Bongos Cuban Cafe Orlando
1498 E Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830Neighborhood:
Lake Buena Vista
CubanPrice: $30 and under
Bongos Cuban Cafe Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bongoscubancafe.com/
- Phone: (407) 827-8018
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM, Friday - Saturday: 4:00 PM - 12:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Cuban
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Live Band Fridays & Saturdays staring at 9:00 PM
DJ Wednesdays & Thursdays from 7:00 to 11:00 PM
A word from Bongos Cuban Cafe Orlando
International Superstars Gloria and Emilo Estefan invite you to Bongos Cuban Cafe the Entertainment Highlight of Downtown Disney! Here you can relax and enjoy Authentic Cuban Cuisine in a surrounding that marries the sizzle of South Beach & the Glamour of Cuba in the 40’s & 50's. Inside are two floors of dining room below towering ceilings and surrounded by tiny glass mosaic tiles that make up classic images of Cuba and its cultural icons. Outside Terraces overlook surroundings waters and the lively happenings of Downtown Disney. With two full bars inside a 75-Foot tall, illuminated Pineapple, and a third bar outdoors, captivating the island-life surrounding, all of Bongos makes for the ideal night out, full of cocktails with loved ones & music that will make you "get on your feet", feel the rhythm that is "gonna get you"and shake your body and do the "Conga"!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Bongos Cuban Cafe Orlando - Best Restaurants in Lake Buena Vista ›
Bongos Cuban Cafe Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (59)hot spot (54)special occasion (50)vibrant bar scene (42)late-night find (40)kid-friendly (36)great for outdoor dining (32)fit for foodies (29)scenic view (20)great for lunch (19)romantic (17)neighborhood gem (17)great for brunch (6)notable wine list (4)Show More
- Great Experience at Bongos.JillyPDined on 11/13/2014Had a reservation and requested to be seated near entertainment. We were seated right away and directly in front of the stage. All of the staff was VERY friendly and accomodating. The ambiance was great - lively & loud (which we didn't mind at all!). Great live music and dancers!! Kept my 2 small kids entertained for the whole meal (which is priceless!!). Overall food was good-very good but the experience made up for anything the food may have lacked. Flank steak, pork and cuban sandwich were all very good. Chicken dishes were a little dry/bland. Kids menu was typical kid friendly fare and was very good. We would definitely return and recommend! Lots of fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uncooperative ManagerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/8/2014We were seated at a booth on the back side of the bar and in view of two (of many) televisions. We requested to put a certain football game (FSU, ironically) on one of the televisions and were told by the manager that another diner had beat us to the request and would be allowed to watch his game until he left. Oh, and all of televisions were required to be not he same channel. Seems odd that in a crowded restaurant only one football game could be watched and that the games couldn't at least be switched between the two. We won't return and will spend our $380 elsewhere.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/7/2014The ambiance was very nice. The food and drinks were very good. The service at the table was not good. We left and went to another night spot after the waiter put the check folio on the table without asking if he could get us anything else.Special Features:
- Excellent!JoeCoolDined on 11/7/2014We enjoyed our dinner and entertainment at Bongos! From start to finish the food, service and atmosphere was wonderful. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Live music was niceBryanDined on 11/4/20143 of us has different courses. The Plantain Cup w shrimp appetizer was quite good. We all found the entrées to be okay but a little bland. The tropical drinks from the bar were excellent. The entertainment (a live guitarist and ambience music while he took a break) was very good but the noise level had us shouting across the table to hear one another. A pretty nice dinner overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bongos for Cuban Farecchris29Dined on 10/26/2014What a great experience and unexpected surprise! Love this place will be back!Special Features:
- Great for special eventsmeli864Dined on 10/25/2014I went to Bongo's with a group of about 12 people and we all had a great time. The food was good and the live music was great. I would have to say that around 10pm they were still play in slow songs which I thought was odd. Also the extra table on the dance floor was really awkward. The man in charge of the dance floor made me feel like I was being chaperoned. I hope that the extra table was just a one night thing because service there must have been difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disney funDisneyfun1Dined on 10/25/2014We were a party of 7 grandparents, kids and grandkids! We had a blast and ate some awesome cuban food and HuGE drinks loved it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great non-Disney prop. restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 10/24/2014It was a great non-Disney property restaurant. We could have used our dining plan there, but it was our last day so did not. The food was very good and they serve a lot of it. So, be prepared. The music was a little loud inside during the dance performance, so be prepared for that too.Special Features:
- Great Cuban foodLuv2dineVIPDined on 10/24/2014I love the the tostones ... my favorite! Food was very tasty there soup also yummy...Special Features:
- Not as Good as it Used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014My friend and I had each won a $50 gift certificate for Bongo's at an event and used it on 10/23. The Good: Entertainment (dancers, live band) was outstanding. The band and dancers are very talented and put on a great show. The Bad: Our server was not very friendly or attentive. She only really served us drinks and desserts and our section wasn't very busy. The food has gone downhill too. We each ordered the sampler, which has pork, beef and chicken. The pork was good, the chicken was so dry I had to drown it in sauce and the beef I didn't finish due to the strange texture and taste. Will probably not return, except for late night drinks perhaps.Special Features:
- Recommended!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014This place is amazing! We were a party of 5, all cubans, and the food was cuban all the way. We just waited 20 minutes for the food. The waitress was really nice and even though she wasn't latina, she understood everything we asked for in Spanish, which is a big plus. The arroz con leche was to die for. The drinks too. Overall it was a great night. Bongos is nicely decorated and prices are affordable. We spent around $160, but for 5 people, having food, drinks and dessert at a nice place, I think is very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown Disney Must-DoBobbyODined on 10/19/2014Whenever we come to WDW, we make it a point to stop at Bongo's for dinner. The food is consistently delicisious and authentic! The atmosphere sets the mood for vacation - it screams party! Our son loves the dancers and the music. It does get a little loud, so if you're looking for a quiet intimate dinner, this isn't the place. This is the place to laugh out loud and swing your hips a little!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- McQadVIPDined on 10/18/2014Very interactive and fun with large portions. Our server was very nice and was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good!BongosfanDined on 10/18/2014Bongos is one of my favorite restaurants in Orlando. The food is good and so is the ambiance. You completely forget you are in downtown Disney. Although it is a little pricey, the portions are generous and the drinks are excellent.Special Features:
- Good for a taste of CubaDocMJDDined on 10/16/2014Overall, this was a very nice dinner. It was a business dinner, but we were able to enjoy the scene and entertainment. It was not the best Cuban food I've had in Orlando (Cuba Libre wins that award), but it was very good and the meal was worth the cost. I would not hesitate to return.
- Great entertainment; ok foodloveCubaDined on 10/15/2014Loved the decor and ambiance at Bongos. The band and dancers were amazing and created a fun, party atmosphere. Service was great but, unfortunately the food was average. The Ceviche was great but the entrees (chicken breast and vaca frita) were dry. Fun place for entertainment and drinks but not so much for food.Special Features:
- Great FoodsutzDined on 10/15/2014Food is always outstanding, and service excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bongo's was rocking@CaNewbiesDined on 10/12/2014We were able to seat 18 people at the very last minute, with help of exceptional wait staff. The food was very authentic and I had a lot of first-time items to select from. Tamales were amazing , as was the skirt steak. Those who ate the paella loved it, too. The wait staff was superlative---all in all it was memorable, fun, filling and thoroughly enjoyable from start to finish.Special Features:
- great comboBeboDined on 10/11/2014If you want a latin place where you can dance and eat at the same time. This is the place to go in orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/5/2014The live music was good and so were the drinks we ordered. We were disappointed in the food. Everything we ordered was overcooked and not much flavor.
- Extremely disappointedsmith0425Dined on 9/30/2014I made a reservation at bongos for my manager's birthday. I thought it would be beneficial to make a reservation since the last and only time I ate there, it was nearly a 3 hour wait time. However, my previous experience was so amazing despite the wait that I figured it would be a great place for a birthday celebration. Unfortunately, this time the service was HORRIBLE. It was very embarrassing because I spoke highly to all my coworkers about this restaurant and convinced several of them to make over an hour drive to eat there. There was one server for 14 people and she could not keep up. To top it off, they would not accept our WHO hospitality discount card even though it is clearly listed in the booklet.Special Features:
- rafaelVIPDined on 9/26/2014After having confirmed reservations for 10 for 7:15 and arriving at 7:10, told to wait another 20 min for our table. At 25 min of waiting , asked about our table and was met with a blank stare of "uhh"! Sent my wife across to Woufgang Puck and they accommodated our party before Bongo's beeper went off. Stayed at Woulgang Puck and had a great dinner. Second time it happens in 1 month. In August though it was a very busy night but this past weekend, well…. Don't think we will be eating there anymore.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/19/2014Very good all the way around, very loud, but looks like people were having funSpecial Features:
- Fabulous PaellaMinnieVIPDined on 9/14/2014We had the Seafood Paella that was not only great but the presentation was also beautiful.Special Features:
- Great ambience, kids friendlyjormillanDined on 9/12/2014We had a great time at Bongos (4 adults, 3 kids). The excellent service, delicious food and the warmth atmosphere were outstanding.Special Features:
- great foodjaneDined on 9/12/2014flavors were very good. I had arroz con pollo which was excellent. My friend had pork and rice which was also very good. Service was very good and super fast. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Good serviceWalesboyDined on 9/8/2014Booked via open table and sat immediately despite restraunt being very busy. Never tried Cuban food before but enjoyed it. Service was great and the mojitos where good. Enjoyed the Latin music entertainment. Would go back again given the choices in downtown Disney as there are less screaming kids here!Special Features:
- Orlando experienceJasonVIPDined on 9/5/2014My wife and I were looking for a good Cuban restaurant and we discovered Bongos Cuban Cafe! This dinning experience reminded of of the wonderful dinning experinces that had in Miami years ago. The food was wonderful and the service was excellent! We enjoyed the food and the cocktails and have already recommended this restuarant to others attending the same conference in Orlando.Special Features:
- Dinner Before Concert at HOBMarleeB73Dined on 9/3/2014Had dinner here before a concert at the House of Blues. We were able to be seated quickly and received good service. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable. For the tourist area of Orlando, the food is pretty good, but as can be expected a little pricey.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinner at Bongos FLKidaniDVCDined on 8/30/2014The food was very good .We enjoyed the Saturday evening nightclub show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PaaaartyyyyDined on 8/30/2014Food was great ! Portions are good Music makes you dance in your seat Our server was very attentive to our needsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks !!FoodFanDined on 8/29/2014Had a great dinner before the 9pm CdS show. We were family of 3 and had drinks and dinner and the bill was $65.00 !!! What a steal !!! The food was fantastic, the entertainment very unique and we can't wait to get back for more ! Thanks !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AuthenticfoodieDined on 8/29/2014The food and drink is and always has been great and authentic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste of CubaLuvmyfoodDined on 8/28/2014The food and ambiance took you to Cuba. The music and dancing was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous fun!samba1Dined on 8/27/2014It was everything I thought it might be and more. Had not anticipated dancers to engage the crowd or a Conga line. The food was so flavorful. The ambiance was visually stunning and the sounds made you want to get up and move.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceCitizenNomadVIPDined on 8/25/2014We went in for a special occasion and had impeccable service. The food was fantastic and we'd definitely go again.Special Features:
- greatJeamandyDined on 8/24/2014Enjoyed dinner with family. Food and service gteat. Only complaint was we were seated at bar area and was not able to see and enjoy tne music and dancing. Asked to be moved but were told we couldnt. Also a experienced a roach in next booth. All in all will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Cuban Place Ever.!Lilyayi101Dined on 8/23/2014I went here this past Saturday 8/23/2014, to celebrate mine and my fiances anniversary that was a lil but past it for the month of august but oh well. We had a horrible night since the keys to the car got locked in the car and the insurance company was called and had to wait 45 min for someone to come but when we got to bongos, all that problem just went away and We had a great time (: till I got called to go to my car cause they were on their way and I had to leave my fiancé waiting for our food, and as soon as I leave to my car I see his ex and her friend xD other than all that I must say this is an amazing clubby, dinning experience .! A++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time visitangela222VIPDined on 8/23/2014Not Bongos fault but the parking and construction at downtown Disney was horrible.we got there on time then had to wait for 15 min just to check in.Then we were told it was a 20 minute wait. When we asked why we should even make a reservation the hostess said it would be an hour wait otherwise. We got our pager and sat at the bar and were called before we even had a chance to order a drink. Seated right near the band and dancers.fun to watch but extremely noisy. Food was fantastic. Be leery of drink menu & bill. charged $20 for a drink that came in a Bongos glass even tho I ordered a normal one. Waiter acted like he was doing us A favor by signing the receipt and told us theyd give us new ones to keep at the gift shop when I questioned itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.