Bongos Cuban Cafe - Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood
5733 Seminole Way
Hollywood, FL 33314Neighborhood:
CubanPrice: $31 to $50
Bongos Cuban Cafe - Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://bongoscubancafe.com/hollywood.html
- Phone: (800) 937-0010
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Cuban
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Bongos Cuban Cafe - Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood
Located at Seminole Paradise at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, FL., Bongos Cuban Café draws its inspiration from classic Cuban supper clubs. The multi-level restaurant, lounge and bar boasts a 7,000 square foot indoor restaurant, a 5,000 square foot rooftop lounge with a 360-degree unobstructive view of the entire property and 2 outdoor patios. Inside of the main 7,000 square foot restaurant, guests will experience a chic yet comfortable atmosphere, with white tables and seats which are layered with different textures; polished dark mahogany panels throughout the restaurant; the two-sided main bar (one side features a stage on top of it while the other side extends to the outside of the venue) and a 20 foot window that allows guests to see into a one-of-a-kind custom-made vertical flame rotisserie. Twin glass elevators ascend to the magnificant rooftop lounge adorned with private cabanas and plush lounge seating where guests can enjoy libations under the stars.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Bongos Cuban Cafe - Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
Bongos Cuban Cafe - Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (18)hot spot (18)good for groups (17)vibrant bar scene (16)romantic (13)late-night find (12)great for outdoor dining (7)great for brunch (3)scenic view (3)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Had a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Went for my 25th bday with friends. It was fun and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Factory CubanAmazingVIPDined on 11/16/2014Great group dining experience. Excellent ambiance. Comfortable seating. Never had anything horrible. A little pricey and always empty. Wonder how long it will last with the new hotel breaking ground 20 yards away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JorgeDined on 11/9/2014La comida estuvo excelente. El servicio fue rápido.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun restaurantSFSamVIPDined on 11/9/2014Had a great time at Bongos! The mojitos were very good! My favorite dish was the ropa vieja!! Definitely going back when I'm in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night at BongosOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Had an amazing night at Bongos. Food, decor, and experience was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingPoortasteDined on 11/1/2014Food was cold and bland. Poor presentation. Not enough sauce on our chicken. Pork was not well done after we sent it back. Rice and beans were good but not served hot We would not return.Special Features:
- Where are the customers??DiningDuoVIPDined on 10/29/2014We dined at Bongos on Wed, 10/29. There was no one in the restaurant when we arrived for a 7:30 reservation. We were a party of 4 and we were seated next to the kitchen even though the restaurant was empty. The grouper was "rubbery" and there were too many plantains offered throughout the menu. Food was okay. Not worth the drive if you are not staying at the Hard Rock Hotel. Maybe there is more business on the weekends!
- Loved the vibe butusic too loudNightOwlDined on 10/25/2014Ambiance was excellent but band was so loud almost unbearable. Could not talk while eating. Loved food choices and portions. Tasted great! Fun spot while at Hard Rock! If band playing, would recommend outside dining, but you would miss the cool vibe inside.Special Features:
- Nice setting, needs better wineMsdiva01Dined on 10/21/2014Ambiance is beautiful, only saw 2 waitstaff all nite. Lucky for them the tip was already included because it wasn't up to my standard. Powder lemonade needs to goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the tripaventuragal7Dined on 10/15/2014Overcooked and tasteless food arrived cold and late. Waiter was overwhelmedSpecial Features:
- Couldnt Take the waitStiggVIPDined on 10/15/2014We had 6:30 dinner reservations & an 8pm concert. This place was without question the most disorganized restaurant I have ever seen. It took 50 minutes to be seated after repeated attempts. Unfortunately by then all we could do was order a couple of appetizers and even they came out wrong. The menu looks really great but I cant tell you about the food in general since we could not order dinner. The Plantains I tried were really good. The beef sticks were cold. Drinks were good but service even at the bar was long and took me 15 minutes to get a check paid. Its unfortunate as this place seems like it should be a great experience. I hate to give a bad review but it was embarrassing that my guests couldn't eat dinner before the show.
- Be prepared to be disappointedDinerADined on 10/15/2014Started strong. Cocktail at the bar. Table ready. Asked to have our drinks sent to the table and put on the bill. "No, you have to settle this bill now". Ok. Appetizers came quickly. Food served after, promptly. We asked our server for refills on our cocktails. Over the course of the next 25, no exaggeration, minutes, our server came by 3 or 4 times to tell us that the bar was busy, and the drinks were being prepared "soon". I finally stopped our server and asked for our check. I paid the check, and another server came over with two drinks. They told me that these were no charge. A nice touch, except that they brought the wrong drinks. We just left.
- Made my birthday!MrsAJAAODined on 9/28/2014I wanted to go to Bongos in Hard Rock for a long time. (I lived in Miami, so I've been to the one near AAA.) I really wanted to go for a special occasion because I knew the vibe would be perfect for it. There was a Groupon for Bongos, so we took advantage. However, you could only use it Tuesday thru Thursday and Sunday, and my birthday was Friday. So, my husband and I dressed up, and went Sunday, as part of my birthday weekend. We were looking sharp! We wanted to go somewhere upscale, yet fun, and Bongos was just that. The décor was beautiful! The staff made us feel like they cared about my day, and the food was great! We missed the live music, but it was still a memorable night! We enjoyed it so much, we spent more than double our groupon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Latin FoodTonysBDDined on 9/27/2014Excellently served by Miguel and the food was served prompt and well. Totally latin/cuban. But nice ceviche (peruvian)Special Features:
- Bongos Hard RockmojoDined on 9/19/2014I had eaten at this restaurant a few years ago and really enjoyed the pollo asado; however this time the food was served cold so was very disappointed.
- Nice ambiance, but overpriced foodGigiDined on 9/13/2014Pros: Very nicely decorated place and a good live band that plays Spanish music. Good tres leches dessert. Cons: food is overpriced for the quality of it. Coming from a Cuban background, I (along with my friends that ate their too) was not impressed at all. I was excited to have my coconut mojito that I had previously ordered there on a different occasion, but I was super dissapointed. We ordered a pitcher for $50 and it was watered down and just not the same at all :(
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Was very pricey. We had 2 drinks, 2 appetizers and one desert and the bill was 85.00. The sound system for the Cuban band was terrible. Wait staff needs to be a little more attentive to customers.
- Salty foodFatima15Dined on 9/11/2014The food is very salty, very price. I wound recommended to any ones.Special Features:
- Wonderful Cuban foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/6/2014Chic people,food and ambiance...tasty and very resonanably priced, large portions, great selection of foods, something for everyone! We drank the Sangria which was just delicious and only $7 for a nice size glass. We were going to a show so we missed the live music which i am sure was great! I am looking forward to going back real soon. By the way I ate the shredded chicken prepared in a sizzling plate like a big pancake- I could not finish it! Yummy yum yumSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DISAPPOINTEDBethBarreto77VIPDined on 8/29/2014I was disappointed because the dish that always ate seafood now is half size, POOR, AND THE SAME PRICE U$42,00 for 3 shrimps small 1 lobster mini, and short fish . The yuca steamed they took the menu. It' is not more my favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- Will not be returning for dinner.FoodthumbsdownDined on 8/15/2014Nice location, great service and music but very disappointed with the food. I have visited other Bongos locations but will not be returning back for dinner.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/13/2014The food was delicious and the atmosphere was wonderful. drinks were a little pricey, but thats to be expected in a casino.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014I was there last Sat night, after seated we wait about 20 min for our drinks and keep looking for our server to order our dinner. She mess up our order. We kept waiting for her to come back to order desert and finally she showed up the desert we order they had just sold the last one. We had to wait another 20 min for our check. Service was poor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd chance was a flapneveragain4Dined on 8/2/2014On 2011 I booked a table for my staff in celebration of the Holidays, we all look forward to all of us getting together and dinning at Bongos. From the moment of my arrival to the time we left it was a horrible experience.....the greeting from the hostess was very nasty and not welcoming and everything after that was an embarrassment as I was trying to give my staff a happy experience. The food was terrible and finally we left.....I was thinking of never coming back. I wrote a letter to the restaurant and had no response, (shame on the owners for not being on top of the employees that work in there, they must not care). Friends decided on Bongos again, I decided to give it another chance....sorry that I did, nothing has change.
- The following 194 reviews are from the Bongos Cuban Cafe - Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood reviews archive.
- Not bad, but not the greatestNCookDined on 7/26/2014What 1st caught my attention to Bongos is the location at the Hard Rock Casino. Secondly, live entertainment and the food pricing not bad either. Once there, I was seated immediately at the top floor, which was great, as I got to see the live band. In my opinion the band was a little dull, but still pleasant. Once everyone in my party had arrived, the waiter, who was nice, took our orders. I ordered the Red Snapper which was well presented, the outer layer of the fish which was lightly seasoned tasted wonderful but as I dug deeper into the fish, it got bland. I asked the waiter several times for more lemon, but he was waiting on so many tables that he kept forgetting. Overall, I wasn’t overly dissatisfied because of the pricing.Special Features:
- AwesomeAwesomeFood1Dined on 7/26/2014I had an awesome experience. I was celebrating my 50th birthday and was very pleased. My guest and I were treated excellent. Food was awesome and so was our server. Had an awesome time. I can not wait to go back again. And the reason next time will be just because.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall thoughtsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Great music and great ambiance. However food is overpriced for what is offered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Service was very slow. Food was not that great. Not authentic at all.Special Features:
- I had a great timefirstvisitDined on 7/24/2014I had a great time the atmosphere, food, music and service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Rediculous drink pricesAlexRosaVDined on 7/24/2014The meats are cooked and seasoned beautifully. Very flavorful. Tostones were also good. Rice was bland. The drink prices were outrageous. $15 for a mojito. Average drink was $14. I'll go back for food and have a drink next door at the swamp. Buy one get one 4-8 happy hourSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, but missed the party :(MtheadedDined on 7/20/2014Turns out Sunday is not the best day to go :/ The place was pretty empty and there was no live music(!!). Most of the food was great, ESPECIALLY the churrasco. The ambience is georgeous. I could imagine it being fabulous on a Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was not impressednastyDined on 7/19/2014Anyone who knows how to cook should stay home and cook! My food was extremely nasty and tasted like I had a gallon of lime all over my food. Definitely the worst Spanish restaurant I have been too. Location is nice however, I would not go back after spending hours in the bathroom do to their food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2014It's a Great place, beautiful décor , great latin music, ALSO loved THE SKY LOUNGE.... The food is OK, not great...Special Features:
- Terrible food and serviceLv2eatDined on 7/16/2014Food was not prepared as stated on the menu, and the waitress was not knowledgable at all. Ambiance was dirty and horrible.
- The Customer Service for weak!NannyVIPDined on 7/13/2014We waited 20 mins to get our drinks (20 mins after we ordered). The waiter was very strange, he was oblivious to the customers. He was in a different world. We were not mean to him, he just was aloof towards everyone, it was strange. We were disappointed that the restaurant was out of many things on the menu (especially the tamales). We were there to see a show at the Hard Rock so we thought it would be good to stay in the area because we were staying the night at the Hard Rock Hotel. We did have a reservation and we were one time for it. Sorry about this bad review, we do not want anyone to make the same mistake we did.
- Worst Cuban Food EverAvoidBongosVIPDined on 7/13/2014Simple review; this was absolutely the worst Cuban food I have ever eaten. We started with the plantain chips which were cold and undercooked; the sauce they gave with it was not the traditional garlic and oil but rather something that was just disgusting. My wife's roasted chicken was unremarkable. I had the slow roasted pork and I could not believe how bad it was. Not slow cooked for long enough and completely devoid of any taste. Avoid this place at all costs.
- Bachelorette BashGirlsNiteOutDined on 7/12/2014I have done many reservations with Bongos and every visit is as astonishing as the first one...Atmosphere, Food and staff were amazing....Thank you to Bongos for making our celebration special as always!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissappointeddranselVIPDined on 7/5/2014We returned on a Sat after having liked the food a few years ago on a night with no live music. We were hoping for dinner/dancing on an evening where a live band was advertised... The food quality and service have deteriorated a lot. No longer should be considered "fine dining". The band was there, weirdly on a stage high up overlooking the restaurant, very loud - playing "happy birthday" for guests seemed to be their most important function. The rest of set would have been great to dance salsa to... but alas, no dance floor! Guess that's for the rooftop bar only, which has separate entrance from restaurant, and by 9:30 PM had a line of folks waiting to get in dressed in a manner sure to scare away a married middle aged couple.Special Features:
- BethBarreto77VIPDined on 6/27/2014very nice food always, the band is very cool, everything is fine!!!Special Features:
- MeanduVIPDined on 6/21/2014The Band was way too loud! No offering of bread on the table. The shrimp in the special fried rice was a joke, the size of a peanut and the meat was so tough I thought I might lose a filling. We ate here years ago and it was excellent, not sure why the dramatic change.