2841 Hennepin Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55408Neighborhood:
Contemporary SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.boneyarduptown.com/
- Phone: 6124556688x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday- Wednesday: 4pm - 11pm
Thursday: 4pm - 12pm
Friday & Saturday: 4pm - 2am
Sunday: 9am - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary Southern, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Jason Bush
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Friday and Saturday nights starting at 10 pm a DJ reeves up the atmosphere until close. Join us for Sunday Funday when our DJ starts at 2 pm for a full day of entertainment.
A word from Boneyard
Boneyard Kitchen & Bar is where Southern Hospitality and Minnesota Nice blend to create a warm atmosphere and wonderful food. In our from-scratch kitchen we hold true to old Southern cooking while embracing modern inspirations. Enjoy all we have to offer on our four season patio featuring a heated floor and beautiful retractable awning. The combination of tasty home cooked food, stellar lineup of tap beers, bourbons, and signature cocktails, and friendly down home environment will leave you wanting to come back again and again.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Boneyard - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Boneyard reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (91)good for groups (64)fit for foodies (45)great for brunch (37)neighborhood gem (33)hot spot (32)great for lunch (28)vibrant bar scene (28)late-night find (19)kid-friendly (17)special occasion (16)romantic (3)notable wine list (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014Friday lunch. Was very quiet. The food was very good but the bloody mary not so much!Special Features:
- Brunch time funmsgabrielleannDined on 9/7/2014Went there for brunch with a friend and we sat outside on the beautiful patio. The food was delicious minus the biscuits being a little bland. The drinks were delicious and very refreshing. The service was good until it came time to get the check when our waitress disappeared for quite awhile but outside of that Boneyard brunch was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Smoking Smoking Sections OutsideDrDudeDined on 9/1/2014Boneyard must attract smokers. If you eat outside, half the patio is for smoking and the non smoking section suffers from the drift of smoke and smell. A non smoking section next to a smoking section outdoors. What a concept. Totally ruined the meal even after moving as far away as we could. Restaurant is not responsive to non smokers and protect smokers. Won't be back.
- vocalmom123Dined on 9/1/2014Had a great time with friends at a Saturday lunch on the patio. They have curtains on the roof that retract or come down over you, depending on how much sun you would/wouldn't like. Our meals were fabulous. I had the hot hamburger, and it was marvelous. Also had the cornbread, and, of course, devilled eggs. All were great. Ordered gin and tonics, and they were quite expensive. So is the wine list. Stick to non-alcoholic drinks at lunch if you want it to come in under $60 for lunch for two!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crave does Sothern cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/1/2014If you like Crave, you'll probably like this. Personally, I think Crave is like Applebee's for an upscale suburb like Edina. It will do when you need to eat, but it's never the first choice for food.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceGckbirdDined on 8/31/2014Unlike most locations offering brunch, the Boneyard offers select plates of food for brunch. I've never been dining somewhere that offers brunch that is not a buffet. It was great. NO overeating. Loved the Jalapeno Maple Syrup -a must try.Special Features:
- Stellar service all nightverbalmuggingDined on 8/29/2014Is there anything better than encountering waitstaff and bartenders that are absolutely comprehensive in their knowledge of the drinks and food? Craig at the bar wins Bartender of the Year. Food was very good and the staff was very adept when making suggestions and explaining items. The bacon wrapped duck meatloaf is one of the best things I've eaten this year. We hit happy hour while waiting for friends, then had dinner with said friends, and when they left we hit the bar again for a nightcap.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We went for Saturday brunch with a group of 4 adults plus a toddler. We chose this place because of the menus and the food was delicious. Service could have been more attentive (drink refills) but was overall very friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is very laid back and the outdoor patio is very big. Would go back again.Special Features:
- Pet friendly2pacshakurDined on 8/22/2014They have a good list of wines and beers. Notably, the patio allows dogs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so greatMsherenowVIPDined on 8/21/2014The good was lousy. Second trip here and have been disappointed. Will not go back
- Horrible foodLocoDined on 8/16/2014Horrible food. I would not recomned the restaurant to any one.
- Southern, maybe, but not soul fooddiningchemistDined on 8/16/2014The ambience and decor are fantastic. Our server was awesome. The food fell flat, however. My mom and grandma make way better food at home. The waffles were cold, the ribs were dry, the greens were barely seasoned. Only the brisket was worth eating. Had a fun night out with my girls, but not the place to go if you're hungry.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014Had to pay $6 for parking. I realize you need to control unauthorized parkers, but the least you could do is give a credit back on the meal cost. Not enough menus for the table. Even got one for lunch when it was dinner time. I was told they ran out of menus yet it wasn't that busy. Is it poor management/poor planning? Inexperienced wait staff. Pleasant but immature in his service skills. Overall a rather discouraging first-time visit. Won't bother trying again.
- BoneyardEaterDined on 8/15/2014The food was good except the banana desserts were horrible. The banana pudding lacked flavor and the pie crust was rubbery and I only had four pieces of banana in the pie. The presentation of the banana foster pudding was beautiful until you looked at the bottom where the banana were grey. The server said was due to the bourbon. However, the peach cobbler was amazing. The chicken fried ribs were amazing as well as the fried green tomatoes.The rib platter was a good blue for the money and the ribs were huge as well as meaty. The chicken and waffles were good too. The duck meatloaf was good and the mashed potatoes were amazing. The best thing o. The menu were the chicken fried ribs with the sauce that accompanied it. We will go back soon!Special Features:
- Terrible food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Food was an epic fail. The dishes we ordered had ingredients that weren't listed on the menu and some of my group were allergic to the added ingredients. Anther dish was too damn spicy and not listed as a spicy dish on the menu. The server was super friendly and nice but the food wasn't worth the price we paid for. There were 10 of us and one third of the group had the right food. The rest of us struggled with added ingredients and allergic reactions. We spoke to the manager and he apologized and assured us he will update the menu. I would never recommend this restuarant as i have had terrible terrible experience.
- Decent Happy HourIMDebbieDined on 8/14/2014My friend and I went there for a Thursday Happy Hour (4-7pm). She had been there a week after it had opened and said the service was terrible and food was just "ok. This trip she was happy to see the service had greatly improved. We had an attentive and engaged server. The food was better (limited options) but good drink options. Sitting in the patio for happy hour was nice although the atmosphere at Boneyard is a bit bare-bones for me. They have valet parking, but not sure why, as on this Thursday there were several spots in the lot open (we left at 8:50pm). Seems like it might be a good late weekend place for the bar crowd....what do I know as I am watching Netflix on Saturday nights. Peace-out....oh ya that was so 2000 too. Sorry.Special Features:
- Need better presentationAnnFDined on 8/12/2014Pulled pork was good, Brussels sprouts over cooked, biscuits great. Overall the plate presentation needs to be rethought. Biscuits should be served to all in some type of basket with different spreads. Small cast iron pot for beans and other small servings would be better. There is a lot if potential for this restuarant. Music on patio needs to be better, lights, plants or ambiance needs to be better.Special Features:
- Group of 14Foodie123Dined on 8/12/2014Sweet patio option for a larger group. Sat in comfy chairs that were placed in a circle so that we were able to socialize with everyone!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014Fried chicken had no taste and dry. Mac and Cheese had not taste also.Special Features:
- A southern charmerJackVIPDined on 8/8/2014A great place! Went for lunch and food was terrific - salad fresh, duck meatloaf flavorful, the tomato jam a breath of fresh air, and the potatoes inspired. We will be back for brunch!Special Features:
- MomanddaughtersnightMomanddaughtersnightDined on 8/7/2014We went with friends from North Carolina and they thought the food was excellent!! They were able to make a true south comparison. Great drink menu too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It!EPFoodieDined on 8/2/2014I had the pleasure of dining at the Boneyard last Saturday morning for brunch. I had the fried chicken and waffles along with a side of the creamy grits! Everything was well prepared and flavorful. My daughter had the biscuit and gravy which was also excellent. All in all we had a great experience and enjoyed the energy of the establishment. They handled the Uptown Art Fair crowd with ease and even had their manager walking around to the different tables to check on their guests!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014I have been wanting to try Boneyard for a while. The food was delicious. Our server was very nice. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- PattyVIPDined on 8/1/2014Boneyard was GREAT....once again. Excellent food and service, we'll return!Special Features:
- Fantastic atmosphere!LetsgoDined on 7/30/2014Unlike any other restaurant in the Twin Cities, Boneyard is like a breath of fresh air. Featuring interesting food, great drinks (try the Pink Cadillac margarita) and a vibrant outdoor patio, the restaurant is a great addition to the Uptown scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy hourRi13Dined on 7/30/2014We went for dinner, but ended up eating off the happy hour menu. The alcohol portion of the happy hour menu saved maybe one or two dollars but the food was a fun surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good serviceLookinforlowcarbDined on 7/28/2014The meat was exceptionally great, we tried the pulled pork, brisket and ribs. The sides were good although nothing extremely fantastic. The cole slaw is spicy which I like but my husband did not. Beans were fantastic. We say outside which was a great area except for the couple chain smoking right behind us. The tables are a little too close together for that. Went for dinner (6:30) and there were many open tables although they were getting full by the time we left. Would love to go back to try their brunch menu. The servers were great and everyone else eating seemed to really be enjoying themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/28/2014I went for a ladies lunch. Our drinks were very good, but the food was only so-so. I had the brisket sandwich. There was not much meat and the bun was too hard. I did not eat the bun but enjoyed what was not very much of the brisket.Special Features:
- Excellent MenuuptowngirlDined on 7/20/2014Fun atmosphere, amazing menu selection, great drinks menu! Boneyard is a much less scary Hell's Kitchen, they love good food but don't take themselves too seriously. Reservation recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpatiensDined on 7/12/2014What a delightful menu--Southern Gothic, perfect for my friends with roots in Alabama and Tennessee.Special Features:
- Love the patio!lizlovestoeatVIPDined on 7/10/2014Great location, private free parking and I love the patio! I had the peach punch cocktail. It was a little sweet so I added soda water to it, then it was perfect. My husband had a watermelon cocktail which I thought was a little strong but he liked it. I had a watermelon salad which is HUGE, but delicious. I had also ordered an appetizer of fried mac and cheese bites. I did not need those. They also have a kids menu. We'll definitely return here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Happy HourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014Chose Boneyard for a birthday happy hour with a group of 10 and it went well! Great food choices and happy hour deals.Special Features:
- excellent food and serviceCajunfanDined on 7/6/2014We loved the Southern menu for breakfast. Everything was outstanding. The bloody mary is a great addition to your meal. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/5/2014We had an AWESOME server!!! His name was either Craig or Greg. He was fun, interactive!!!!Special Features:
- vinWeenDined on 7/5/2014We are from Chicago, and wanted to grab a bite to eat become before we made the drive back. All I can say...best decision ever. Everything about the place was great. Great environment, great staff, amazing food. Hands down chicken and waffles with the siracha maple syrup. If we make it back to Minneapolis, we are coming back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern Hospitality, up Nord'HeyImLADined on 7/4/2014The southern specialities are outstanding! I highly recommend the Pastor's Plate, with out-of-this-world pimento cheese! The ham biscuits are just perfect and the sweet tea is a must. Seriously - you can't go wrong here, ya'll.Special Features:
- Family get togetherCassDined on 7/3/2014We had such a fabulous time at Boneyard. Our niece was in town from SF and we thought we'd try a new restaurant. So pleasantly surprised. The attention by the wait staff and special attention by the chef Jason. I'm so glad he recommended the bacon wrapped duck meatloaf.....wonderful. The green fried tomatoes were awesome as well as the special vegetarian dish Jason made up for my niece who's a vegetarian. Try the waffles and fried chicken great plus the greens were so good. Does remind of dishes I've had in the south. We will be back for sure. And eat outside so nic.Special Features:
- Great ribs!SanFranVisitorVIPDined on 7/2/2014Tried it for the first time and liked the atmosphere. We sat outside, but the inside looked inviting, too. We shared the three-meat platter which was plenty for two people (unless you're a really big eater!). Tasty.Special Features:
- Great food and service!PaulTDined on 7/2/2014We tried the happy hour food and it was all good! The non-alcoholic drinks were great as well!Special Features:
- Very AttentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/30/2014Held a group happy hour there. 'Though not as many people showed up as had pledged (weather outside was delightful and distractions were aplenty), we were still seated and served and attended to with enthusiasm. The inside of the place is different than you might expect from the outside, but in a good way; the name and graffiti-like exterior led me to expect a bit more edge, and the interior and personality is a lot more comfortable. The food is delicious, the service very friendly and prompt. Everything's got a little kick to it, or a little twist. We ended up not trying the chicken and waffles, but that just gives another reason to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.