Bongos Cuban Cafe - Miami
601 Biscayne Boulevard
Miami, FL 33132Neighborhood:
CubanPrice: $30 and under
Bongos Cuban Cafe - Miami
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bongoscubancafe.com/locations/miami.html
- Phone: 7867772100x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Cuban
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Wine
A word from Bongos Cuban Cafe - Miami
Embrace the authenticity of Cuban culture at Bongos Cuban Cafe, where Miami meets Old Havanas tropical ambiance, cuisine, and style. This magnificent restaurant and nightclub was opened in April 2000 and is located right in the heart of Downtown Miami adjacent to the AmericanAirlines Arena. Bongos Cuban Cafe boasts spectacular views of the port of Miami, Biscayne Bay, and the Downtown Miami skyline.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bongos Cuban Cafe - Miami reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (3)kid-friendly (2)good for groups (2)romantic (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)neighborhood gem (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- It was closedclosedDined on 6/20/2014Thanks for nothing. I had planned a romantic date with my girlfriend to be disappointed when we arrived at the doors and the place was closed on a fri 6/20.
- Havana Nights!AuthenticCubanCuisine1Dined on 6/7/2014I toke my boyfriend here after our 7-day cruise. The chicken with yellow rice was really tasty. I've always been a supporter of Gloria Estefan and her work. This place and it's ambience was fabulous and Cuban cultured. The food was delicious and the music and dancers were phenomenal! This place has taken Miami Downtown up some notches for me. I wish they would have remembered my boyfriends birthday that was place on the online RSVP.Special Features:
- AwesomeLatinaspiceDined on 6/7/2014Great place to go for dinner and then enjoy the club at night hours for latin music and great people. I preferably loved the outdoors!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 124 reviews are from the Bongos Cuban Cafe - Miami reviews archive.
- Horrible Service - DO NOT EAT HERE!alegjfjgklfjdkgljsdkflDined on 5/30/2014Horrible Service! Waiting 25 minutes at our table, no service, not even water! Granted it was game 6 of the NBA Eastern Conference Finals, however, this restaurant is ATTACHED to the American Airlines Arena, this is NOT their first rodeo, they should know how staff for this kind of event. We were seated on the 2nd floor where there are very few tables. I went up to someone to complain and they basically said, we only have three waiters for the 2nd floor. THREE waiters is more than enough for the number of tables on this level. Horrible! I complained to two hostesses at the front desk but to no avail. We used to enjoy this restaurant before the Miami Heat games, now I will take the five minute walk and eat at Bayside. DO NOT EAT HERE!
- getting InAndyGIIIDined on 5/24/2014the hostess section is still really bad. they just not have figured out how to get people inside and seated. My reservation helped a little but we did arrive 30 minutes early. The food has improved but the cost VS value is in my opinion very high.Special Features:
- Food was good but service was poorOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2014The restaurant is connected to the American Airlines Arena and it was the night of the Miami Heat playoff game against the Pacers so the service was poor. It wasn't over crowded but the hostess staff looked confused and flustered. You would think being at that location they would have this down. The waitress was overwhelmed with so many tables to cover with no assistance. I ordered a Mojito which was their specialty drink but it didn't arrive with dinner they gave it to me in a go cup. I couldn't take it with me into the the game so I had to gulp it down before I was allowed to go inside. I ordered the Cuban steak which was a large portion but under seasoned I had to add salt and pepper and so was the table next to me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big time at BongosOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/24/2014A perfect venue for a pre Heat game dinner for a large group of 8 to enjoy a variety of authentic Cuban style dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodLuvLizDined on 5/17/2014The food was fantastic, need more Spanish music. This a Cuban club and the floor is packed playing club music, you need more Salsa, Merenge, Bachata.......Special Features:
- Worst Service EverFoodieLover28VIPDined on 5/16/2014I came in with a group of 8 on a friday night at 9pm for a bachelorette party. There promised to be live music and a bustling dance scene - it was COMPLETELY dead and there was no live music. The food was mediocre at best, but the customer service was the worst I've ever experienced. I was a waitress for years and never saw anything like this. Not only did he double charge his tip, he then made a fuss over fixing it citing there was a new operating system in place. The manager was useless and it took 70 MINUTES to get the bill settled, making us miss our next bar event. I will never ever go back and don't recommend you go either.Special Features:
- Great Experiencehungrylatina90Dined on 5/16/2014We received our food very quickly and it was delicious. Bongos servers were attentive and never let my (highly refreshing) glass of water pass half a cup without refilling them. The guitarist was awesome and set the vibe being lounge like. A+ in my book!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fiasco on mother's dayfiascodayDined on 5/11/2014The recepcionist was all distracted. Me and my wife got there for dinner, and she did not know what to say or ask. we told her we had reservations. Then she started walking towards the restaurant and then she stopped at the middle of the way and was surprised we were new table the waitress was very professional, but the food was awful, very dry, overcooked, so we practically left most of it, asked for the check and left. We really thought this place, because of its name was really good, but it wasn'. I ended up with my wife in Lincoln Road. Bad experience for a famous place.
- Excellent choice!!FromKendallDined on 5/11/2014I picked the restaurant for last Mother's Day. My mom loved the place. We'll back soon.Special Features:
- Mother's Day at BongosBabyKyrie8Dined on 5/11/2014Have been to Bongos Miami and Bongos Hard Rock on many occasions. Decided to book reservations at Bongos Miami for Mother's Day. Brought my wife on her first MotMother's Day, my mom and my aunt, son and newborn daughter, first time dining experience. Overall Bongos was nice as always, didn't appreciate the receptionist not acknowledging us waiting to be checked in and was a little disappointed with not receiving the complimentary roses for my wife, mother and aunt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchRudyDined on 5/11/2014Bongos was better than I expected. The food, which included paella and many of my Cuban favorites, was outstanding. The live music entertainment was enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Experience in BongosYanitaDined on 5/11/2014Reservation made early April for a party of 6 to ensure a good table when we got to Bongos on 5/11 the hostess sent us to the second floor because the entire first floor was reserved the second floor was very dark and nothing compare as the first floor which had live music,panoramic views,etc we had 2 seniors of 80 years old, very uncomfortable for them.I found everything very unprofessional being charged for tip it was a buffet, we left $58 to a waiter that served water and mimosa, they charged us $49 instead of $40 the manager went to our table to apologize and she fixed the bill to $40 but, everything was very badly organized, for sure we are not coming back or recommending this place to no one.Special Features:
- It was okay!CharityLaNaeDined on 5/10/2014I honestly felt like this place could have been better if we didn't have such a large group. The food wasn't great, but it wasn't bad, just okay. I never got my drink that I ordered and I honestly felt like our server was overwhelmed having 11 people by himself. The food came out in a timely manner, but it was kinda cold, like it had been sitting out for a minute before it was brought to us. There was really nothing to rave about except the atmosphere and the views! You can't beat the decor or the views of the bay. I would like to try again if I'm ever in Miami with a couple of people instead of a large group. Everyone was friendly tho, just a little disappointed with the confusion that came from serving a large group!Special Features:
- DisappointingAliceDined on 5/10/2014We decided to visit Bongos for the first time before a concert. We made reservations before heading out, and looked over the menu. When we arrived we were given a short menu and were told they don't offer full menu before any events at the arena. This was an extreme disappointment since we were looking for some of the house specialties. The meat I received wasn't to my liking so I returned it, they offered me other items but I wasn't interested. They compensated us with dessert and coffee. We were there at 6pm, the place was pretty empty and we had the opportunity to look see how run down and dirty the place was. The palm trees outside need trimming, It's too bad they ruined such a beautiful view.
- Bongo disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014We had reservations at Bongo's for 3 people at 6:15 pm. We wanted to have enough time to enjoy our dinner before our concert which was starting at 8 pm. We got seated right away but the waiter service was horrible. He first brought us the wrong food which was for another table and we had to ask him a few times what happened to our food. My husband had soup and salad which was brought out right away but the other 2 plates took way too long. There were people behind us who were seated after us and they were having dessert while we were still waiting for our dinner. By the time we left the restaurant which is next door to the arena, we only had 15 mins. before our concert started so we had to rush. We will never eat there again.
- Open Table errorJohnDined on 5/7/2014Open Table made a dinner reservation for me. When we arrived for dinner the restaurant was closed. We were not notified by Open Table or the restaurant. The reservation through Open Table was made the day of. This survey made me rate all the categories even though we were not able to eat that evening.
- Not happyCle1Dined on 5/4/2014The restaurant itself is beautiful you feel the culture. The food was not good for a cuban restaurant. We were extremely dissapointed especially being spanish ourselves. We had friends visiting and they wanted Cuban food this was a bad choice had to continue apologizing...Special Features:
- food ans serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014I love the restaurant,is fun and cool. Seguro que volvere con mi familia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Brunch at Bongo's Miami FLOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2014We arrived early and they were ready for us. I was unaware that we had to take part in the brunch but the manager worked it out and gave us a 10 percent discount. This helped but was still over our budget. I wish I was made aware ahead of time that my party would not be able to order off of their regular menu. This was partially my fault I guess since I didn't confirm ahead of time. Anyway, the service was excellent, the food was delicious and I was pleasantly surprised at how quiet the place was. We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch and plan to come back another time! A special thank you to the staff and especially Maria who was on duty and gave us the discount and encouraged us to stay!Special Features:
- Easter funLebronsgirlDined on 4/20/2014Loved the Easter brunch! Where else can you get live music, all you can eat buffet, AND Easter activities for the kids all under one roof? We will be coming every year!Special Features:
- Easter brunch let down .SadeventDined on 4/20/2014I decided to take my kids to Easter brunch at Bongo's. To start we had to park across a busy intersection which wasn't paid by the restaurant. When we arrived we were sitted upstairs away from all the kids activities and food area. We sat there for 15min before our server arrived. Then I had to ask him what the Easter brunch consisted of. The food was cold the spread was very limited with items that really didn't fit in a brunch. To finish off the review I was billed twice which now I'm waiting to resolve with them.Special Features:
- Horrible accommodations for handicaChickDined on 4/20/2014I made my reservation online it was my mistake that I typed 6 guests instead of 16 that I understand what I do not understand is the lack of customer service that I encountered. The only solution was for my party and I to sit outside in the sun and heat. I agreed to sit outside as long as they would provide some umbrellas The waiter was putting the 3 umbrellas together when the lady hostess said that only one umbrella per table at that point I had to split up my party and asked her to keep my original reservation and give me the seating for 6 at a wheelchair accessible table well to my surprise they put me in the second level where I had to go up and down the elevator to the buffet And I may add that the elevator was taking very long
- Great foodJilly8Dined on 4/18/2014Fantastic dinner! The restaurant is beautiful and what a view! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimersAnnieDined on 4/16/2014We visited Bongos prior to a Heat game. Staff was outstanding. Bongos Nachos were delicious with over the top fresh ingredients. Plantains instead of nacho chips were a creative and delicious touch. Skirt steak was overly salty. Sliders were extremely dry. In fact our waiter brought me another order (chicken) instead of beef and unfortunately they were dry as well. Buns were hard. Rice and beans excellent. Overall we will return but were disappointed with the entrees on this occasion. Setting is beautiful and decor lovely. Music excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HorribleScootermc1Dined on 4/4/2014Apparently they were having a private party...so the inside of the resturant was closed to the general public requiring us to sit outside (like we were at a wedding)...empty white round tables, no place settings, nothing. We were not allowed to use the indoor restrooms and had to use those of the American Airlines Arena which required an elevator ride and a 50 yard walk. The food was bland, boring and unneccesarily expensive for what you got. The service was slow and sirly. If you are going to have a private party that basically takes over the resturant, then recommend you turn OFF accepting OpenTable reservations. Complained to the manager...he said "sorry, the Private Party has basically taken over the restuarant". FAIL
- Disappointing visitFoodieBVIPDined on 4/4/2014The place was exceptionally crowded due to a Heat game and private function. Service was off this night plus the waiter tried to upcharge us for premium brand drink which wasn't ordered. Be sure to check your bill if you decide to dine there. Food is a step above what they serve in the arena but certainly not the best cuban food around.
- DisorganizedKeshaBDined on 4/4/2014We had a 6pm reservation, once you got there, no host greeted you Had to find someone to ask what to do, we were told to sit and wait like everyone else we waited for almost 30 minutes, before getting a table the waiters kept passing us for about 15 mins before one stopped and asked if we were being helped He then took our order, by this time, we were in a rush so had to order appetizers versus main course I wouldSpecial Features:
- We must return for the bigSoBe123Dined on 3/27/2014We must return for the big Bongo Latin blow0out party on weekends. Music and dancing would have been fun.Special Features:
- BongosChrisDined on 3/24/2014This restaurant is adjacent to the American Airlines Arena. The food is good but nothing outstanding and for a Cuban restautrant is missing some important offerings. Also, the menu is preety pricey. There are too many good Cuban restaurants to eat here and if not for Heat game that we were attending, there would be no reason to go here. Service is very good though.
- Absolutely Love This PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014The service was super fast, the food was delicious, and the staff was very courteous. We will definitely visit Bongos b again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2014We listened to live music, munched on Cuban cuisine and danced the night away!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great Live Band!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014Bongos had a live band and we ate the fabulous food while listening to the music! Had a wonderful time!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/13/2014The food was great and the service definitely we are coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eerily emptyhappyVIPDined on 2/15/2014service was good, hard to get to and the parking pirates demand $10 to enter and refuse to honor the free pkg to Bongo patrons as posted, may want to try for dancing late at nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very fun and tasty foodLatinfoodieDined on 1/30/2014Large dance floor with neon lighted seating. Food was good - great black bean soup!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great authentic Cuban food.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/29/2014Great authentic Cuban food. We went before a Heat game and they made sure we got out on time without rushing us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No goodMarySDined on 1/3/2014The service was ok. But no smiling people, pushing to finish our dinner fast. I told them we were celebrating my dayghter's 23thbirthday and they didn't even sang or bring a piece of cake. To way expensive for what it is. And extremely cold insideSpecial Features: