? My husband had the mahi mahi which was also wonderful but I will dreaming about the sea bass until next time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Harbor ViewJcpc21Dined on 3/29/2014We were here for Bucket Race week-end so everything is very crowded but Bonito seated us right on time, service was impeccable. We shared the 36 ounce rib eye, perfectly seasoned and grilled to our exact request. We will return, an excellent restaurant, well run.Special Features:
- One of the best ST Bart's places foMtd3206Dined on 3/26/2014Location,view,staff,chef and food met and exceeded our expections!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful SettingRstaryDined on 3/26/2014We enjoyed this open air venue with a gorgeous view of the harbor. The sailboats below accented the scene with their lighted masts. The sea bass was exquisite and the vibe from within was the perfect setting that made this an extra special meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You cannot go wrong at BonitoRSMMathewsVIPDined on 3/13/2014This is one of our favorite places to dine anywhere in the world. The view is spectacular and the ambience is exquisite. The food is top rate with service to match. It just would not be a visit to St. Barth without an evening at this wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another splendid evening at BonitoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/12/2014we enjoyed our March 12th meal at bonito so much we booked again for the following week march 20th to celebrate a birthday with friends who have never been to St. Barts before. If you go to one restaurant while you are on the island, this should be it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no question no answerMikeDined on 3/8/2014We were not asked how the entre was after serving. rWhen the plates were taken they asked. Too late. Tuna was boring and very disappointing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bonito simply the best on St. BarthOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/7/2014Delicious food and excellent wines! The view is wonderful and the service is top notch! A must while in St. BarthSpecial Features:
- Hillside gem with a beautiful viewBlackjackDined on 1/18/2014A delightful location and one of the best restaurants on St. Barth. Spectaulor views of Gustavia Harbor with outstanding food and wonderful, friendly service.Special Features:
- Everything was fabulous. TheJulieDined on 12/27/2013Everything was fabulous. The food, the setting, the service, the atmosphere! We loved it and went back a second time in the space of 5 days! Special mention for the chocolate tart ;-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!StBarthFanDined on 12/24/2013Food was fantastic as always, but it was very busy and the service suffered. Only complaint - ordered cocktails and they were so full of ice that there was barely any drink in it. 2 sips and gone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely restaurant & excellent foodhoneymoonDined on 12/20/2013We were on our honeymoon in St Barts and ate here on a Friday night. The food was excellent and it was very romantic with a lovely view of Gustavia harbour. Waiters were polite and friendly without being intrusive. This was one of the best meals we had whilst eating out in St Barts and I would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth Every PennyMUPTVIPDined on 12/17/2013We visited while stopping in St Barths from a ship. The restaurant is relatively close to harbor and has a delightful view even at night. Appetizers and main courses were fresh and inventive. Wines by the glass were very nice. Easily the best meal we had in the Caribbean this trip. Deserts were delicious and not overpowering. Priceas are as expected in St. Barths but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Bad Table SelectionSlatsVIPDined on 11/30/2013The food was excellent as usual but we were seated next to a family with two children playing video games and then a bunch of cruise ship passengers who wondered if the menu was in dollars. We just expect more when spending that type of money.Special Features:
- bonito . ambience to die fornec78Dined on 11/12/2013Fantastic restaurant . Lighting music and decor all combine perfectly to create the perfect ambience.great menu and equally good food. Had the best champagne cocktail I've ever had.probably overall one of the best restaurants I've ever been to including our hometown of London.Special Features:
- Exceptional evening at BonitoHoneymoonersDined on 11/11/2013We are Australian and were recently travelling on our honeymoon in St Barths. We are foodies and this restaurant was exceptional. I have described the sea bass as the best sea bass I have eaten. The evening was a highlight of our month holiday. From the lychee loves coco cocktail to the perfect scenic view this restaurant exceeded our expectations and our expectations were high. Booking was seamless and staff aimed to make our night special.Special Features:
- Sunset dining at bestDocjuanDined on 7/6/2013Perched on a hill overlooking Gustavia harbour, with a fair number of tables right on the balcony, this restaurant is the perfect spot for a sunset drink before dinner. The setting is magnificent, the decor elegant, the service attentive, the food iexcellent. Everything is in tune with this beautiful island. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot spot with a matching priceFrankDined on 7/1/2013This place comes across really cool. The room has a great feel and the people were great. The longer you stay, the more you realize it is a night-spot with pretty good food - not great food, masquerading as a restaurant. The stealth dance-floor hidden by comfy couches, the DJ rig, the flirty drink titles and most of all the price. This place was good but way over priced considering the choices on the island, especially for seafood. Would I return? Only if the food and price were to match.Special Features:
- Bonito is the restaurant ofOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/27/2013Bonito is the restaurant of refined perfection in every way found by us in the stunning paradise of St Barths. Our wife and my daughters (15 & 6) along with me had an unforgettable evening. The food , wine, ambiance, and the staff were par excellence! A special thanks to the sommelier for the great wine choice and also to Juan Carlos who made every effort to exceed our expectations including a Cuban cigar to satisfy my desire. The culture and outstanding aesthetics of Bonito are a joy and easily permeate every aspect of this lovely gem in Gustavia. We will be back next year:) Thanks for the memories!!! Au Revoir, ShankarSpecial Features:
- Best restaurant in St. BarthsCristinaDined on 3/23/2013Everything about Bonito is perfection from the food to the service to the view. A definite must! The sommelier is amazing!Special Features:
- Good food - Not such great service!jwachDined on 3/19/2013We found the food very good and the staff not particularly professional. We showed up on time, the restaurant was not full and it took much to much time to seat us. When we were finally seated, the wait staff appeared to be preoccupied with each other rather than concentrating their attention to the patrons. It took a long time to receive the food from the kitchen and once it arrived, our waiter disappeared and never came back to ask if everything was OK, which it was not. We will not return to Bonito nor will we suggest the restaurant to friends.Special Features:
- Bonita continues to set the pace.RSMMathewsVIPDined on 3/13/2013Absolutely hands down the best meal we had on our 10 days on St. Barth. Everything is spot on from the service to the view to the wonderful food, beautifully prepared and art directed to a T. As with everything on St. Barth, it doesn't come cheap but this meal was not our most expensive - leave that to Pacri and Santa Fe -- but by far the most perfect evening of all.Special Features:
- Sunset over Gustavia HarborOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/6/2013Excellent location with great sunset outdoor dining views. Food was outstanding, both their specialty (ceviches) and well-executed impressive main entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plus: Beautiful setting, popularOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/2/2013Plus: Beautiful setting, popular venue, excellent food and service, easy to make reservation. Minus: small portions, no moderate priced wines by the bottle.Special Features:
- Service has deteriorated greatlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/1/2013Service has deteriorated greatly in recent years. We been several times since opening,and have spent many large meals there with many friends, but they have been getting progressively lazy in their service, and attention to what good service means in a proper high-end, St. Barth's restaurant. Food is good, but not worth the prices they are asking--overpriced-even for St. Barth's. Only the Sommelier appeared to be putting in any effort, with good recommendations, and helpful information, while the wait staff and managers were not engaged in much of anything. It was a Friday night, and they were not understaffed, but definitely not interested in maintaining the reputation of a previously great restaurant.Special Features:
- beautiful dining with a greatAndersKDined on 2/28/2013beautiful dining with a great view, charming and very professional service, innovative and very tasty food - so all in all a great place for dinner!Special Features:
- Bonito is a fabulous restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/21/2013Bonito is a fabulous restaurant. I still love it even after the second time. Service, ambiance, food , scene and crowd are the best in St Barth’s.Special Features:
- While our service was poor,KWHSVIPDined on 2/21/2013While our service was poor, it was largely due to the table next to ours which got all the attention. Seems when you sit next to a Russian tycoon that is likely to happen. At least we were in the right place...Special Features:
- Bonito disappointed us thisOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 2/14/2013Bonito disappointed us this year. The view is wonderful if you can get one of the seats overlooking Gustavia. The decor is beautiful. The sommelier enthousiastically recommended the "drink of the day". I KNOW better - shame on me - it was 28 euros. Food was fine but far from amazing. We will probably skip Bonito next year.Special Features:
- The food was amazing! OneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013The food was amazing! One of the best restraunts I have eaten atSpecial Features:
- Very good food, very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/28/2013Very good food, very good service, but outdoor dining was accompanied by very strong odor of sewage. It wasn't the restaurant's fault, but ruined our dinner, which was expensive
- We chose it for the location.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/24/2013We chose it for the location. It sits on a hillside in Gustavia with great views of the harbor. The interior is nicely decorated as well. We are very used to the high prices in St. Barth but were shocked at the wine list. We could not find a bottle of wine for less than $100. The food was also very high priced. I chose a ceviche and salad while my husband had the risotto. The spiny lobster salad had 4 very thin slices of lobster tail, far too little to be called a lobster salad. All of our dishes were loaded with salt. The next day we were comparing restaurant choices with another couple and they had the same experience. Too much salt. Chef needs to modify recipes and wine prices need to get more realistic.Special Features:
- We go there every year inStBarthFanDined on 12/23/2012We go there every year in St. Barth and it never fails to please! Fantastic as always!Special Features:
- Food was fabulous, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012Food was fabulous, service was fabulous. Amazing meal all round. Perfect for a romantic dinner setting without being pretentious. 100 % must do in st Barths.Special Features:
- Made open table reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/8/2012Made open table reservation one month before arrival. Requested specific table. Request approved. Visited restaurant 5 days prior to reservation and confirmed reservation and table guaranteed. Upon arrival, informed that table promised to another and not available to us as twice promised. After vigorous complaint, given table. Sommelier offered wine suggestion. Uninformed that there was a charge for his services. "Wine suggestion" service charge of 50 euro added to bill. Never charged anywhere ever before for this service. Will not return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great restaurant! Great peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/4/2012Great restaurant! Great people watching. Definitely a st barths must!,Special Features:
- Decor was my favorite otheOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/29/2012Decor was my favorite othe island...staff was great..food could be better if they just stop oversalting it. They salt it and then finish it off with the flaky sea salt. The desserts were disappointing except the fruit with sorbet.Special Features: