Bongos Cuban Cafe - Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood
5733 Seminole Way
Hollywood, FL 33314Neighborhood:
CubanPrice: $31 to $50
Bongos Cuban Cafe - Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://bongoscubancafe.com/hollywood.html
- Phone: 8009370010
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Cuban
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Bongos Cuban Cafe - Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood
Located at Seminole Paradise at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, FL., Bongos Cuban Café draws its inspiration from classic Cuban supper clubs. The multi-level restaurant, lounge and bar boasts a 7,000 square foot indoor restaurant, a 5,000 square foot rooftop lounge with a 360-degree unobstructive view of the entire property and 2 outdoor patios. Inside of the main 7,000 square foot restaurant, guests will experience a chic yet comfortable atmosphere, with white tables and seats which are layered with different textures; polished dark mahogany panels throughout the restaurant; the two-sided main bar (one side features a stage on top of it while the other side extends to the outside of the venue) and a 20 foot window that allows guests to see into a one-of-a-kind custom-made vertical flame rotisserie. Twin glass elevators ascend to the magnificant rooftop lounge adorned with private cabanas and plush lounge seating where guests can enjoy libations under the stars.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Bongos Cuban Cafe - Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
Bongos Cuban Cafe - Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since May 18, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (25)good for groups (20)vibrant bar scene (20)late-night find (16)hot spot (16)romantic (14)great for outdoor dining (9)great for brunch (6)fit for foodies (5)scenic view (4)great for lunch (3)neighborhood gem (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Was very pricey. We had 2 drinks, 2 appetizers and one desert and the bill was 85.00. The sound system for the Cuban band was terrible. Wait staff needs to be a little more attentive to customers.
- Salty foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014The food is very salty, very price. I wound recommended to any ones.Special Features:
- Wonderful Cuban foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/6/2014Chic people,food and ambiance...tasty and very resonanably priced, large portions, great selection of foods, something for everyone! We drank the Sangria which was just delicious and only $7 for a nice size glass. We were going to a show so we missed the live music which i am sure was great! I am looking forward to going back real soon. By the way I ate the shredded chicken prepared in a sizzling plate like a big pancake- I could not finish it! Yummy yum yumSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DISAPPOINTEDBethBarreto77VIPDined on 8/29/2014I was disappointed because the dish that always ate seafood now is half size, POOR, AND THE SAME PRICE U$42,00 for 3 shrimps small 1 lobster mini, and short fish . The yuca steamed they took the menu. It' is not more my favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- Will not be returning for dinner.FoodthumbsdownDined on 8/15/2014Nice location, great service and music but very disappointed with the food. I have visited other Bongos locations but will not be returning back for dinner.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/13/2014The food was delicious and the atmosphere was wonderful. drinks were a little pricey, but thats to be expected in a casino.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014I was there last Sat night, after seated we wait about 20 min for our drinks and keep looking for our server to order our dinner. She mess up our order. We kept waiting for her to come back to order desert and finally she showed up the desert we order they had just sold the last one. We had to wait another 20 min for our check. Service was poor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd chance was a flapneveragain4Dined on 8/2/2014On 2011 I booked a table for my staff in celebration of the Holidays, we all look forward to all of us getting together and dinning at Bongos. From the moment of my arrival to the time we left it was a horrible experience.....the greeting from the hostess was very nasty and not welcoming and everything after that was an embarrassment as I was trying to give my staff a happy experience. The food was terrible and finally we left.....I was thinking of never coming back. I wrote a letter to the restaurant and had no response, (shame on the owners for not being on top of the employees that work in there, they must not care). Friends decided on Bongos again, I decided to give it another chance....sorry that I did, nothing has change.
- Not bad, but not the greatestNCookDined on 7/26/2014What 1st caught my attention to Bongos is the location at the Hard Rock Casino. Secondly, live entertainment and the food pricing not bad either. Once there, I was seated immediately at the top floor, which was great, as I got to see the live band. In my opinion the band was a little dull, but still pleasant. Once everyone in my party had arrived, the waiter, who was nice, took our orders. I ordered the Red Snapper which was well presented, the outer layer of the fish which was lightly seasoned tasted wonderful but as I dug deeper into the fish, it got bland. I asked the waiter several times for more lemon, but he was waiting on so many tables that he kept forgetting. Overall, I wasn’t overly dissatisfied because of the pricing.Special Features:
- AwesomeAwesomeFood1Dined on 7/26/2014I had an awesome experience. I was celebrating my 50th birthday and was very pleased. My guest and I were treated excellent. Food was awesome and so was our server. Had an awesome time. I can not wait to go back again. And the reason next time will be just because.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall thoughtsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Great music and great ambiance. However food is overpriced for what is offered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Service was very slow. Food was not that great. Not authentic at all.Special Features:
- I had a great timefirstvisitDined on 7/24/2014I had a great time the atmosphere, food, music and service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Rediculous drink pricesAlexRosaVDined on 7/24/2014The meats are cooked and seasoned beautifully. Very flavorful. Tostones were also good. Rice was bland. The drink prices were outrageous. $15 for a mojito. Average drink was $14. I'll go back for food and have a drink next door at the swamp. Buy one get one 4-8 happy hourSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, but missed the party :(MtheadedDined on 7/20/2014Turns out Sunday is not the best day to go :/ The place was pretty empty and there was no live music(!!). Most of the food was great, ESPECIALLY the churrasco. The ambience is georgeous. I could imagine it being fabulous on a Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was not impressednastyDined on 7/19/2014Anyone who knows how to cook should stay home and cook! My food was extremely nasty and tasted like I had a gallon of lime all over my food. Definitely the worst Spanish restaurant I have been too. Location is nice however, I would not go back after spending hours in the bathroom do to their food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2014It's a Great place, beautiful décor , great latin music, ALSO loved THE SKY LOUNGE.... The food is OK, not great...Special Features:
- Terrible food and serviceLv2eatDined on 7/16/2014Food was not prepared as stated on the menu, and the waitress was not knowledgable at all. Ambiance was dirty and horrible.
- The Customer Service for weak!NannyVIPDined on 7/13/2014We waited 20 mins to get our drinks (20 mins after we ordered). The waiter was very strange, he was oblivious to the customers. He was in a different world. We were not mean to him, he just was aloof towards everyone, it was strange. We were disappointed that the restaurant was out of many things on the menu (especially the tamales). We were there to see a show at the Hard Rock so we thought it would be good to stay in the area because we were staying the night at the Hard Rock Hotel. We did have a reservation and we were one time for it. Sorry about this bad review, we do not want anyone to make the same mistake we did.
- Worst Cuban Food EverAvoidBongosVIPDined on 7/13/2014Simple review; this was absolutely the worst Cuban food I have ever eaten. We started with the plantain chips which were cold and undercooked; the sauce they gave with it was not the traditional garlic and oil but rather something that was just disgusting. My wife's roasted chicken was unremarkable. I had the slow roasted pork and I could not believe how bad it was. Not slow cooked for long enough and completely devoid of any taste. Avoid this place at all costs.
- Bachelorette BashGirlsNiteOutDined on 7/12/2014I have done many reservations with Bongos and every visit is as astonishing as the first one...Atmosphere, Food and staff were amazing....Thank you to Bongos for making our celebration special as always!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissappointeddranselVIPDined on 7/5/2014We returned on a Sat after having liked the food a few years ago on a night with no live music. We were hoping for dinner/dancing on an evening where a live band was advertised... The food quality and service have deteriorated a lot. No longer should be considered "fine dining". The band was there, weirdly on a stage high up overlooking the restaurant, very loud - playing "happy birthday" for guests seemed to be their most important function. The rest of set would have been great to dance salsa to... but alas, no dance floor! Guess that's for the rooftop bar only, which has separate entrance from restaurant, and by 9:30 PM had a line of folks waiting to get in dressed in a manner sure to scare away a married middle aged couple.Special Features:
- BethBarreto77VIPDined on 6/27/2014very nice food always, the band is very cool, everything is fine!!!Special Features:
- MeanduVIPDined on 6/21/2014The Band was way too loud! No offering of bread on the table. The shrimp in the special fried rice was a joke, the size of a peanut and the meat was so tough I thought I might lose a filling. We ate here years ago and it was excellent, not sure why the dramatic change.
- It's been betterRickDined on 6/21/2014I have been to Bongos at the Seminole Hard Rock several times. The food quality has been better. Our meal came out very fast, too fast as it came on the heels of the appetizer. The fact that it came out so fast is indicative of having the dish prepared in advance, which probably explained why my meat dish was a bit dry and over cooked. Drinks are expensive, but pretty much consistent with the rest of the Hard Rock bars. I still like Bongos and would still come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should not be open for businessSeaFoodieDined on 6/18/2014I can't tell you how disappointed we were with Bongos at Hard Rock Hotel. Both the wine list and menu were being redone. I planned this might months in advance for my husband's 50th. We were visiting from CA. There wasn't even a wine list. The waitress brought four different white wines before we found one that was tolerable. Even the menu was reduced, which is not great for visiting vegans who also eat fish. We ended having only appetizers. The ceviche was good, but not good enough to salvage the night. We went to an Italian restaurant next door and had an amazing dinner and wine. So sad for the Latin themed dinner I had in mind for my Cuban American, bingo-playing husband.
- Overpriced and underwhelmingbyebyebongo18Dined on 6/13/2014The place is lovely. The service was good.The drinks were excellent but expensive. The food was disappointing. We ordered paella for two. There was enough rice for 4 but not enough seafood, chicken or charisco for one. Shame on you. The flan was not fresh. The caesar sald was the only dish that was good. The sides were awful (yuca and plantains) greasy and tasteless. Oh, and you couldn't hear yourself think. The music was that loud.
- half foodBethBarreto77VIPDined on 6/6/2014the food good , but the same plate that was used to ask for 2 they cut in half and the price remained the same.Special Features:
- LivingTheLifeDined on 6/6/2014Probably the best restaurant in town. Only issue was the lighting was too dark for my older friends but is great for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening!!bellydinesoutDined on 5/24/2014Brought my family to dine at Bongos to celebrate my mom's 75th birthday. I just have to say thank you for making her birthday memorable. The live band sang "happy birthday" to her and she was thrilled as the streamer candle flared throughout the song. It was truly a special moment seeing the joy in her face. The service and the food was really good, and the restaurant itself was spacious and elegant. What a wonderful experience to share on a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 172 reviews are from the Bongos Cuban Cafe - Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood reviews archive.
- Florida FunRelisameDined on 5/13/2014When you stay at the Hard Rock Hotel this is a must stop. Food and service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was reheatedDisappointedDined on 5/11/2014It was out first time at Bongos. The menu was limited to 4 choices beacause it was Mother's day. First the Caesar salad was warm and the lettuce was wilted. The appetizers was not fresh. The entree which was the roast pork, rice with black beans and yuca was reheated. There was also a fly roaming around.What a disappointment especially with the prices that they charged.
- Bongo's at Hard Rock Seminole HollyFoodie2014Dined on 5/11/2014Attended the Mothers day brunch and to say the least the "NOISE MUSIC" way too loud for the occasion Service was very slow Food was over priced given the slow service to combine the two I would say stay away from this place unless you are seeking to come clubbing at night time but certainly this Bongos is not a good spot for a good meal unless you are looking to get took for a pricey slow service meal This place is just over the top with very little to offer given the poor service we received.The servers had no time to deal with their tables given the running around they had to do in order to just get drinks kept fullSpecial Features:
- perfectJordiDined on 5/10/2014We enjoy the place the service perfect, the music, for long time my family no dance all toguether and in this ocacion we do...THANKS youSpecial Features:
- Mothers DaySPANKYDined on 5/10/2014We celebrated Mothers Day and my daughters birthday, we were early to beat the croud, this is a later in the evening place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedPartyGalfLDined on 5/9/2014Oh Hard Rock, how can you be missing the mark on nearly ALL of your restaurants? We came here to celebrate a friend's bachelorette party on Friday night. Our first impression was the hostess telling us that we had to throw out our drinks before she would seat us. We thought that was strange to be asked to do that before walking into a restaurant. The place was DEAD at 8:30 pm on a Friday night. Our server was soooooooo slow to take our orders, fill our waters, and bring the bill. The food was EXPENSIVE and sub par- there are WAAAAAAAY better places to get Latin cuisine off of the Hard Rock property. Don't eat here- save your money!
- 25th Anniversary!!!Great25thDined on 4/26/2014My wife and I came there to celebrate our 25th Anniversary. We had a great time and the band gave us a "shout out" and a played a song for us; we later found out that the lead male singer/guitarist and the female singer in the band were actually getting married!!!! Please give me their names and the name of the band so that we may send them something special!!!!Special Features:
- Cuba Libre!Maestro8872Dined on 4/26/2014This was the first visit my wife and I have made to Bongos after passing it many times while at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino. The outside of the place always intrigued us and we both love trying different foods, so it was an inevitable thing really and we were very pleased overall. The interior was interesting and the food was excellent - even the live band was playing at a level you could easily hear and still have conversations. All-in-all, we would definitely recommend this place to friends and are planning to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodGS71Dined on 4/26/2014Went before a concert - food was great, as was the pitcher of Cojitos! Service was average, but we were out on time for the show so all worked out!Special Features:
- Great venueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014I had a dinner party for my birthday. The only problem i have was that if you make reservations and everyone is not there on time then you will only be seated for the amount of people present and hopefully the late comers will be able to sit with the party. In addition, with such a large party (18 people) it took a very long time for our food to come out. However, all of my guest were accommodated and the food was worth the wait! I would definitely recommend this restaurant but I will probably not have another dinner party here.Special Features: